PDA

View Full Version : why do we love Elena so much?

elena4vrishu
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
According to me Elena looks so innocent that we fall in love of her calm vision.
She never looks rude(sorry to say,like Maria).And one more thing is that her lips are very very attractive n her hair sexy.

Dementinator
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:48 PM
well theres her obvious physical attributes of course ,I haven seen a more natrualy beautiful girl ,and no other girl can make muscles look so great!

But I think it goes beyond that ,its her character ,her spirit ,her last few matches here have proved that ,she wont give up ,she will fight for the death ,on one hand she looks innocent and sweet and on the other she is tougher than steel.

She is also totally dissinterested in fame and I just adore her for that ,she plays cos she loves it ,sure the millions she makes has to be a consideration ,but she is not a attention seeker ,despite her incredible beauty ,she simply does not flaunt it ,but then again when you are as gorgeous as seh is ,you dont need to be constantly told that by people.

She is straight to the point and totally genuine ,she does like something ,she will say so ,shes good tempered and placid ,yet can have a massive inner strength and be agressive when needed.

She always looks happy ,even during her bad matches ,no hang dog expressions ,she gets on and never believes she is out until the final score.

Overall I havent EVER been so affected by a player before ,she has such a magical quality about her thats hard to describe

to simplify the above and simply qoute Max...

ELENA FUCKING ROCKS!!!

Chunchun
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I don't know why i love her. She's pretty and hot, and it's always fun to see her play! :inlove:

selyoink
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Because she has a great forehand and backhand. Overcomes a bad serve. She is very fast. Also she is quite the hotty if you ask me and probably everyone else on her forum.

Mathijs
Sep 9th, 2005, 04:09 PM
well theres her obvious physical attributes of course ,I haven seen a more natrualy beautiful girl ,and no other girl can make muscles look so great!

But I think it goes beyond that ,its her character ,her spirit ,her last few matches here have proved that ,she wont give up ,she will fight for the death ,on one hand she looks innocent and sweet and on the other she is tougher than steel.

She is also totally dissinterested in fame and I just adore her for that ,she plays cos she loves it ,sure the millions she makes has to be a consideration ,but she is not a attention seeker ,despite her incredible beauty ,she simply does not flaunt it ,but then again when you are as gorgeous as seh is ,you dont need to be constantly told that by people.

She is straight to the point and totally genuine ,she does like something ,she will say so ,shes good tempered and placid ,yet can have a massive inner strength and be agressive when needed.

She always looks happy ,even during her bad matches ,no hang dog expressions ,she gets on and never believes she is out until the final score.

Overall I havent EVER been so affected by a player before ,she has such a magical quality about her thats hard to describe

to simplify the above and simply qoute Max...

ELENA FUCKING ROCKS!!!

that's quite the same description why i love Lena, Capt ;) (seems we have a same meaning over Lena all the time, strange isn't it??)

And to end this post with quoting the same as Capt and Max did, ELENA JUST FUCKING ROCKS MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! i wont ever find such a fine and special girl like Lena, There's something about Lena which Capt said before, is very hard to describe....

cindy
Sep 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
ah ah!!! this one I can tell I like her because the first time I saw her she had been so sweet polite and...soooooo funny
let me tell you
it was in 2001 or 2000 I don't remember well and one of my friend chris my sister and I were at paris-coubertin
chris tought that lena was beautiful so i gave him a poster of her and we decided to ask her if she can sign it and take a picture with her
when she arrived chris said "oh! elle est vachement belle!!! non vraiment" which means something like "oh! she is beautiful!!! really!!!"
my sister and I said "oui oui c'est vrai et qu'est ce qu'elle est blonde!!!" which means "yes yes tis true and how she is blonde!!!!!"
lena was looking at us, smiling, saying nothing at all
we ask for the autograph she signs one more time without saying nothing at all but with a big smile
chris said one more time that she was beautiful AND very nice girl (everything in french of course) and here comes the funny thing
chris asked for a picture with her she said yes with her head but unfortunatly the camera didn't work!!!! lena is sooooo much cool she waits while my sister and I insult the poor camera with every dirty words
when a little voice said "il marche pas l'appareil?" I translate "the camera doesn't work?"....it was lena who abvously undertood everything especially all the "she is beautiful"
so my friend my sister and I said "elle comprend le français!!!???" "she speaks french!!!???" lena had a big and triumphal smile on her face
we told her (in french) "shame on us...did you understand when we said that you are beautiful....?" "yeah I understood everything...thanks!"
we just laughed and go back to the picture cause, remember, the camera didn't work....
my sister tried one more time but it was the same so she put it down and...a big flash!!!!!!! lena took chris by the arm chris did the same but on the pic we can only see their shoes
but lena had been really nice she waitted again and again for chris to have his pic with her (but I don't have it sorry)
that's why I like her...a lot of other player should have say "ok now I go sorry" but no her...so :worship:

SloKid
Sep 9th, 2005, 05:54 PM
We also love Lena, because she can hit great backhand passing shots on the run.

exodus'05
Sep 9th, 2005, 06:17 PM
because she just took the first set against pierce 6-3
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SloKid
Sep 9th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Because she plays fair.

Fair play, Mary. Ever heard of it. She really f***ing annoys and pisses me off, she is the one who is annoying not Lena.

Paco
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Because she is herself

P.L.B.
Sep 9th, 2005, 08:45 PM
ah ah!!! this one I can tell I like her because the first time I saw her she had been so sweet polite and...soooooo funny
let me tell you
it was in 2001 or 2000 I don't remember well and one of my friend chris my sister and I were at paris-coubertin
chris tought that lena was beautiful so i gave him a poster of her and we decided to ask her if she can sign it and take a picture with her
when she arrived chris said "oh! elle est vachement belle!!! non vraiment" which means something like "oh! she is beautiful!!! really!!!"
my sister and I said "oui oui c'est vrai et qu'est ce qu'elle est blonde!!!" which means "yes yes tis true and how she is blonde!!!!!"
we ask for the autograph she signs one more time without saying nothing at all but with a big smile
chris said one more time that she was beautiful AND very nice girl (everything in french of course) and here comes the funny thing
chris asked for a picture with her she said yes with her head but unfortunatly the camera didn't work!!!! lena is sooooo much cool she waits while my sister and I insult the poor camera with every dirty words
when a little voice said "il marche pas l'appareil?" I translate "the camera doesn't work?"....it was lena who abvously undertood everything especially all the "she is beautiful"
so my friend my sister and I said "elle comprend le français!!!???" "she speaks french!!!???" lena had a big and triumphal smile on her face
we told her (in french) "shame on us...did you understand when we said that you are beautiful....?" "yeah I understood everything...thanks!"
we just laughed and go back to the picture cause, remember, the camera didn't work....
my sister tried one more time but it was the same so she put it down and...a big flash!!!!!!! lena took chris by the arm chris did the same but on the pic we can only see their shoes
but lena had been really nice she waitted again and again for chris to have his pic with her (but I don't have it sorry)
that's why I like her...a lot of other player should have say "ok now I go sorry" but no her...so :worship:

:hearts: It is a good story

Ferosh
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I love Elena because she is just gorgeous. The shocking thing... I'm a gay man.

JLDementieva
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I love the way Elena plays, she has the best forehand IMO, she moves well around the court, she's so nice, so sweet, isn't afraid to speak her mind, she's not cocky. She has a great smile that make anyone standing in front of her like her even more. She's such a fighter, even when she's down. I've liked her for 5 years, and not a day do I regret that. She's got great potential, and I know that great things will come next year.

Dementinator
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:32 PM
:hearts: It is a good story

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lena!!!!! :kiss:

evinrude15
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:01 PM
let me tell you

Love your story.

Love her when she do some little cry on the court becaus eshe miss a point.
Love her when she speak in French even when she say bad word
Love her when she don't realise that she is a famous player who have a lot of fan and whe she walk in Roland Garros without a bodygard and signs autograph and take pics of everyone....I see that and that make a lot.
Love her for so much thing that I can't say all

Prizeidiot
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:44 AM
If you want to know the answer, look at the reactions of everyone in this board about Mary's timeout. Then read Elena's interview. You'll know why we love her then.

Oh, and the answer could also be found in all the other posts in this thread :p

Dementirilenko
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Elena is very beautiful. She has this amazing long hair and a pretty face. She can play tennis in a fantastic way. She is very charming and elegant...still perfect

Mathijs
Sep 10th, 2005, 07:23 PM
If you want to know the answer, look at the reactions of everyone in this board about Mary's timeout. Then read Elena's interview. You'll know why we love her then.

Oh, and the answer could also be found in all the other posts in this thread :p

Yes that's also one of the reasons why i love Lena, Good words PI :)

Apoorv
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Elena is very cute and charming. When i saw her play lindsay in 2000 uso, i was simply struck by her innocence, never give up attitute, and above all her control over her emotions despite being loosing after coming so close to win the second set from being down at 2-6 2-5 and 0-40 on lindsay's serve.
she is so beautiful and so hard working. every one counts her out except for her fans. but she surprise them all with her pesistance and good results. her serve is bad but look how much she is giving in to improve it what she accomplishes despite having it. never gets purturbed by it.
see her every match and i come to know why i love her. at wimbledon she was so close to winning against anastasia but lost despite that she gave a warm hand shake to her. she always has smile even if she wins or looses. not many can do it. her interview after uso semi is an example.
i will love you elena forever and for always. you are amazing.

~Dementievaitis~
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:27 AM
thx goldenlox.
I think this article shouldn't be burried in the main thread

Peter Bodo of Tennis magazine

I’m sorry that Elena Dementieva and Kim Clijsters won’t be playing the
women’s final today. Each of them ought to have a Grand Slam title by now,
and if it were up to me I’d just soon see Elena get hers first.

Kim is a pleasant girl, the word that always comes up is “nice.” She’s
kind of a bore, though. That wouldn’t bother me, ordinarily, but I think
there’s
something simultaneously calculated and indifferent about the way she never
says anything even remotely interesting.

I think Kim just wants to avoid controversy and go about her business, while
Elena is bright and engaged enough with the world to actually think about
how she really feels about things and let it be known. She’s the sport’s
version of a Free Radical (remember those? I think they had something to do
with yoga, or veganism).

We saw that yesterday, in Elena’s post-match presser after Mary Pierce had
her spa moment on the floor of Arthur Ashe Stadium. (I can just see all
those fans returning home, saying, Wow, we had a great time at the Open. We
got to watch Pierce get a 12-minute Swedish massage. It was awesome!. . .)
I got to know Dementieva a bit a few years ago, when I did a lengthy story
for TENNIS on the Orange Bowl of 1998 (Dementieva served well and beat Nadia
Petrova in the 18s final). I thought it might be fun to catch up with her.
The way she handled the Pierce injury episode gave me just one more reason
to like Dementieva and I can think of, oh, about 33 more. But that would be
just off the top of my head.

So I asked to meet with her and did, shortly after she did the usual media
rounds after losing to Pierce. She met me, wearing a powder-blue track suit.
Where do I start? Well, she’s extremely attractive (I know, men are dogs .
. . tell me something I don’t know). But she’s not nearly as impressed by
that as am, say, I.

Seriously—she’s got the figure of a track athlete and a face with enough
character to transcend prettiness. She’s shy and modest, and colors easily
during a conversation. But she’s also animated, frank and engaging. Enough
of the superficial stuff.

Dementieva is a legitimate star who’s overcome her introversion, but she
still has no core group or entourage. In fact, if you look at the player’s
box when she’s playing, you see her mother, Vera, surrounded by empty seats
and maybe a few fans who look like they finished off the last of their wine
coolers and then snuck down into the box. Elena, who’s very close with her
mom, laughed when I made that observation.

My mother hates it when people sit around her, especially when they say
things like, “Okay, now Elena’s going to do it!” or they shout out my
name. But I have friends, I promise! I get them tickets, too, only not for
the box.

Dementieva has no intention to become famous, nor does she resent those who
are. Immersed in the iPod generation, she would just as soon read—Russian
classics,mostly. Her favorite author is Vladimir Nabokov. She loves her
motherland, Russia, and—you want to talk about marching to a different tune
than most tennis players?—she loves cold weather. She skis and snowboards,
but otherwise spends her down time with family; she said she even gardens
with Vera.

At the same time, she loves adventure—you would have to, with the serve she
annually brings to New York. Reflecting on her penchant for playing
three-set cliffhangers choc-a-bloc with tiebreakers, she shrugs. “I think
that’s just my lucky numbers in New York—7-6.”
The tiebreakers, of course, have a lot to do with that infamous serve—the
one that looks like she developed it in a basement somewhere, hampered by a
7-foot ceiling. And how about that second serve, which is almost a sidearm
delivery? It’s no big deal, she argues. The serve is not her best shot
(stop the presses!). So what? Life is still good.

One unexpected side effect of having such a suck-o serve is that it
emphasizes the value and quality of her groundstrokes, as well as her mental
toughness. For winning with that serve is the equivalent of, oh, Dale
Earnhardt Jr. winning the Daytona 500 while running with a flat right-front
tire.
In other words, it just boggles the mind.

Tell me you don’t find that interesting, in a sick kind of way (I know, you
don’t watch NASCAR for the crashes, either).

That Dementieva’s serve actually got worse on the tour, even as her results
gradually improved, is a testament to some kind of mad genius in her,
although just what kind is anybody’s guess. In any event, is there a more
baffling game out there, combining in equal measures the sublime and the
ridiculous?
But here’s something else: The serve probably played a role in making
Dementieva one of the most gritty competitors out there.

She laughed when I suggested that. “Well, if you know you can never count
on winning your serve, it makes it that much more important to break
serve.”

She ruefully added, “This is true.”

Davenport had some interesting things to say after Dementieva came back from
match-point down to beat her in the quarterfinals. “You get so many speeds
and stuff . . . I mean, you get some in the 60s {m.p.h.}, some in the 90s.
You just never know what to expect.”

Davenport went on to say, “She’s a phenomenal competitor. With the amount
of setbacks she has with her serve in other matches, she still always hangs
in there. She’s a huge fighter. She manages to stay positive in some
bizarre circumstances . . .”

It’s all part of the adventure, Elena might say. Get this:

I like to do different things on my day off. Here, I was looking for a dog.
I like dogs. I found on the Internet a French bulldog. I had to go to New
Jersey to get it, I don’t even know where that was. Then I had to go and
play Lindsay, but first I had to find a baby sitter who could go to the
hotel and take care of the dog while I was playing . . .

So Elena’s got the same old lousy serve. She’s got a new dog, though,
although it already has a dumb name, Armani. She said she might change it.
She’s also going to try to change her serve, which has been a never-ending
story. She’ll work a little more with Richard Krajicek, the former
Wimbledon champ and serving demon.

Maybe her serve will get better. Maybe it won’t. She cares. Sort of. In
some ways, her serve plays into her fascination with the game, although she’d gladly trade serves with, say, Serena Williams (actually, she’d probably
change serves with Roseanne).

“I just love being on the court, especially here,” she said. “I love the
battle.”
There was only thing I didn’t get. I asked, “Elena—gardening?”

She blushed and said, “Okay, I don’t like it that much. But it’s okay for
a few minutes.”

Prizeidiot
Sep 12th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Great article!!!

She got a new dog, that's cool. Though I do agree, Armani is a horrible, horrible name.

middy
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Elena why do I love her, because I just do. There is something about her, tres magnifique

Dementinator
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:51 AM
super article!! the guy was awestruck by her hehehehe Lena has no Idea just how she appears to people ,she cant understand why they turn into gibbering wrecks in her presence ,...shes simply wonderful!!! a gift from the gods!

Danči Dementia
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:06 PM
elena is the best and she was just robbed in thah semi against pierce i just hate mary she is nasty she looks like a mause

P.L.B.
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:10 PM
she is nasty she looks like a mause
:lol:

evinrude15
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Great article!!!

She got a new dog, that's cool. Though I do agree, Armani is a horrible, horrible name.

Ok I'm boring my self so I finf a pics of the french bulldog that Lena just buy well it's not this one but that is what a french bulldof look like......not interested but OMG I'm so boring tonight ;)

Paco
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Ok I'm boring my self so I finf a pics of the french bulldog that Lena just buy well it's not this one but that is what a french bulldof look like......not interested but OMG I'm so boring tonight ;)
What a funny dog ;)

Mathijs
Sep 12th, 2005, 06:51 PM

:awww: how cute :hearts:

I am interested no probs, where did ya read that Evin?

Dementinator
Sep 12th, 2005, 07:06 PM
heheheehehehehehehhehe

evinrude15
Sep 12th, 2005, 09:00 PM
well I do some search on the web. I find also that it's a very sweet dog, sportsman, and very lovelly with his master and children