PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Lena - 5 down, 2 to go!

TennisNick
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:23 AM
:bounce::bounce:Wooohooo!!! :bounce::bounce:

Another amazing win for Lena tonight - she knows how to win those 3rd set tiebreakers :D

I don't think words can express how impressive that victory was - how can you watch that match and not adore Lena's fighting spirit? She looked like the #1 player in the world in the first set, then after many setbacks, gets herself back into a winning position in the third set, only to get broken twice, once serving for the match. But most of us probably expected her to lose serve and win the tiebreak right? :cool: Even down match point I somehow knew she would pull it out. I have to admit, though, that it didn't stop me from screaming so much that I had to close the windows so that the neighbors would not think I was insane.

I don't post much, but my admiration for Lena just grows each and every match. I have many favorite players, but at this point there is no question I am rooting for Lena to win the title (and Kim C was a favorite of mine ever since she started on tour).

I got a chance to watch her live the first week at the US Open, and even against Chakvetadze when she served 20 double faults, she never once got negative or down on herself (and I was sitting about 5 feet from the court, so I could tell) - it almost seemed like she knew she would win in the end. And I love how she has a huge smile at the end of every match, even in the first round, no matter what the score - she really appreciates the moment.

Lena is like one of those tragic heroines from a movie -- we all know she has serving issues, but I think it actually makes her more likable and fun to watch (in addition to nerveracking of course ;)).

Anyway, I think this story will have a happy ending this year. This is Lena's year -- Pierce, Sharpova, and Clijsters are all beatable.

Sorry for the rambling... so happy Lena got through this match!! :angel:

Justineladivine
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hi guys, I don't post much into WTAWORLD but I wanted to tell you how happy I am about yesterday's win. Should be a huge boost for her self-confidence. I'm even happier as most of her fans on GM or elsewhere are definitely among the nicest, not going for cheap bashing or anything. Lena is my second favourite player and I said in a post not so long ago that with her I never feel sad when she beats my number one fave. So go lovely Elena tennis maid. May all your dreams come true this time.

Mathijs
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:10 PM
:bounce::bounce:Wooohooo!!! :bounce::bounce:

Another amazing win for Lena tonight - she knows how to win those 3rd set tiebreakers :D

I don't think words can express how impressive that victory was - how can you watch that match and not adore Lena's fighting spirit? She looked like the #1 player in the world in the first set, then after many setbacks, gets herself back into a winning position in the third set, only to get broken twice, once serving for the match. But most of us probably expected her to lose serve and win the tiebreak right? :cool: Even down match point I somehow knew she would pull it out. I have to admit, though, that it didn't stop me from screaming so much that I had to close the windows so that the neighbors would not think I was insane.

I don't post much, but my admiration for Lena just grows each and every match. I have many favorite players, but at this point there is no question I am rooting for Lena to win the title (and Kim C was a favorite of mine ever since she started on tour).

I got a chance to watch her live the first week at the US Open, and even against Chakvetadze when she served 20 double faults, she never once got negative or down on herself (and I was sitting about 5 feet from the court, so I could tell) - it almost seemed like she knew she would win in the end. And I love how she has a huge smile at the end of every match, even in the first round, no matter what the score - she really appreciates the moment.

Lena is like one of those tragic heroines from a movie -- we all know she has serving issues, but I think it actually makes her more likable and fun to watch (in addition to nerveracking of course ;)).

Anyway, I think this story will have a happy ending this year. This is Lena's year -- Pierce, Sharpova, and Clijsters are all beatable.

Sorry for the rambling... so happy Lena got through this match!! :angel:

hey :wavey:

Ur not rambling. i am happy with this win as well, i think the same as you all 3 that are in the SF right now are beatable for Lena, i am really confident for Lena's chances for this years USO title!! :bounce:
It will have a happy ending, i just can feel that!!

Thanx for sharing your nice words, i think the same bout it :) and welcome here, i haven't seen you much posting in here, hope you do alot more as well as in Lena D fanclub, and let's cheer Lena together to her first GS title!!!! :bounce:

ns_Henin
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Please win the title, ELENA!!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ram357
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I don't post much either but last night's match was unbelievable! I like how they pointed out how incredible a player she'd be if she had a serve worthy of #6 in the rankings.

D

Danči Dementia
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:39 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) its the first time that i post here im super happy for Lena she can win i wish she play the final and win it im so exited VIVA ELENA

Paco
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
:woohoo:

Agassi Fan
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:04 PM
She was great!!!!

JC Federer
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Did anybody tape this match? When I tuned in, it was 5-4 in the tiebreak, then Lindsay won the next two points to go up match point! :eek: The moment I woke up, hadn't even washed my face yet, and already my blood was boiling, my heart was racing, and my sweat glands were working over time... Not a nice way to start the day, what a rude awakening! I saw Lena's two winners when down match point, and I could see she was risking it all and going for broke.. very lucky to get out of those, because those were some high risk shots. What a way to greet me in the morning, ladies!

Great effort, knocking out the #1. Pierce is beatable... but it will be a tough day beating Clijsters or Sharapova. I think she has a better chance against Sharapova than against Clijsters unless Clijsters chokes, but I think she's beyond that now.

Hopefully Shazza and Kim will go to a third set tie break and wear each other down physically...

Please get the monkey off your back! Win the title, and silence those so-called "experts" who predicted a straight set rout by Lindsay.

Sweep
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:18 PM
As a Masha fan I would love to congratulate Lena on a magnificent win last night, and for also helping Masha on the way to reclaiming her number 1 place in the rankings.

It would be fantastic if the two could meet in the final.

Good luck against Pierce - I'll be rootin' for ya Lena.

JC Federer
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:23 PM
As a Masha fan I would love to congratulate Lena on a magnificent win last night, and for also helping Masha on the way to reclaiming her number 1 place in the rankings.

It would be fantastic if the two could meet in the final.

Good luck against Pierce - I'll be rootin' for ya Lena.

I'll be hoping for that too, for your sake... but your girl will have her hands full tomorrow with Kim! And if they do meet in the finals, I won't be on your side. ;)

Take care.
:wavey: