PDA

View Full Version : Semifinaltime - Mary vs Dementieva

sebbe
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:02 AM
So guys, what do you think?

I really think Mary has a better chance to reach the final against Elena then against Lindsay.

Good Luck Mary!!!

aimee20
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:27 AM
elena can be streaky but mary will take her chance :bounce:

MPStylee
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Guys I'm so nervous!!! I hope she wins so bad!!!

We Love You, Mary!!!

JMC
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM
I really thought it would be a Pierce/Davenport like the majority i guess and :devil: now it is Elena, you know that kind of player at the first look you would'nt bet a penny but her game is really dangerous, like "floating" between the best and the rest...So Mary will have to take her very seriously, for instance when i saw the last quarter on TV, i was thinking looking how Lyndsay was moving and playing : "waoh, finaly may be it would be better if Lyndsay will be the next one for Mary...."

But if the french champion stays at the same level, normaly she should win (the services of the Russian are so poor ! it will be a very big opportunity for Mary to return when there will have a second ball service from Elena and ....there will have a lot i think !)

:fiery: COME ON MARY FIGHT AGAIN YOU ARE CLEARLY THE BEST :devil:

cakiteror
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:28 AM
well,i dont know guys!
in my opinion davenport is a way better player than elena,but mary should be fully focussed,she mustnt underestimate elena!(i know she wont,lool)
mary should focuss on her return ,and kill elenas serve,loooool!

ashwu
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:51 AM
i totally agree wit hyou guys, this is a match mary should really stay focus and make herself take it seriously

Scotso
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Mary's never lost a grand slam semifinal, and she won't start now.

Allez, Mary! :D

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Sep 8th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I am glad it is Elena that she has to play, but she can be so tricky. NOt only should she be out iwth that serve. She already beat the number 1 player in the world. She beat Jen too last year and let me tell you while I do like Elena I want Mary to take her out. This is going to be revenge of last year I hope. GO MARY@@@

MaryPierceFan
Sep 8th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Go girl! You can do it!

Lu_Weird
Sep 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I am nervous and worried...but I know Mary will win!!! Mary need focus focus and focus then win win win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atoutix
Sep 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I am nervous and worried...but I know Mary will win!!! Mary need focus focus and focus then win win win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mee too, Dementieva was realy good against Davenport so Mary has to keep on her game ...in a itw in a french newspaper she said that she felt something in her quadriceps in the end of the first set but her doctor said she has not to worried about that ..i hope she will be very fine against Dementieva ..

:fiery: COME ON MARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :fiery:

rsunderji
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I think Elena will certainly be fighting out there going toe-to-toe with the groundstrokes. Thing is Elena will be able to handle Mary's service because she is that good at the baseline. I hope Mary doesn't get too discouraged by that and that she takes advantage on Elena's service game. I think it will be 2 close sets to Mary! Allez!

Lu_Weird
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Elena is really dangerous I think, she is very strange way to play..strange serve and that make her opponent absent minded and lose confidence. Lindsay said that Elena will serve a 60mp ball first,but second she will change it to a 90mp..that's really smart way to disturb opponent's mind. Mary really should watch out!!!!! David and Nick should make way of that...Nick, please help Mary.I know you are so experienced and know how to help Mary win!!!!!!!!!! Pleaseeeee Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edman
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Elena is not as top as Mary!
you know, her serves sometimes are terrible
so mary's powerful return is really a big challenge to her!
if mary played as last 2 matches, she can win in straight sets!!!
Come on, Mary~

pierce_fanatic
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Good luck Mary ! Once again, I know you can do it ! Just believe in yourself and stay focused !

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

mamno_MARYFAN
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Well...its going to be a different match for Mary...I've always felt that Mary has never played Elena at her best...so I hope Mary's form rite now is enough to beat Elena tomorrow...:angel:

I still can't believe this...Mary's in the US Open semifinals already...I don't want to look too forward but I really feel how nice it is to see Mary in the FINALS...:angel:

But still...the most important thing for Mary is to be focused...if Mary attacks first and doesn't let Elena take charge...Mary should be alright....and there's Elena's bizarre service to think about too...Mary should be really focused and ATTACK IT....!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

All the same...I'm pretty happy to see Mary's level of concentration in both her previous matches...if she can keep that up...I think that should be enough against Elena tomorrow...:bounce:

With that...good luck Mary....YOU WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

saby
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I know one person who should take care of her serve :devil: , b/c the diva is on fire LOL :lol:

stenen
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Good luck Mary!! You can do it!

sebbe
Sep 9th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Arthur Ashe 11.00 AM Start

1. Men's Doubles - Finals
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[1]/Max Mirnyi (BLR)[1] vs.
Bob Bryan (USA)[2]/Mike Bryan (USA)[2]

Not Before 1:30 PM
2. Women's Singles - Semis
Mary Pierce (FRA)[12] vs. Elena Dementieva (RUS)[6]

Not Before 3:45 PM
3. Women's Singles - Semis
Maria Sharapova (RUS)[1] vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)[4]

TennisPlayingFox
Sep 9th, 2005, 05:31 AM
While I like both Dementieva and Pierce and there both great players. I Hope Mary is able to pull this one out!

Scotso
Sep 9th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Hopefully the doubles final will be over early and Mary won't be delayed any. Allez Mary!

DomenicDemaria
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Hopefully the doubles final will be over early and Mary won't be delayed any. Allez Mary!

I hope so too. In Australia coverage has started on free-to-air television and I am waking up at 3:30 AM to watch it!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

Andy.
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Mary is in the zone at the moment. She is beating players she hasnt beaten in a while or never beaten so shw should go into this match confident of victory. She will have to be striking the ball well and going for everything in order to keep the points short. I dont want her to be rallying with Dementieva. Good luck Mary we know you can do it.

pierce_fanatic
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I hope so too. In Australia coverage has started on free-to-air television and I am waking up at 3:30 AM to watch it!!!!! I am so excited!!!!
lol doesnt it suck being 14 hours behind the US.

so now its 12.10am and i might as well just stay up until Mary's match and watch it live :p

Declan
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:38 PM
As usual, I can't bring myself to watch the match live -it's just too stressful, really!! But I feel quietly confident -Mary really is in the form of her career.

GOOD LUCK, MARY!!!!

pierce_fanatic
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:02 PM
oh no, we've just lost power down here . . . i hope it comes back on before Mary's match starts, i need to see this match :(:(:(

edited to say : crisis is over, we have power . . . for now :lol:

Ballbasher
Sep 9th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Double Final is over,Mary will play soon

lindsayno1
Sep 9th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Good luck Mary. Obviously I wanted Davenport through, but now want mary to kick some russian arse. Elena can be tricky though, and even thou lindsay was playing appaulingly, she still has the game to annoy Mary.

Allez Mary!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Mary's fans, vote for Mary there ! http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=191918

DomenicDemaria
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:06 AM
oh no, we've just lost power down here . . . i hope it comes back on before Mary's match starts, i need to see this match :(:(:(

edited to say : crisis is over, we have power . . . for now :lol:

Yeah, it was pretty bad. I lost power too and started freaking out :lol: :lol:
Thank god it came back b4 Mary's match!!!

Lu_Weird
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Mary just win!!! NO one could keep her