PDA

View Full Version : Is the Venus vs Kim match the most anticipated match of the year??

tennisfanxx
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Is it?

Helen Lawson
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:24 PM
It certainly is the most anticipated of the tournament. I think a couple at Wimbledon and the Serena/Maria Australian Open match were highly anticipated.

tennisbum79
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:35 PM
No.
Venus vs. Maria in Wimby.
Serena Vs. Maria in Ausie

Ferosh
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I think that a rematch of the 2005 Wimbledon final and a rematch of the 2005 Wimbledon semifinal would be the most anticipated. It sure is a possibility.

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:40 PM
It's between this match and Serena vs. Sharapova. The latter didn't disappoint, but I hope Venus wins easily against Kim to make this one a sleeper. It's Venus and Kim's rubber match for this year both of them having defeated the other once this year.

franny
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that Maria versus Venus was the most anticipated match of the year. I don't know why, maybe it has to do with the fact that it was the former queen of Wimbledon against the newly crowned princess or just the fact that they have such flashy games. Everyone was talking about it, all the sportscenters and little thirty minute sports shows. It definitely lived up to it's hype though, with the former queen re-taking her spot at the throne in a thrilling high quality match.

Volcana
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Is it?No. The Serena-Sharapova match at OZ, by far. I don't think Kim or Venus are the type of personalities that really create that kind of buzz. 'Most anticipated match of the year' means casual fans are into it. None of the casual fans I know are anticipating ANY of the possible matchups at the US OPen this year. They're more into individual players..

kiwifan
Sep 6th, 2005, 11:05 PM
No, I'd say Serena v Sharapova was.

After that was probably Venus v Sharapova.

ampers&
Sep 6th, 2005, 11:15 PM
No.
Serena vs. Sharapova was...followed closely by Vee vs. Sharapova.