PDA

View Full Version : The Slovaks vs the Swiss...

Greenout
Apr 21st, 2002, 12:32 PM
Usually isn't what most people consider a rouser of
a Fed Cup last year or even the year before;but now..

We've got Slovakia with Daniela; the IW winner.
In the other corner red hot Patty and she's come of
age Galiardi. This is one of the more interesting
draws of the tournament next weekend.

It could go either way. I'm a huge Henrietta fan too..
so I don't know who to cheer for. :) :cool:

lemon
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:40 AM
Go Daniela! Even though she has been having trouble playing singles, She is BACK AT HOME playing on red clay unlike U.S. green clay:D SO GO DANIELA! and happy birthday two days early!!!!

Scotso
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:51 AM
Who are playing for the different teams?

I doubt Hingis will... Schnyder and Gagliardi would beat Slovakia...

Irish
Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by lemon-ice
Go Daniela! Even though she has been having trouble playing singles, She is BACK AT HOME playing on red clay unlike U.S. green clay:D SO GO DANIELA! and happy birthday two days early!!!!
Welcome aboard Lemon-ice

You beat me to mentioning Daniela's birthday on the 23rd!
These will be great matchups.

thefreedesigner
Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:19 AM
Scotso, I doubt it will be so cut-and-dried for the Swiss (though I'll be rooting for them).

Hingis isn't playing.

Slovakia have Husarova and Martina Sucha don't they? Both will be difficult on clay. I guess for singles it will be Daniela and Husarova?? Hopefully Patty can take out Daniela, I think it's going to an extremely competitive and enjoyable tie. :)

late_fellow
Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:21 AM
Good Luck Switzerland..:)

Patty and Myriam has been playing well lately..:)

martinafan
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:35 PM
GO SWITZERLAND!!!!

Switzerland is my favourite tennis playing nation....i like practically every player from Switzerland that i know...Martina, Patty, Emmanuelle, Marie-Gaiane, Miroslava, Myriam and Daniela!!!!!

I LIKE THEM ALL! :) :)

I'm confident they can beat the Slovaks!!!!

Doris Loeffel
Apr 22nd, 2002, 12:46 PM
After the good results from Patty and Myriam last week Switzerland for sure has a chance to beat Slovakia but every match has to be played first and it's going to be though!!

Anyways good luck Switzerland!!

evaz
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:56 PM
good luck to Switzerland!

Ryan
Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:14 PM
C'mon Swiss Misses!!!!

Monica_Rules
Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
GO SWISS:D

ptkten
Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
Good luck Slovakia!

herodoto
Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:18 PM
allez la suisse! forza svizzera! glück Schweiz!

Wizkid
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:23 AM
i have a question when do fed cup matches start?

lemon
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by martinafan
GO SWITZERLAND!!!!

Switzerland is my favourite tennis playing nation....i like practically every player from Switzerland that i know...Martina, Patty, Emmanuelle, Marie-Gaiane, Miroslava, Myriam and Daniela!!!!!

I LIKE THEM ALL! :) :)

I'm confident they can beat the Slovaks!!!!

No offense man, but Daniela, if you're talking about Daniela Hantuchova, She is on the Slovak Rep.'s team so.....:angel:

hugetennisfan
Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:43 AM
I think s/he meant Daniela Casanova!

Doris Loeffel
Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:30 AM
She for sure meant Daniela Casanova as she is replacing Miroslava Vavrinec who still's dealing with foot problems. (She may even undergo surgery......)

Beat
Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:34 AM
they're both cool teams, i think, and it will be certainly very interesting. but is myriam playing? i thought miroslava was replaced by daniela (and i'm talking about casanova;) ), and that myriam wouldn't play??

Doris Loeffel
Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:14 AM
Beat Myriam for sure is in the team. If she's playing that's an other question. Well at least I haven't heard that she withdrew since the anouncement of the team was out.

Just check http://www.mytennis.ch/newsfacts/index.cfm?FOLDER=newsfacts&PK_OBJECT=10100&lang=D for further details.

I heard that Mirca is out due to her foot problems but nothing else.

King Aaron
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:52 PM
Good luck Switzerland..:)

martinafan
Apr 26th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Yeah, i did mean daniela casanova.....i saw them both play against australia last year, and was very impressed...

and for those who don't know...i am a male....18 years old from sydney....my name is dean! :) :)

late_fellow
Apr 26th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Good luck Switzerland !!

Lola
Apr 26th, 2002, 10:25 PM
GOOD LUCK, SLOVAK GIRLS!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oizo
Apr 27th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Why isn´t Hingis playing? :confused:

Habsudovafan
Apr 27th, 2002, 10:16 AM
GO Slovakia!!

Although i am sad to see that Karina is not on the slovak team. That must be the first time since slovakia became independent in 1993. I hope she returns soon.