PDA

View Full Version : ANA's and JELENA's parents!!!

ivanovic
Sep 5th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Has any one got any interviews that have been done with Ana's or JJ parents.

I'm just wondering, because unlike Damir Dokic, the fathers of both Ana and JJ are almost non-excistant :shrug: , I just want to know what they think about their kids thats all :hug:

kebab
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Has any one got any interviews that have been done with Ana's or JJ parents.

I'm just wondering, because unlike Damir Dokic, the fathers of both Ana and JJ are almost non-excistant :shrug: , I just want to know what they think about their kids thats all :hug:
Good question...

incognito
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:01 AM
In this article Ana's father Miroslav talks a little about how she started playing tennis etc:
http://www.politika.co.yu/ilustro/2401/3.htm

©@®eLess
Sep 5th, 2005, 10:27 AM
well it's most about Ana's dad and Jela's mum. We don't even know how Ana's mum and Jela's dad look like!

kebab
Sep 5th, 2005, 11:00 AM
http://img139.echo.cx/img139/346/anamom0tq.th.jpg (http://img139.echo.cx/my.php?image=anamom0tq.jpg)
http://img201.echo.cx/img201/3374/3b5qx.jpg
www.ana-ivanovic.net (Thanx to Padi ;) )

Steffy6094
Sep 5th, 2005, 02:09 PM
In this article Ana's father Miroslav talks a little about how she started playing tennis etc:
http://www.politika.co.yu/ilustro/2401/3.htm

Thanks but someone can translate for poor noserbian speakers...

Joana
Sep 5th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks but someone can translate for poor noserbian speakers...

The article was written after the tournament in Canberra, so it's pretty old and mostly says the already know stuff... some interesting details though: Ana never played with toys and dolls, but only with a plastic racquet and small tennis balls. And when she was 5 she started playing tennis and her parents bought her a real racquet, and Ana carried it wherever she went. She even used to sleep with it. :lol:

incognito
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Here's the translation, and yes, it's an old article from after her Canberra victory with mostly known stuff but a few personal details...

ANA IVANOVIC - A NEW TENNIS STAR

BEING THE BEST AGAINST THE STRONGEST

The conqueror of the Canberra title is the player that advanced the most on the ranking list last year, rising from 705th place to top 80

Ana Ivanovic confesses that she went to the tournament in Canberra only to adjust to the climate so that she would be better prepared for the Australian Open. But then she went all the way to the final where she defeated Hungarian Melinda Czink. In that way she won her first title almost unplanned. But her Canberra win was a surprise only to those who didn't follow the development of the 17 year old. Her fearlessness and determination is surely paving her way to the top and experts predict a great career and a soon entrance into the top 10.

SLEEPING WITH HER TENNIS RACKET

- She never played with dolls, her father Miroslav says. - She always carried with herself a black plastic racket and yellow balls. That was her main toy. My wife and I were surprised when when she, 5 years old, recited the telephone number of the sports center "25 Maj" which ran a TV commercial for a tennis course. We decided to take her there and we bought her her first tennis racket which she never parted from even when she went to bed.

She trained there for a month and then she went to the sports center "11 April". She was determined, attended regularly and played her first tournament when she was 7 ˝ years old. She was happy for every point she won.

Until the age of 11, her father Miroslav recalls, Ana played tennis more for fun than for serious competition. Then she started to train with Dejan Vranjes.

- The tournament in Cannes was probably the turning point for Ana, Miroslav says. - She was 13 ˝ years old. Some talent scouts from Switzerland spotted her and the first offer was made. She went with her trainer Vranjes to a camp and was chosen and signed her first contract.

A year and a half ago Ana changed trainer and started to work with the former trainer of Anna Kournikova. She worked with him until October this year. From October her trainer is Zoltan Kuharsky who was then the trainer of the Swiss Fed Cup representation. Around the new year he resigned from that post in order to work with Ana.

EVERYWHERE WITH HER MOTHER

Ana travels to tournaments mostly with her mother Dragana. Her father Miroslav and her brother Milos stay at home. Her mother keeps her company also now in Australia. Father Miroslav thinks that's the best solution, because they as women get along better.

- Ana started from the lowest level tournaments, those which are played for a prize fund of $10.000 - her father Miroslav says. - She played five such tournaments, went through qualifications at all of them and went out in the first round in only one of them. She finished with those tournaments last year and then she started playing $50.000 tournaments. Then there are those $170.000 tournaments and the Wimbledon final.

Counting her last tournament, Ana has won 6 tournaments. She left the impression of a mature person who precisely knows what the best move is which makes her stand out among her peers. She showed her maturity best in her match against Venus Williams who defeated her only through luck and experience.

After her win in Canberra Ana stated: ''I experienced the best moments of my career here. I gained a lot of experience and confidence. I carry a lot of nice memories with me not only because of my win but also because of the support I got from our people here. This is my first title and I'm sure that my success in Canberra will give me more energy to continue to train and progress even further. I had a great record, eight won matches and only one lost set.''

NINE STRAIGHT WINS

Our young star is a student at the tourism school. She's in her third year there. She likes all the usual things that her peers like. She likes to listen to songs by Vlado Georgiev, read books and watch her favourite TV show "Friends". She likes to eat ice cream, pancakes, pizza, although she has to take care of her diet. She likes to watch movies and in her spare time she likes to play basketball. Her favourite tennis player is Roger Federer, favourite actor is Brad Pitt, favourite actress Nicole Kidman. As a small girl she loved to watch Monica Seles.

The Ivanovics are a sports family. Father Miroslav played basketball for 15 years and 13 year old Milos is following in his footsteps.

- Every spare time when Ana is here she seizes the opportunity to play basketball with Milos - father Miroslav says. - Milos plays for "Lavovi 063" and he is doing great, though he has a hard time with his determined sister.

Big matches are a challenge to Ana. She gives her best when facing the strongest opponents.

- Ana thrives in playing, likes to battle it out - father Miroslav says. - Strong opponents are always a challenge to her. Recently she told me she would love to play against Amelie Mauresmo. When we last spoke to each other? Well, today. She always calls after every match. First home, then to her manager. She was very happy when she won the tournament. She said today that she is quite tired, which isn't surprising as she won nine straight matches.

Miroslav doesn't wish to comment on our notorious issues regarding the treatment of young talents. He doesn't put blame on anyone for there not being enough understanding for his daughter. They sorted everything out themselves. Maybe it's better that way as with that in mind the trophies shine even brighter.

incognito
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:01 PM
well it's most about Ana's dad and Jela's mum. We don't even know how Ana's mum and Jela's dad look like!
Ana's mother can be seen at almost every tournament. I saw her father only at a press conference with Ana in Belgrade after the Zurich tournament, but never at matches. As for Jelena's parents, almost same thing there. Her mother is very frequently present at tournaments, definitely know what she looks like. I think I also saw her father during her match against Zvonareva. Very proper looking guy. Have never seen or read any interview or comments by Jelena's parents though...

xcrtbckhnd
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I sat beside Ana's mom at the USO. She is very tall, like probably 5'10", has short frosted hair, but is naturally dark haired. One of my friends from childhood is Serbian and Ana's mom reminded me a lot of my friend's mom. Very tall, with full lips, distinctive nose, well-dressed. Very classy looking. She seldom cheered or said anything during Ana's matches. Mostly she was there for Ana to shout at and vent whenever she got upset. I can definitely see where Ana gets her build and some of her looks from her mom.

Steffy6094
Sep 5th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks a lot for the tranbslation :) Yes it's an old artice but it's always nice to read someting about Ana :)
Many thanks again :)

ivanovic
Sep 6th, 2005, 12:17 AM
http://img139.echo.cx/img139/346/anamom0tq.th.jpg (http://img139.echo.cx/my.php?image=anamom0tq.jpg)
http://img201.echo.cx/img201/3374/3b5qx.jpg
www.ana-ivanovic.net (Thanx to Padi ;) )

ohh thanks guys,

the ivanovic clan looks so cute in the last pic :hug:
ana's dad seems to be interested in ana's tennis, but still keeps a distance and is not overbearing like sharapov, dokic etc..
Is there any pics of Jankovic family? :cool:

Leopold Stotch
Sep 6th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Jelena J, Nole and Ana are Serbian rich kids. They are where they are through their love of the sport, their talent and their parents funding.
If we look at the next (lost) generation of Serbian talents, the Ana Jovanovic's, Boris Pasanskis and V Lukic's amongst many others. These kids need only about 50,000 Euros annual per capita support from the Serbian Federation to push them into the top 100 and speedy self-management (if they really have what it takes).
Zivojinovic is the road block that is trying to make sure that no more Anas, JJ's or Noles make it. This is the psycho that anounced to the media that Nole had "a medical heart defect" just when he was at the critical point in his career and looking for sponsors...scum.
How many Serbian talents has Zivojinovic pushed through into the seniors so far ? ZERO.
After unsuccessfuly trying to stop the progress of Ana, JJ, Nole he has made sure any future talents will be sabotaged.

I would love to see the players/parents get together and sponsor some of their compatriots. Damir Dokic and Srdjan Djokovic are the only ones that appear ready to tell us the truth ie. they actually care for the next generation.

ivanovic
Sep 7th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Jelena J, Nole and Ana are Serbian rich kids. They are where they are through their love of the sport, their talent and their parents funding.
If we look at the next (lost) generation of Serbian talents, the Ana Jovanovic's, Boris Pasanskis and V Lukic's amongst many others. These kids need only about 50,000 Euros annual per capita support from the Serbian Federation to push them into the top 100 and speedy self-management (if they really have what it takes).
Zivojinovic is the road block that is trying to make sure that no more Anas, JJ's or Noles make it. This is the psycho that anounced to the media that Nole had "a medical heart defect" just when he was at the critical point in his career and looking for sponsors...scum.
How many Serbian talents has Zivojinovic pushed through into the seniors so far ? ZERO. We're crap right ?

After unsuccessfuly trying to stop the progress of Ana, JJ, Nole (and oh yes "bravo" for killing JD's career) he has made sure any future talents will be sabotaged.

I would love to see the players/parents get together and sponsor some of their compatriots. Damir Dokic and Srdjan Djokovic are the only ones that appear ready to tell us the truth ie. they actually care for the next generation.

This Zivojinovic guy does seem like a creap, and Serbian sport federations are spending too much money funding soccer, basketball and other team sports, it would be nice if they invested it into individual athletes like tennis players.
But I dont think you have to be rich to be a tennis player, I dont think Ana, JJ and Novak were wealthy before they were pros, I just think that they had the will power to do it.
I mean look at the Russians they were dirt poor before arriving to US, Sharapova came to US with $200 bucks, so I dont think finances make THAT much of a difference.
I think Jovanovic, Lukic, Mircic, Zaric, Simic.... are just crap, ANA Jovanovic may have some talent, BUT Lukic and Mircic have travelled all over US and all over Asia and have never even gone past the first or second round so I think they just lack talent, I mean Ana Ivanovic did the same thing, she was ranked like around 900 like Lukic and Mircic were, but when she went off to Asia she cam back with 2 $50K titles back to back winning them as a qualifier so that has nothing to do with $$$ its about talent.
Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic have it, lukic, mircic, corovic lack this.
However, I hope Krstajic and Jovanovic can do something, but I doubt they will ever be in to 100, because they are already in their late teens and we havent even heard of them yet.

Leopold Stotch
Sep 7th, 2005, 12:26 PM
This Zivojinovic guy does seem like a creap, and Serbian sport federations are spending too much money funding soccer, basketball and other team sports, it would be nice if they invested it into individual athletes like tennis players.
But I dont think you have to be rich to be a tennis player, I dont think Ana, JJ and Novak were wealthy before they were pros, I just think that they had the will power to do it.
I mean look at the Russians they were dirt poor before arriving to US, Sharapova came to US with $200 bucks, so I dont think finances make THAT much of a difference.
I think Jovanovic, Lukic, Mircic, Zaric, Simic.... are just crap, ANA Jovanovic may have some talent, BUT Lukic and Mircic have travelled all over US and all over Asia and have never even gone past the first or second round so I think they just lack talent, I mean Ana Ivanovic did the same thing, she was ranked like around 900 like Lukic and Mircic were, but when she went off to Asia she cam back with 2 $50K titles back to back winning them as a qualifier so that has nothing to do with $$$ its about talent.
Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic have it, lukic, mircic, corovic lack this.
However, I hope Krstajic and Jovanovic can do something, but I doubt they will ever be in to 100, because they are already in their late teens and we havent even heard of them yet.

You're wrong. The trio that I mentioned received financial support from their parents at the critical stages in their careers. I have yet to see one example of a player "brought up through the system" in Serbia like for example Dokic was by the Australian Federation. There isn't even any evidence of financial support for talents that need it to continue their careers: in Serbia the player's progress just stagnates at the exact point where they require financial support. There are countless examples of this. It is clearly not a coincidence. The future looks bleak unless new management takes over and the whole running of the Federation is restructured. The present people have been there for five years now and they've done absolutely nothing. I haven't heard one positive thing said about them from the top players. Ana, both Jelenas, Nole, Janko have all been critical in past interviews.

ivanovic
Sep 8th, 2005, 12:16 AM
You're wrong. The trio that I mentioned received financial support from their parents at the critical stages in their careers. I have yet to see one example of a player "brought up through the system" in Serbia like for example Dokic was by the Australian Federation. There isn't even any evidence of financial support for talents that need it to continue their careers: in Serbia the player's progress just stagnates at the exact point where they require financial support. There are countless examples of this. It is clearly not a coincidence. The future looks bleak unless new management takes over and the whole running of the Federation is restructured. The present people have been there for five years now and they've done absolutely nothing. I haven't heard one positive thing said about them from the top players. Ana, both Jelenas, Nole, Janko have all been critical in past interviews.

Where there's a will there's a way :angel:
I mean just look at the Challenger Tournament section and you'll see so many Serbian girls, playing in EVERY european ITF tournament, so money is not that much of a problem, its them they r all losing in first rounds, so I wouldn't blame the system that much. I mean the sport system in Serbia has created mens and womens Champions in Basketball, Volleyball, Waterpolo and even Soccerr, so the system is not entirely flowed, but ofcourse this may not apply to individual sports, still I think kids in Serbia that want to play trully want to play tennis as a career can easily get some sort of sponsorship from local businesses and organisations. You cannot just blame the corrupt system, because thats just an exuse, I mean if Russian can do it Serbs can too :cool:

Leopold Stotch
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Where there's a will there's a way :angel:
I mean just look at the Challenger Tournament section and you'll see so many Serbian girls, playing in EVERY european ITF tournament, so money is not that much of a problem, its them they r all losing in first rounds, so I wouldn't blame the system that much. I mean the sport system in Serbia has created mens and womens Champions in Basketball, Volleyball, Waterpolo and even Soccerr, so the system is not entirely flowed, but ofcourse this may not apply to individual sports, still I think kids in Serbia that want to play trully want to play tennis as a career can easily get some sort of sponsorship from local businesses and organisations. You cannot just blame the corrupt system, because thats just an exuse, I mean if Russian can do it Serbs can too :cool:

My question is very simple. How many tennis players has the Serbian Tennis Federation produced in the last five years since these idiots were given a responsibility they couldn't handle ? 0 players in 5 years is the answer to that question. They can't even organize a tournament in 5 years. Ana, Jelana J and Jelena D are a Serbian Dream Team. No other country on the planet has something like that.

What have these idiots been doing in the last five years ? That's a long time. Half a decade. Name one thing that they've done in five fricken years,

A comparison to tennis Superpower Russia is idiotic but even the Croatian system which is continually producing solid (albeit average) players is better than our non-existant structure. We have no program we have no structure.

Ana, Jelena and (especially) Nole owe nothing to these fools. They did it themselves. I hope others are not expected to do the same.

Definitely not a healthy state of affairs.