PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering, Where does a bed rep get ugly?

"Sluggy"
Sep 2nd, 2005, 08:32 AM
Sometimes I've gotten reps like "youre a FUCKING idiot", or "Fuck off you asshole" or worse. its different than saying "youre an idiot" or "i disagree, dont be a jerkoff". its a question of degree.

I dont think ive ever initiated mean and ugly bad repping, but i will fire back just as hard if i am bedrepped like that. Is there a point where its just too much?

Thanks.

*JR*
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Paul, the ppl who run this place don't even take action against ppl who say things like your 2 examples in POSTS. Do you really think they're going to re. PM's and rep comments? I openly ask my old pal Griff to post a sticky re. the kind of flaming you referred to in the first 2 quotes. And I don't know what new stuff Amanda was alluding to recently, but if "corporate types" are involved, the "vRiots" here could make them say "No thanks".

"Sluggy"
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
Paul, the ppl who run this place don't even take action against ppl who say things like your 2 examples in POSTS.

So i guess its a No-Holds-Barred approach? Thats fine with me, just hate to run into an over-sensitive person who either wants to hurt me, or hurt themselves because i laid in on em. eek! :eek:

griffin
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Roger, I'm so sorry I continue to frustrate you by having my own ideas about how to be and admin. :rolleyes:

Sluggy, reps like that ARE out of line (as is trying to organize a bad-rep campaign against another poster), and if you let one of us know about them, the adminimods can check the control panel and delete comments and/or slap the offending party as needed.

You can either pm someone (actually, it's best to copy a couple of us), or report one of the flamer's posts and use the comments box to indicate you're reporting a rep comment. Giving us the date of the comment helps, too. Please note that it can take 24 hours for a rep comment to show up in the cp, for some reason, so it may take a day before we can look at it.