PDA

View Full Version : Martinez

Anonymous
Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:50 AM
1. Does anyone know her schedule after US Open?

2. Will she still play next year?

3. Do you think she could get back to top 20 by the end of the year? Too bad she had poor draws in GS this year...

Please answer my questions in English because I dont know Spanish but I am a crazy fan of her!

victormaño
Sep 2nd, 2005, 08:19 AM
hello anonymous .conchi will play in calcuta ( india ) and bangkok ( thailand ) and i suppose she will play another tournaments .
yes , very bad grand slam results but her opponents were very difficult such as davenport , henin hardenne and patty schnyder. what a pity¡¡
next year??? no idea.

Anonymous
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Here is my dream on her before she retires:

1. Break ASV's record of single wins (759 for ASV, martinez has 736 now)

2. Win 3 dozens of WTA titles (3 more to go...)

3. Win 1 more Italian Open (very difficult)

4. Reach 1-2 more GS QF.

5. Reach the final of US Open (impossible)

I still feel proud she could take a set from Henin and Clijsters this year.

She has to play players 10 years younger than her all the time.

Did she ever give any hints or announcements she wont play next year?

I think her career is definitely better than Sabatini and Novotna (and way ahead of Mauresmo...I always like to compare those one-handed backhand players together)

Anonymous
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:19 AM
I think she must also play in China. She must close her season after Thailand so that she will have more energy left in her tank for next year.

She must get more points so that she will be seeded in GS next year.

I cannot accept the fact that she wont play next year, so she needs some good wins and motivate herself to play again next year.

Anonymous
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
I have a feeling that she wants to finish her career in Spain.

The WTA championships will be held in Madrid next year, so perhaps she will fight to qualify to be in the final (probably in doubles) before she retires in end of 2006.

And then she will retire in singles, but continue in doubles until she wins the Olympic doubles gold medal in 2008...

I really hope this will happen.

Sonf@
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
She won't be playing just doubles.

I've got a hint for you...

After Henin's match she said that she wouldn't really like to lose the first round in her last Roland Garros, so who knows... :p

Anonymous
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:36 PM
Thats why I hoped she would change her mind if she has good results later...also, the change of venue of WTA championships happened after her comment on Roland Garros so I hope this will be another factor that will lengthen her career for 1 more year.

I will feel sad if I dont see her name on the scoreboard next year.