PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn things into MP3 files?

JenFan75
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:56 AM
I must know! Please help? ._.

AjdeNate!
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:09 AM
What are you trying to make an mp3 of? Like what type of file, what's the file extension you're converting?

Martian Willow
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:12 AM
You can't turn eccles cakes into mp3s. I've tried.

JenFan75
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:16 AM
What are you trying to make an mp3 of? Like what type of file, what's the file extension you're converting?

I'm not sure x.x When I go to properties on my songs they say they are "winamp media file", but my mp3 burner program thingy won't burn them onto a CD because they are not the right kind of file.

AjdeNate!
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:18 AM
All mine do that too. :shrug: Do you use winamp?
If you're converting audio files to different types, I recommend ImToo software. You can find torrents on torrentspy.com

JenFan75
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:21 AM
All mine do that too. :shrug: Do you use winamp?
If you're converting audio files to different types, I recommend ImToo software. You can find torrents on torrentspy.com

Thanks Athenaeum :D

btw, who is that in your avatar, she looks really familiar...

AjdeNate!
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:29 AM
Fiona Apple

controlfreak
Sep 1st, 2005, 12:40 PM
You can't turn eccles cakes into mp3s. I've tried.

You can, but you need a M2D (Muffin 2 Digital) converter which you can get from Lakeland for £119.95, plus the appropriate audio cable and a computer with a soundcard. Then you will need my free Eccles Wave Conversion Software which you can download from www.eatmyjellybeans.co.uk. Alternatively, you can try using a standard microphone, but it's very unlikely that you will be able to pick up any useable audio from the Eccles cake, due to the extremely low frequency at which it resonates. I also recommend a pair of high-quality noise-blocking earphones with which to listen to your Eccles cake recordings, such as the Sennheiser SD-150xl, which retail for £87.99 in most online stores.

Beat
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:40 PM
You can, but you need a M2D (Muffin 2 Digital) converter which you can get from Lakeland for £119.95, plus the appropriate audio cable and a computer with a soundcard. Then you will need my free Eccles Wave Conversion Software which you can download from www.eatmyjellybeans.co.uk. Alternatively, you can try using a standard microphone, but it's very unlikely that you will be able to pick up any useable audio from the Eccles cake, due to the extremely low frequency at which it resonates. I also recommend a pair of high-quality noise-blocking earphones with which to listen to your Eccles cake recordings, such as the Sennheiser SD-150xl, which retail for £87.99 in most online stores.
:lol:

volta
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:11 PM
i use dbpoweramp to convert it's simple easy and u can get all the codecs that u want

Cariaoke
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:16 PM
I have to second the dbpoweramp suggestion.

best of luck.