PDA

View Full Version : At least 12 nations have already come forward to offer relief to the USA

Wigglytuff
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:17 AM
I dont know if this old news of some but cnn and nbc news are both reporting that at least 12 nations have offered disaster relief to the USA in light of the hurricane. this is great news as it is sorely need.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:18 AM
lie..

AjdeNate!
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:20 AM
Wow, quite a nice display of global assistance despite our politics.

Wigglytuff
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:36 AM
the exact qoute from nbc news is:

Back in new orleans tonight we are told that already nations around the world are ralling to help the united states, just as the world did after the asian tsunami nine months ago. us state department says tonight about a dozen different countries have come forward with offers of disaster relief.

ys
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:59 AM
Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations made a statement that Russian offer of help was declined by US State Departament.. "Federal government and special services of USA have all necessary at this point" At the same time, they noted, in case of necessity US government can reconsider the offer of Russian governement.

polishprodigy
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:11 AM
Canadian media is reporting that Canada has offered to provide assistance to the USA in the form of many things:

1) Our DART team - Disaster Assistance Relief Team

2) Water Purification Systems

3) Emergency crews specialized in natural disasters from Vancouver

4) Many other things that we also gave to Sri Lanka and South Asia

Our Public Safety minister has called the guy in charge of homeland security to offer this assistance while our prime minister has phoned the ambassador to Canada from the US offering this assistance and will be phoning George Bush soon.

*However, Canadian media has reported that although being ready and willing to help, Canadian relief teams have not received call backs from US officials and have not received requests or confirmations of requests for assistance. Thus, they are sitting and waiting for American officials to give them the green light to provide assistance (leaving many frustrated, as they really want to offer as much assistance as they can)*

Wigglytuff
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:15 AM
Canadian media is reporting that Canada has offered to provide assistance to the USA in the form of many things:

1) Our DART team - Disaster Assistance Relief Team

2) Water Purification Systems

3) Emergency crews specialized in natural disasters from Vancouver

4) Many other things that we also gave to Sri Lanka and South Asia

Our Public Safety minister has called the guy in charge of homeland security to offer this assistance while our prime minister has phoned the ambassador to Canada from the US offering this assistance and will be phoning George Bush soon.

*However, Canadian media has reported that although being ready and willing to help, Canadian relief teams have not received call backs from US officials and have not received requests or confirmations of requests for assistance. Thus, they are sitting and waiting for American officials to give them the green light to provide assistance (leaving many frustrated, as they really want to offer as much assistance as they can)*

i wonder that the hold up is. i hope its not some stupid american supermacy or anything like that. the US CAN NOT do this without aid. i hope this man doesnt let his pride prevent him from accepting aid.

the US really needs aid, i hope these people get on the ball and call people back

Scotso
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:18 AM
We do need the help, to be honest. Especially Canadian teams should be welcome. I'm sure it would help.

Too bad our government is too snotty to accept it.

Wigglytuff
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:19 AM
We do need the help, to be honest. Especially Canadian teams should be welcome. I'm sure it would help.

Too bad our government is too snotty to accept it.

i am just in shock that anyone in power would allow for people to die needlessly like that. i really hope this is a mistake and that aid will be accepted.