West of Chicago.

It's like 379 downtown. :eek:

Jarrett
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:14 AM
2.80 houston

Infiniti2001
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:15 AM
$2.56 for the cheapest at Costco- Fort Myers Florida
I paid a lil over 42 bucks to fill up my truck today http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/armed.gif

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:39 AM
$2.79 for regular unleaded in my little town in Georgia, but I pay $2.97 for premium. I think the highest I've seen is $3.27 for premium in the next town.

-cata-
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:42 AM
Between

$2.84 & $3.20 regular. Long Island, NY

Infiniti2001
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:44 AM
$2.79 for regular unleaded in my little town in Georgia, but I pay $2.97 for premium. I think the highest I've seen is $3.27 for premium in the next town.

My truck needs premium, but I'm sticking with regular. It does the same job :p

ys
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:51 AM
It's tough.. but long-term it will only help the country to get off the oil needle.. In Europe the price was like that years ago..

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:55 AM
Lucky you, cause that old assed car I drive has to have premium or it will skip-to-my-lue all over town. It's all good though. I remember the days when I could ride like the wind off of $10 regular unleaded. And don't let me fill it up. Who? I could ride for at least a month. :awww: I miss those days :sad:

polishprodigy
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:12 AM
$1.20-$2.00 in Canada

Scotso
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:13 AM
that must be per litre?

It will be on avg. over $4 in the USA because of this hurricane :(

The rich folk in their Hummers won't care, but this is really going to affect the poorer Americans.

Tratree
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:23 AM
2.85/2.95/3.05 yesterday

Mrs. Peel
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:32 AM
2.89 for Regular

RVD
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:53 AM
It's tough.. but long-term it will only help the country to get off the oil needle.. In Europe the price was like that years ago..Let me ask you a question ys...?
Why do you think that is the case? Now remember speak in terms of tax structures.

Anyway, regular here is over $3.19/gallon. Pathetic!
I've ben walking and busing everywhere.

ys
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:25 AM
Look on the brighter side. We'll drive less. Air will be cleaner.. :)

selking
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:38 AM
haha i had to fill up todaya dn i went to get the pump and fuicking gasped when i saw the price. 3.30...what the f is that shiz. go scoville

Paldias
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:12 AM
$1.20-$2.00 in Canada

$2.00 a litre's in Canada :tape: what the fuck are you smoking :rolleyes:

it's $1.03 here in Ontario :o

sixfeetfree
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:31 AM
North of Dallas, Texas the cheapest I've seen today was $2.89 (87 octane), $2.99 (89 octane) and $3.09 (91 octane) and is forecast to go higher within the week. I've heard the same thing MelTorresFan said, that we will see $4 a gallon gasoline before it's all said and done.

One owner I spoke to in Dallas said he didn't expect a gallon of fuel to ever go below $2.40 - $2.50 again. I suppose all in all it will be a good thing in the long run, but it sure hurts right now. And it's absolutely true that the working class American will suffer, leaving some with no other option but to stop driving or find a job closer to home. Even with the release of the oil reserve by the Feds, that won't bring prices down for months, at least.

I know where there is a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 5.7 litre motor, extended-cab shortbed with 30K miles if anyone's interested... :lol:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:35 AM
i saw it for 2.89 today , i cant believe someone else found it here for around 2.60 :eek:

RYNJ
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:04 AM
3.10 in San Diego

Crazy Canuck
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:06 AM
$2.00 a litre's in Canada :tape: what the fuck are you smoking :rolleyes:

it's $1.03 here in Ontario :o

What the fuck are YOU smoking? Here, in a city in Ontario, it was about 1.20. The thing is, that the prices vary throughout Ontario. Anybody who has ever left their neighborhood ought to know that already.

So :rolleyes: yourself.

RYNJ
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:08 AM
1.03 Omg...

Sally Struthers
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:24 AM
It's times like these when I wish those people who said we went to Iraq for the oil were right :o

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:41 AM
$1.20-$2.00 in Canada

Sigh...I remember those good old days....4 years ago.....:(

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:42 AM
Look on the brighter side. We'll drive less. Air will be cleaner.. :)

I want you to think about that next time u hop your hind parts in the car to go somewhere u really need to go ...lol

Infiniti2001
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:52 AM
Yesterday regular unleaded was $2.56 at Costco , today it's up by $0.10 :eek:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:53 AM
$1.20-$2.00 in CanadaPer Litre! Multiply by 3.8 for price per gallon

-cata-
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:10 AM
almost every gas station around my town is closed and out of gas...

I had half tank left but I decided to fill it up ... 8 gallons cost me $27 bucks!

Bacardi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:05 AM
$2.99 for Regular here in Hicksville :mad:

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:19 AM
Errr, I'll be gwatdamn if gas isn't up to $3.09 reg. unleaded and $3.49 premium and that's just this evening!!!! :eek: I was only joking when I made that statement about $5 per gal. gas, but shit. Somebody's taking me too seriously!!! Fuck it, I'll walk.

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:22 AM
Somebody's getting too slick on my ass. Now gas was only $2.97 premium on Monday. Thursday night it's fucking .52 cents higher :eek: :eek: There should be some kind of law forbidding these outrageously skyrocketting prices. Fuck it, I'll walk.

Staticbeef
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:33 AM
$2.75.00 Regular in Brooklyn :mad:

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:54 AM
I wonder why gas in NYC is cheaper than gas in Georgia?

decemberlove
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:56 AM
Got gas earlier in the day at a usually cheap place... 2.99
On the way back from the Open at the same usually cheap place... 3.25

Up .26 in 12 hours. :eek:

Steam
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:12 AM
This is just fucking insane. $3.10 or so here for gas. I was going to go back to Jersey one of these next two weekends to see my parents but fuck that, I can't afford any frivolous trips anymore. Fucking bastards.

yukon145
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:22 AM
I wonder why gas in NYC is cheaper than gas in Georgia?

Georgia is closer to the path of the hurricane. it also could be price goudging by gas station owners. god gas really needs to down soon. i hope it does, i would kill for the days like 4 months ago when i complained that gas was $1.99 a gallon. :sad: or last summer when it was a $1.55 :eek: :eek: :sad:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:29 AM
I paid 2.89 this afternoon around 12:30pm. At 5:30pm it was up to 3.15 :eek:

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:31 AM
Hell yeah. Hurricane season is not over. I think it's a combination of both. Maybe we'll see a slight drop in prices for a week or so, until the next storm comes along. I had a strange feeling that store owners were upping the price on gas to get their money back. Hell, we were gonna go to a family reunion Labor Day weekend, but, now everyone wants to load up in one car so that they won't have to pay for gas. Damn, this crisis is tearing families apart :sad: *in most hysterical voice* Whatever will become of us??? :hysteric:

Volcana
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:39 AM
NJ $3.19 Regular

decemberlove
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:41 AM
This is just fucking insane. $3.10 or so here for gas. I was going to go back to Jersey one of these next two weekends to see my parents but fuck that, I can't afford any frivolous trips anymore. Fucking bastards.

Gas was actually cheaper on the GSP than it was in a town! I don't think I've ever seen that before. Leaving NYC today, gas was only about $2.87. Usually gas in my town is .30 less than gas in the city.

It went up about .50 overnight [Tuesday, I think]... and it just keeps getting worse.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:43 AM
I remember bitching HEAVILY when the gas went up to 1.89. Man, how I long for those days again.

ampers&
Sep 2nd, 2005, 03:46 AM
$5.19 in Fisherville, Virginia.(A town near my school):eek:
The cheapest in town is $2.99.
Average is $3.39.
It's times like these when I thank God I don't have a car. :bowdown:

Steam
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:42 AM
Gas was actually cheaper on the GSP than it was in a town! I don't think I've ever seen that before. Leaving NYC today, gas was only about $2.87. Usually gas in my town is .30 less than gas in the city.

It went up about .50 overnight [Tuesday, I think]... and it just keeps getting worse.

They probably just didn't have time to change it.

Went to the gym last night (how fucking stupid is it now to join a gym that is 35 minutes from your place) and gas went up at one station .30 over the course of the hour that I was there.

Jarrett
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
Update re: Houston
now up to $3.00

ys
Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
In a way I hope for the better. I am driving too much. I don't like driving. Every weekend trip to New England is driving 1000 miles or so. I hope that at some point taking the bus will become a cheaper option and I will start opting for it..

Lord Nelson
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:58 AM
YOu Americans should be thankful that you don't pay as much gas per gallon (or litre) as we Europeans. Think about that everytime you fill out your extra large SUVs. ;)

-cata-
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
YOu Americans should be thankful that you don't pay as much gas per gallon (or litre) as we Europeans. Think about that everytime you fill out your extra large SUVs. ;)

what happens is that European countries are already used to the high gas prices.. Here in the US, people are not prepared for this kind of increase...
It doesn't matter if they drive a huge suv or a little 4 cylinder car.
The gas prices are going up too much too fast and the mid-class family where both parents have to work daily and have to fill up their cars every week is being affected.

serenafan08
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
In Kansas it's up to $3.15 a gallon. :mad:

Bacardi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:43 PM

:haha: You know I'm American and I get a kick outta all those idiots that got SUVs. I mean they live in cities, when are they going to go off roading. Now I bet if the current price trends continue if they got rid of ther SUVs they couldn't even get a quarter of the price for it. All the economical cars are going to be better. :bounce:

ampers&
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
My first car is definitely going to be a hybrid.

Bacardi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Well you shoulda got your hybrid before this year, watch now those damn suckers will get really expensive. They're going to find some way to drain us dry of money any way they possibly can.

Steam
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM

Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck what Europeans pay for gas. I care what I pay for gas.

Plus I am sure there are cases where the opposite is true.

The bottom line is paying more than $2 a gallon (let alone $3) is downright bullshit.

Bacardi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Don't we have untapped oil reserves in Alaska? The Government is going to have to do something, or hell then again they don't care about those of us in the working class.

Gas gets much higher, and I will not be able to afford to drive to work, and there is no public transport system here. I mean what are we supposed to do those of us making around $8 an hour and have to drive like 40 miles to and from work?

Mase
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:55 PM
$3.29 in the Richmond, Virginia area....

Steam
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
I mean what are we supposed to do those of us making around $8 an hour and have to drive like 40 miles to and from work?

Um, hasn't this combined with the much more serious Hurricane made you realize that Bush doesn't give a flying fuck about people who have no or little money?

The fucker is probably flying around in his fuel burning helicopter pissed off that he had to cut his vacation short for this.

Bacardi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Um, hasn't this combined with the much more serious Hurricane made you realize that Bush doesn't give a flying fuck about people who have no or little money?

The fucker is probably flying around in his fuel burning helicopter pissed off that he had to cut his vacation short for this.

I've known this for some time, quite some time. I never voted for him, I had better sense than to.

He got on the news yesterday and told us not to buy gas unless we need it, blah blah blah, why doesn't he keep his ass at home at the White House, and run the country from there? Hell he makes pointless flights every other day. (Not saying he doesn't need to go to the Hurricane area but a lot of his trips are pointless.)

Steam, I still say the bastard won't survive his 4 year term. And this could be the end of the line for him. THey're going to give him a ground tour, do you know how many people are running around with guns, pissed off at how he's done them? Damn I just pray for one lucky shot. Not having a president would probably be better than the fucking bastard we have!

AjdeNate!
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
$3.59 today. Up a quarter.

Steam
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
Steam, I still say the bastard won't survive his 4 year term. And this could be the end of the line for him. THey're going to give him a ground tour, do you know how many people are running around with guns, pissed off at how he's done them? Damn I just pray for one lucky shot. Not having a president would probably be better than the fucking bastard we have!

That is where we differ. I don't want him dead. He SEEMS like he could be a good guy. The problem is that he is not very smart, he is easily lead, and lets his "faith" make decisions for him.

Unfortunately, we have to put up with him for another 3.5 years until he goes back to Texas to do lines off of some hookers ass.

Bacardi
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:19 PM
That is where we differ. I don't want him dead. He SEEMS like he could be a good guy. The problem is that he is not very smart, he is easily lead, and lets his "faith" make decisions for him.

Unfortunately, we have to put up with him for another 3.5 years until he goes back to Texas to do lines off of some hookers ass.

He's safer dead than alive. I just want him exterminated all together. But then again we'd get Cheney. Shit, I still say the Right Wingers and Christian Right are going to be the downfall of everything. It's alright to be religious but if you're going to let your "faith" lead you then practice what you preach. The fundamentals of Christianity are giving, caring, and love. It wouldn't hurt the Government to give a lil and care a lil with this hurricane and the rest of us suffering from gas milage.

Hell I'm a few weeks away from just quitting and living off Welfare. Because I cannot afford to drive to work, also a lot of the truck drivers around here have parked their rigs already. :eek:

And that last line, haha Damn I liked that visualization... TROOF!

GBFH
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:19 PM
2.99 dallas

Sally Struthers
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
I'll probably get bad repped for this but honestly I'm more concerned about the gas situation and the oil pipelines than I am for the people stranded. Those people shooting at the relief helicopters and the looters taking stuff besides food and water... can't help thinking we may be better off without them. :o

WF4EVER
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:56 PM
Pardon my stupidity or ignorance, but what "faith" leads Bush to his decisions?

That's just more bullshit to fool Christians! Bush is not a Christian. And any 'Christian" who would allow him/herself to be fooled by bush is not a Christian either. Jesus Christ was not a warmonger.

Lord Nelson
Sep 2nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
A Christian is not necessarily a pacifist. I'm a Christian but I don't turn the other cheeck when I'm struck. No I believe in the saying, 'eye for an eye'. I think Bush is not a bad leader. I wish many leaders in Europe were like him. Blair is another one I like. Chirac I think is an imbecile and its not because of Iraq.He does not dare implement economic reforms, the coward. He should not seek another term and Sarkozy would be a better leader.
By the way, the Louisanna state government also has its share of blame in the blunders we see caused by the huricanne.

veryborednow
Sep 2nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
He does not dare implement economic reforms, the coward.
But the French don't want them, are you going to kick a politician for doing the things his people actually want? It's arrogant as hell to assume that Anglo-Saxon capitalism is the model everyone should be striving for. It's that attitude that has helped to create this mess - destroing the environment, using the world's oil supplies regardless of the price rises, creatin a super rich utterly disinterested in supporting the underclass.

Why does every country have to strive for contious economic growth? Who said that was the golden standard that we have to live by?

I think Chirac is a manipulative bastard, but I'd rather have him than Bush.

HAIL-VENUS
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Ok, so I was on my way home from work, when I stopped by the store to play some Georgia Lottery. A strange turn of events happened. The reg. unleaded gas had gone up 10cents and the premium had gone down 10cents. Anyway, I'm standing in line to make a purchase, when one of the cashiers starts to panic. This lady in a big van tries to drive off without paying for her gas. Get this, it was a bill of $65 :eek: Some crazy customer backs his car in her path, and she tries to escape on foot. :lol: :hahaha: WTF? They call the cops and she gets arrested. It was crazy as hell. I predict a lot of drive offs this holiday weekend.

Scotso
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:25 PM
I bought gas today to fill up my little 12-gallon tank before the prices get even higher... and it cost me almost 40$! :eek:

I wanted to cry :sad:

Rocketta
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:44 AM
what about the poor slobs that make min. wage, you know the wage that the rep led government refuse to increase..who in can afford to work for $5.15/hour and gas is over $3 per gallon.

It's between $2.99 (gas most likely all out) to $3.39. I just filled up for $3.19 and I wasn't even close to empty and it cost me like $37....I have a 14-gallon tank.

People who think not driving as much is an option for many people in rural areas don't have a clue. My county is over 937 square miles with a total of 50,000. It is a minimum of 50 miles to the nearest metropolis.

I'm screwed if prices stay this high. I have to drive 90 miles a day to and from work. I fill up twice a week. That's over $80 a week...a car payment. :speakles:

Joseosu19
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:59 AM
3.39 in Eastern Ohio

Josh B.
Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
In England , we are still paying more for our gas than those in the USA are paying after the rise

Scotso
Sep 4th, 2005, 03:17 AM
In England , we are still paying more for our gas than those in the USA are paying after the rise

You're paying more for taxes, not for gas.

Josh B.
Sep 4th, 2005, 08:02 AM
i heard that when u change what the US is paying from dollars to pounds, the english still pay more

but thats on what ive heard, just thought id bring it up

ys
Sep 4th, 2005, 12:25 PM
People who think not driving as much is an option for many people in rural areas don't have a clue.

Driving less is not an option, it is what people will have to do.

We can whinge about it all we want. The relatively long era of cheap and abundant oil-based fuel is over. Now it is short era of expensive oil-based fuel. What is next is the era of no oil-based fuel. We are at least 5-7 years late in deploying new energy technology such as hydrogen-based engines and electrical engines. The consequences of this latency could be grave. SUV production is going to pretty much die off shortly. Regular cars are to follow.. Detroit companies will suffer mightly.. Social effects could be said.. Many people may lose their jobs. Then it will be an avalanche effect. Many industies will be effected. Prices for other necessities such as food will grow shortly too. Economy will suffer. How much? Tough to tell.. But something tells me that new recession is around a corner. But that was almost inevitable.. In 15-20 years, when finally new technologies are deployed, economy will boom again.. But next 15-20 years could be a struggle.. And the first thing that wll be effected will be our favourite freedom - freedom to drive wherever and whenever we want..Freedom to be where you want..

I'm screwed if prices stay this high. I have to drive 90 miles a day to and from work. I fill up twice a week. That's over $80 a week...a car payment. :speakles:

Prices won't stay this high. They will get higher. Soon. Look for carpooling options.

I am glad I have opted for not buying a new car at this point. Even though my one is getting older.. It could be that we are heading to the revival of public transportation in USA..