PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Schedule After USO and Chances for YEC

pierce0415
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:43 PM
OK I saw the other thread about Mary's schedule after the US OPEN but with her current schedule, it just doesn't seem like she is setting herself up very well to qualify for the YEC.

Week of Sept. 12 - Fed Cup Final in Paris
Week of Sept. 19 - OFF
Week of Sept. 26 - OFF
Week of Oct. 3 - OFF
Week of Oct. 10 - Bangkok (TIER III) instead of Moscow (TIER I)

This does not seem like a very good schedule to build up points and her rank :shrug: . Does anyone know if she is playing any other tournaments?

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:05 PM
I'm sure she'll play at least one of the three big tournament : not Moscow perhaps, but she will probably play in Filderstadt or Zurich ;)

Scotso
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:36 AM
I think at her age she is less concerned with rankings and YEC. She wants to stay healthy and have good results in the tournaments she does play.

Nyangel2103
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:52 AM
That's all true about age, etc....but I remember in an interview Mary saying that playing in the YEC was one of her goals. She has a great opportunity this year and I really hope to see it happen! :)

saby
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:07 AM
I think at her age she is less concerned with rankings and YEC. She wants to stay healthy and have good results in the tournaments she does play.

I think you are right, Mary said OZ 2006 was her first goal so this would explain this schedule...

Mary's 1st Fan
Sep 1st, 2005, 10:13 AM
That's all true about age, etc....but I remember in an interview Mary saying that playing in the YEC was one of her goals. She has a great opportunity this year and I really hope to see it happen! :)

Strange programm.Mary wanted to improve her ranking but missing the big tournaments is a mistake!!! The other tournament in Asia is only a TierIII. If Mary wants to have fun, it is a good programm. For me the most important is that mary is happy. But mary is a competitor and I don't think the tournament is fitted to her. Moreover the time lag is a big problem for the next tournaments. Don't forget that Mary only played San Diego since Wimbledon (yes ok coz of injuries but...), it is too few!!!!

MaryPierceFan
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:37 PM
Mary has sometimes a strange schedule. And this is another example. It's not smart to play in Asia instead of many big events in Europe. It's so stupid that the FED Cup is after UO!!!! I know they can't play at RG during autumn but it should be after the whole season, after all important tournaments. Fed Cup isn't too important and it's so stupid it's after UO and on ... clay!
In Asia Mary has to win 5 matches in some small tournament to earn ... 80 points! If Mary plays the events in Asia instead of big events in Europe she can forget about YEC.

NicoMary
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:56 PM
Mary is not on the entry list of this tournament in Asia..

i do think that Mary has planned lots of weeks off after the fed cup just by security..

i Mean if Mary does well at this US open and play the fed cup final just after she may be tired..one or two weeks off may be helpfull..

then she will probably add one or two tournaments to her schedule...:bounce:

don't worry Mary knows that she can have wild card...:worship:

If she is in good shape she'll play:bounce:

Kathrin
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:42 PM
Hi,

I guess you all shouldn't be worried about Mary's schedule because she knows what to do. Who should know better than her?
So let us concentrate on the US Open first..

Kathrin.

saby
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:18 PM
It's so stupid that the FED Cup is after UO!!!! I know they can't play at RG during autumn but it should be after the whole season, after all important tournaments. Fed Cup isn't too important and it's so stupid it's after UO and on ... clay!

Can't play, why?

The Fed cup is more important for Mary than you think.

MaryPierceFan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:10 AM
Can't play because it's too cold to play outdoor.

MaryPierceFan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 08:34 AM
They should play Fed Cup like always, after the whole season. Not in the middle. In the middle of the season there are 100 important events. Mary has to start practising on clay again, then again hard courts/carpet. It's not too smart. Things like Fed Cup should be after the whole season. If You want to play, just play, if not - You have holiday. It's not so important to play it after UO.

MaryPierceFan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
Ya know, it's not that I have something against Fed Cup, Im just not interested in it too much. I think that it's worse for Mary that she has to start practising on clay again after UO. What if she'll be tired after UO? Because of the Fed Cup thing she won't rest. She won't be able to start preparations for indoor season as early as other players. She'll miss some important event coz she'll be resting after Fed Cup. She won't grab as many points as she wants to because she'll be resting after Fed Cup and won't play in some events where other players will and sooooo......................... That's why I think it's stupid to play the thing after UO.

flea
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
The Fed cup is more important for Mary than you think.yeah, especially in France, at Roland Garros, on the Central Court !! At home !!! :drool:

Mark Spruce
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:52 AM
I totally agree with Saby and Flea

Mark

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Ya know, it's not that I have something against Fed Cup, Im just not interested in it too much. I think that it's worse for Mary that she has to start practising on clay again after UO. What if she'll be tired after UO? Because of the Fed Cup thing she won't rest. She won't be able to start preparations for indoor season as early as other players. She'll miss some important event coz she'll be resting after Fed Cup. She won't grab as many points as she wants to because she'll be resting after Fed Cup and won't play in some events where other players will and sooooo......................... That's why I think it's stupid to play the thing after UO.

Ok but she will play AT HOME, on her FAVORITE COURT, against RUSSIA, ie great players like Dementieva and Myskina, she will enjoy this final so much, it's one of her dream to play a fed cup match in Roland Garros !

So ok she won't be able to train etc etc but the most important thing is to be HAPPY to play, and Mary will be the happiest player if she plays a good tennis in France in front of the french crowd and if she wins !

So stop to think to the points, Mary is not a computer who has to wonder if she will gain enought points or not to be in the top 8 etc !
Before evrything, she plays with her heart, and it's obvious that her heart prefers Mary to play this fed cup final more than Filderstadt or Moscow !

I wanna add that Mary is on court to have fun, she's delighted by winning and playing great matches !
She's not here to act like Petrova, and plays every weeks just to have a decent ranking !

Don't forget how much Mary loves Roland Garros, she NEEDS to play this fed cup final, it's really important i Think !

Moreover, just to say that Golovin said "Goven has already chosen the players that will play the final" => it's obvious that Mary and Amelie will play :hearts: (if not injured !)

Go Mary, play the tournaments you want, the tournaments which will make you SMILE and ENJOY your tennis ! And there, do your best :hearts:

flea
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
Mary will be the happiest player if she plays a good tennis in France in front of the french crowd and if she wins !yeah, in front of the whole of France !! :cool: :cool: :cool:

saby
Sep 2nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Can't play because it's too cold to play outdoor.

Too cold, today it the 2sd of september and do you know the temperature ???
it's 32°c LOL

:wavey: :lol: :angel:

stenen
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Ya know, it's not that I have something against Fed Cup, Im just not interested in it too much.

Maybe you're not interested in it but Mary is. Besides many players have for years requested that Fed Cup final would be played between the USO and indoor season instead of after YEC.

MaryPierceFan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:10 PM
Too cold, today it the 2sd of september and do you know the temperature ???
it's 32°c LOL

:wavey: :lol: :angel:

But in November there won't be 32!

MaryPierceFan
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:15 PM
I stop talking about the Fed Cup thing. It's Mary's business where she plays. I'm just a bit surprised that You, Mary's fans are talking in the way about the big indoor events and the YEC(which she's never won) coz Fed Cup is nothing compared to all the tournaments. I won't argue about the thing anymore.

stenen
Sep 2nd, 2005, 02:15 PM
But in November there won't be 32!

But the Fed Cup final is played in September. If it was played in November, and in Paris then my guess is that it would have been played at Coubertin.