PDA

View Full Version : 15 yo Viet-Ha Ngo from Vietnam to get WTA ranking after US Open

spiceboy
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:01 PM
After qualifying in a $10K event in Mollerussa, Spain this week Viet-Ha who just turned 15 last month will be the first Vietnamite ranked player ever.

She's currently training in Top Team Academy in Barcelona run by Lluís Bruguera, father of former French Open champion Sergi Bruguera and with top players training there like María Antonia Sánchez Lorenzo and Arantxa Parra Santonja.

And I must say I took lessons there many years ago :angel:

chewy
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:09 PM
well done Viet-Ha Ngo! :wavey:

new blood for asian tennis!

Ellery
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:08 PM
:yeah:

Pengwin
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:14 PM
Wow, amazing :yippee:

Rising Sun
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:23 PM
It's great to see a Vietnamese player develop her game abroad. Any idea as to how much potential she has? :confused:

pcrtennis
Sep 1st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Is she any good? Any potential??

spiceboy
Sep 1st, 2005, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen her play yet but I'll ask María or Arantxa, they might know...

spiceboy
Sep 17th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Viet-Ha Ngo officially entered WTA rankings this week at #1284 with 2.50 points in 3 tournaments.

Viet played a Grade 5 junior tournament last week in Spain reaching the semifinals seeded #6 only losing against eventual winner Eugenia Yordanova 64 64

spiceboy
Oct 14th, 2005, 07:34 PM
http://www.nhandan.com.vn/english/sport/141005/ngo.htm

Ngo Viet Ha – new emerging star of Vietnamese tennis

For many Vietnamese tennis spectators, Viet Ha has not been as famous as Mai Huynh, Kim Loi and Thuy Dung. However, the 15-year-old player has proven her ability as a new emerging star of Vietnamese tennis after competing in some tournament with excellent groundstrokes and net strokes, but more importantly a mental side of a professional. Huy Tien from Ho Chi Minh City Sports newspaper writes.
Going with her family to Russia at the age of two, Viet Ha suffered cough and nose diseases due to different climatic conditions. At the age of seven, Ha no longer suffered from the diseases, but she was very thin. She has had a great passion for tennis since being taken to a tennis court by her uncle, Ngo Tien Dung. Despite her physical form disadvantages, Viet Ha proved her good ability for the sport. Her first trainer was Preabrazenskaya, who trained famous Russian players, Anna Kournikova and Panova, in the Spartak club in Moscow. The trainer taught Ha with basic skills as a tennis player. At the age of 12, the Vietnamese player won the under-12 tournament in Russia in 2002. Two years later, Viet Ha won the under-16 ETA in Saint Peterburg. Many Russian trainers and experts advised Viet Ha’s parents to send her to other countries for training. For her future, Viet Ha and her mother moved to Spain for Viet Ha to join the Bruguera Tennis Academy. Her father, Mr Trung, stayed in Russia to earn money to afford Viet Ha’s living and training in Spain.

In Spain, Viet Ha has trained hard while studying in Grade 10. During summer, she has four hours per day to train tennis skills plus two hours for fitness training. Viet Ha has been trained with tactics and movement techniques for professional games. Last year, she joined five official tournaments, in three of which she qualified for official rounds. Despite her failure, experts highly appreciated Viet Ha’s skills and techniques. She has become the Vietnamese players in the world standings, ranking 1281st.

Returing home to compete at the national championship, Viet Ha showed her good capability. She has qualified for the semi-finals after beating national team’s member Nguyen Thuy Dan from Ho Chi Minh City 6-1 and 6-0. She next plays Kim Loi from Khanh Hoa. In addition, Viet Ha has succeeded in the women’s doubles after cruising through to the semi-finals with her partner Thuy Dung.

After the championship, Viet Ha will return to Spain to continue her training at the Bruguera Academy.

Her father, Ngo Viet Trung, said that her family would try to afford Viet Ha to finish her secondary education in Spain, so she would have between two and three years for training at the Bruguera Academy.

At the age of 15, Viet Ha, who can speak three languages, English, Spanish and Russian, has a promising future.

Huy Tien
HCM City Sports newspaper

http://www.nhandan.com.vn/english/sport/141005/images/tt-14-10vietha.jpg

Rising Sun
Oct 14th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the interesting article. :)

I wonder why her family went to Russia in the 1st place? :confused:

Vut
Oct 15th, 2005, 05:16 AM
good luck!

Rising Sun
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Viet-Ha won her SF, and will play Vietnam's top player, Huynh Mai-Huynh in the final. Should be an interesting match. :)

Steveg
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the interesting article. :)

I wonder why her family went to Russia in the 1st place? :confused:
Her first name 'Viet Nga' means 'Vietnam Russia' :angel: .

I believe she has some family or ties in Russia.

georgekuo1017
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:07 AM
good luck

Nochi
Oct 19th, 2005, 05:22 AM
good luck Vietnamese!!

spiceboy
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Viet (left) this week in $25K Madrid

http://www.tenisbase.com/img14/F14227.jpg

She upset Argentina's Veronica Saucedo (right) 61 62 in first round qualies and lost against 10th seed Abbie Probert 57 63 64

spiceboy
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.tenisbase.com/img14/F14231.jpg

http://www.tenisbase.com/img14/F14230.jpg

jisung
Jul 13th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Vietnamese,good luck

DolceVita
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Viet-Ha playing in $10,000 Mallorca 2007 this week. Good Luck

spiceboy
Feb 24th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Viet this week in $10K Melilla

http://www.tenismelilla.com/portal/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/ITF/itf2007_fem/18Feb/NGO.JPG

pcrtennis
Feb 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Does she have any potential do be top 200 or top 100?

auntie janie
Oct 17th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Any news? I saw she played in a $10K last week. She qualified and then made the quarters, I think ... was that her only event of the year?

aznexpl0sion
Oct 27th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Not really - I followed her all year and she's been playing a tournament every week or every other week. It's just she failed to qualify all season until this last tournament that she made the quarters in. Hopefully she can qualify a few more times and get her ranking up (actually, she needs to regain a ranking...). In the event after the one you just talked about, she made it to the final qualifying round of a $25k but lost, losing her chances at that crucial point that would give her a ranking.

aznexpl0sion
May 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Viet-ha is now in the quarters of the $10k Tarakan tourney in Indonesia after qualifying. Hopefully this is going to be a good turnout for her!

andrewC
May 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I hope she goes further :D Would be good to see someone from Vietnam doing well :banana:

JAMESYBABY!
May 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM
go her:D

aznexpl0sion
May 15th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Viet-ha has made the QF yet again, this time in the $10k at Bulungan!! She did so by beating a fellow Vietnamese in the 2nd round (15 year old Trang Huynh Phuong Dai). she should regain a WTA ranking after this.

andrewC
May 15th, 2008, 08:26 PM
that's good news, thanks for the update :D

ArturoAce.
Sep 21st, 2008, 07:16 AM
so where has viet-ha been?