PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Governor Haley barbour said that the area looks like Hiroshima...

tenn_ace
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:22 PM
after the atomic bomb was dropped.

Do you think that was an appropriate comparison?

I personally thought it was :rolleyes:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:27 PM
I reall hope these areas get the help that they need..and then some... *pray* :worship:

tenn_ace
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:30 PM
I do too, but the comparison still doesn't sit well with me.

ampers&
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:33 PM
after the atomic bomb was dropped.

Do you think that was an appropriate comparison?

I personally thought it was :rolleyes:
I agree.
No it wasn't appropriate.
Nor is it appropriate for people to keep comparing the destruction in New Orleans to the destruction in Iraq.
Give me a fucking break...:rolleyes:

Veritas
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:35 PM
It was a stupid comparison not so much that hundreds of thousands died a horrible death in Hiroshima, but also because the event is a politically sensitive one and shouldn't be carelessly used. If the death toll was a lot higher, I doubt he'd bring up Auschwitz.

tenn_ace
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:37 PM
It was a stupid comparison not so much that hundreds of thousands died a horrible death in Hiroshima, but also because the event is a politically sensitive one and shouldn't be carelessly used. If the death toll was a lot higher, I doubt he'd bring up Auschwitz.

exactly.

tenn_ace
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM
I agree.
No it wasn't appropriate.
Nor is it appropriate for people to keep comparing the destruction in New Orleans to the destruction in Iraq.
Give me a fucking break...:rolleyes:

who is behind the destruction in Iraq (and Hiroshima)? Do you see now why it is inappropriate?

ampers&
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:44 PM
who is behind the destruction in Iraq (and Hiroshima)? Do you see now why it is inappropriate?
What do you mean, "do you see now?"
Of course I see...the United States is behind both.
But that's not what I'm talking about...I'm talking about the mere fact that this disaster was a natural disaster that couldn't have been helped.
The disasters in Hiroshima and Iraq were preventable.
Not only that, the grand scale of those disasters aren't even comparable to what hurricane Katrina did.
It's just ridiculous to make those comments.

tenn_ace
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:47 PM
What do you mean, "do you see now?"
Of course I see...the United States is behind both.
But that's not what I'm talking about...I'm talking about the mere fact that this disaster was a natural disaster that couldn't have been helped.
The disasters in Hiroshima and Iraq were preventable.
Not only that, the grand scale of those disasters aren't even comparable to what hurricane Katrina did.
It's just ridiculous to make those comments.

I got you know. I guess, I misunderstood your previous post. Apologies for that.

Sally Struthers
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:48 PM
who the fuck cares? People are way too sensitive these days not wanting to offend anybody. Screw them.

Wigglytuff
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:17 PM
I do too, but the comparison still doesn't sit well with me.
i agree with you

alfonsojose
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:31 PM
I agree. It was :retard: You can compare a natural disaster with Hiroshima. And it's pretty obvious what event was worst

Scotso
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:23 AM
That's extremely tactless.

kiwifan
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:48 AM
who the fuck cares? People are way too sensitive these days not wanting to offend anybody. Screw them.

:yeah: