PDA

View Full Version : Bottled Welsh Air

Grachka
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1520849.html

Bottled Welsh air for sale

A man is selling Welsh air to expatriates who miss the valleys.

John Gronow from Lakeside, Cardiff, has collected air from Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons and will sell it on his website walesinabottle.com

Each bottle comes with a certificate guaranteeing the air has been gathered in the Welsh mountains.

He said: "I am offering a genuine service for people who want something of Wales that reminds them of their childhood or their homeland. It is the genuine article from the green, green grass of home.

"There are more Welsh exiles out there around the world than there are in Wales who long for something from the land of their fathers."

The bottles of air will sell for 24 reports BBC online

I am glad that Wales is still as enterprising as ever :) Though why someone would like to be reminded of the place beats me :p

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
The Scottish version has already flopped, Graham.

The Welsh bottles are selling faster than your Mother can say "Oh Tim". :)

Avid Merrion
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:23 PM
The Scottish version has already flopped
:lol: maybe that's because we sold it in tins.... :p

Years ago, an entrepreneur tried to sell tins of fresh Scottish air to jaded Londoners. They were supposed to open it, sniff the fresh breeze that emanated and, if they followed the instructions, run twice around the block.

They would feel better for it, the label said. Indeed. The enterprise eventually evaporated into thin air.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:29 PM
I was right! :angel:

what a good guess

marmite1
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:56 PM
I am glad that Wales is still as enterprising as ever :) Though why someone would like to be reminded of the place beats me :p

They have really nice hills in wales and it is fairly green. But, i dont think anyone wants to be reminded of the terrible weather.

controlfreak
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:53 PM
I hope this isn't the same guy who was selling a fart in a bottle on eBay.

PamShriverRockz
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Though why someone would like to be reminded of the place beats me :p

See my photo gallery for details :p

I have tonnes of this air stuff if anyone is looking...and I'll charge cheaper than 24 a bottle :p

However the Ghost in a bottle sold on ebay is still the best item for sale ever ;)

katiektc
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:44 PM
See my photo gallery for details :p

I have tonnes of this air stuff if anyone is looking...and I'll charge cheaper than 24 a bottle :p

However the Ghost in a bottle sold on ebay is still the best item for sale ever ;)

That ghost-in-a-bottle of course was from N.Ireland wasn't it?! I love how it was from about a mile from me. Pft! and Tsk! ;)

PamShriverRockz
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:56 PM
That ghost-in-a-bottle of course was from N.Ireland wasn't it?! I love how it was from about a mile from me. Pft! and Tsk! ;)

You missed out on a bargain there!

Maybe you could sell on ebay your emails from Fletch :p ;)