PDA

View Full Version : Update: Children's Hospital Under Seige

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:54 AM
Children's Hospital under seige

Tuesday, 11:45 p.m.

Late Tuesday, Gov. Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher described a disturbing scene unfolding in uptown New Orleans, where looters were trying to break into Children's Hospital.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

The director has sought help from the police, but, due to rising flood waters, police have not been able to respond.

Bottcher said Blanco has been told of the situation and has informed the National Guard. However, Bottcher said, the National Guard has also been unable to respond.

Sidenote: Drug-seekers I presume.

BigB08822
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:26 AM
What do they want from there? Those people should all die in the flood waters for what they are doing. Taking food/water is one thing but taking clothes and going after anything you can find is rediculous.

Wigglytuff
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:11 AM
Children's Hospital under seige

Tuesday, 11:45 p.m.

Late Tuesday, Gov. Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher described a disturbing scene unfolding in uptown New Orleans, where looters were trying to break into Children's Hospital.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

The director has sought help from the police, but, due to rising flood waters, police have not been able to respond.

Bottcher said Blanco has been told of the situation and has informed the National Guard. However, Bottcher said, the National Guard has also been unable to respond.

Sidenote: Drug-seekers I presume.

honestly i dont believe this story. makes no sense. none at all. particularly the part about the national guard being unable to respond, not very beliveable.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:37 PM
honestly i dont believe this story. makes no sense. none at all. particularly the part about the national guard being unable to respond, not very beliveable.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=112024&cat=World

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:38 PM
What do they want from there? Those people should all die in the flood waters for what they are doing. Taking food/water is one thing but taking clothes and going after anything you can find is rediculous.

Most likely those attempting to break into a hospital are drug-seekers.

Maryamator
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:45 PM
these people are mentally ill.

Wigglytuff
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:50 PM
http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=112024&cat=World

thanks for link. proves my point, its either fact or grossly distorted, not unlike that website.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:01 PM
thanks for link. proves my point, its either fact or grossly distorted, not unlike that website.

On CNN, the Louisiana Governor confirmed the report. Also, a physician on CNN from Houston said it has been difficult evacuating children from Children's Hospital in New Orleans because of the unrest outside the hospital.

Actually, you doubted the report. Would you like more links???

Wigglytuff
Sep 1st, 2005, 02:22 AM
On CNN, the Louisiana Governor confirmed the report. Also, a physician on CNN from Houston said it has been difficult evacuating children from Children's Hospital in New Orleans because of the unrest outside the hospital.

Actually, you doubted the report. Would you like more links???

sorry but i would... like the ones from cnn would be great.