PDA

View Full Version : What is Shit Stirring in Threads To You?

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I keep hearing this phrase and I'd like to know if everyone is on the same page as to the exact meaning. Please share with me your thoughts and examples of what you think shit stirring is?

LeRoy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Posting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: to "bait" posts from trolls :)

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:33 AM
bump

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:51 AM
I think its when you intentionally post something to make a relatively civil debate become a flame war.

HAIL-VENUS
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:07 AM
In the most simple terms, it means to go up in a thread and start posting negative shit. Basically, when shit stirrers enter a thread they look around to see if all is going well, then they intentionally post something negative to arouse anger or engage in a battle of words between anyone who'll entertain them. Hell, I've been a victim as well as a victimizer. Sometimes, it's fun, depending on what mood I'm in. :cool:

PaulieM
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:09 AM
:angel: this smile is often a good indicator of someone who is pretending not to stir shit

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:12 AM
In the most simple terms, it means to go up in a thread and start posting negative shit. Basically, when shit stirrers enter a thread they look around to see if all is going well, then they intentionally post something negative to arouse anger or engage in a battle of words between anyone who'll entertain them. Hell, I've been a victim as well as a victimizer. Sometimes, it's fun, depending on what mood I'm in. :cool:

:lol: Well, I've been accused of it on more than one occasion, but each time I think I'm just giving my opinion, not intentionally going into a thread to start a flame war. I have gotten involved in flame wars, but I think it's because someone starts something personal with me. Hence, I've been accused of having blinders on :rolleyes: and having a persecution complex. :lol:

I have gone into a thread to fuck with someone who has bad repped me and fucked with me in another thread, but is that stirring shit, if it's between only me and another poster?

Where is the line drawn between giving an opinion which is contrary to others' opinion and starting a debate and stirring shit?

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:14 AM
:lol: Well, I've been accused of it on more than one occasion, but each time I think I'm just giving my opinion, not intentionally going into a thread to start a flame war. I have gotten involved in flame wars, but I think it's because someone starts something personal with me. Hence, I've been accused of having blinders on :rolleyes: and having a persecution complex. :lol:

I have gone into a thread to fuck with someone who has bad repped me and fucked with me in another thread, but is that stirring shit, if it's between only me and another poster?

Where is the line drawn between giving an opinion which is contrary to others' opinion and starting a debate and stirring shit?

I think it becomes shit striing when you intentionally try to cuase conflict, especially in a relatively stable discussion.

And Denise, the persecution complex is just an old lie they use against us, just like "pulling the race card"...:ignore:

AjdeNate!
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:18 AM
it can also be viewed as honest criticism that some do not want to hear, hence they'll flame you.

Knizzle
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:22 AM
:angel: this smile is often a good indicator of someone who is pretending not to stir shit

Coincidentally that seems to be Selesfan's favorite smilie.

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:33 AM
I think it becomes shit striing when you intentionally try to cuase conflict, especially in a relatively stable discussion.

And Denise, the persecution complex is just an old lie they use against us, just like "pulling the race card"...:ignore:

:lol: Yeah, I didn't take it seriously.

Hey, you have mail.:p

ys
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:48 AM
To stir a shit here .. some shit has to exist in first place.. :lol:

HAIL-VENUS
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:52 AM
I agree with Justin. It's only "shit stirring" when you go into a thread with the intentions of starting an argument or picking on someone when they're not saying anything negative to anyone. Personally, I prefer to give what I get. If someone gives me a negative bad rep, then I return the favor. I don't see any point in stalking them around the board to curse them out about it later. Not saying that you are guilty of this, but some people are. I'd say that, eventhough they're retaliating against previous wrongdoings, it does seem like "shit stirring" if they go up in an innocent thread and start calling people bitches and ho's for no apparent reason:lol: Just my opinion, though.

SelesFan70
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:52 AM
Coincidentally that seems to be Selesfan's favorite smilie.

Miss Knizzle, put me on your ignore list. Thanks.

controlfreak
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:56 AM
To stir a shit here .. some shit has to exist in first place.. :lol:

:bowdown:

To me, stirring shit has always involved a bowl, a spoon, and some extra liquids in case the mixture is a bit too stiff.

Knizzle
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:01 AM
Miss Knizzle, put me on your ignore list. Thanks.

I'm a dude, and I don't need to. You're not that offensive to me.

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:07 AM
I agree with Justin. It's only "shit stirring" when you go into a thread with the intentions of starting an argument or picking on someone when they're not saying anything negative to anyone. Personally, I prefer to give what I get. If someone gives me a negative bad rep, then I return the favor. I don't see any point in stalking them around the board to curse them out about it later. Not saying that you are guilty of this, but some people are. I'd say that, eventhough they're retaliating against previous wrongdoings, it does seem like "shit stirring" if they go up in an innocent thread and start calling people bitches and ho's for no apparent reason:lol: Just my opinion, though.

Well, I was guilty of that recently, but only because I was out of reps to retaliate for a particular person calling me a "bitch". :lol: But, it's not something I do on a regular basis because it is stalking. There are plenty of people who provoke me to search them out, i.e. stalk them but I don't because it's not worth it.

Speaking of provocation, is it shit stirring when you are provoked into a flame war by someone else?

deja_entendu
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:29 AM
An example would be coming into this thread and pointing out your need for positive reinforcement, and saying that such a need reflects tremendous insecurity.

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:31 AM
An example would be coming into this thread and pointing out your need for positive reinforcement, and saying that such a need reflects tremendous insecurity.
Yeah, that would be shit stirring. :)

Martian Willow
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:35 AM
It's something other people do.

Martian Willow
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:36 AM
:angel:

SelesFan70
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:50 AM
I'm a dude, and I don't need to. You're not that offensive to me.

:o Oh...I thought that was you in your avatar.

I'm glad I'm not "that offensive" to you. :wavey:

ampers&
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:54 AM
:o Oh...I thought that was you in your avatar.
Ummm...the person in his avatar is R&B singer Ciara.

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:56 AM
Michi, is that Bootsy Collins in your avatar?? :lol:

ampers&
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:58 AM
Michi, is that Bootsy Collins in your avatar?? :lol:
No, silly.
It's Rick James after he got his legs beat by Eddie and Charlie Murphy. :angel:

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:00 AM
No, silly.
It's Rick James after he got his legs beat by Eddie and Charlie Murphy. :angel:
:haha:

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:09 AM

If anybody knows that, you know his ass does. :lol::lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:17 AM
I'd rather be a shit-stirrer than a shit-magnet. But that's just me.

SJW
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:22 AM

RIGHT! something tells me he knew very well that wasn't knizzle.

LeRoy.
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:24 AM
RIGHT! something tells me he knew very well that wasn't knizzle.

Methinks he is in love with Knizzle :devil:

Knizzle
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:25 AM

SelesFan70
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:42 AM
:o I seriously didn't know! .

That makes 2 Knizzle avatars I've fucked up...the Ciara one and the Michigan State one! :scared:

SelesFan70
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:50 AM
Methinks he is in love with Knizzle :devil:

Don't tell him, but I've already picked out the china pattern! :tape:

Knizzle
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:51 AM
Don't tell him, but I've already picked out the china pattern! :tape:

You're stepping over the line.

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:54 AM

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:11 AM
Denise, good examples of shit stirrers: ys and Martian Willow

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:13 AM
Yep and too many others to name here.

Portobello
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:21 AM
Yep and too many others to name here.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:23 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Denise4925
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:24 AM
Unbelievable.
Unfuckingbelievable. :lol:

RVD
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:55 AM
I keep hearing this phrase and I'd like to know if everyone is on the same page as to the exact meaning. Please share with me your thoughts and examples of what you think shit stirring is?It's because you're a SOUL-dier babygirl. :kiss:
Don't let these people get you down though. Otherwise, they win. :(

Incidentally, I FULLY agree with Justin here. I think it becomes shit striing when you intentionally try to cuase conflict, especially in a relatively stable discussion.

And Denise, the persecution complex is just an old lie they use against us, just like "pulling the race card"...:ignore:I've found this to be so fucking true that it's painful. :fiery:
Remember..."IGNORANCE BREEDS CONTEMPT!" :wavey:

Martian Willow
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:55 PM

Justin, good example of shit stirring: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=117067

:)

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:02 PM
I have gone into a thread to fuck with someone who has bad repped me and fucked with me in another thread, but is that stirring shit

Yes :)

Also, when you go into a thread, :worship: + :lol: at people bashing commentators that lick the arses of their non fave players.

ys
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:05 PM
Justin, good example of shit stirring: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=117067

:)

Now you are indeed shit sttirring. leave the shit alone.. :lol: