Rocketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Eleni didn't want to win serving double faults like that. :(

TennisChick227
:fiery: so upsetting!!

Billabong
VERY solid performance from Maria, she was perfect:clap2:!!! She played much better than I expected, GOOO Maria:banana:!!!

pcrtennis
I am not a Daniilidou fan after that....

But Sharapova's voice makes me queezy...........uuuuuhhhhhhhh......

Linnie
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Eleni :mad: :sad: had so many chances in the beginning of the match :(

serenafan08
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:57 AM
The first three games decided the match. Plain and simple.

Rocketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Eleni :mad: :sad: had so many chances in the beginning of the match :(

She can be soooooo frustrating but then it's hard to stay mad at her cause she's sooooo cute. :hearts:

SzavayFi
Thats a good win :) I am tellin ya folks, i am likein this girl more every time a watch her :D :drool: :D

Edward.
:worship:

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I cant believe i missed the first hour of Prison Break for that shit! :fiery: :lol:

RenaSlam.
Maria played incredibly after not playing much this summer...

on the other hand Danilidou should learn how to serve, she served like Lena D. :lol:

morningglory
woohoo! double breadsticks! :bounce:
I was sorta upset when she was down those triple break points, but Maria's nerves didn't let her down.
Congrats Maria, the most convincing scoreline of today's matches :)

23TwentyThree23
Awesome dress, awesome concentration, awesome backhands and an awesome result from maria - one of the best matches I've ever seen her play. :worship:
Upset? What upset?:confused:

Linnie
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:00 AM
She can be soooooo frustrating but then it's hard to stay mad at her cause she's sooooo cute. :hearts:
So true :hearts: ;)

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Take that haters...:p

middy
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Excuse me while I gather myself :haha: wait

:haha:

Billabong
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Maria's serve was firing, it was very effective and she really served well all night:)! especially those 2nd serves:eek: AWESOME:worship:

xan
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Really good win from Maria! :bounce:

I have to say, I was nervous about this one. First match of the tournament after no hardcourt practice, and facing a player who beat Henin and Kuznetsova recently.

I particularly liked Maria's approaches to net and her backhand winners. The two lob winners in the final game were ace.

Go on Maria! :D

fOxYLiCiOuS
:worship: Welldone Maria :hearts:

This was a very solid performance from both girls. A very good test for Maria in rnd one. :D :worship:

new-york
she played good from what i heard.

hablo
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:09 AM
:o:o:o::bolt:

my prediction was so wrong :(

40-0
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:09 AM
sharapova played awesome today!!! she was hitting winners everywhere, hitting pretty hard, forget about the pectoral injury, she played amazing!

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Quality performance Masha :clap2: :clap2:
...weathered the early storm while she burnt of the rustiness then played quite well
Her serve is looking very good :cool:

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Well done Maria. :D You played great. :yeah:

Ceecor
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Quality performance Masha :clap2: :clap2:
...weathered the early storm while she burnt of the rustiness then played quite well
Her serve is looking very good :cool:

Hi Dan :wavey:
Your a huge maria fan..honestly...compared to her other performances (last year etc)............how did she look?

vwfan
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:20 AM
certainly an impressive scoreline against a quality opponent.

WIMBLY2004
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Well done :bigclap:

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Great start for Maria!

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Tracy was getting on my nerves big time. I don't know how many times she said "I was talking to her camp before the match....." The shame is, I could serve better than Eleni tonight. She didn't believe in herself like at Wimbledon against Justine. Oh well...

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:30 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Congrats Maria,very impressive win :yeah:
Frankly,it's easier than i really thought ;)
Good Luck Maria in next round :hug:

Andy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Wooo Hooo Awesome start to the tournament Masha

nikita771
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:31 AM
I was surprised at this score. I expected more of a fight - with Sharapova taking the match. Congrats to her, though.

Lapin
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Eleni!! :sad: Her serve really let her down and she didn't try to come into net much until quite late in the match. But it was a great match to watch, especially those first three games, Eleni was so close very often but nothing seemed to go her way. I hope she's not too discouraged, a 6/1 6/1 scoreline doesn't reflect the quality of the match IMHO, but Maria played very well.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
If Eleni could get her serve and her nerve under control, she's a top 15 player easily. I really liked what I saw from her out there apart from that.

GREAT stuff from Sharapova, particularly at the end there. She will be breezing through to the semifinals now that Svetlana is out. Nadia is the only one with enough game to beat her. Sania potentially as well, but not with the way she played today...

Wimbledon_VIP
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
In Maria haters' face:).

njnetswill
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Who knew Maria would have the most convincing scoreline at the end of the day. :shrug:

Good to see her win.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:54 AM
In Maria haters' face:).

What, that she won a first round match? OH BOY!! How many grand slams has she won this year? How did her last match with Lindsay go? How was her last match with Venus? How was her last match with Serena? How was her last match with Justine? With Kim? With Schynder? The list can continue!!!

Junex
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:59 AM
i saw the first 3 games and it lasted for 17 minutes!!!!!!

a good show for a night match!!!

Stay Focus Maria!

You deserve this throphy (behind Justine of course) !!!!

WIMBLY2004
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:01 AM
But according to these people, Maria would lost in first round, so in their face :lol:
:Rawwb:, alias, anton, azza, backhanddtl4, bbypk, Chet, Cybelle Darkholme, E.Dementieva, elena_k, Elisse, felipe2004, frenchie, ILuvVenus07, jeanie, JLDementieva, Justeenium, j_dementieva27, KoOlMaNsTeVeN, LostGlory, nari, Oneofakind0490, pcrtennis, RayRob, RenaSlam588, Rome, safinforlife, spartanfan, tennis ace, TennisChick227, tennisrox, VeeDaQueen, vwrules, Xenan

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Great win against a quality opponent! :worship: :worship: Much to the haters' dismay.;)

Win it all, Maria! :bounce:

JenFan75
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:08 AM
wow

Good job Maria ^^

njnetswill
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:09 AM
But according to these people, Maria would lost in first round, so in their face :lol:

:lol:

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:11 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I can see that( :o :mad: :fiery: :( )in their face :lol: :lol:

Junex
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:14 AM
What, that she won a first round match? OH BOY!! How many grand slams has she won this year? How did her last match with Lindsay go? How was her last match with Venus? How was her last match with Serena? How was her last match with Justine? With Kim? With Schynder? The list can continue!!!

I never knew your a HATER!!

btw, that remark is for those who wish Maria an upset by Eleni!

well..... :wavey:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:45 AM
i cant stand maria, i like eleni. but i'm not irritated at m for winning or eleni for losing. i'm dead pissed at justine.:fiery: :shrug:

browneyes
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Why do I not remember Eleni's serve being so terrible in the past?

There sure are some terrible serves on the women's tour.

Vut
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:14 AM
goodjob! Maria

gary
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:16 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I can see that( :o :mad: :fiery: :( )in their face :lol: :lol:

:haha: :lol: :yeah:

congrats Masha,she played so well today!! :woohoo: :banana:
good luck next round!!

franny
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:28 AM
I'm surprised at how well she played and how hard she was hitting the balls. She also moved really well. I loved her lobs at the end and I'm hoping that that's another dimension that she's adding to her game. Also it'd be nice if she could have worked on some slice shots or drop shots too.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:33 AM
I never knew your a HATER!!

btw, that remark is for those who wish Maria an upset by Eleni!

well..... :wavey:

I'm not a hater to Sharapova fans. I tell it like it is with her. I'm a Kim hater. Just don't like the fakeness and the way she plays at all.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:35 AM

http://www.omgpwned.net/pics/owned/tankguy.jpg

Can't touch this....

leokennan
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:47 AM
i like surprise

SelesFan70
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:02 AM
:haha: @ all the people who actually believed Daniliidou had any chance. :haha: I swear, some people on this board don't believe Maria is for real. :devil: I'm not a huge fan of her's, but it's obvious she has game. Daniliidou is a journey woman player who can have a good day against a tired Justine on grass...and that's pretty much it. Sorry... :)

thelittlestelf
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Aw, I thought this match would at least have been remotely interesting.

Maria played very well. Impressive comeback from her pectoral muscle strain thing.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Aw, I thought this match would at least have been remotely interesting.

Maria played very well. Impressive comeback from her pectoral muscle strain thing.

I thihnk the only thing out of ordinary is that Maria got so incositent that she had a game in which she won after 16 points. Somehting that really isn't extraordinary though is the always professional commenaries from Austin.

marmite1
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Shame about Eleni, but credit where credit is due. Well done maria.

Maria Croft
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Congrats Maria, very impressive win !! Nice winners, very fast and some awesome lobs at the end, Go Maria !!

@m@nd@
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:29 AM
well done masha :yeah:
keep it going! :banana:

RussiansFan
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Good job Masha!!! A very solid performance, in which she showed mental toughness, good shots and a very good serve...
If she continues playing like this she could do very well in this slam!
:bounce: :bounce: :banana: :worship:

TJL
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:17 AM
After slow start Maria played pretty well, especially on important points. Second serve was really good and IMO she played more aggressively then in last few months. I hope she continues to play aggressively.

To be fair to Daniilidou 6-1, 6-1 doesn't really tell the whole truth, but while Maria improved for the important points Eleni did the opposite and that really made a difference.

I must say that Eleni's serve really surprised me. I didn't remember that her serve was that bad. It's not exactly as bad as Dementievas serve last year, but pretty close. Well maybe she had some problem that I'm not aware.

jamatthews
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Also it'd be nice if she could have worked on some slice shots or drop shots too.

Did you miss her fabulous slice backhand...I've seen it quite a few times since Roland Garros...and every now and then it actually manages to go over the net... :lol:

She has been working on her drop shots for quite a while too, even though there weren't any today...

23TwentyThree23
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM
It's funny, there are very few of the masha haters here to take back all the drivel they were spouting about maria before the match!:lol:

She did so good in this match - her intensity, her movement on some points and her serve (2nd especially) were all first class and she even had some finesse to end the match. I'm sure we didn't see the best of eleni - for some reason, after the first few games, her serve was badly off, but she showed enough to suggest she could still climb the rankings (64 is a very bad position for her?)

Anyway, kudos and brava maria!! keep up this level all the way!

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Maria did play well. Congrats to her. But Eleni had many many many chances she just couldn't take. She proved why she was ranked outside the top 50 considering all her talent than anything. She wasn't out played and had the weapons to win - but she couldn't hold it together when it mattered.

Helen Lawson
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:00 PM
She looked fabulous. Go Big Masha!!!!

The crowd was really behind her, too, that's great!!

Dexter
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Eleni :sad:

blumaroo
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Great match. Maria did nothing wrong. Very strong performance especially considering the lack of match practice. Loved the two lobs at the end and that one incredible backhand winner.

ans
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Impressive:eek: If she can keep this level on...

deja_entendu
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:26 PM
:haha: you can sense the dissapointment on this board :haha:

and people don't remember eleni's serve being so bad? what kind of fantasy are you living in, that you imagined daniilidou as a top 30 player? i knew maria would destroy her in every possible way; sucks for the haters.

what sucks for the haters even more, though, is that her serve, especially her second serve, and her backhand were absolutely on fire. she was running very fast, and hitting lob winners. and her draw has opened up tremendously. :bounce: <evil laugh>

Vincent
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Eleni, she looks really sad sitting on the chair...:sad:

Jasmin
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Kind of confused but wasn't Maria suppose to win this match? The thought of Maria losing this match never crossed my mind. I think all the top ten players should make it to the next round.

In the end I think Davenport or Kim will probably win the whole tournament.

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Kind of confused but wasn't Maria suppose to win this match? The thought of Maria losing this match never crossed my mind. I think all the top ten players should make it to the next round.

In the end I think Davenport or Kim will probably win the whole tournament.
Confused by what?
I think the point of the thread is more how she won, and not the fact she won at all.
I guess more more was expected of Daniilidou than she showed.
The first threee games were very contentious and all went to deuces.
But Daniilidou lost all those games even the one she had clear momentum. Thereafter, she backed down and offered very little resistence while Maria kept up the pressure and the level of her game.
Daniilidou mental game collapsed followed by her physical game.
He body language, going after balls went downhill.

aheee!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I was at the match last night, and Danilidou's serve is an enigma. :confused: She can serve it as hard as 106-108 sometimes, but most of the time she served in the 85-94 range on first serves. She definitely has a real kink in her serve. the other thing is that she should have changed her game plan after the first set when things were not working for her. What was very apparent in the warmup was that Daniilidou has an excellent volley and Maria does not (other than her swing volleys). SHe should have mixed it up by coming to net a lot, but she only tried it at like 6-1, 5-1 down or whatever. Big mistake. Anyway, if she fixed her serve she would be a lot better. Congrats to maria though. I understand most of the seeds fell out of her section, so she has a clear path to the QF or SF

Doc
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Maria had an excellent win in what was a tricky match-up.

* First round - always tricky.
* Night match, getting used to the lighting
* Tough opponent, perhaps the hardest non-seed, who many expected to cause an upset.
* Maria had no practice tournaments on hard courts
* Maria was coming off an injury break.
* Maria was under pressure being No 1 seed.

Despite all that Masha pulled out a great win and really dominated after the 1st three games, particularly 2nd set.

Irish
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Way to go Maria! :bounce:

I did think it would be a little closer.

Rocketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:25 PM
:haha: @ all the people who actually believed Daniliidou had any chance. :haha: I swear, some people on this board don't believe Maria is for real. :devil: I'm not a huge fan of her's, but it's obvious she has game. Daniliidou is a journey woman player who can have a good day against a tired Justine on grass...and that's pretty much it. Sorry... :)

you clearly don't actually watch other players because if you did you would know what a ridiculous statement that is.

Daniilidou beat Justine on Grass the year she made it to the Wimbledon final in other words her best year on grass. Just face it, Daniilidou can beat Justine on grass and has two out of two times that they have played. :rolleyes:

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:38 PM
you clearly don't actually watch other players because if you did you would know what a ridiculous statement that is.

Daniilidou beat Justine on Grass the year she made it to the Wimbledon final in other words her best year on grass. Just face it, Daniilidou can beat Justine on grass and has two out of two times that they have played. :rolleyes:

True but Eleni beating a tired Justine on her worst surface doesn't mean much to the matchup of Maria / Eleni on hardcourt, which is the topic of this thread. Some people just really underestimated Maria's ability compared with Danilidou's.

Rocketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:44 PM
True but Eleni beating a tired Justine on her worst surface doesn't mean much to the matchup of Maria / Eleni on hardcourt, which is the topic of this thread. Some people just really underestimated Maria's ability compared with Danilidou's.

Lord.....exactly why was Justine tired again? First Justine is injured that's why Eleni beat her and now she's tired. :yawn:

Eleni beat Justine because her game matches up well and she was better on the two days they played........people get over it and stop trying to down play Eleni's victories.

I don't give a rat's ass if people said Eleni was going to beat Maria or not. I do care when people keep down playing her win like it only happened because Justine was <fill in the blank> When history shows that Eleni was more than capable to take JHH out on grass.

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Lord.....exactly why was Justine tired again? First Justine is injured that's why Eleni beat her and now she's tired. :yawn:

Eleni beat Justine because her game matches up well and she was better on the two days they played........people get over it and stop trying to down play Eleni's victories.

I don't give a rat's ass if people said Eleni was going to beat Maria or not. I do care when people keep down playing her win like it only happened because Justine was <fill in the blank> When history shows that Eleni was more than capable to take JHH out on grass.

Okay, fine - calm down.:lol: Most of Maria's fans have much respect for Eleni's game and were very happy to see Maria beat her so soundly, 6-1, 6-1.

Jasmin
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Confused by what?
I think the point of the thread is more how she won, and not the fact she won at all.
I guess more more was expected of Daniilidou than she showed.
The first threee games were very contentious and all went to deuces.
But Daniilidou lost all those games even the one she had clear momentum. Thereafter, she backed down and offered very little resistence while Maria kept up the pressure and the level of her game.
Daniilidou mental game collapsed followed by her physical game.
He body language, going after balls went downhill.

What's with the snapping. I'm just wondering why all the Maria fans are saying that people are hating. I don't read the board that much so I didn't know people were expecting maria to fall out of the first round. This thread should be more about how Maria won but it is more on how the non fans expecting Maria to lose.

Carmen Mairena
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Of course Eleni is a very talented girl, but lately she's too inconsistent. A good win here and a couple bad losses there. There was no question that Maria would crush her. Sometimes people need to be more objective. Maria is on another galaxy, very far from the girls such Eleni.

I'm sad though because Eleni could have gotten further had she had a better draw. :sad:

-VSR-
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:23 PM
What?

I admit I was wrong, I know that. Congrats to Maria for beating Danillidou.

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:46 PM
What's with the snapping..
No I was not snapping. Just wanted to know you find confusing.
Sorry if I hurt your feeling.

I'm just wondering why all the Maria fans are saying that people are hating..
Only a couple of months ago (when I started posting), I would have had the same reaction as yours.
But I learning to navigate the intricacy and landmines of this board.
One of the first thing is, fans of players tend to label a non-fan posters who post something remoteley critical of their favorite as hater. Of course there is legitimate use of the term, but it has largely been diluted of its meaning here and hence has become hard to differentiate who really hate someone from a poster who feel indifferent or even do not like the player's game. Frankly, most often than not, the word detractor, which does not carry the same emotional investment as hater is the appropriate word. But not used
But if you stick around enough, you'll learn fast to navigate the landmine.
There are natural ennemy camps who do what naturally enemey do: attach each other on benign trivila argument. But you'll find out soon by yourslef

Do not get me wrong, you learn a lot from all kind of posters (supporting all kind of players) from the diverse countries and cultures, of the world on this board, in addition to tennis knowledge freely dispensed.
Good posting and enjoy your rare time you visit.

I don't read the board that much so I didn't know people were expecting maria to fall out of the first round. This thread should be more about how Maria won but it is more on how the non fans expecting Maria to lose.

It is how(easily) she won and not that she won at all. See my original post.

tennisjunky
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:00 PM
when the heat is on maria is a safe bet. wasnt too worried about this match and you can pretty much pencil maria's name in the sfs. if she stays healthy she's got a real good look. love for her to leave the open ranked #1 with the trophy in her hand. if not her then serena, either one wins and that makes my day!

cheo23
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Congratulations Miss Maria Sharapova....I have the match on Tape but since I already know the score..there's NO POINT IN Watching it...U GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! GOod luck IN the NEXT ROUND.....Rest Up that PEC Strain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

WE LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & I LOVE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Mr Snuggles
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I was expecting this tobe a tough battle, but ultimately turned out tobe abit of a mauling. Go Sharapova! but poor Danii, went to pieces after the first few games.

Sweep
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Sharapova had a fucking blinder. Absolutely superb.
Well done Masha! :)

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Maria is a very consistent player. She hasn't lost before the quarters in a full year.

Bероника
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Congrats to Sharapova.She was too strong yesterday,while Eleni was not at her best,and this way she can't win Maria.A little disappointed about the result,butb happy I saw my lovely Eleni on tv again!

RayRob
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:42 PM
First of all, congrats to Maria - she played a great match and it was fun to watch. I particularly enjoyed the first set - very competitive even though the scoreline suggests it was easy (which is was in the last in the last couple of games). Eleni played some great tennis in the first 4 or 5 games but that hidious serve let her down.....:shrug: oh well....but she really needs to do something about it.

Secondly, can you kindly inform me as to why my name is there? Where in a post i wrote did I say, "maria will not win" in her first round match? funny i never made a direct comment. Infact, I actually gave reasons to support how I thought (being, having an oppinion) Eleni might (suggesting possiblity or chance) win, although to some a far-fetched idea wasn't truly impossible given Eleni's history against former #1 players.

In another thread, I also suggested that Eleni could win but in a close match "like in Birmingham, except Eleni as the victor ;) " The wink would add a suggestion that the idea might be a little far-fetched but not impossible.

Maybe you got my name off the list of people who bet on Eleni to win in vBetting......so I bet in the GAME that Eleni would win, I bet on under-dogs all the time and have often won large sums of Vcash by taking some "chances".

If my mere suggestion of Maria losing in the first round offended you then I deeply appologise that I gave valid reasons in my suggestions that Eleni "could" win and that it wasn't beyond impossible. Also, Eleni is one of my favourite players, so you mean to tell me whenever your favourite player plays, you don't say..."XXXX player will win" or "XXX player might win because....." etc.

This is a public forum where I should be able to have opinions and make comments without the risk of people listing my name in an attempt to draw me over some kind of hot coals.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I persume you are a Maria fan.....if so were you one who thought "Maria will beat Lindsay" in the semi-finals of indian wells, just as I thought "Lindsay will beat Maria" in the Wimbledon semi's 2004!? If so then the following person said Maria will beat Lindsay at Indian wells 2005:

WIMBLY2004 - so in your face :lol: :p

thanks,
-Rache :wavey:

WIMBLY2004
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:26 AM
I got the name list from the poll thread http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=188513 , those are the people voted for "Hell Yes!!". It's a public poll, when you expressed your opinion by voting in a public poll, you should have prepared for people making comments on your opinion. Regarding your example of Maria's loss in Indian Wells, you didn't have to put it in a hypothetical way as there were heaps of "in your face" threads created right after that match :lol: . This is a public board, “in your face” thread is just a by-product of hating thread, when hating thread is allowed, why "in your face" thread is not?

morningglory
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:52 AM
I got the name list from the poll thread http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=188513 , those are the people voted for "Hell Yes!!". It's a public poll, when you expressed your opinion by voting in a public poll, you should have prepared for people making comments on your opinion. Regarding your example of Maria's loss in Indian Wells, you didn't have to put it in a hypothetical way as there were heaps of "in your face" threads created right after that match :lol: . This is a public board, “in your face” thread is just a by-product of hating thread, when hating thread is allowed, why "in your face" thread is not?
Trapped by yourself :lol: 'Hell, Yes!' if you'd voted maybe, you wouldn't get this type of treatment... :)
Like shooting fish in a barrel this time... no escape :)

RayRob
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:55 AM

LMAO :haha: So you got me on a technicality ;) Yes, i did vote "hell YES" but yet again maybe more wishful thinking on my behalf. However I aren't going to defend my vote or take it back....at the time, I thought Eleni had it in her to create an upset - again based on fact of past results.

My main beef with your post was that you dug out peoples names to use as a target. So there were many "in your face" threads started after Maria's defeat against Lindsay at IW however, you will find that i was a part of none of them - so I would appreciate you don't take it out on me! Instead, why don't you dig up the names of those "haters" and publicly announce them (not that they would care because they crave the attention!)

In fact, there is no need to start threads about hating.....what's the point in hating a player just because they beat your fave, played better and won fairly!? None.

I haven't said anything derogatory about Maria and never will I about her or any other player. She's a great player and thoroughly deserved that win yesterday - she played the important points well in those first few games, it was crucial and as someone else mentioned, pretty much decided the match.

-Rache

morningglory
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:57 AM
In fact, there is no need to start threads about hating.....what's the point in hating a player just because they beat your fave, played better and won fairly!? None
Amen :yeah:

WIMBLY2004
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:31 AM
LMAO :haha: So you got me on a technicality ;) Yes, i did vote "hell YES" but yet again maybe more wishful thinking on my behalf. However I aren't going to defend my vote or take it back....at the time, I thought Eleni had it in her to create an upset - again based on fact of past results.

My main beef with your post was that you dug out peoples names to use as a target. So there were many "in your face" threads started after Maria's defeat against Lindsay at IW however, you will find that i was a part of none of them - so I would appreciate you don't take it out on me! Instead, why don't you dig up the names of those "haters" and publicly announce them (not that they would care because they crave the attention!)

In fact, there is no need to start threads about hating.....what's the point in hating a player just because they beat your fave, played better and won fairly!? None.

I haven't said anything derogatory about Maria and never will I about her or any other player. She's a great player and thoroughly deserved that win yesterday - she played the important points well in those first few games, it was crucial and as someone else mentioned, pretty much decided the match.

-Rache

I apologize to those Eleni fans who find the name list offensive, I didn’t mean to put you as the target. My reply is in response to post #36 & #38, it’s about in the hater’s face.

RayRob
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:47 AM
I apologize to those Eleni fans who find the name list offensive, I didn’t mean to put you as the target. My reply is in response to post #36 & #38, it’s about in the hater’s face.

Hey, that's ok.....no problem, i am sorry if I was abrupt ;) It's not that the list was offensive, I just don't like being likened to "haters".....no hard feeling here :kiss:

:wavey:
-Rache

WIMBLY2004
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:27 AM
Hey, that's ok.....no problem, i am sorry if I was abrupt ;) It's not that the list was offensive, I just don't like being likened to "haters".....no hard feeling here :kiss:

:wavey:
-Rache

We are cool then :D