PDA

View Full Version : OMG...Tracy Austin plzzzzzz....

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:41 AM
SHUT UP!!!

She talks like Sharapova is the best thing since sliced bread :rolleyes: I mean come on already...enough is enough...im annoyed by her anyone else??

ampers&
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I've been annoyed by her for the entire year.
Her mouth is planted so far up Sharapova's ass, it's not even funny...

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:42 AM
She sounds like a Maria's agent.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:44 AM
how do you come up with sliced bread :lol:

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:45 AM
She's my least favorite woman announcer....she's annoying...

Ted Robinson is more annoying though because he doesn't know anything and worships every move of Sharapova...

Rocketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:46 AM
well can't be any worse than the two guys on USOpen radio. :yawn:

bmxbandit
Someone needs to fuck the hell out of her.

Knizzle
She's a Lansdorpian, Maria is also so they have a sort of connection.

Ceecor
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Isnt her real name lindsey wagner Or wasnt she married to Lee majors or something.

I rarely have the volume up when watching sports.

iWill
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:49 AM
She's my least favorite woman announcer....she's annoying...

Ted Robinson is more annoying though because he doesn't know anything and worships every move of Sharapova...
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

ampers&
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Someone needs to fuck the hell out of her.
Uhhh...:unsure:...that may help. :shrug:

416_Man
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Imagine, she did the Rogers Cup commentating for the ENTIRE week. And I saw her one afternoon, and she was major bitch declining an autograph to a little kid. And talking to people because she had to be friendly on camera. But the second the shutter closed, she was running off back to her hotel.

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Uhhh...:unsure:...that may help. :shrug:

:lol: :lol:

SzavayFi
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I like Tracy because she is so positive toward Danka ;) :p :D

RenaSlam.
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:01 AM
At least Tracy stepped in when Ted was being a dumbass...

Ted said something about Maria's movement being like Venus Williams'...and Tracy was quick to slam the door in his face about that one...LOL.

ampers&
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:04 AM

Ted said something about Maria's movement being like Venus Williams'...and Tracy was quick to slam the door in his face about that one...LOL.
Yeah, but that was it.
Other than correcting Robinson on that stupid comment, she still was hailing Sharapova like she's the best thing that ever happened to women's tennis. :rolleyes:

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Wasn't she a mentor to Hantuchova? I remeber they ahd some sort of connection but I can't remeber exactly what it was....that's probbaly why she's so positive towards her...

Veenut
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Thank God I was spared the agony because I didn't watch and don't intend to until Semis perhaps. I told you guys last year she was so nauseating, that a barffing bag has become a necessity when you listen to her. :fiery:

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Tracy Austin and Maria played very similar games except for the serve. THey have very similar strokes because Lansdorp taught them, are both tough as nails mentally, and overperformed early in their careers. When it comes down to it, Maria will win 4-5 majors, be no.1 on and off, and win a lot of tour titles. She isn't as good as everyone thinks she is. Venus and Serena will end their careers FAR ahead of Sharapova in terms of tennis accomplishments.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Oh thank GOD someone made this thread before me. Can you say BIASED! She said something about Maria having a complete game - then moments latter Maria attempts a back hand slice that lands somewhere in the middle of the net (she never tried it again). After this tracy says 'Oh maria, that isn't your bread an butter'. Well if she has such a complete game... ugh! I hope she wipes her mouth up, considering all that shit that's falling out. She also said Maria was the best fighter in the womens game ... So I guess justine died before this match. This great fighter was beaten 6-0, 6-0 and whimpered even during her thrashing by Venus.

That man she was commentating with is even worse. It was more frustrating listening to these two, that watching eleni.

They are BAD commentators. Very biased.

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:45 AM

Yea, she said something to the extent that she (Maria) does not approach Venus...in that department

But still, she is very repetitive and annoying

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:49 AM
The obvious BIAS here is that those who complain about Tracy's commentary obviously didn't hear what they wanted about their favs. Had Tracy said the same things about your favs, you'd think Tracy was great.

So what? Tracy thinks Sharapova is the best thing since peanut butter. That's her opinion, of which you are not entitled to change.

Its called Freedom of Speech.

Dawn Marie
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:51 AM
I actually yelled out loud and said SHUT UP!! I wanted to watch tennis and commentary and not to hear a bunch of lies. Masha is overrated and still has not went through an entire tourney playing a real tennis field. It's not Masha's fault but all the lies are driving me to tears.

Tracey please cool it,and on a positive note I respect Mary Jo more now.

p.s. thanks Tracey for telling one truth when you stated that Venus was in her own league or something to that effect when Ted mention how quick Masha was and comparing her to Venus. She sure shut his ass up with a truth, which was quite shocking.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:51 AM

Not when you're supposed to be a unbiased commentator. You can't just start rooting for whoever you want.

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:52 AM
:lol:

Bunch of bitter, bitter people.

xan
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:53 AM
The sour grapes are growing in big bunches around here! :rolleyes:

Tracy says what she thinks. She predicted Maria would beat Serena at Wimbledon 04, when everyone else thought she was crazy. She knows her stuff.

Hazy
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:53 AM

It's just as much freedom speech to call her on her bullshit.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:55 AM

Tracy says what she thinks. She predicted Maria would beat Serena at Wimbledon 04, when everyone else thought she was crazy. She knows her stuff.

How did she predict this year's semis for Maria? I think she said Maria would win. She sure knows her stuff!!!

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:57 AM
The obvious BIAS here is that those who complain about Tracy's commentary obviously didn't hear what they wanted about their favs. Had Tracy said the same things about your favs, you'd think Tracy was great.

So what? Tracy thinks Sharapova is the best thing since peanut butter. That's her opinion, of which you are not entitled to change.

Commentators should be UNBIASED! That's part of the job description. Who wants to know her personal opinions. This wasn't 'an interview with Ms. Austin'. She's not paid to do personal opinions.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Commentators should be UNBIASED! That's part of the job description. Who wants to know her personal opinions. This wasn't 'an interview with Ms. Austin'. She's not paid to do personal opinions.

Journalists are supposed to be unbiased. NOT tennis commentators. Tracy is not representing herself as a journalist. She is paid well to give her personal opinions.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Not when you're supposed to be a unbiased commentator. You can't just start rooting for whoever you want.

Tracy is not representing herself as a journalist. She can be as biased as she chooses as a tennis commentator/analyst.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Tracy is not representing herself as a journalist. She can be as biased as she chooses as a tennis commentator/analyst.

Commentators are suppose to be unbiased. She also writes articles for NBC Sports.

TeamUSA#1
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:02 AM

Actually, they are paid to have an opinion and to talk about it. There is NOTHING in her or any other commentators contract about being unbiased. The networks want them to be biased, to share their point of view. Thinking that they should be neutral in every comment is niave...

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:02 AM

You took the words rite out my my mouth

jfk
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Tracy doesn't seem overly into Maria to me. I mean, it's a Maria nighttime match. What else will they talk about? The announcers are fawning a lot more over Agassi.....deservedly.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Journalists are supposed to be unbiased. NOT tennis commentators. Tracy is not representing herself as a journalist. She is paid well to give her personal opinions.

However biased? Say for example, you're doing an essay or exam - and they ask for your commentary. Do you, give a one sided piece? You get half the marks for that if any. You need to make it as level as possible.

Journalists should be unbiased and so should commentators at least by definition. She is not a good commentator. She even tried to put down Amelie and Kim for not having slams when they were number one, in order to boost Maria's number one stint. That was unnecessary and unfair. She's a bad commentator.

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:08 AM
The obvious BIAS here is that those who complain about Tracy's commentary obviously didn't hear what they wanted about their favs. Had Tracy said the same things about your favs, you'd think Tracy was great..

Not me. She said something positive about Venus, I still say she is repetitive and annoying. Objectively, she is really annoying

We are aslo entitled to use the same freedom of speech to criticize the way she is doing her job as a commentator. After all, we are part the consumers USA Network is selling their product to.
You also have the freedom of speech to support her as well by disagreeing with my post and other of similar vieiw on this topic.
I guess the only unwritten rule is we have to be civil to each other.

ezekiel
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:11 AM

Tracy is a color commentator which basically means being controversial and I find her amusing for the job she does where of course I don't agree with her much but she is knowledgeable and tries to apply it in her broadcast

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Actually, they are paid to have an opinion and to talk about it. There is NOTHING in her or any other commentators contract about being unbiased. The networks want them to be biased, to share their point of view. Thinking that they should be neutral in every comment is niave...

Well i'm sorry that's how they do things. I have more respect for Mary Jo fernandez, who had the backbone to disagree with the host commentator, when he showed bias. Sue barker is unbiased, Virginia wade is unbiased, Jimmy connors is unbiased and so on (from what i have seen), and that's what makes them good commentators

Where is your proof there is nothing in the contract about being unbiased - show me.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion - but why twist everything to suit one player. That is BAD commentary.

Rexman
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:13 AM
I actually thought Tracy was up the butt of both Maria and Venus personally. Not so much Serena but I wasn't really paying attention during that match.

TeamUSA#1
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:14 AM
However biased? Say for example, you're doing an essay or exam - and they ask for your commentary. Do you, give a one sided piece? You get half the marks for that if any. You need to make it as level as possible.

Journalists should be unbiased and so should commentators at least by definition. She is not a good commentator. She even tried to put down Amelie and Kim for not having slams when they were number one, in order to boost Maria's number one stint. That was unnecessary and unfair. She's a bad commentator.

Bad arguement here... if you are tasked with writing an essay to give your commentary, your opinion, then you should be making an arguement for your point of view, not paying homage to the competing point of view. If anything, YOU WOULD BE RIPPING THE OPPOSSING POINT OF VIEW.

What sports commentator is UNBIASED??? NONE!!!!!! During a football game the commentators pick a team to win and pump up their good play, same in hockey, baseball, basketball, etc... Sometimes there is a commentator with an opposing view, and then the 2 have some banter back and forth, which is usually entertaining, but commentators are DEFINATELY PAID TO HAVE AN OPINION AND SPEAK ABOUT IT.

And comments about Amelie and Kim are spot on (and I am a HUGE Kimmie fan)--- being #1 without a slam vs. being #1 and having won a slam is less impressive and completely fair.

ezekiel
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Not me. She said something positive about Venus, I still say she repetitive and annoying. Objectively, she is really annoying

We are aslo entitled to use the same freedom of speech to criticize the way she is doing her job as a commentator. After all, we are part the consumers USA Network is selling their product to.
You also have the freedom to support her as well.
She is a Color_commentator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_commentator). That's why she is usually paired up with an older male counterpart

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Tracy is a color commentator which basically means being controversial and I find her amusing for the job she does where of course I don't agree with her much but she is knowledgeable and tries to apply it in her broadcast

Well i consider part of being controversial - being bold. She wasn't bold at all. She retold Maria's sad sad story, called her the most comlete player, said it was horrible her number one was taken away from her so soon and how deserving it was.... compared with Amelie and Kim (emphasising their slamlessness). It's taking facts and twisting them to suit one player.

She just seems maria - biased.

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Well i'm sorry that's how they do things. I have more respect for Mary Jo fernandez, who had the backbone to disagree with the host commentator, when he showed bias.

What did Mary Jo disagree about?

Martian Willow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Go Tracy. :dance:

TeamUSA#1
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Well i'm sorry that's how they do things. I have more respect for Mary Jo fernandez, who had the backbone to disagree with the host commentator, when he showed bias. Sue barker is unbiased, Virginia wade is unbiased, Jimmy connors is unbiased and so on (from what i have seen), and that's what makes them good commentators

Where is your proof there is nothing in the contract about being unbiased - show me.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion - but why twist everything to suit one player. That is BAD commentary.

I havent seen or heard a SINGLE commentator who was unbiased. NOT ONE--- they all have their opinions and again, are asked to share them with the audience. Why do you think every major sports reporting web-site, newspaper, etc have had features from columnist disecting the draws and predicting a winner. The commentators are on air COLUMNISTS.

I majored in Journalism in college and now work for a local news paper. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JOURNALIST AND A COLUMNIST.

Journalists report on the news without drawing conclusions or placing blame, etc....

Columnist are paid to write about their opinions and points of view.

That's the difference here folks...................

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Go Tracy. :dance:

I love the dancing. :dance:

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Journalists should be unbiased and so should commentators at least by definition.

Journalists should be unbiased, but Tracy is a commentator. Get over it ;)

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Bad arguement here... if you are tasked with writing an essay to give your commentary, your opinion, then you should be making an arguement for your point of view, not paying homage to the competing point of view. If anything, YOU WOULD BE RIPPING THE OPPOSSING POINT OF VIEW.

What sports commentator is UNBIASED??? NONE!!!!!! During a football game the commentators pick a team to win and pump up their good play, same in hockey, baseball, basketball, etc... Sometimes there is a commentator with an opposing view, and then the 2 have some banter back and forth, which is usually entertaining, but commentators are DEFINATELY PAID TO HAVE AN OPINION AND SPEAK ABOUT IT.

And comments about Amelie and Kim are spot on (and I am a HUGE Kimmie fan)--- being #1 without a slam vs. being #1 and having won a slam is less impressive and completely fair.

Excuse me, in an essay on a given subject - giving commentary means analysing both sides, pro's and con's. You must do this, and then weigh it up, and give an opinion. Not just try to prove your opinion is correct by shredding the opposing view. That is known as BIAS! A good essay on for example abortion - written for a lay person, would analyse pro's and cons - leaving THEM (the reader to decide). If you're writing as a pro-abortion campaigner, then you would used the biased method. YOUR method. The ideal commentator, must speak as though talking to a lay person new to tennis. Tracy, used her bias - went in pro- maria, and just tried to make her look good at any opportunity = BIASED!

CONT-D

pav
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Tracey is bad enough,but nothing is worse than short stepping bloody Agassi
on court and that droaning voice of johnny mac fair whacking himself over Him.

Person on the radio here ripping into Serena, calling Her some sort of cow because reporter from N.Y. said She had Her start time put back,and still moaned that She didn't have time to fasten Her earrings, He just repeated it ,a stuck up cow, said He didn't care if She was black, white ,or bloody purple.

Have to go and work now cause can't watch Wetahead

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Commentators are suppose to be unbiased. She also writes articles for NBC Sports.

Journalists are supposed to be unbiased. Not commentators/analysts...they give personal opinions.

Tracy's articles for NBC Sports are the same type as John Wortheim's for Sports Illustrated. Tracy Austin has never represented herself as a journalist, and neither has John Wortheim.

Get over it. ;)

ezekiel
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Well i consider part of being controversial - being bold. She wasn't bold at all. She retold Maria's sad sad story, called her the most comlete player, said it was horrible her number one was taken away from her so soon and how deserving it was.... compared with Amelie and Kim (emphasising their slamlessness). It's taking facts and twisting them to suit one player.

She just seems maria - biased.

Let me tell you that being repetetive is annoying no matter what and telling the same story over is plainly unoriginal. However as her job as a color commentator is to add quirky insights and facts, some humor and weird parallels. she is bound to hype the personalities of the game and will emphasasize seemingly minor details.

Believe me if some girls shows up tommorow who is a bigger potential than Maria, Tracy will hype her up and as Kim is a favourite now, she will get hyped enormously as well despite slamlessness

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Journalists should be unbiased, but Tracy is a commentator. Get over it ;)

And commentators should be unbiased. If she wants to join the maria fan club, let he do so, but not ruin the match for viewers by spitting out one sided rubbish!

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:27 AM
It seems as though some of you, in your disdain of Tracy, are attempting to blur the lines between a commentator and a journalist.

Tracy is no different than Wortheim, McEnroe, Carillo, Shriver or any other commentator/analyst that gives their personal opinions of tennis. They don't represent themselves as journalists. They are not employed as journalists. They are employed to give their personal opinions of tennis based upon their experiences in the sport of tennis.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:28 AM
And commentators should be unbiased. If she wants to join the maria fan club, let he do so, but not ruin the match for viewers by spitting out one sided rubbish!

That's Tracy's perrogative. They didn't pay her to make you happy. They pay her to give her opinions.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Let me tell you that being repetetive is annoying no matter what and telling the same story over is plainly unoriginal. However as her job as a color commentator is to add quirky insights and facts, some humor and weird parallels. she is bound to hype the personalities of the game and will emphasasize seemingly minor details.

Believe me if some girls shows up tommorow who is a bigger potential than Maria, Tracy will hype her up and as Kim is a favourite now, she will get hyped enormously as well despite slamlessness

I'm sorry but i found HER unoriginal. There is nothing new and exciting about finding new ways to kiss the Maria marketting machine's behind.

Now this maybe far-fetched, but you want to know what's really original. Someone having the nerve to say Maria = "one-dimensional". That is no lie - and it was said by VIRGINIA WADE after Maria was made to look like an amateur by Justine.

No-one else, feels like saying the obvious. Shame.

ezekiel
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:33 AM

You have always a male commentator with Tracy who is supposedly unbiased and serious. Let Tracy talk her opinions

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:34 AM
That's Tracy's perrogative. They didn't pay her to make you happy. They pay her to give her opinions.

They pay her to COMMENTATE. An activity if done well that shouldn't be an opportunity to kiss one players buttock! I tuned in to a tennis match, and not the Tracy Austin show. Is it awful for me to expect fairness.

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:34 AM

Is she paid to annoy the viewers too??

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79
Not me. She said something positive about Venus, I still say she repetitive and annoying. Objectively, she is really annoying

You also have the freedom to support her as well.

She is a Color_commentator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_commentator). That's why she is usually paired up with an older male counterpart

Thank you for the link on Color Commentator definition.
She does some of the stuff defined as attribute of her roles.
I am just turned off and annoyed by her repetitivness.
Although I disagree with her bias, I do not base my opinion on that.
I aslo disagree with Mary Carillo on her criticism of Venus and others, but she does not annoy me. And when Mary expresses dispasionate opinion about tennis, she is actually very good.

Tracy has been a very good player, but she is NOT a good commentator.
Marina Hingis tried and probably realized it was not her calling.
Venus would not be good at it either, although Serena might.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:35 AM
You have always a male commentator with Tracy who is supposedly unbiased and serious. Let Tracy talk her opinions

That's what's worse. The male commentator WASN'T unbiased. We had to listen to Maria's fan club. If only ONE could not use a single second to priase how dominant she will be.

morningglory
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:36 AM
my, my, my... looks like the argument is getting philosophical :)
Nah... commentators CAN have faves, but just don't do it too often or go overboard ;)
For example, that Vijay Amtiraj was sure crazy about Sania, hey I don't blame him :)
Trace's fine to me... she has more than one fave, you know :)
Go Tracy!
Lighten up, people

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:45 AM
I havent seen or heard a SINGLE commentator who was unbiased. NOT ONE--- they all have their opinions and again, are asked to share them with the audience. Why do you think every major sports reporting web-site, newspaper, etc have had features from columnist disecting the draws and predicting a winner. The commentators are on air COLUMNISTS.

I majored in Journalism in college and now work for a local news paper. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JOURNALIST AND A COLUMNIST.

Journalists report on the news without drawing conclusions or placing blame, etc....

Columnist are paid to write about their opinions and points of view.

That's the difference here folks...................

You haven't heard an unbiased commentator. That must be just awful for you. I have (listed in previous post). Wouldn't it hence be refreshing to have more unbiased commentators?

They only use Tracy, because she's a slam winner. You can't get more experties than a slam winner. Shame - she doesn't show much (Maria has a complete game - comment). Please show me further evidence for "The commentators are on air COLUMNISTS.". From my understanding they are experts.

And it;s funny, many of the male commentators - commentating of mens tennis are fair. Come to the WTA ... it a different story. The same old story.
Just because some commentators write columns, doesn't mean they should take the same skills to every working environment. Let her give her opinions in her column. But when she knows there are fans from both side, some of which aren't fans of Maria - logic should tell her - 'hey, my audience is now varied, so my delivery should not be so monotonous'.

I think this adaptable behavious is what makes a good all round tennis reporter / analyst. She isn't one IMO.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Tracy wasn't even funny. What's amusing about offering endless praise? The funniest part was when the male commentator in absolute shock compared maria to Mike Tyson.

'Wooow, you are ladies, not mike Tyson. What a vicious shot' (about one of her returns.)

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:51 AM
my, my, my... looks like the argument is getting philosophical :)
Nah... commentators CAN have faves, but just don't do it too often or go overboard ;)
For example, that Vijay Amtiraj was sure crazy about Sania, hey I don't blame him :)
Trace's fine to me... she has more than one fave, you know :)
Go Tracy!
Lighten up, people
From people who disagree with Tracy, the argument is not only bias, it is also just her performance as a commentator.
I for one have no problem with her bias. As matter of fact I disagree with Mary Carillo on her oppinion of Venus, but I think she is good at what she does when it comes to tennis.
Interestingly enough, Tracy, who has a far more stellar career than Mary,
is not as good a commentaor as Mary in my opinion.
Tracy turned her time to some kind of scoop fest covering bits and pieces of info she has on each player, it gets boring if she has some kind remote/social association with that player as in the case of Davenport, Maria. She spends so much time talking about their off court activities it gets boring quickly.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:00 AM
That's what's worse. The male commentator WASN'T unbiased. We had to listen to Maria's fan club. If only ONE could not use a single second to priase how dominant she will be.

Marshmellow, didn't know you were such a Maria Hater. Which is what I highly suspect as being your motive for the continued attacks on Tracy.

Celebrate your favs, but don't hate on others. It will make your tennis viewing much more enjoyable.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Marshmellow, didn't know you were such a Maria Hater. Which is what I highly suspect as being your motive for the continued attacks on Tracy.

Celebrate your favs, but don't hate on others. It will make your tennis viewing much more enjoyable.

I'm not a Maria HATER - i'm sure that fragarence thread can at the very least prove it. I HATE they hype. Tracy was hyping her WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. "Complete player" - Just who has she been watching? Maria rarely drop shots, or slices, and looks VERY pleased with herself when she wins a point by not ball bashing. That doesn't sound like a complete player to me! And that name came from a tennis EXPERT!

I find that very annoying. Had tracy not been such a lap-dog, you wouldn't have seen me post her. But she was - and i'm sorry, i lose some respect for her. Complete player is bull, and you know it!

Maira is a good player - but the hype is for her blonde, slim frame, and the millions she makes. She is OVER hyped and that is my opinion. It's the HYPE i hate. She's just a teenage girl.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:45 AM
SHUT UP!!!

She talks like Sharapova is the best thing since sliced bread :rolleyes: I mean come on already...enough is enough...im annoyed by her anyone else??

Don't you finish understanding? She is biased. Despite the fact that she was a very good tennis, she believes Maria Sharapova will be the same or better than her. This comes mostly cause of her coach, Robert Lansdorp.

When you really have that low inteliigence.. and her charm is gone... she has to talk about something. I really prefer her just to stay quiet. The information she gives is for the most part and times very biased and innacurate.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:50 AM
I love the dancing. :dance: :banana:

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Don't you finish understanding? She is biased. Despite the fact that she was a very good tennis, she believes Maria Sharapova will be the same or better than her. This comes mostly cause of her coach, Robert Lansdorp.

When you really have that low inteliigence.. and her charm is gone... she has to talk about something. I really prefer her just to stay quiet. The information she gives is for the most part and times very biased and innacurate.

This coming from a Sharapova fan :eek: I applaud u!! :bigclap:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:58 AM

Well.. I try to be objective and not subjective.

It is true she is ignorant and obviously she is trying to emulate a good analyst. She didn't study for it. She is a person who is instict dependant, thus, her strategical mind lies more in the unconscious side of her brain. She has to do something to keep her job, otherwise, she will be working for tennis magazine. She tries to explain what Robert Lansdorp intended her to do. She thinks Maria is just like her, and she really thinks she is, or actually was, the big deal. So in summary, she tries to make some of the infancy fables and children stories to keep her job. Sadly many people fall.

I am a very good anthropologist, huh? :p

Sun*Kissed
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Her voice just annoys me in general. I didn't watch the match but between sharapova's mewling and tracy's alledged worshipping, that would be my own personal hell. Gimme some mary jo and pam

Berlin_Calling
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Tracy is awesome.

thedlr
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:34 AM
This is my understanding of it. OK so you have your "play-by-play" commentator and you have your "color" commentator. The "play-by-play" person is mainly objective and tells it how it is (with some sensationalism thrown in). However, the "color" commentators are paid for their "expert" opinion. This does not mean they are necessarily correct. But it's their opinion and can be inherently biased. Have you ever heard Charles Barkley for the NBA? Whoah is he way off and boy does he contradict himself a lot.

Having said that, I do get annoyed at commentators sometimes and I see where some of you people are coming from.

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!! - Dz™ - !!!

Although I do not totally agree with !!! - Dz™ - !!! p charterization of Tracy as low intelligence, I too respect him/her for the position expressed here.
I think it comes to a point where someone who started out with the best of intention become a liability in the eyes of some. And I think Tracy has reached that point in the eyes of someone like !!!P and other Sharapova fans.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Tracy is awesome.

Tarcy Austin. Terrible commentator. Killer on the court.

thelittlestelf
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Her commentary is kind of lame, but I always read her predictions because they're always the most accurate.

SelesFan70
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Just because Tracy Austin doesn't kiss *insert player name here* ass as much as you do on a message board :rolleyes: doesn't make her a bad commentator. Go, Tracy! :banana:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Tracy isn't that bad. She is WAY easier to stomach than Mary Bitchillo. At least Tracy actually knows about tennis, where Mary just half asses everything and tries to sound intelligent.

TennisChick227
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:16 AM
At least Tracy actually knows about tennis, where Mary just half asses everything and tries to sound intelligent.

Mary Carillo doesn't know tennis :rolleyes: she's one of the better commentators..imo

dukeblue5
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:25 AM
People saying that journalists should be unbiased are a joke. Journalists write editorials...which are opinion pieces, they don't just write news...dur!

But anyways Tracy Austin is a dumb cow... I do believe, however, that she is within her own right to say the crap that comes out of her mouth.

tennisrox
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:32 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maria moves like Venus?SHUT UP!!! :tape:

Tracy austen is one person i would seriously like to kill :angel: .She is so ANNOYING! :fiery:

marmite1
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Obviously journalists are supposed to be as unbiased as possible, however they are going to have opinion. I get annoyed when the opinions they spurt out are absolute rubbish.

That being said i only dislike Tracy because it seems that she whines all the time, could just be the accent. Im kind of glad they dont have her on BBC sport all the time. I prefer Sue Barker, she is a great presenter.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Mary Carillo doesn't know tennis :rolleyes: she's one of the better commentators..imo

If she does know about tennis, she sure doesn't act like it. She is very negative and gossipy. Nothing is ever insightful, although she attempts to be.

oddkayla
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM

She knows her stuff the same way she did when she said Maria would defeat Serena in Australia! Or the same way she said Maria would beat Venus at Wimbledon!

oddkayla
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:58 AM
People saying that journalists should be unbiased are a joke. Journalists write editorials...which are opinion pieces, they don't just write news...dur!

But anyways Tracy Austin is a dumb cow... I do believe, however, that she is within her own right to say the crap that comes out of her mouth.

Commentating is about giving personal opinions and insight. It is assumed that former tennis players know a lot about tennis, what it takes to succeed, and move colourful gossip about what goes on on tour.

Having said that, they should also temper their commentary with facts and balance, to give them and the network they represent more credibility. And that is where they fail, because to hear them, you'd think Maria wins everything on sight, and that she never loses a match! or she is such a wunderkid, ala Martina Hingis, and she is not. She is a great player, but is she the best player?

Chrissie-fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Now this maybe far-fetched, but you want to know what's really original. Someone having the nerve to say Maria = "one-dimensional". That is no lie - and it was said by VIRGINIA WADE after Maria was made to look like an amateur by Justine.

No-one else, feels like saying the obvious. Shame.

Maybe Sharapova's fans could argue that Virginia Wade isn't unbiased either then,and is kissing Juntine Henin's ass. :lol: :smoke:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:22 PM

I agree with that. I as a fan don't have to agree with what Austin,Shriver,Carillo,Evert,Wade,Connors,McEnroe or Becker have to say,but when they are there in that commentators box I want to know what their opinions are. Otherwise there's no point of having them on the team anyway. Any idiot can say,"the score is 30-0" or "she hit that backhand in the net." :smoke:

TomTennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
lmao....this thread! lol!

goldenlox
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Imagine, she did the Rogers Cup commentating for the ENTIRE week. And I saw her one afternoon, and she was major bitch declining an autograph to a little kid. And talking to people because she had to be friendly on camera. But the second the shutter closed, she was running off back to her hotel.If this is true, Tracy Austin is a creep.

darrinbaker00
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:30 PM
During the broadcast of Serena's first-round match yesterday, Tracy Austin said that it was "exciting" that Venus and Serena were scheduled to meet in the fourth round this year after playing in so many Grand Slam finals in the past. I was waiting for Bill Macatee to ask her what she meant by that, but I guess I should have known better.

dansnewbeg
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I think she's a great commentator who gives reasonable comments.

I too noticed and thought it interesting when she emphasized to Ted that Maria is nowhere close to Venus Williams in the movement department. If she hadn't made that comment, folks would be bashing her for letting Ted's words go.

pigam
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:42 PM
what annoys me most about her (and I only have to put up with her during wimbledon ==> BBC) is the sound of her voice. It's like listening to "the nanny" ahhhhhhhhhh!!

Do you americans have Jimmy Connors? he commentated on the BBc during wimbledon and he was awesome IMhumbleO. Very respectfulla and actually talking about tennis :eek:

don't worry too much about Tracy. In belgium we have some baaaaaad commentators too.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Do you americans have Jimmy Connors? he commentated on the BBc during wimbledon and he was awesome IMhumbleO. Very respectfulla and actually talking about tennis :eek:

I agree. Connors was great. I like McEnroe too,but Connors was best. Among the females I prefer Pam Shriver over Austin. Not that I find Austin annoying,but Pam's better IMO and more pleasant to listen to. :smoke:

raquel
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Tracy is annoying. I'm glad we only get her here during Wimbledon. Last year she was OK but this year she was constantly saying things like "Last year when I predicted Sharapova would win" or "I knew she could beat Serena". Pam was sitting next to her a couple of times and you could see Pam was sick of Tracy's 'I told you so' attitude.

And Tracy's forehead is looking tighter than ever. I think the botox is addling her mind. Watching her play seniors doubles at Wimbledon this year though was total comedy so she has her uses.

Fingon
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Tracy is indeed very repetitive and can be annoying at times.

But at least she has a clue about tennis, unlike most of the others including Pam, Mary Jo, Mal Washington (he puts me to sleep), Ted Robinson, Jim Courier, etc.

I prefer her repetitiveness to the constant bitching by Pam. Pam is the same about Davenport by the way.

Ted Robinson? I never could understand why he is there, he knows nothing about tennis, is an asshole, his voice tone is annoying, always says the wrong thing at the wrong time, speaks too much, etc (pretty much like Pam, they should get married and get a honeymoon in a volcano crater).

Then you have Patrick McEnroe pissing his pants every time Federer hits a ball (I like Federer btw).

Jim Courier pissing his pants every time ANY male player is shown.

Chris Evert that made it hard to believe she ever played tennis because she had no clue and was more interested in talking about herself.

So, really, as annoying as Tracy and Johnnie Mac can be, they are by far the best.

Fingon
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I agree. Connors was great. I like McEnroe too,but Connors was best. Among the females I prefer Pam Shriver over Austin. Not that I find Austin annoying,but Pam's better IMO and more pleasant to listen to. :smoke:

Pam pleasant to listen to? :eek: I prefer someone hitting my fingers with a hammer, Pam is the most annoying commentator ever, at any sport in any country.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:14 PM
She's mute material. Hate her during Wimbledon when she works for BBC.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:19 PM
She annoys me during Wimbledon, her voice just grinds :fiery:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:21 PM

And John Lloyd was the only one going for Venus to beat Maria at Wimbledon. Still doesn't mean he knows a lot!

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Maybe Sharapova's fans could argue that Virginia Wade isn't unbiased either then,and is kissing Juntine Henin's ass. :lol: :smoke:

They couldn't. She offered Maria a good amount of praise, and then offered some criticisms of her game, and each players strengths and weakness. She was fair, and object. At wimbledon, she was pretty cross with Myskina and said exactly what she thought of her chances. (Which i thought was very original) and yet managed to offer Myskina's pros, emphasising how much better she could play. Virginia wade was balanced.

No argument. Wade over Austin any day. Jimmy connors too was very good. Even though sue barker doesn't commentate during matches, she's good at her hosting Job, because she is balanced in her questioning. Looks at the pros and cons. She doesn't just sing praises. i remeber when she basically called Serena over confident, even though she's usually impressed by her.

Had it been Tracy - Sharapova, she's have probably just said something like 'Oh well she believes in her abilities. that's remarkable for someone so young - just brilliant'.

Call me old fashioned, but i like balance and objectivity.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM
"right from the get-go"

"maria went to the acadmey on her dads bike"

"maria left russia"

:shudders: :scared:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM
During the broadcast of Serena's first-round match yesterday, Tracy Austin said that it was "exciting" that Venus and Serena were scheduled to meet in the fourth round this year after playing in so many Grand Slam finals in the past. I was waiting for Bill Macatee to ask her what she meant by that, but I guess I should have known better.

That's right she did say that. You can see she biased, because what truely objective tennis fan gets excited about two top players meeting early in a GS?

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Oh thank GOD someone made this thread before me. Can you say BIASED! She said something about Maria having a complete game - then moments latter Maria attempts a back hand slice that lands somewhere in the middle of the net (she never tried it again). After this tracy says 'Oh maria, that isn't your bread an butter'. Well if she has such a complete game... ugh! I hope she wipes her mouth up, considering all that shit that's falling out. She also said Maria was the best fighter in the womens game ... So I guess justine died before this match. This great fighter was beaten 6-0, 6-0 and whimpered even during her thrashing by Venus.

That man she was commentating with is even worse. It was more frustrating listening to these two, that watching eleni.

They are BAD commentators. Very biased.
:worship: :worship: :worship:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Tracey is bad enough,but nothing is worse than short stepping bloody Agassi
on court and that droaning voice of johnny mac fair whacking himself over Him.

Person on the radio here ripping into Serena, calling Her some sort of cow because reporter from N.Y. said She had Her start time put back,and still moaned that She didn't have time to fasten Her earrings, He just repeated it ,a stuck up cow, said He didn't care if She was black, white ,or bloody purple.

Have to go and work now cause can't watch Wetahead
Are you sure those aren't YOUR comments? :rolleyes:

Brooks.
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Tracy Austin likes attention.....she's an attention whore.....she made all those comments about Venus and Serena last year at the Open b/c she knew it would get media attention.and then she wanted to play little victim when Richard called her out for being the idiot that she is....for whatever reason in her mind sharapova can do no wrong (and did anyone catch her little remark about yuri....."he doesnt take the attention away from maria like some other tennis fathers"......oh please shut the fuck up bitch....maria's father is a classless pig who milks his daughter for everything she is worth).....oh and i love how when asked whether there were in any improvements from Serena since wimbledon she said "no"......honestly how freaking stupid and biased can you be :rolleyes:

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Tracy Austin likes attention.....she's an attention whore.....she made all those comments about Venus and Serena last year at the Open b/c she knew it would get media attention.and then she wanted to play little victim when Richard called her out for being the idiot that she is....for whatever reason in her mind sharapova can do no wrong (and did anyone catch her little remark about yuri....."he doesnt take the attention away from maria like some other tennis fathers"......oh please shut the fuck up bitch....maria's father is a classless pig who milks his daughter for everything she is worth).....oh and i love how when asked whether there were in any improvements from Serena since wimbledon she said "no"......honestly how freaking stupid and biased can you be :rolleyes:
:worship: THANK YOU!!

-VSR-
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:49 PM

:worship: :o Exactly, Tracy Austin is a :fiery: :tape:

Avid Merrion
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:51 PM
And Tracy's forehead is looking tighter than ever. I think the botox is addling her mind. Watching her play seniors doubles at Wimbledon this year though was total comedy so she has her uses.
:lol: :lol: :lol: miaow! but true :lol:

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I liked it when John made a comment during the Sesil-Meghann match about the moonballs and how this match was going back to the old days. Tracy took offense to that and started quoting Chris Evert to prove that she hit the ball hard. Well done John!!!!

lizchris
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I saw the match last night and it seemed that everything Maria did, Tracy made it look like she was the only tennis players who could do it or could ever do it. The only thing she said that unbaised was that Maria 's footwork was nowhere near where Venus' is or was when Venus was 18 (Maria's current age). The fact is that Mara didn't play at that great last night and she was made to look good because her opponent played much worse.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I caught that. I wanted to know what she meant by that too. My sister said, it's one less ****** in the tournament. :lol: However, she never finished her sentence and rightly so. :p

WF4EVER
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Tracy doesn't need Botox. All she has to do is wait for Maria to fart and it'll blow her out just fine.

She is just such a biased disingenuous bitch that it's not funny. She said after Venus bt Maria at Wimby people suddenly started picking her to win. Did she have her hands up when she said this?

Okay, I will give her credit for putting that dumbass Ted straight because I don't know where on planet earth he sees that bitch Maria moving as well as Venus. Eleni was employing Venus' strategy by moving Maria around but she herself is quite slow-footed.

I really hate her and Ted as commentators. He really really does not endear me with his voice and he does not talk like someone who's played professional tennis before.

Are the commentators really allowed to show bias?. I thought the idea was to give the listeners an unbiased view of what was going on rather than slobbering over a particular side. Why don't I just turn the volume off and commentate for myself? Who cares who they like? I just want the facts.

Jim Courier is really driving me crazy? I just know he had a hard-on yesterday when Nadal came out. I said to myself, OMG, he he comes with his slobbering. And now he's feated his eyes on poor Monfils; he can't stop talking about what a good specimen he is. I really wish he'd be little more unbiased, instead of making it so obvious how much he likes to look at the men's bodies.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:11 PM
So true. Every other commentator said that Serena looked much more fit than at Wimby, but she said she didn't look any different. Has she gone blind? :lol:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Jim Courier is really driving me crazy? I just know he had a hard-on yesterday when Nadal came out. I said to myself, OMG, he he comes with his slobbering. And now he's feated his eyes on poor Monfils; he can't stop talking about what a good specimen he is. I really wish he'd be little more unbiased, instead of making it so obvious how much he likes to look at the men's bodies.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Who I think is a very objective commentator and though you wouldn't think so, is Martina Hingis. She knows the game is not afraid to say anything. She lavishes praise and criticism equally amongst all of the players. But, you have to listen carefully, because sometimes because of her accent, it's very hard to understand her.

Helen Lawson
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
The last time I saw Tracy on TV, she looked like she'd had a face-lift. From what I recall, it was a little tight, but it did take the years off.

She's the least annoying of the bunch, which isn't saying much. I mute Pam. Mary Jo, depends on my mood and who's playing whether she gets the mute. I like Cliff.

I used to LOVE Chrissie. It was pretty clear she made no effort to keep up with the current crop of dames and had little to say about their matches, but I was always interested in her stories about when she played, so I thought she was fine. But as a commentator, it was pretty bad, though you have to kind of laugh that she made no effort to hide this, or pretty much her lack of interest in the game at all. I think she found Hingis mildly interesting, but I got the distinct impression she didn't care two hoots about the game today, or the players.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Who I think is a very objective commentator and though you wouldn't think so, is Martina Hingis. She knows the game is not afraid to say anything. She lavishes praise and criticism equally amongst all of the players. But, you have to listen carefully, because sometimes because of her accent, it's very hard to understand her.

Cliff and Mary Jo Fernandez had her in the box at Miami during the Venus/Sharapova match, and she was very objective and didn't have anything negative to say about any of the players including the sisters. She went on to talk about how Serena doesn't give any points away for free, and how she has a monster serve and can back it up with groundstrokes. She also said she thought Clijsters would end the season at #1, and also said some nice words about Henin-Hardenne and Venus.

LUIS9
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:28 PM
what annoys me most about her (and I only have to put up with her during wimbledon ==> BBC) is the sound of her voice. It's like listening to "the nanny" ahhhhhhhhhh!!

don't worry too much about Tracy. In belgium we have some baaaaaad commentators too.

See I knew it was something about her voice, so annoying and whinny. For some reason I have a lot more respect for Shriver and Mary Joe as commentators and their respective voices arent as annoying, while shriver seems very biased most of the time. The John Mcenroe Mary Carillo duo is the one I enjoy the most.

darrinbaker00
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Cliff and Mary Jo Fernandez had her in the box at Miami during the Venus/Sharapova match, and she was very objective and didn't have anything negative to say about any of the players including the sisters. She went on to talk about how Serena doesn't give any points away for free, and how she has a monster serve and can back it up with groundstrokes. She also said she thought Clijsters would end the season at #1, and also said some nice words about Henin-Hardenne and Venus.
If I were an exec at ESPN, I'd keep Cliff Drysdale away from Mary Joe Fernandez and (especially) Pam Shriver. I don't think it's a coincidence that those two have been birthing babies on the regular. :devil:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:38 PM
If I were an exec at ESPN, I'd keep Cliff Drysdale away from Mary Joe Fernandez and (especially) Pam Shriver. I don't think it's a coincidence that those two have been birthing babies on the regular. :devil:

Brooks.
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:39 PM

I've always gotten the gay vibe from Cliff :tape: ....him and P-Mac always seem like they are in thier own little world :o

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I've always gotten the gay vibe from Cliff :tape: ....him and P-Mac always seem like they are in thier own little world :o
:o Y'all should be ashamed. I do think Pat has a little sugar in his tank though.

Helen Lawson
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I get a tremendous gay vibe from Courier when he's commentating, but I saw him play in person once and I didn't get a gay vibe at all. I got a distinct asshole vibe, but a straight one.

Remember that story Chrissie used to tell about how she got a personal phone call from Heidi Graf and was invited to a heavy clambake chez Steffi? Come on, Heidi would never call Mary Joe or that awful Shriver woman. Maybe Chrissie will come back we need some more barbeque stories.

darrinbaker00
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I think you need to get your gaydar checked, my friend. When Cliff was on the tour, he was the Marat Safin of his day.

darrinbaker00
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:46 PM
:o Y'all should be ashamed. I do think Pat has a little sugar in his tank though.
Fortunately for Pat, his wife doesn't share your opinion. Then again, maybe she does..... :tape:

brickhousesupporter
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:59 PM
I think you need to get your gaydar checked, my friend. When Cliff was on the tour, he was the Marat Safin of his day.

Being attractive has nothing to do with it. Does he have any kids? Has he been married. If he was slinging dick around the tennis tour somebody should have been knocked up by now. I don't know if he is gay, but I know he tends to commentate on how attractive a male player is.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I get a tremendous gay vibe from Courier when he's commentating, but I saw him play in person once and I didn't get a gay vibe at all. I got a distinct asshole vibe, but a straight one.

Remember that story Chrissie used to tell about how she got a personal phone call from Heidi Graf and was invited to a heavy clambake chez Steffi? Come on, Heidi would never call Mary Joe or that awful Shriver woman. Maybe Chrissie will come back we need some more barbeque stories.
Yeah, he definitely seems to be an incredible asshole and you don't even have to see him in person to feel that. ;)

deja_entendu
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:34 PM
interesting... if you see venus or serena in someone's avatar, they are surely complaining about tracy complimenting maria :eek:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:36 PM
interesting... if you see venus or serena in someone's avatar, they are surely complaining about tracy complimenting maria :eek:
That is such a lie. :rolleyes:

I wonder why Williams haters make up lies just to stir shit up.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:56 PM

Theory has little substance! Futher, i like how you call it complimenting. I prefer - planting her lips into Maria's buttock. There is a difference.

Williams sisters fans can't be blamed for everything.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:06 PM
People saying that journalists should be unbiased are a joke.

Well they SHOULD BE ideally, but in reality they aren't. They like to sensationalise in order to sell stories. That is the most important thing - selling the story. But unless it's an editorial, a journalists report - shouldn't have opinion. If it does, it should be well disguised.

A journalists code ideally is 'Gruadian of the people' - serving the people. So giving out right personal opinions ideal should't be done.

But we know better.

Aphrodite
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:17 PM
SHUT UP!!!

Tracy Austin had the same coach that Maria has so that is why she probably constantly talks and talks.

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:26 PM

Look who's complaining about stirring shit. And in a thread created to bash Maria as well as a commentator who complimented her.:lol:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Look who's complaining about stirring shit. And in a thread created to bash Maria as well as a commentator who complimented her.:lol:
Oh goody, another personal attack. :)

In order for the perpetuation of this lie not to escalate, please show me or better yet, do a search and link us all to all the shit stirring threads I've created. Please also link us to all the shit stirring posts I've made. And, do you consider people having opinions and posting them shit stirrers? Better yet, please give us all the definition of a shit stirrer.

Let me ask you something jacob, did I bash Maria in this thread? Did the person I called a liar tell the truth or did he lie. Did other people besides posters with the WS in their avatar say something bad about Tracy, as well as Maria?

Seems to me you are one of the biggest, if not the biggest shit stirrer of them all, especially with it having anything to do with the name Williams.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:48 PM

Thsi thread wasn't created to bash Maria. It was to call Ms Austin on her Bias. Maria would come into the equation as she was Tracies subject of Bias. It was annoying to listen to. Claiming Maria is over hyped is nothing new anywhere. If anything, the hype is what is being bashed.

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Oh goody, another personal attack. :)

In order for the perpetuation of this lie not to escalate, please show me or better yet, do a search and link us all to all the shit stirring threads I've created. Please also link us to all the shit stirring posts I've made. And, do you consider people having opinions and posting them shit stirrers? Better yet, please give us all the definition of a shit stirrer.

Let me ask you something jacob, did I bash Maria in this thread? Did the person I called a liar tell the truth or did he lie. Did other people besides posters with the WS in their avatar say something bad about Tracy, as well as Maria?

Seems to me you are one of the biggest, if not the biggest shit stirrer of them all, especially with it having anything to do with the name Williams.

:haha:
So provide a link to any Williams shit-stirring I have posted, Denise.

You won't be able to,so I'll add that you can say anything, make any amount of excuses, ask a hundred meaningless questions and the fact remains that you are a self-proclaimed "Maria-hater" and have posted ad nauseam concerning your hatred of the girl. You aren't naive enough to actually think the people on this board don't realize that, are you? Or don't you have the integrity to admit it?

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:18 PM
:haha:
So provide a link to any Williams shit-stirring I have posted, Denise.

You won't be able to,so I'll add that you can say anything, make any amount of excuses, ask a hundred meaningless questions and the fact remains that you are a self-proclaimed "Maria-hater" and have posted ad nauseam concerning your hatred of the girl. You aren't naive enough to actually think the people on this board don't realize that, are you? Or don't you have the integrity to admit it?
That's stupid to say that I don't have the integrity to admit it, since I'm a "self-proclaimed Maria-hater" :retard:. Never denied it. But, when did I say anything against her or Tracy in this thread?

Also, I didn't think I had a hundred questions. If they are too many for you to answer, then pick one.

Oh, give me a minute to post your shit stirring on anything Williams.

Mr Snuggles
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Call me cynical, but if Tracy was butt licking some of the people in this threads favourite player, I imagine they wouldn't have many complaints regarding her commentary as they seem to now. :rolleyes:

griffin
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Call me cynical, but if Tracy was butt licking some of the people in this threads favourite player, I imagine they wouldn't have many complaints regarding her commentary as they seem to now. :rolleyes:

In some cases, yes, but I'd say that the opposite would also be true - some people who are perfectly happy with Ms. Austin would be howling like banshees ;)

Seriously, she did go way overboard - I mean, I don't expect commentators to be unbiased, I really don't. But with Tracy I wanted to tell her to go off to another room for a few private moments, then wash her hands when she was done, and then come back to the booth and get her brain back on the match.

Mr Snuggles
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:51 PM
In some cases, yes, but I'd say that the opposite would also be true - some people who are perfectly happy with Ms. Austin would be howling like banshees ;)

Seriously, she did go way overboard - I mean, I don't expect commentators to be unbiased, I really don't. But with Tracy I wanted to tell her to go off to another room for a few private moments, then wash her hands when she was done, and then come back to the booth and get her brain back on the match.

*Mental images of Tracy and her 'private moment'* :scared:

I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:53 PM

They happen to hate Sharapova at the same time...

jacobruiz
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:39 PM
That's stupid to say that I don't have the integrity to admit it, since I'm a "self-proclaimed Maria-hater" :retard:. Never denied it. But, when did I say anything against her or Tracy in this thread?

Also, I didn't think I had a hundred questions. If they are too many for you to answer, then pick one.

Oh, give me a minute to post your shit stirring on anything Williams.

We were talking about "shit-stirring", which you denied doing in regards to Maria. Of course you know this - as usual, you just spout more insults and avoid the subject.

You know I have never done any shit - stirring on "anything Williams" and you are not going to find anything to back that up.

cheo23
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Go Tracy Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Love U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

I have NO problem w/ Tracy Austin....she Knows her Tennis....& she's so Funny

THe Posters in here, just Love to HATE Everything, they disagree w/...& NOw that is Annoying...its like WHATEver & GEt it TOGETHER!!!!!! :o :rolleyes: :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:11 PM
Anyone watching the Davenport match last night hear her comment on how amazing the Hype serve it?

Loves it.

Mercredi
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:30 PM
She was asked a question about Kim Clijsters, she answered about Sharapova I swear!

daffodil
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:32 PM
I've been annoyed by her for the entire year.
Her mouth is planted so far up Sharapova's ass, it's not even funny...

I hate to say it, but all the commentators are planted up Sharapova's butt....Maybe it's because she's got spectacular technique, and she's the best in the world. If a hundred people say that they like her because she's amazing....

daffodil
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:36 PM
how do you come up with sliced bread :lol:

It's a figure of speech. Ask your mother.

I like this one my mom gave me: "She's as happy as a pig in shit."

!<blocparty>!
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:36 PM
She was asked a question about Kim Clijsters, she answered about Sharapova I swear!

She was asked what she thought of Kim's chances, and she answered "Maria is a savvy business woman, at 18. She travelled to the academy every day on her fathers bicycle. She was determined from the get go".

Apparently ;)