PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sightly disappointed in Serena's outfit?

tennisIlove09
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Dont get me wrong...I love the color, I love the dress it self...but compared to the past two US Open outfits (the catsuit and the rebel), this one just doesnt seem...as fun? Maybe it's just me.

ampers&
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Dont get me wrong...I love the color, I love the dress it self...but compared to the past two US Open outfits (the catsuit and the rebel), this one just doesnt seem...as fun? Maybe it's just me.
So far, she's has the most innovative outfit (compared with what the other women are wearing). So, no, I'm not disappointed.:shrug:

LeRoy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Not at all .:)

spartanfan
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:11 AM
can someone post a pic please?

Oneofakind0490
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:12 AM
No but Nike outfits suck for her now. THey were alot better. Another reason theya rent as goo is as they are trying to sell them so they can't be exotic.

Andrew..
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Playing in a bikini would impress me much, much more. But for now, this will have to do.

Geisha
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:13 AM
I love this outfit, but the pink doesn't really stand out...

I don't know- it just doesn't seem very "Serena" to me...

...and why is there a white flap of cloth covering her butt- it looks like she's wearing a diaper.

ampers&
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I love this outfit, but the pink doesn't really stand out...

I don't know- it just doesn't seem very "Serena" to me...

...and why is there a white flap of cloth covering her butt- it looks like she's wearing a diaper.
That's what I thought to.
But it's not a flap...the sides of the dress are purple and they sort of blended in with her skin tone or something.

StarDuvallGrant
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:16 AM
For Serena, I like her best when she's not too out there. I loved her Puma line and wish she had stuck with something more like the white/orange lined fit. It complimented her body better than this Nike line. I'm more disappointed with Venus. I like the color change but the word 'classy' is way overused when describing some of her outfits lately. Simple is more like it. I wouldn't mind some of the vibranct energy Serena has in her outfits transferred over to Venus. Especially with her model like body, she could do more than what she's doing or wearing.

ampers&
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:18 AM
For Serena, I like her best when she's not too out there. I loved her Puma line and wish she had stuck with something more like the white/orange lined fit. It complimented her body better than this Nike line. I'm more disappointed with Venus. I like the color change but the word 'classy' is way overused when describing some of her outfits lately. Simple is more like it. I wouldn't mind some of the vibranct energy Serena has in her outfits transferred over to Venus. Especially with her model like body, she could do more than what she's doing or wearing.
Yeah...Venus has worn the same out fit for most of the year.
The only difference now is that it's lavender.
It's still very "meh" to me.

wurzelman
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I preferred last years.

thrust
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Actually, I liked it. It is stylish, colorful and elegant. A bit conservative by Serena^s standards, but very nice

hotandspicey
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Absolutely love it. It suits her well. very calming and serene.

thelittlestelf
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:14 AM
I've been disappointed with most of her nike outfits... I miss Puma :bigcry:

UDiTY
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:16 AM
It's farely boring...Maria's wins in a landslide.:mad:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:20 AM
I like the outfit, it's the best outfit I have seen this tournament and probably will be the best outfit of the tournament (I don't think anyone playing 2mrw will top it).

But somehow I agree that it doesn't feel like the US Open without Serena revealing a daring outfit that grabs everyones attention!

Stamp Paid
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I like it - its not extra. Its a championship winning dress. :)

RenaSlam.
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Bring back the catsuit! Bring back the catsuit! Bring back the catsuit!

And PUMA...for that matter.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:33 AM
She has other outfits that have more color with lavender and deep purple. This dress is a night match dress. She should've worn a skirt and a top today and save the dress for her night matches.

Sportfan
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:33 AM
One of the few outfits I have like on Serena from Nike.

middy
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:55 AM
The most boring outfit she has ever won, I'd take back her Roger Milla outfit over this one

Tennisation
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Serena's a smart guh, she knos she can't be too flashy, i mean, why wear sumthin that's eye catching if u kno u can't win the Open? :shrug: