PDA

View Full Version : Some quotes from Elke at the Diamond Games

Josh
Apr 20th, 2002, 10:28 AM
I just found these and I don't know if somebody posted them already. They are quite interesting.

This week, Elke told the Belgian daily Le Soir that she still clings to the dream of an excellent pro career, but is preparing herself in case of failure. "I want to be better than Kim, but I don't feel any obligation," said Elke. "If I don't make it in tennis I'll go back to school. There is no jealousy, on the contrary, I am proud of my sister."

Against the veteran Schnyder, Elke showed commendable fighting spirit, as well as a hard serve and, unlike her more famous sister, an appealing propensity to move forward. "My technique is not better than Kim's, but it's different," commented Elke after her first round loss. "She plays aggressive, hitting each ball hard. I would rather finish a point at the net."

Lleyki
Apr 20th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Thanx for the quotes, Josh;)

Josh
Apr 20th, 2002, 12:31 PM
You're welcome!

I must say that Elke's serve and net play really impressed me and that's something you don't see often with those new players. They are almost all hard hitting baseliners.

Mazza
Apr 21st, 2002, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the quotes :)

Nice to know that Elke isn't just another Power player but a serve and volley style player. And she has some nice words to say about Kim :)