Peng just isn't there yet. :(

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Emma the Fin is :yeah: :D

another lefty coming up :banana:

hablo
:eek:
I really thought she would go further in the tournament!!

matthias
:lol:
is this the same peng who said she can reach final with a bit fortune?

LeRoy.
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Peng was leading 6-3 5-2 and amanaged to lose :sad: :help:

borisy
She had the "I'm the new queen of hard courts" attitude (called Stevenson syndrome). Good to see her lose and learn a lesson.

stenen
Emma!!!!Onneksi olkoon!!!! :woohoo:

skanky~skanketta
:tape: :o

Slumpsova
:eek: :o :help: :tape: :shrug: :sad:

LeRoy.
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:50 PM

Yeah and she didn't have the luck . Nothing funny about that . She was leading 6-3 5-2 :sad:

pcrtennis
Wow....Shuai this was unexpected...I wanted her to go far in this tournament!

WOW EMMA! FINALLY she has started to get the kind of results I've been waiting for for sooooo long! GO Emma! Beat Schiavone and play Serena so I can watch on TV!

cartmancop
That's too bad for Peng. I was looking forward to her match with Serena....

Libertango
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:51 PM
:sad: :sobbing: :tears: :banghead: :( :fiery: Don't know what to say...

Principessa
:o

jcaprulez
Surprising result. I thought she would atleast get to the third round. I've never heard of laine before so well done to Emma. Great result :yeah:

Slumpsova
can't believe this is the girl once Kim said has a top 5 material :rolleyes: :banghead:

dansnewbeg
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:52 PM
That bums me out. I was hoping she'd duke it out with Serena Williams in the 3rd round.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:53 PM
:sad: a bad loss :o

LeRoy.
can't believe this is the girl once Kim said has a top 5 material :rolleyes: :banghead:

Everyone has a bad day. Too bad today was Shuai's "bad" day. It doesn't mean she isn't talented.

honeyke
omg,i was shocked when i saw the result...uhm,she´s not consistent - bad day,shuai!!!

new-york
omg, now that's a shock, i stop followin the result at 6-3 5-2 thinkin wel done Peng.

"you think you know, but you have no idea":retard:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:55 PM

they say that when they get beat, just to make the other look good.
some just say (i played terrible :tape: )

DevilishAttitude
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Emma :worship: :worship: :worship: THANK YOU!!! ;)

Where's Pengwin :tape:

Thank God this unbearable Peng loving is OVA! Now she can go back to being a nobody again :)

Francesca vs Serena II coming up. *Hopefully* :D :p

skanky~skanketta
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:57 PM
can't believe this is the girl once Kim said has a top 5 material :rolleyes: :banghead:if it makes you feel any better, steffi said the same about lucic. :o

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:57 PM
She had the "I'm the new queen of hard courts" attitude (called Stevenson syndrome). Good to see her lose and learn a lesson.

I don't think she is quite like Alexandra, but her loss is definitely a big surprise. Hoepfully, she can regroup and get back to the drawing board.

Libertango
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Emma :worship: :worship: :worship: THANK YOU!!! ;)

Where's Pengwin :tape:

Thank God this unbearable Peng loving is OVA! Now she can go back to being a nobody again :)

Oh puhleeeez....:rolleyes::fiery:

borisy
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:01 PM
I don't think she is quite like Alexandra, but her loss is definitely a big surprise. Hoepfully, she can regroup and get back to the drawing board.

This girl had to defeat Serena, Venus and Clijsters consecutively in order to reach the semis and she was talking about reaching the final. Ridicilous.

borisy
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM

Probably the fortune she meant was all 63 other players on her side of the draw retiring due to injuries :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blumaroo
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:04 PM
OMG Peng. To Emma Laine? Sigh.

DragonFlame
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:04 PM
LOL that happens when you get cocky, you fall in the first round just like stosur at wimbledon :o owh well, good luck next time and please look at your chances realistically! (the same goes for her coach) ;)

njnetswill
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM
This girl had to defeat Serena, Venus and Clijsters consecutively in order to reach the semis and she was talking about reaching the final. Ridicilous.

Did you even see the original article? Don't let some overly enthusiastic Peng fan 's interpretation of an interview in Chinese make you think Shuai would actually be delusional enough to be that overconfident. If anything, Peng lacks the self belief to win consistently.

Wimbledon_VIP
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM
:(....more shocking than Sveta's exit....

stenen
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:11 PM
WOW EMMA! FINALLY she has started to get the kind of results I've been waiting for for sooooo long! GO Emma!

Me too. I'm not surprised at her win today because she's been playing really solid, good tennis the past few weeks.
Go Emma!!!

bandabou
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
well, well...:lol: :tape:

crazyroberto6767
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
You're criticizing someone who has very poor English and could easily have been misunderstood/mistranslated. Peng :sad:. Good job Laine, you clearly never gave up :)

pcrtennis
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I can't believe everyone is so hard on Shuai Peng..she's very modest...thought she had a good chance to go far, so did I....She's still young and is still improving. She's got all of the tools, she just has to get the consistency down...stop acting like Peng is no good anymore and she'll never win again...it's really quite strange...

Libertango
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Well said pcrtennis....people are so fickle. A player has one good win suddenly they are the next best thing. A player has one bad loss, suddenly they are talentless no-hopers...:rolleyes:

UDiTY
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:32 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

RenaSlam.
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Well you made the final, the final trip out of NYC...:)

Vamos Shuai!

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:40 PM

I'm curious to know why people are against players thinking postively in their chances in big events?

Should it be like the old days when most women would step on the court and know thbey were gonna lose to Chris Evert or Steffi Graf.

Be judgemental fine but hell I'm glad to see so much confidence among the the players in women's tennis.

It makes the sport so much more exciting to watch.

LefandePatty
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Shuaï :eek: :o :help: :(

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Maybe she got ahead of herself and already started thinking about her match against Serena. If so, this should be a good lesson for her.

Well done, Emma! :yeah:

Renaissance
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Well done Emma :lick:

Rocketta
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:24 AM
man disappointing! :( :( :(

Well regroup Shuai....You can do it! :)

auntie janie
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I love to see the emergence of another one of our Challenger girls! Way to go, Emma the Fin!!! :banana:

Don't worry, Shuai! You'll have many more opportunities. :kiss:

drake3781
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Because I cannot believe her bragging on herself. Anyone saying these things about her actually seen her play in person? If so, it would be hard to believe you would think her arrogant and brash.

Wow I'm shocked, I've been waiting for today to start following her through the tournament. Thought she was on to the second round, no problem.

Peng's loss and what happened to Akiko.......... not the way I hoped/thought the Open would get started.

serenafan08
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Dang - and there were so many haters out there who thought that Shuai would upset Serena in the third round. Looks like Shuai will be catching the first flight out of NYC! :bigwave:

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:44 AM
There's no need for Shuai to do it, Serena's going out to someone in the first week...

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:06 AM
I hate to say it but told you so! :p Well done, Emma! :banana:

LeRoy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Peng's loss and what happened to Akiko.......... not the way I hoped/thought the Open would get started. And a Zvonereva win (although expected) to top it off, OMG.

Vera isn't playing the US open :confused:

drake3781
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:35 AM
toward the end of the Peng match... I did think Vera Z was injured..... but I was probably just doing the "glass half empty" after the Peng loss, assumng it was Vera Z. Thanks!

Chunchun
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:35 AM
:retard: who says she can go into final or even winning it? :retard: :tape:

tenn_ace
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:38 AM
I feel sorry for Suai. Her coach was yelling at hew after she comfortably beat J.Schruff in the Pilot Pen qualifying. He probably strangled Suai after this loss :o

Vut
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:16 AM
very disappointing for Shuai... anyway godluck in your next tour

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Horrible result for Shuai. Looks like that win against Kim has made her a little overhyped.

leopard
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Loistavaa, Emma! Anna palaa!!! :worship:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:12 AM
:eek:

Duramont
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Great performance from Emma! :woohoo:

Go girl! :yeah:

mele
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Wuhuu GO Emma Go Girl :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

DevilishAttitude
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM
There's no need for Shuai to do it, Serena's going out to someone in the first week...

Yeah. Your fave Schaivone will beat her :devil: :tape: :lol:

TS
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Amazing how when a young player starts to do well (Mirza and Peng for example), they get all this hate from you dorks :confused:

What is wrong with you people? Why are you all so fucking bitter? Got nothing else to do eh? Thought so.

Peng will be back and will have some great results to look forward to, but I'm sure she feels pretty fucking awful after that loss so cut the kid some slack. Don't know why I bother anyway, it's not really worth it.

korben
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.cosgan.de/smiliegenerator/ablage/44/148.png http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/musik/k015.gif :worship:

Can´t believe all just automaticly assumed that Peng had bad day or is injured or something blaah, blaah.

j_dementieva wrote in his short report that Emma outplayed Peng. Period ! :bounce:

Dexter
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:09 PM
:bowdown: Emma
I expected exit in the 1st round... Well done :yeah:

jan.
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I knew Peng wouldnt have won, shes just too slow..

VRee_Willario
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:09 PM
EMMA!!!! I'm so proud of You!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
She really fought in the second set...
This is her first Grand Slam Maindraw Appearance and what a great one it is :D
Thank you Emma!

Ellery
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Congrats Emma! :yeah: :D

Shuai :mad: :bigcry: :shrug: :hysteric: :crying2:

serenafan08
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Venus is the only one that will beat Serena in the first week, if that's who you're talking about. They both have to get that far first, and I don't see anyone stopping them.

Penglover
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:51 PM
you guys are stupid. I hope all the players you like will be out in these 2 days :lol:

Why you guys didnt talk about the defending champion and molik etc?

you guys are green monsters! Please try to think about... you dont even have a chance to be on t.v! she is still so young. your daven will soon retire... and then no more american players will show up in the final of every touraments anymore. oops, I forgot you guys have a "made in USA" Maria!

Shut up, byotch!

Harju.
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Shuai was actually leading 6-3 5-2 but kudos to Emma for fighting back.

Peng is not done yet. Some people are overhyping her, but she's not that bad really. She emerged from a challenger queen to a top 30 player in less than a year time. Not so bad for an 18 year old. Beside, all her losses this season were mostly to top players (Davenport, Sharapova, Molik, Henin, Pierce). And besides, she might be the only player that able to beat Clijsters on hardcourt this season. Give the girl some credit.

Fingon
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I'm curious to know why people are against players thinking postively in their chances in big events?

Should it be like the old days when most women would step on the court and know thbey were gonna lose to Chris Evert or Steffi Graf.

Be judgemental fine but hell I'm glad to see so much confidence among the the players in women's tennis.

It makes the sport so much more exciting to watch.
there is nothing wrong with a player being confident or thinking positively, but there is a lot of wrong with a player talking non-sense about her chances.
I honestly didn't thinks he was going to lose to Laine, but I know as a fact she wasn't going to reach the US Open final, let alone win it. So far, I haven't seen anything in her that tells me she can win a Grand Slam, she might though but that's probably years away.
If doesn't affect me if she said that or anything else, I think the one hurt is herself, and I don't really blame her but her coach, she is repeating what he said and he is an idiot. I would say she probably should get away from him because he obviously don't have a clue what he is talking about or how to motivate a player. Even if he doesn't believe what he said and only said that to motivate her, it's the totally wrong approach as this loss demonstrates.
Comments like Clijster's saying she is a future top 3 don't help either, I know Clijsters said that as a compliment, but players need to dream, yes, set goals, yes, but keep their feet on earth. Remember Alexandra Stevenson? does it ring a bell?
Interesting enough, they asked Andre Agassi yesterday (and I think Andre kind of know what he is talking about) what's his advise for young players and he said they should set goals that are in front of them. Meaning, don't aim for the moon, you will never reach it and will be dissapointing.
Saying you are going to win the US Open (or might win it) when you haven't won a tournament, and have only 1 or 2 wins over top player will mean only dissapointment for her, because it wasn't going to happen, period, and she is lucky she isn't too high-profile in the US or she would have become a laughing stock.
All of this is not a criticism to her, but rather to her coach, she is young and will learn to keep her mouth shut. It's not being against her but thinking what is best for her, and again, setting high goals is alright, setting stupid goals is not, and saying she could reach the US Open final THIS YEAR, was plain stupid.

Berlin_Calling
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM
wow, some people in this thread are such assholes :rolleyes:

Fingon
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Shuai was actually leading 6-3 5-2 but kudos to Emma for fighting back.

Peng is not done yet. .

she isn't, but she will if she doesn't book a flight back to Earth, soon, preferably leaving her coach in the outer space.

alibaby
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:32 PM
yeah,sad that she bowed out so early...but only a few words to this "chances" debate:as some who already know me will know,i say again and again,i am very careful with reading special things in newspapers!!IMO,many people tend to be believe much too soon,what is written.of course,you cant read a paper and doubt anything!that is pretty plain.so dont get me wrong,its not about ALL that is written,but about certain stories,where you get the strong feeling they are "spiced up" in some way!and,to me,she does not exactly come over as a very big-talking person(also mentioned in her profile on WTA-tour..),so i rather tend to believe she said in another way.

just my thought...

Carmen Mairena
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:04 PM
OMG Shuai! :sad: :tape:

I'm happy for Emma though, she's been having some nice results lately. :kiss:

Caz
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:55 AM
I'm so happy for Emma! She was so excited when she won yesterday!!! :D

leokennan
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:49 AM
u r too hard to a young player
altought a good lesson for PENG.
KEEP IT UP!

tennisrox
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:38 AM
I can't believe people are ready to chuck Peng down the drain already,just because of a few bad results :rolleyes: .

She's a good player.Her time will come.She's still young and inexperienced.Every player needs time to find their feet,and all this over-hype is not good for anyone.

All the talk about winning the USO was really stupid :o .She is nowhere near ready for a slam.Her coach is an idiot and she needs to get rid of him :( .It looks to me like he expects too much from her too soon,and he is probably going to push her till she breaks.Let her take small steps at a time,and the results will be much better than trying to make giant leaps before she's ready.

Experimentee
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:48 AM
Shuai :sad:
Shes been choking matches and playing bad since she beat Kim. I think there is too much pressure and expectation on her :(

And she did not say she could reach the final, that was her coach. Sometimes they get confident. Shuai only said she had a good chance to go far.

Modiac.
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:48 PM
After 2nd set,she went to change a yellow outfit.
i think it brought bad luck to Shuai~! haha~

alibaby
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:22 PM
shuai-baby,your time will come!!i know... :kiss: better luck next time!! :kiss:

Penglover
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:31 PM
I can't believe people are ready to chuck Peng down the drain already,just because of a few bad results :rolleyes: .

She's a good player.Her time will come.She's still young and inexperienced.Every player needs time to find their feet,and all this over-hype is not good for anyone.

All the talk about winning the USO was really stupid :o .She is nowhere near ready for a slam.Her coach is an idiot and she needs to get rid of him :( .It looks to me like he expects too much from her too soon,and he is probably going to push her till she breaks.Let her take small steps at a time,and the results will be much better than trying to make giant leaps before she's ready.

they just fear peng will replace Maria next year. Dont you know they regard her as a potential risk? :lol: undoubtedly she will be top 10 and much more stronger next year.

Penglover
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:38 PM
boring thread... time to delete it now. I bet you got a heap of vcash! :haha: :banana: