PDA

View Full Version : 45 UFE's??? Is that a typo?

calabar
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:08 PM
#5 seed Kuznetsova lost today and committed 45 UFE's in a two setter. Was she really that bad? Anyone saw the match?

:Rawwb:
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
yes she was really that bad...

miranda_lou
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I'm sure the USA Network showed some of that match, especially the end.

Poor Sveta . . . she has officially fallen apart. Success for some people is not a good thing.:sad:

ezekiel
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Poor Sveta . . . she has officially fallen apart. Success for some people is not a good thing.:sad:

you mean "early success" . It destroyed many carreers :sad:

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
No, not a typo. Svetlana was gross. Awful match.

Wimbledon_VIP
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM
No, she just sucked:).

Jenny.C.Fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:14 PM
It wasn't pretty to watch at all, it was sad to watch, the difference from last year to this.

miranda_lou
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:26 PM
"early success"

You're right . . . early success for some people is not a good thing.:sad:

So many have fallen by the wayside . . . not just recently but way back in the 70s and 80s, young girls had great early success and then either burned out or got so many injuries that their careers ended early. But people forget them because so many others make it to the top and stay there.

I hope Sveta heals her body and her mind and gets back to where she belongs, which, in my opinion, is definitely top 5 in the world.

Lemonskin.
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM
:sad:

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
you mean "early success" . It destroyed many carreers :sad:

Just ask Pia Zadora!

Rocketta
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I concur, she really was *THAT* bad. :(

Pamela Shriver
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:15 PM
45UFE is nothing. I'd achieve that many in one game.

RayRob
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM
It really was, THAT bad - bad, bad, bad! I felt very sorry for Sveta to be honest....I predicted and early exit (compared to last year), but was thinking more like 3rd or 4th Round.

I hope that now, without the pressure of GS sucess riding on her shoulders she can get back to what she is good at - winning some good matches :D Perhaps we might see imporvement as early as the Fall season :D

Come on Sveta!

-Rache

Veenut
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I felt sorry for her. She made history too, being the 1st defending champion to go out in the 1st rd. in the open era, like her country woman Myskina. Anyway, she can never be denied being a USO champion.

I think she should take some much needed time off. Is it true that she played 20 tournies already? If so unbelievable!!!

DragonFlame
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:41 PM
jup, it was a horrible match:scared: sveta didn't even get mad in the second set, she just stood there doing nothing :sad:

Wintermute
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:59 PM
I watched some of this and felt really sorry for Sveta. She did seem to be trying but nothing was working... and I mean nothing.

I think the pressure of being defending champion did get to her this year. Perhaps now she is out and no longer has to worry about being reigning US Open champion she might feel that the pressure is off and she will start winning again.