:eek:

:) Ekaterina
:sad: Svetlana

morningglory
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:01 PM
that's the 2nd time this year the defending champ goes out in the 1st rnd :eek:

borisy
Great! There is nothing better than seeing the top seed losing in the first roung. Especially if her surname is Kuznetsova :)

Sam's Slave
i'm speechless, disappointed and i don't know what to think about it

Kacey
She could have at least gotten a decent applause when she walked off. But then again, I don't think anyone knows who she is.

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Sveta, you are an idiot. :mad:

TennisLurker
Bychkova is beautiful..

GoDominique
She didn't even try. :confused:

aheee!!
has the defending champion ever gone out first round before?

marmite1
Ah it is a truly sad day. Im sure she will bounce back nexy yr!

cartmancop
1st time DEf. Champ has gone out in 1R... (one's never lost in 2R either, that was interesting) Oh well... better luck next year w/o the pressure.

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM
OMG...45 UEs Sveta

That woman needs some serious work. I really hate seeing top players slumping their way around, it´s just scary. Bychkova kept the ball in, so congrats to her.

Sveta, get yourself together.

Natarajasana
What a Bych! :p
Seriously though, I don't want to use the word fluke for Svetlana's performance last year.....however......

Vaidisova

Carmen Mairena
:eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

njnetswill
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:04 PM
We knew she would lose early...but THIS early? Shocking.

TennisChick227
:sad: :fiery:

2ace2
How many places will she drop in the ranking?

RenaSlam.
I actually feel :sad: for Sveta.

I hope she can get her game in gear...

Wimbledon_VIP
woohoo.....Sveta lost:).

Wiggly
:eek: :worship:

Martian Jeza
Sveta, you are an idiot. :mad:

Stay cool ;)

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:05 PM
i'm speechless, disappointed and i don't know what to think about it

As long as you don´t start to call your fave an "idiot" :rolleyes: , everything´s fine. Staying positive (I recommend that...not like I don´t know that feeling)

Jen&RobbyFan
omfg sveta... i had faith in her..:sad: and that score :eek: wasnt it the same score with Anastasia in the French? (if im not completely wrong and making a fool out of my self)
but f*ckin hell sveta.. :eek:

cynicole
Woeful.

However: More vCash for me!

Soch
Bychkova :D :D :D :D :D :D

Better luck next time, Sveta

manu
Poor Sveta... :sad: Looks like she played an awful match! Make sure you'll rest that back! :) Anyway, she can lay back now and start forgetting about this rather disappointing year because she hasn't got that much to lose anymore now ;) I'm sure she'll come back strong in 2006! Keep your head up Svetlana! :)

JLDementieva
I'm not that surprised, Kuzzie didn't even look like she was into the match at all.
Congrats to Bychkova! :D

DragonFlame
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:06 PM
that match was horrible, how can someone hit so many errors:scared: you're right the word fluke comes to mind :o

~Cherry*Blossom~
Hopefully Svetlana will get better after this loss. Now basically all the pressure has gone!

skanky~skanketta
so many errors sveta!:gawd:

regroup girl!

hablo
:o:eek::o

tenn_ace
Stay cool ;)

i've been for the past month or so. not helping.

borisy
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I don't think she really has a game to be in Top 5. 10 to 20 is her true ranking.

Bart
Well done Ekaterina!! :bounce:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Maybe she tanked on purpose to get away from the pressure. I feel bad for her though.

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Svetlana was HORRIBLE! Absolutely shocking performance, UE after UE after UE. Like there wasn't any thought behind what she was doing. Unbeliveable!

Sam's Slave
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
As long as you don´t start to call your fave an "idiot" :rolleyes: , everything´s fine. Staying positive (I recommend that...not like I don´t know that feeling)

of course i won't call her that...bad year for nastya and sveta
but there are still the doubles...

itzhak
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Bychkova is beautiful..

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :lick: :lick:

jdog3008
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Bye Bye top 10 :wavey:

bandabou
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Wow! :eek: :bolt: The Russian revolution sure´s taking some hits this year....only one who´s keeping them decent is Maria and not even she´s having a truly banner year.

Task
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Svetlana :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Keep you chin up. Things will get better.

Sam's Slave
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I don't think she really has a game to be in Top 5. 10 to 20 is her true ranking.

ok that proves that you have no idea

Dementinator
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
well done Bychkova ,jobs a good un! bye bye Svetlana ,I am afraid you are gonna have to learn to play tennis now love ,just belting the ball aint working....

Sun*Kissed
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM
She reallly should have saved face and not shown up ( not like she was 'there' today anyway *sigh), in light of her injury and how badly she's been playing lately. Even she seemed resigned to losing. Get well soon Sveta

roxi
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Surprise,surprise!!!!!!!

Billabong
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:14 PM
omfg sveta... i had faith in her..:sad: and that score :eek: wasnt it the same score with Anastasia in the French? (if im not completely wrong and making a fool out of my self)

Far from it, Myskina at least got to 3 sets and it was a bit close;)! This time, there was no suspense at all:eek: UFE after UFE!

Jasmin
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I hope things are ok for her personally.

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:15 PM
well done Bychkova ,jobs a good un! bye bye Svetlana ,I am afraid you are gonna have to learn to play tennis now love ,just belting the ball aint working....

not that I want to bring Elena (who I like) into this thread, but she is not a miss creativity herself, is she? :rolleyes:

Jen&RobbyFan
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:17 PM

She'll probably be crushed now..:sad:

lauryn
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Really sad for Sveta, to lose in the first round as the defending champion :sad:

Cilla
Not really 'that' shocking imo. Sveta was really bad. Congrats to Bychkova though.

miranda_lou
Oh well... better luck next year w/o the pressure.

Not true.:rolleyes: Now she will have the pressure to NOT BE a One Slam Wonder, along with the pressure of the "Russian Revolution" being a total fluke.:lol:

borisy
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:20 PM
ok that proves that you have no idea

From now on she can have a Sabine Appelmans type of career :devil:

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:21 PM

I'm sure you'd die to have that one :rolleyes:

nhissan
i think it's the first round shock loss

Spunky83
Far from it, Myskina at least got to 3 sets and it was a bit close;)! This time, there was no suspense at all:eek: UFE after UFE!

A bit close ;) She went down 0-6 in the third (omg...that was sooo sad).

Anyway, are you guys sure Svetlana will stay for doubles? If it was me, I´d be out of NY as quickly as I can.

Martian Jeza
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:22 PM

Respect toward Sabine Appelmans pls :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:23 PM

True :)

Interesting signature by the way :lol:

Jenny.C.Fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I feel sorry for sveta, but i think she'll feel a huge relief that she is no longer the us open champion, she has struggled to live up to the title of us open champion this year and has suffered with the pressure of it but i think this will be a huge weight off her shoulders and i think we'll see the best of kuznetsova again in the near future.

lindsayno1
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
bloody hell!!!!

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:25 PM

spartanfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Not true.:rolleyes: Now she will have the pressure to NOT BE a One Slam Wonder, along with the pressure of the "Russian Revolution" being a total fluke.:lol:

Well she's in good company with Myskina and Sharapova. and Conchita Martinez. Are there any other One Slam Wonders still on tour besides these three?

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Hardly a surprise. She could barely move last week. :o

middy

Ditto and Natsya was dealing with a lot of family issues but Sveta its just :tape: :lol:

Helen Lawson
I made two piece of shit bombs in '59, so I know how it feels.

There's no more pressure and she probably was still hurt, but I have high hopes for her next season!

Justineladivine
Sad, very very sad

BoucharDRules
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Congrats to Bychkova! :bounce:

Alenyaa
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? :eek:

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Well she's in good company with Myskina and Sharapova. and Conchita Martinez. Are there any other One Slam Wonders still on tour besides these three?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes:

vwfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:31 PM
too bad for her. slumps happen, but she's in a serious one. she should take some time off, get her back completely healed and come back with no real pressure on her shoulders for the fall or early next year.

BoucharDRules
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Bychkova is beautiful..

Yes, nice body too. Definitely some Team DR potential there. :D

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:32 PM
that's the 2nd time this year the defending champ goes out in the 1st rnd :eek:At a slam?!?!?

borisy
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
too bad for her. slumps happen, but she's in a serious one. she should take some time off, get her back completely healed and come back with no real pressure on her shoulders for the fall or early next year.

Those who take some time off with no pressure end up playing Tier 100 tournaments with Dokic :lol: :lol:

Andy T
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I feel really sorry for her. It's been a year of bad luck (draws) minor injuries, missed chances and poor form. Sophomore blues is a common syndrome, though, and I hope she'll be back because the girl has game. She also played too much last year and that may have overspilled into this year in terms of mental fatigue.

Put it behind you girl and just concentrate on next year.

Helen Lawson
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I feel really sorry for her. It's been a year of bad luck (draws) minor injuries, missed chances and poor form. Sophomore blues is a common syndrome, though, and I hope she'll be back because the girl has game. She also played too much last year and that may have overspilled into this year in terms of mental fatigue.

Put it behind you girl and just concentrate on next year.

I agree. She had a lot of fight and spirit last year, Helen was thinking she was the new Justine as far as really wanting it and at least then, she didn't choke and seemed pretty tough mentally. I guess it came too early for her, Justine would not permit a sophomore slump! So I guess she's not the new Justine, but I think with the pressure of this win off of her, I hope she can come back really strong next season. She almost beat Justine twice this year on clay, I guess that's good because it was Justine, but Justine doesn't blow match points either so I don't know what that means mentally.

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Wow! :eek: :bolt: The Russian revolution sure´s taking some hits this year....only one who´s keeping them decent is Maria and not even she´s having a truly banner year.
Someone has to say it, so it may as well be me: THE RUSSIAN REVOLUTION IS OFFICIALLY OVA!!

Davenselesport
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Its okay everyone... life will go on.

new-york
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
damn i knew that she wasn't in her best form but now. she'll have time to think about all that.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Wow..i am not a huge fan of hers...but i hate to see her go out in the 1st rd :sad: Maybe some rest will do her back some good :D

Couver
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM
:sad:

Her return of serve was somewhat better than her service games. She could barely hold in that match :sad:

jochem
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM

No it wasn't. Anastasia lost 64 46 60 :p . Very sad voor Svetlana, she seemed very empty out there. Don't know weither that was because she felt horrible with her performance/form or something deeper going on.

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Congrats to Bychkova in her first US Open match. But I can't help feeling so sorry for Kuzzy. One year you're just Navratilova's doubles partner. The next year you're US OPen champ. The next year, out in the first round, out of the top ten.

And 391 MORE points to defend in September.

Lemonskin.
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:46 PM
:hysteric:

Cariaoke
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:47 PM
well, damn...

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:54 PM
the downfall of the russians........dude that's pretty sad i feel bad for her.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Think about it. Just last month Bychkova was losing to the likes of Hana Sromova and Giulia Gabba in the first round of challenger events...

And now she beats the defending champion in Svetlana. That is absolutely insane...

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:55 PM
I don't want to gloat, but did anyone really think Svetlana would get past the fourth round and/or that any of the Russians would defend their GS titles this year? I said last last year that no one (including Justine) would defend their GS titles from 2004. With the 100% healthy Williams sisters and Belgians and a resugernt Lindsay, it would be hard for the Russians to get past that wall and be sucessful at the Slams.

JennyS
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Oh man, the press is gonna go wild over the name Bychkova!

Andy T
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Only a very few achieved the feat of coming back the next year and doing it all over again. Players who successfully defended their first grand slam wins (open era):
Jennifer Capriati
Venus Williams
Martina Hingis
Monica Seles
Steffi Graf - who defended them all the first time!
Martina Navratilova
Chris Evert
(Margaret Court & Billie Jean King, Open era #1s did but before the Open era)

Players who didn't
Kuznetsova - Sharapova - Myskina - Henin - Serena - Davenport - Novotna -Majoli -
Pierce - Martinez - Gaby Sabatini - ASV - Hana Mandlikova - Tracy Austin - Evonne Goolagong - Virginia Wade - Barbara Jordan - Chris O'Neil - Mima Jausovec - Sue Barker - Virginia Ruzici

raquel
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:11 PM
:sad:

Disaster for Sveta. 44 unforced errors = 11 games worth in errors. Bychkova won 12 games so the math is pretty obvious there. Just a total disaster for her but hopefully now that the pressure is off about being a defending Slam champion she can get her confidence back.

Helen Lawson
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Luise Rainer and Katharine Hepburn are the only broads to defend a Best Actress Oscar! And Hepburn tied, so I have to deduct points. And yes, Rainer defended it by playing a Chinese peasant with a Viennese accent, but a win's a win.

Grachka
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:13 PM
When I saw her draw I thought there would be an upset ;)

The Bych was impressive in St.Petersburg, she has a really solid game, and a good fighting attitude (if slightly psychotic :o) and thought she may cause a slumping Sveta a few problems. Well done to you, The Bych! :yeah:

Get better Sveta ;)

alfajeffster
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Luise Rainer and Katharine Hepburn are the only broads to defend a Best Actress Oscar! And Hepburn tied, so I have to deduct points. And yes, Rainer defended it by playing a Chinese peasant with a Viennese accent, but a win's a win.

I prefer to skip over 1936 and 1937 entirely as far as Best Actress is concerned. "The Great Ziegfeld, great schmigfeld. Luise just wasn't that good, and basically slept her way to the statues. If you ignore Clifford Odets' wife, you have Bette winning back-to-back oscars, and then being nominated for 5 of the next 6 years running!

lucashg
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:18 PM
:eek: SHOCKING.
I don't actually like her, but I think she's interesting to watch and certainly it's awful to have her losing in the first round being the defending champion. She seemed so off mentally... it wasn't just her injury, the pressure got the worst from her. I hope she can regroup soon.

BTW, I think she is TOP10 material - but she has to work on her mental problems.

Helen Lawson
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I prefer to skip over 1936 and 1937 entirely as far as Best Actress is concerned. "The Great Ziegfeld, great schmigfeld. Luise just wasn't that good, and basically slept her way to the statues. If you ignore Clifford Odets' wife, you have Bette winning back-to-back oscars, and then being nominated for 5 of the next 6 years running!

I didn't think Ziegfeld was that bad, I thought she was good, but not great. I thought Odets was sort of lefy outcast in Hollywood but that Mayer had a major boner for Luise that he later had for Greer Garson. Hence Mrs. Miniver's reign as Queen of MGM for most of the 40s. Truth be told, I think Greer Garson was far worse than Luise on the screen.

I'm certain Garson slept with Mayer, you think Luise did?

LeRoy.
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:20 PM
:sad: Re-group and come back strong Sveta. You won the 2004 US open title and even if you lose in the first round of every GS no one can take that away from you. :)

Jasmin
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Wow..i am not a huge fan of hers...but i hate to see her go out in the 1st rd :sad: Maybe some rest will do her back some good :D

ITA.

Slumpsova
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:27 PM
this is horrible :sad:
Sveta played pretty bad during this summer hardcourt. i think she won just 2 matches, what's wrong with her?

K-Dog
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Oh man, the press is gonna go wild over the name Bychkova!

That was the first thing I said in my mind when I saw her name: "bitchkcova." That isn't how it is pronounced though. Finally Venus can move up in the rankings will Sveta, probably Elena D., and Nadia probably falling out.

Mr Snuggles
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I'm not really that surprised, if any of the top players was gonna go early Kuznet was top of my list. We've been here before of course, Myskina. French Open. Oh dear.

Zippy
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Myskina wins NOTHING this season and goes out in the first round of her Slam. Kuznetsova wins NOTHING this season and goes out in the first round of her Slam. Oh well, I guess :shrug:

Damn. Well at least they have Fed Cup :tape:

honeyke
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:57 PM
i feel sorry for sveta, :eek: it´s not possible to win a match without confidence and i really hope that she´ll play a little more succesful after the uso :angel:

Zippy
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I don't want to gloat, but did anyone really think Svetlana would get past the fourth round and/or that any of the Russians would defend their GS titles this year? I said last last year that no one (including Justine) would defend their GS titles from 2004. With the 100% healthy Williams sisters and Belgians and a resugernt Lindsay, it would be hard for the Russians to get past that wall and be sucessful at the Slams.
You make it sound like Justine is not the other half of the Belgians.

flyingmachine
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:51 PM
:speakles: :sad: Sveta :help:

LefandePatty
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:56 PM
:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

bello
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Not all that suprising. I dont see her making the top 5 ever again. The whole Myskina/Kutnetsova success last year was purely due to the absence of the big guns...

They are good players, but not top 5 players by any means

Hopefully they can work towards making a GS semi or a final again at some stage of their careers.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:59 PM
ekaterina just had to be there and she won

spokenword73
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Not Sveta's day today. Hope she re-groups and comes back strong.

WtaTour4Ever
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:46 AM
So how is "Bychkova" pronounced?....Seriously

Ceecor
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:53 AM
a bych'en result!.....a happy camper here
1 07 TENNIS 71 Bychkova v Kuznetsova-Hd To Hd 01 Ekaterina Bychkova $6.50
2 01 RUGBY LEAGUE 93 NRL 2005 Top 8 (Rds 1-26) 02 Sydney Roosters $2.75
$17.87 $10.00 $178.70
now come on roosters

tennisIlove09
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Wow! I didnt think Svetlana would gofar, but I certainly didnt expect this :sad: Get well soon Kuzy.

JenFan75
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Wheeee...

wurzelman
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:25 AM
poor show

Myskina Fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:49 AM
I don't want to gloat, but did anyone really think Svetlana would get past the fourth round and/or that any of the Russians would defend their GS titles this year? I said last last year that no one (including Justine) would defend their GS titles from 2004.
I didn't think Svetlana would get past round 4 but she's been in a slump and a back injury didnt help. That performance today was of a girl not anywhere near her best tennis and of a girl not mentally in a winning frame of mind. Did I think any Russian would defend their GS in 2005? I did think Maria had a chance to defend Wimbledon but Anastasia's first half of this year was obviously a sign she wasn't going to defend in Paris. And considering Henin's health at Roland Garros 2004 and then throughout most of the year I think we all didn't expect her to win in Australia this year.

serenafan08
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Man, that's rough for Svetlana. :awww:

azinna
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:19 AM
In her post-match interview she talks about finally not having everyone calling her the USO champ and asking her to defend. But she's had little buzz since the win and even less fanfare coming into the Open. She's made plain her wish to play without pressure. But that simply isn't possible after your 1st few years on the tour. As we're seeing in her case, your own mind starts playing tricks on you. This is sad stuff, but she's has got to learn how to play through nerves and pressure soon, otherwise she's done for as far as winning more slams is concerned.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Sveta :sad: :sad: :sad:

Congrats to Katya. :yeah:

beauty_is_pink
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:51 AM
:eek: holy crapppp!

maya
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Svetlana hasn't been playing any good lately, but I wasn't expecting this ... Congratulations to Bychkova though :D . This must be a huge thing for her.

jan.
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:58 AM
I'm shocked :S Sveta :( :( :( :( :(

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:03 AM
i know she cant go far with her recent performance,but it's more than i expect :o :o :o

Yeahhh that's good she didn't play center court :p

Chunchun
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:38 AM
:o :retard: Russia :worship:

and very soon the defending runner-up will follow Kuznetsova's way :tape:

Vut
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:17 AM
shocking!!

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:23 AM
I wasn't completely shocked - but i have to admit i felt VERY SAD! It wasn't nice to see her dumped out like that at all. It's worse considering she is largely ignored (see other post) by media. That girl really needed a hug out there.

But on the bright side - all pressure's off and she can start to rebuild her tennis career. She has great great talent.

Good luck Svetlana.

silverwhite
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Sveta :sad:

Wombat
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:40 AM
I feel so sorry for Sveta
Hope Katya can handle the situation properly :)
That the career best win or her so far

Hachiko
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:42 AM
What on Earth happened here?

selyoink
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I'm happy for Ekatarina. By far the best win of her career and a nice way to make herself known to tennis fans.

Lady
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Sveta! No fight at all :sad:
If she just played safer, she'd have won. :sad:

And that right after I watched the programm with Sveta on BBC World.

tennisrox
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Poor Sveta :hug: .This is really sad :sad:

She just can't handle the pressure of being a top 10 player.she needs to take some serious time off,regroup and get her head together.Not to mention give herself time to heal.The girl's got game.But she needs to find it again. :(

Beat
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
this is just sad... abosultely terrible performance by svetlana.

ceiling_fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:38 AM
just like RG...

but

WTF?!?!?!

Maria Croft
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:40 AM
That's just weak, she didn't even try, anyone could have beaten her yesterday

améliemomo
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:05 AM
sorry for svetlana, she isnt in good shape for now, hope she will come back stronger.

@m@nd@
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:12 AM
:sad: poor sveta. hope she gets back in shape soon

iced gem
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Poor Svetlana - I do feel sorry for her. She's had such a bad year - I hope she can regain her form sometime soon.

Sevenseas
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I surely didn't expect that one! :eek:

Xanadu11
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM
:eek: Does that mean she is out of the top 10?

Andy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Poor Sveta its sad to see the defending champion dumped in the first round. I hope she can bounce back from this i want her to be a top player for years to come. And her year has not been that bad, that was untill after Wimbledon.

Chunchun
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:09 PM
:eek: Does that mean she is out of the top 10?

If Dementieva wins her 1st round match, then Kuznetsova is out :scared: :bowdown:

justine&coria
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Kusnetsova is just stupid. Hope this will make her think about it next time. :(
I don't understand why she had to play so many more games against Dulko when she clearly was injured (at San Diego I think). And it's not like she could have won the match : she was one set down (7-6). Of course, she aggravated her injury ! Pfff.
She herself destroyed her chance of playing well at the US Open. Hope she'll learn from it.

Dexter
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Sveta wasn't playing good, but Ekaterina was playing awesome :worship: She served so fast... About 115mph most of the time... She is very talented, and that victory was well deserved :yeah:
Poor Sveta :(

alibaby
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Sveta wasn't playing good, but Ekaterina was playing awesome :worship: She served so fast... About 115mph most of the time... She is very talented, and that victory was well deserved :yeah:
Poor Sveta :(
115 mph??wow!sounds impressive.but i have tom admit,i did not even know her name..but if keeps doin it,that might change very soon! :)

but for sveta:its so sad... :sad: did you see the picture on WTA-tour?looks like she is about to cry..and me too..

i just hope,she can get her form back in the next months!maybe in some indoor-competition.

Kart
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Oh Sveta :sad:.

Better luck next time.

Irish
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:10 PM
This was a shock. :eek:

Sveta, good luck in doubles with Alicia. :D

hotandspicey
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Sveta really should not have entered. I don't think she was ready, but she gave it a shot and it did not work. I actually feel sorry for her . she looked so sad and dejected walking off court. hope her slump is over soon. every player goes thru it. its part of the game. rest up Sveta. better luck next year.