PDA

View Full Version : Morigami in wheelchair

davidmario
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I just saw on german Eurosport that Morigami was carried of the court in a wheelchair and she was crying badly :sad:

ezekiel
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:51 PM
never saw it but :sad:

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Yep...what happened? It looked really, really bad. Any further information???

skanky~skanketta
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM
yeah!i saw it too!she was so distressed, sobbing her eyes out then she started hyperventilating. i could almost feel her pain!right knee injury and you could see the muscle cramp in the left calf area!:sad:

but what a trooper. fighting to the bitter end.

:worship:

get well soon akiko.

but nicole :rolleyes: she could have stayed behind and said a few things. but it's business i guess.

*Karen*
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Poor Akiko :sad:

Carmen Mairena
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Thats sad :sad: Hope she recovers soon:)

angele87
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Just saw it here too, so sad :sad:

Oneofakind0490
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:57 PM
OMG they jsut showed it and it lookedsad. They said it was cause of the heat.

Wimbledon_VIP
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:57 PM
:sad:

Sweep
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Poor girl.

She's been in real form recently - she's stunned Zvonareva, Hantuchova, list goes on...

That is such a shame.

ezekiel
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
heat problems

Libertango
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I was :sobbing: :tears: watching that. Akiko started great, but by the middle of the first set she was clearly being hampered by her knee. She managed to claw the 1st set out but by the second it was too much. From about 3-0 she couldn't move and was crying. :sad: The trainer came on several times but couldn't help her much. The trainer even hugged her! :sad: :hug: The crowd were really behind her but she just couldnt move her. She was literally tapping the serves in and then didn't budge from the middle of the baseline. So Nicole hit about 12 winenrs in the last 3 games. Akiko looked distraught. I couldn't even watch at the end.I just wish Akiko good health and for her to recover. I'm so sad. :tears:

venusfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:16 PM
it was only cramps because of the heat.. I'm sure it's nothing serious.. she still make $15,000 for all her trubles.

Cilla
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Poor girl :sad:

Vut
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:20 AM
get well soon Akiko

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Did Pratt say anything to her? SHe should have at least been grateful as she had no business even being in this match...

Munchen
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:32 AM
:sad: Get well soon.:kiss:

tennisrox
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:59 AM
This is just horrible :sad: .Poor Akiko.Just when her game was starting to come together.She does have the most rotten luck :( .

Jakeev
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Did Pratt say anything to her? SHe should have at least been grateful as she had no business even being in this match...

What the heck does that mean?:(

ceiling_fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:55 AM
aww thats such a shame

galadriel
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Get well soon Akiko :kiss:

Hayato
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Recover soon Akiko! :hug:

Veritas
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I think Akiko was more frustrated that the injury's holding her back from living up to her great US summer than the actual pain itself.

Still, I hope she'll get better soon. It's a shame the injury came at a very bad time :( :sad:

volta
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:42 AM
omg :sad:

Maryamator
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:46 AM
oh god this is so sad i hate it when these things happen i saw it on tv :sad:

broncosven
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Pratt did say some comforting words when she was interviewed by Fox sports

Besides Pratty was trying to win a match, and possibly save her career . . . . I feel Sorry for Akiko but she should of retired after she was down 0-3 and not risked further injury

Renaissance
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:57 AM
She had a spasmophilia...no pain but a lot of exhaustion.
It is not a serious illness,a lot of sleep and a good nourishment and she will be back in good shape

:kiss:

Ellery
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Akiko :sad:

Libertango
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Pratt did say some comforting words when she was interviewed by Fox sports

Besides Pratty was trying to win a match, and possibly save her career . . . . I feel Sorry for Akiko but she should of retired after she was down 0-3 and not risked further injury

I'm glad to hear you say this, because I thought Nicole came across as such a bitch (I still don't think she was particularly sympathetic to Akiko) She just looked happy she'd won the match, and didn't really care that her opponent was in obvious pain. Then again, I know wins are hard to come by for her. ;) :p Anyway, at least she did say something compassionate.

ewbangkok
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Get well soon Akiko...boo hoo

Fantastic
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
They said Akiko was suffering from cramps in her legs and arms. That may have been due to the anxiety caused by her knee inflammation. The anxiety caused her to hyperventilate and that caused the tetany, which is a lowering of carbon dioxide levels in the body, causing an all-over cramp in the arms and legs. She would've needed to breathe slowly into a brown paper bag to restore her carbon dioxide levels and then be put on a drip to rehydrate her body and muscles. She will be sore for a few days.

I've had tetany twice. My anxiety was caused by a virus that suddenly took away my sight and hearing temporarily. The sudden shock to the system brought on by the virus "freaked" me out and I hyperventilated because I was scared. My entire body cramped up and I was in so much pain. My hands looked like claws when they brought me into the ER. I was also severely dehydrated due to the virus and drank water like crazy all night, but kept getting up and needing to use the bathroom. It was crazy. The first case of tetany was mild and happened in the doctor's office as I went in to get checked. I had to lie down and breathe into a brown paper bag.