PDA

View Full Version : Sandra de Jenken currently Chair Umpire in Nadal-match

davidmario
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Good to see a woman there :)

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I don't think women should umpire men's matches.

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Good, God...why her? :tape: But good for the US Open to do this, though. :D

tommystar
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:13 PM
She did umpire men's match(es) at RG and probably at Wimby too.

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM
and 2005 US Open qualies may I add...

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:17 PM
btw, there were other female umpires in men's quali matches

Brαm
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
And why's that? :confused:

tommystar
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Jane Tabor Harvey used to umpire men's matches at Slams too.

Louis Cyphre
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Why :scratch:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:27 PM
all slams do this :o no big deal

Alvarillo
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Sandra :hearts:

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Sandra :hearts:

I shall never forgive for that horrendous over-rule against Kim in the Australian Open Final with Justine. :smash:

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Little red head is cool!

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
And why's that? :confused:

i wouldn't want to see a man flip out on her.

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:08 PM

why not :fiery:

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:09 PM
i wouldn't want to see a man flip out on her.

what a strange reason!!! like women can't hold their own in arguments/discussions :scratch::haha:

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:14 PM
what a strange reason!!! like women can't hold their own in arguments/discussions :scratch::haha:

How would you feel if a man went up and started cussing your mother out and calling her names. I'm sure you would just stand by and let her hold her own in that argument/discussion.

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
maybe a man shouldn't curse my mother to begin with?

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:18 PM
maybe a man shouldn't curse my mother to begin with?

Truth, but that won't stop them from doing it. It's happened to lineswomen before.

marmite1
I think most people would feel slightly ticked off, be it a man or woman. Doesn't seem a valid reason to not allow a woman to umpire mens matches.

Crazy Canuck
How would you feel if a man went up and started cussing your mother out and calling her names. I'm sure you would just stand by and let her hold her own in that argument/discussion.
I'm quite confident that many women would hold their own in such a stupid conversation and not worry too much about.

I think it's safe to say that neither Reynolds nor Nadal were going to go that direction, btw.

tenn_ace
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
well there are certain things she could do without getting into argument with him. like a code.

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Let me clarify, it's not that I don't think women's shouldn't have the right, I just would rather men handle men and women handle women.

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:24 PM

This scenario has nothing to do with a professional umpire and a tennis match.

gentenaire
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Just wait, Knizzle, until my brothers and father get here to defend me (and every woman in general) against sexists like you, since I obviously can't hold my own in a conversation.

*goes back to ironing and breastfeading my ten babies whilst the men are smoking cigars and talking politics *

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Just wait, Knizzle, until my brothers and father get here to defend me (and every woman in general) against sexists like you, since I obviously can't hold my own in a conversation.

*goes back to ironing and breastfeading my ten babies whilst the men are smoking cigars and talking politics *

Be sure to cook supper soon... :lol:

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM
This scenario has nothing to do with a professional umpire and a tennis match.

They don't have husbands/sons??

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I remember another match which was umpired by de Jenken and it also featured Nadal...interesting...;)

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM
They don't have husbands/sons??

It's a professional situation, and I"m sure any female umpire can do a professional job...even against the likes of Goran or Lleyton. :yeah: Besides, if ANYONE cusses my momma, I'm running because I'm not gonna be a witness in a criminal trial against my momma! :lol: :unsure:

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM

Clearly you haven't met my Mom ;)

Seriously, I don't think anyone wants to see their parents, spouses, siblings screamed at, but I don't think someone should be denied an opportunity they are interested in and qualified for because I might get upset if someone's mean to them.

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM

I'm a girl :confused: :scratch: and I would join in for sure ... :haha:

plus my mom can defend herself too, if it gets physical, that's another story ... :angel:

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:59 PM

My mother would do like her male counterpart and know that this kind of behavior comes with the territory and continue to do her job. Go Sandra but we need not only Sandra to do this. :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Clearly you haven't met my Mom ;)

Seriously, I don't think anyone wants to see their parents, spouses, siblings screamed at, but I don't think someone should be denied an opportunity they are interested in and qualified for because I might get upset if someone's mean to them.

Exactly, My mom is like Xena, not like Harriet Nelson.

yukon145
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Sandra de Jenken is my favorite umpire. she has a great voice, i like it when she says "ready? play."