PDA

View Full Version : (8) Serena Williams Def. Yung Jan Chan 6-1 6-3

jan.
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Good Win Serena :bounce: She looks much better then she did at Wimbledon, still isn't moving too well but regaining some of her stride :) Good Luck next round, It's sad that one of the Williams sister is not going to make it past the 4th round.

:sad: For Chan that she had to draw Serena after some convincing qualifying wins.. she has a nice backhand :)

*Karen*
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
booooooooooooo

xr6turbo
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:00 PM
booooooooooooo
:ras:

Go Rena :D:D:D :woohoo:

Diesel
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Nice comeback for Serena in the second. I liked Chan's energy.

Zhao
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Chan played well the last few points :yeah:

Serena still not playing up to standard... she was in control of the match and won with her experience.

Rising Sun
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Rena :yeah:

Bad luck Yung-Jan. Good effort but I wish she won a few more importaint points. :(

jan.
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Bad luck Yung-Jan. Good effort but I wish she won a few more importaint points. :( I agree, Chan really did have her chances.

Martian KC
Yung-Jan played well in the 2nd set. I'm happy she made Serena play for the win.

And kudos to Serena for sticking up for Yung-Jan during the oncourt interview.:yeah:

Knizzle
Serena really impressed me, she should continue to get better and she'll be an even bigger contender for the title.

serenafan08
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:13 PM
booooooooooooo
Well hey - at least Serena's never lost in the first round of a major - even if she's coming off an injury. You can't say that about Jennifer can you??? :lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Serena's backhand looks good, but she wasn't driving the forehand enough...really tentative on it.

Zippy
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Which one's the official result thread :scratch:

Ah never mind.
GO SERENA :bounce: Good job today :D Now lets keep improving :yeah:

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Serena :yeah:

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I agree, Chan really did have her chances.
Imagine being 16 years old and playing in your first WTA Tour main-draw match EVER. At the US Open. In Arthur Ashe Stadium. Against Serena Williams. Under those circumstances, I think she did very well to win four games, even against a rusty Serena.

selyoink
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Good win for Serena to not make the match go three sets.

I was impressed with Chan's backhand.

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Good win for Serena to not make the match go three sets.

I was impressed with Chan's backhand.
You're the second person in this thread to say that. After reading the positive feedback on both players and looking at the match statistics, I can't wait to see this match when I get home this evening. ;)

Justineladivine
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Well, well seems like a normal Serena score and win this time, two straight sets, serious business. If the rust comes off she'll be someone to watch out for (for sure). BTW for those doubting the seriousness of my comments.
(1) I don't think I've ever dissed any player, only posters whom I thought made unfair comments
(2) My top fave hasn't changed and will probably never change (on top of it, I'm Belgian, so...).
But I DO want the top girls to give their best and when the best one wins there should be no hard feelings, hopefully... So, right now, go Serena...

RVD
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Good win Serena. :bounce: And it wasn't a 3-setter, which impressed me (due to a questionable knee and all). Just continue to steadily improve babygirl. I wanna see you play the second week. :cool:

Carmen Mairena
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I hope you have a great future, Yung-Jan!!!

Great work Serena. It was a tough second set, but you hung on there! I hope you stay healthy and fit so you can make this US Open even more interesting.

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Well, well seems like a normal Serena score and win this time, two straight sets, serious business. If the rust comes off she'll be someone to watch out for (for sure). BTW for those doubting the seriousness of my comments.
(1) I don't think I've ever dissed any player, only posters whom I thought made unfair comments
(2) My top fave hasn't changed and will probably never change (on top of it, I'm Belgian, so...).
But I DO want the top girls to give their best and when the best one wins there should be no hard feelings, hopefully... So, right now, go Serena...
My good rep to you was sincere and genuine. If it seems you are doubted, it's because you are new and we don't know you very well, and sometimes it's hard at first to tell the trolls from the real posters. So, welcome aboard and I hope to continue to enjoy your posts. :wavey:

Jen&RobbyFan
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Serena :D :yeah: Good luck in the next round! :bounce:
Do we know against who she'll be playing?