PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport International sucks!

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
They've turned German again. :mad:
I don't want German commentators. And I don't want to watch Penetta vs Schruff. :o
If the whole tournament is like this then :help:

irma
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:29 PM
International is showing Serena?

At least I don't think there is a special dutch version and we have Serena!

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:34 PM
International is showing Serena?

At least I don't think there is a special dutch version and we have Serena!

I have Eurosport International, which during US Open (for 3 years running) becomes German Eurosport, for unknown reasons. Therefore, I'm watching Julia Schruff now. Yay me! :rolleyes:

honeyke
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:35 PM
i like the german commentator coz obviously,i understand it,but it´s a reallly boring match....no interesting points,a lot of mistakes,no emotions....

kammgretel
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Yes, u are right!!! Argentina ESPN shows Gaudio, he is Arg. But we see him all the year, no matter see him again...

I'm listening the International ES audio, Serena is shouting... :sad:

Hantuchov
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:44 PM
C'mon, don't complain!

I have Gaudio in one channel and in the other one I have Massu!

Joana, u're lucky, my dear, believe in me! ;) :p

I wish I cud watch Flavia :sobbing: :help:

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Joana, u're lucky, my dear, believe in me! ;) :p

I wish I cud watch Flavia :sobbing: :help:

Are you sure? She plays like crap, the match is extremely boring and the commentator, who I don't understand anyway, is about to fall asleep.

vutt
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I have Eurosport International, which during US Open (for 3 years running) becomes German Eurosport, for unknown reasons. Therefore, I'm watching Julia Schruff now. Yay me! :rolleyes:

I don't think you have Eurosport International then, because I have Eurosport Int. and they showing Serena right now with english commentary.

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I don't think you have Eurosport International then, because I have Eurosport Int. and they showing Serena right now with english commentary.

I don't understand what's happening then, because for the rest of the year I do have Eurosport International - I have English commentators and all. But at every US Open, it's like this. :confused:

irma
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Are you sure? She plays like crap, the match is extremely boring and the commentator, who I don't understand anyway, is about to fall asleep.

Before on German eurosport (not a special channel yet but the same as the one I had on the cable) you had Jurgen Hutker and Heinz Gunthardt but they might have retired when their sweatheart and most genius player ever Martina retired too :lol:

cecilija
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I don't understand what's happening then, because for the rest of the year I do have Eurosport International - I have English commentators and all. But at every US Open, it's like this. :confused:
That's strange.They are showing Serena here.What provider is that?

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
That's strange.They are showing Serena here.What provider is that?

Are you from Belgrade (I see that you have the Serbian flag)?

lauryn
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
We also had Serena live here, they are now switching to Pennetta-Schruff

cecilija
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Are you from Belgrade (I see that you have the Serbian flag)?
Yes, I am. :)

kammgretel
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Do u know why I'm complaining?
The ATP play 3 sets, and it takes 2-4 hours every match, after one, surely you'r sleeping... :zzz: and imagine waiting all the year, without a WTA match :tape: , GOOD DONE CHANNELS !!

NOW US OPEN I CAN. :worship:

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Yes, I am. :)

So what's your cable provider? I've just checked and mine is Alzovedjo (I have never heard of them, but I've had them for 5 years now). They're absolutely horrible, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fu*ked something up.

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I don't want German commentators. And I don't want to watch Penetta vs Schruff. :o

Don´t worry...we´re talking about GERMAN players here. Maxmimum two rounds and that´s it :o

propi
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Wow Flavia saves match points, you must be happy Joana :p :p

cecilija
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:11 PM
So what's your cable provider? I've just checked and mine is Alzovedjo (I have never heard of them, but I've had them for 5 years now). They're absolutely horrible, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fu*ked something up.
Mine is called AVcom.They are horrible as well(like all are :fiery: ),but at least they don't mess up with Eurosport.

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:20 PM
BTW: Kim Clijsters´ fans will be very happy soon...(German Eurosport)

You know, I am not complaining. We were the only Eurosport country which got to see the Nastya/Dulko Toronto match live, so ;)

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Will this snoozefest ever end? :help:
Go Flavia, if you win, there's one German less to annoy me! :woohoo:

propi
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Will this snoozefest ever end? :help:
Go Flavia, if you win, there's one German less to annoy me! :woohoo:
:lol::lol::lol:
Be happy USopen has tie breaks in final set, an awful idea that may save you from suffering much longer :p ;)

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:28 PM
:lol::lol::lol:
Be happy USopen has tie breaks in final set, an awful idea that may save you from suffering much longer :p ;)

Well, it's over. Schruff won, but it's OVER! :bounce:

davidmario
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Omg seems like Schruff had so much pain in her right hand:eek:
Lol @ Flavia at the handshake:D She was really annoyed because Julia took this (tactical?) injury timeout at 5-5.

davidmario
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:38 PM
After Gaudio-Baker, you will see another german girl: Martina Muller. She can hit the ball really hard;)

cellophane
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Consider yourself lucky. I've never even seen Julia Schruff. ;) :lol:

©@®eLess
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:50 PM

same here Joana, Serbian Cable providers suck! when i saw that match on-WTF is going there!Probably most uniteresting 1st round match ever!And why isn't our RTS showing Ana, they have Eurovision rights, they can do the coverage!Just like RG or Wimby!Stupid RTS!Stupid Cable!

MagicMilan
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Well, it's over. Schruff won, but it's OVER! :bounce:

Joana, you're lucky. My eurosport also changed but now it's with czech commentators :o (Davenportova, Penettova, Schruffova, Mauresmova ... :lol: :lol: :fiery: )
I can't believe it.
SBB sucks too :devil:

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:14 PM
OMG :lol:
What's going on with Serbian cable providers? :help:

©@®eLess
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Joana, you're lucky. My eurosport also changed but now it's with czech commentators :o (Davenportova, Penettova, Schruffova, Mauresmova ... :lol: :lol: :fiery: )
I can't believe it.
SBB sucks too :devil:

:lol: i have SBB but no czechs :lol:

stenen
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Joana,

Your cable TV provider is giving you German Eurosport all along, not just during the USO. If you wonder how come you’re getting an English commentator when other tournaments are being played it’s because the British ES is broadcasting the same match simultaneously with the German ES and those who live in non-German speaking country automatically get an English commentating. For example Acura Classic was one of the tournaments that had a simultaneous broadcast between British and German ES.

The reason why you’re getting a German ES commentating of the USO in German is because Sky Sports have the main distribution rights in the UK for the USO and British ES gets the “left overs” and shows a different match than German ES, therefore simultaneous broadcasting is impossible.

Your cable TV provider have chosen to distribute German ES, you should jump at them and not ES.

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Your cable TV provider have chosen to distribute German ES, you should jump at them and not ES.

Believe me, I will, not just because of this, but because they just suck in general. :devil:
Thanks for the explanation. Eurosport is so complicated. :o

Tati & Dani
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:51 PM
We also had Serena live here, they are now switching to Pennetta-Schruff

and now they are showing nadal , eurosport 2 a re-live of sugiyama and belgian tv showed clijsters and now nadal to :)

tommystar
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I have Eurosport International with Hungarian commentary, and on another channel German Eurosport, which often shown different matches.

E.g. right now Es Int has Clijsters from tape till Venus arrives court, German has Kuznetsova live.

LostGlory
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM

I get like so many Eurosports channels in different Languages and I pick up which ever language I want....well they had some bad choice of matches yesterday I agree but maybe they can only show certain courts at certain times...
I like Eurosports because they show loads of tennis and also because and I love to listen to Jo Dure commenting she is an excellent commentator...I love how she analyzes and notices stuff she is very good, Chris is ok too but at the USOPEN it seems some one else is with him. The First Time I hear this lady....

Lady
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:14 AM

No generalizations, please!! :p
I have good old ES Int, that showed Serena! :angel:

Lady
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:20 AM
But I do dream every day to get read of Russian commentators. The make me sick literally!

And lately Russian ES completely shuts down all the sound from the court, you can hear no crowd, no calls, absolutely nothing! :mad:
You don't feel the match at all! :fiery:

marmite1
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Agree with Pengwin, British Eurosport is absolute rubbish. The time slots are not done properly so you either miss the begining games or miss the last set. And, British Eurosport doesnt have the rights for uso tennis past 12.30.

Dexter
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Yes, yesterday Eurosport sucked. In the begging there was the German commentating, then for most of the time I couldn't hear any comments, and then again during Gasquet-Martin and Szarapowa-Daniilidou English... :rolleyes:

Renaissance
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Eurosport International is free and you should be happy,in France althought Eurosport is a french channel (belongs to TF1),we pay since its creation in 1989.

Lady
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Eurosport International is free and you should be happy,in France althought Eurosport is a french channel (belongs to TF1),we pay since its creation in 1989.

Exactly!
ES is a very cheap channel, and people complain like they're paying hundreds to watch it! :rolleyes:

shooze4ever
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:34 PM

Hi,

I am new here (mostly lurk/read) but this has galvanized me into action to post. I have ES International on satellite and Dutch ES on cable. To my dismay, (yet AGAIN) ES International showed the Schruff match.:-( However, the local (Dutch)ES had Serena and then Nadal. I wrote to ES International (like every year when International=German) to ask them WHY they do this. They have yet to reply. (this year) It has something to do with money. I speak German, I just don't want to watch tennis listening to it. It makes me (almost) wish that every German player goes out in the 1st round.

vutt
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Hi,

I am new here (mostly lurk/read) but this has galvanized me into action to post. I have ES International on satellite and Dutch ES on cable. To my dismay, (yet AGAIN) ES International showed the Schruff match.

I wonder what sattelite you are watching? From Hotbird (pos.13E) it has always been in English.

Btw. you can see how many Eurosports actually exists from here :http://www.lyngsat-address.com/df/Eurosport.html :angel:

Lady
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Hi,

I am new here (mostly lurk/read) but this has galvanized me into action to post. I have ES International on satellite and Dutch ES on cable. To my dismay, (yet AGAIN) ES International showed the Schruff match.:-( However, the local (Dutch)ES had Serena and then Nadal. I wrote to ES International (like every year when International=German) to ask them WHY they do this. They have yet to reply. (this year) It has something to do with money. I speak German, I just don't want to watch tennis listening to it. It makes me (almost) wish that every German player goes out in the 1st round.

And here is your answer: (Trust me, the answer comes directly from ES) ;)

Joana,

Your cable TV provider is giving you German Eurosport all along, not just during the USO. If you wonder how come you’re getting an English commentator when other tournaments are being played it’s because the British ES is broadcasting the same match simultaneously with the German ES and those who live in non-German speaking country automatically get an English commentating. For example Acura Classic was one of the tournaments that had a simultaneous broadcast between British and German ES.

The reason why you’re getting a German ES commentating of the USO in German is because Sky Sports have the main distribution rights in the UK for the USO and British ES gets the “left overs” and shows a different match than German ES, therefore simultaneous broadcasting is impossible.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Sky gonna show Blake vs Rusedski straight after Roger wins in next 20 mins, thats why.

Henman :rolls:

Joana
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Start of Day 2
Federer LIVE with David Mercer commentating :D :D

Yes :D
We also had English commentators last night. I don't know what's going on, just hope it stays this way.

vutt
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Yes :D
We also had English commentators last night. I don't know what's going on, just hope it stays this way.

LOL! Hail to the power of wtaworld threads :worship: ;)

korben
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:38 PM
FUredderererererer, Hungman, Drugsedski. All in a row. You gotta be kidding me :fiery:

:smash::yawn: