PDA

View Full Version : Serena Looks Fit To Me

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I don't know what the hell everybody is talking about, especially Tracy Austin, but I am looking at Serena right now and she looks a lot better than when I last saw her.

volta
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:43 PM
she sure is ALOT better

Helen Lawson
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I used to dismiss Tracy Austin as a "brainless broad" but after she was like the ONLY person to pick Maria to beat Serena in last year's Wimbledon final, I pay much closer attention to what she says now.

SJW
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:44 PM
i dunno about fit but she sure is stunning. i love the outfit. and the hair.

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:45 PM
The French commentator just said she still looks a bit overweighted

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:46 PM
She is fitter than Wimbledon for sure, but not near her best fitness. I think it's enough to win this title though as long as she continues to build on her form.

Justineladivine
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Jolly good. I want the best players to be in top shape and give all they've got. Nothing sadder than a depleted field because of injuries. May they all be up to their best and may the best of them win this much coveted title. Plus a major without the Williamses at their top is always less exciting.

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I don't know what the hell everybody is talking about, especially Tracy Austin, but I am looking at Serena right now and she looks a lot better than when I last saw her.
If Wimbledon was the last time you saw Serena, Liz, then there was nowhere for her to go but up. Still, if she's nervy enough to wear $40K worth of bling while she's playing, then she's obviously regained some confidence, and a confident Serena is a dangerous Serena. ;)

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:49 PM

Maybe to him, but to me she looks a lot better. Not sluggish as she was at Wimbledon.

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Maybe to him, but to me she looks a lot better. Not sluggish as she was at Wimbledon.

Yeah that's sure

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
If Wimbledon was the last time you saw Serena, Liz, then there was nowhere for her to go but up. Still, if she's nervy enough to wear $40K worth of bling while she's playing, then she's obviously regained some confidence, and a confident Serena is a dangerous Serena. ;)

Wimbledon was the last time I saw her. I didin't see her match from Canada.

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:52 PM
A LOT better than Wimbledon... She's definitely going in the right direction. Chan has some talent, she just looks overwhelmed by the situation. She needs a better serve to compete with the big girls...

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I used to dismiss Tracy Austin as a "brainless broad" but after she was like the ONLY person to pick Maria to beat Serena in last year's Wimbledon final, I pay much closer attention to what she says now.She also picked Sharapova to beat Serena at OZ, Sharapova to beat Davenport at Miami, and Sharapova to beat Venus at Wimbledon. She's now 'brainless', by any means, but she has her biases, and she lets them affect her analysis.

Maryamator
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:53 PM
i think serena is playing very good and she looks fit to me.;)

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:54 PM
She's playing :eek: so far
That forehand is :worship:

ezekiel
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Serena's movement is still very sluggish though :awww:

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Serena's movement is still very sluggish though :awww:

Yeah and she's over-emotionnal IMO

ampers&
Oh no...she has the curly Diana Ross weave again. :sad:
But she's still looks sexy...:drool:
AND she's playing much better...
Still a little sluggish, but better than the Canadian Open and Wimbledon.

volta
yeah her movement is not all that great today

arn
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Serena plays ok, but I'm far from convinced... When the balls are coming right at her, she's the great Serena from some years ago, but on the move (especially to her backhand), there's still room for improvement.

What I noticed: The old Serena would go for an offensive shot on the defense, this Serena plays a rather safe shot.

jan.
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM
She looks tons better then in Wimbledon watching the match live now...

SJW
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
shes doing ok. this is her second match since Wimbledon and shes still 6-1 1-2

ampers&
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Serena plays ok, but I'm far from convinced... When the balls are coming right at her, she's the great Serena from some years ago, but on the move (especially to her backhand), there's still room for improvement.

What I noticed: The old Serena would go for an offensive shot on the defense, this Serena plays a rather safe shot.
Well, when you're not completely fit, that's what you have to do.:shrug:
She'll regan that form soon.
By next year, she'll be completely back.

Joana
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't know. I'm watching the ultra exciting encounter between Flavia Penetta and Julia Schruff on Eurosport!!! :banana:

Mr Snuggles
She also picked Sharapova to beat Serena at OZ, Sharapova to beat Davenport at Miami, and Sharapova to beat Venus at Wimbledon. She's now 'brainless', by any means, but she has her biases, and she lets them affect her analysis.

I'm no Austin fan and I hate having to defend her but....Sharapova had beaten Serena, Venus and Davenport in their previous meeting so it isn't as if her analysis was totally out of left field.

ezekiel
wow Chan breaks her on a double fault 3-1 :bounce:

LeRoy.
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah and she's over-emotionnal IMO

For a person who "also likes" Serena you sure are over critical of her :)

arn
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
By next year, she'll be completely back.

Let's hope so!

LeRoy.
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't know. I'm watching the ultra exciting encounter between Flavia Penetta and Julia Schruff on Eurosport!!! :banana:

:tape: Don't you like watching Eurosport Germany i mean international

venusfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Looks fit but she's playing shit shit

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:35 PM
she's been fitter...

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:38 PM

They are back on serve now.

willrock
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:38 PM
She can run! That's already not that bad :lol: . She is not ridiculous, like she was in Wimbly.
But she is far from fit... Look at her huge butt :eek:!

LeRoy.
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM

In other news Ana I trails LLW 1-3 :awww:

ampers&
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:40 PM
In other news Ana I trails LLW 1-3 :awww:
meh...she'll come back.

venusfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:41 PM
yep.. Serena definately could be fitter.. 2002 US Open Catsuit outfit was what I will measure her up to because she was just FIT.

ampers&
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:42 PM
yep.. Serena definately could be fitter.. 2002 US Open Catsuit outfit was what I will measure her up to because she was just FIT.
Thank you Captian Obvious.

alfajeffster
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I don't think she's playing well at all. Way to many forehands and backhands where she's just brushing up the back of the ball and pushing it with a deep, loopy kind of shot. She's not hitting the ball with any convinction most of the time. She'll have to tighten up her game quite a bit before the end of the week, that's for sure. Hope to see it happen.

blumaroo
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Can somebody describe Serenas opponent? Is she a promising young player?

alfajeffster
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Can somebody describe Serenas opponent? Is she a promising young player?

She's a nice player with a two-handed backhand who hits the ball pretty flat. She kind of reminds me a little bit of Kimiko Date the way she holds the racquet and hits with her arm on that forehand. Hey, she's pretty impressive for a 15 year old.

venusfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Just to add a couple of images.. of Before and After:

Before: 2002-2003

http://www.mojb.net/ojb/serena.jpg

Now 2004-Now - Needs some work

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050827/capt.nyll10308272201.arthur_ashe_kids_day_nyll103. jpg

serenafan08
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Serena looked pretty good today. She's still got some work to do, but it all uphill from here. Her footwork is still suspect, and that will improve with match play. She was able to run down a lot of balls, and it didn't look like she felt too much pain. She doing great with her training; she should keep it up.

UDiTY
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:46 PM
She doesn't have the little belly she had at Wimbledon but she isn't even close to as fit as she was in '02 and '03.

Chan didn't really make her move, she looks just thicker to me...she still has a long way to go.

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Just to add a couple of images.. of Before and After:

Before: 2002-2003

http://www.mojb.net/ojb/serena.jpg

Now 2004-Now - Needs some work

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050827/capt.nyll10308272201.arthur_ashe_kids_day_nyll103. jpg
Serena definitely looks better now than she did at Wimbledon, but compared to her and Billie Jean, Kournikova looks anorexic. By the way, what was Kournikova even doing there? That was a TENNIS event. ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
she can't magically be fit after this serious injury and after saying that she is now motivated to after wimbledon. it's been 6 weeks and it sure looks to me that she has stepped forward and gotten on the road to getting back up there again.

I am proud of her and have faith in her, she looks great right now. maybe a little less than the aus open of this year.

azinna
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Well, like all persons human, it may have been easier for Serena to get and stay fit when she was younger. It's going to take much more time to get back to the catsuit form than it did to get out of it. She's going forward. I pray she keeps the foot on the pedal, not back off, as she did in Nov-March.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM
shes fitter than wimbledon but not FIT

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Well, like all persons human, it may have been easier for Serena to get and stay fit when she was younger. It's going to take much more time to get back to the catsuit form than it did to get out of it. She's going forward. I pray she keeps the foot on the pedal, not back off, as she did in Nov-March.
It was easier for her to get and stay fit at age 20 than at age 23? :confused:

tennisbum79
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Serena definitely looks better now than she did at Wimbledon, but compared to her and Billie Jean, Kournikova looks anorexic. By the way, what was Kournikova even doing there? That was a TENNIS event. ;)

Kournikova does look anorexic. Her knee look bony. But maybe she's always looked that way

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:07 AM

Stop it!!! :mad: I've never even seen Julia Schruff. :mad: :rolleyes:

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Kournikova does look anorexic. Her knee look bony. But maybe she's always looked that way

Don't think Anna looks anoreixc. :confused: Serena is still looking sloppy to me. :shrug:

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Don't think Anna looks anoreixc. :confused: Serena is still looking sloppy to me. :shrug:
Yes, I mean in the picture at her knees region

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Yes, I mean in the picture at her knees region

Umm, not really. :shrug: It's just the angle. I don't see it.

thelittlestelf
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Much fitter than Wimbledon but not to what I would consider her usual level of fitness. Hopefully that will come with time :).

thelittlestelf
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:23 AM
I loved Serena today. Her hits were accurate and hard. I still think her agility and movement can do some work.

Though, isn't that what she was always like? Slow but a hard hitter? Or was that Davenport?Serena was the best mover on tour in '02 along with Venus, sounds like you need to watch some vintage Serena matches!

Even today she got to a lot of balls that only a handfull (if that) of other players could get to, but her footwork was very sloppy at times today. She should get her footwork back with some more match play, though.

azinna
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:26 AM
It was easier for her to get and stay fit at age 20 than at age 23? :confused:

That's actually very possible (and common), darrin.

K-Dog
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:30 AM
I loved Serena today. Her hits were accurate and hard. I still think her agility and movement can do some work.

Though, isn't that what she was always like? Slow but a hard hitter? Or was that Davenport?

Wow son, you need to watch tennis!! Serena is like a track athlete at her best. Serena looks better, but seemed reserved with her movement. She only moved hard when she had to. She needs to loss at least 10 lbs. of fat and add 5 lbs. of muscle to make me happy. She's better than Wimbledon, but that isn't saying much.

To note, the more Serena can practice and play matches, the more weight she'll lose and the more fit she'll become.

tennisbum79
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Umm, not really. :shrug: It's just the angle. I don't see it.

You mean this is an angle issue?
You may be right. I do not know too much about photography

Stamp Paid
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:36 AM
She does look fit.

Im more concerned with her injury though and feeling any pain in her knee.

She is not serving well at all though. Thats the key to her doing well, the serve. Shes altered her motion and shes not getting the placement or pace on the ball that she was earilier this year. :unsure:

Stamp Paid
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Wow son, you need to watch tennis!! Serena is like a track athlete at her best. Serena looks better, but seemed reserved with her movement. She only moved hard when she had to. She needs to loss at least 10 lbs. of fat and add 5 lbs. of muscle to make me happy. She's better than Wimbledon, but that isn't saying much.

To note, the more Serena can practice and play matches, the more weight she'll lose and the more fit she'll become.

Which Im sure is her goal. :)

Foot_Fault
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:04 AM
This is OverWeight...
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Fat/v=2/SID=e/TID=I053_87/l=IVI/SIG=12iuc79bu/EXP=1125453710/*-http%3A//oregonstate.edu/~tellerit/Pirate4x4%20Chops/fat%20owned.jpg

Serena is NO WHERE NEAR OVERWEIGHT! NO WHERE
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050829/capt.xnyf10608291713.us_open__xnyf106.jpg

leokennan
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:59 AM
obviously,she regards the USO as a big party rather than a competition

Stamp Paid
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:10 AM
obviously,she regards the USO as a big party rather than a competition

Obviously.

ivanovic
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:16 AM
she looks angry and desperate for some reason, pics of her on the getty images site are friggin :scared: she looks pissed off :rolleyes:

she and sharapova are screaming and pumpin their fists like nuts :tape: , jesus hust relax :rolleyes: seriously, Why arent they cool and calm like Davenport and Federer :cool:, they've got nothin to prove both hold a grand slam title and both were No.1 :rolleyes: so just play the blody game :cool:

Rub
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:34 AM
nice outfit! :dance:

thelittlestelf
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:39 AM
obviously,she regards the USO as a big party rather than a competitionYeah, a total party for her considering she's only won it twice. She doesn't mean business at all, obviously.

:aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty: