PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova blasts USA tennis fans

Mudbone
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:00 PM
'The American's are loud boistrous and don't follow proper protocol' !!

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!!! After all that arse kissing you fools have done for this overhyped prima-dona this is the thanks you get!!! hehehehehohohoho

SJW
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:05 PM
link?

goldenlox
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:06 PM
US fans must love her. Why else would they put Maria's match on primetime in the USA?
It's a Greek vs a Russian, after midnite in Europe.
But the US fans want to see her, more than the Americans.
So she's on at night in the US.

venusfan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:06 PM
and this whore tracy austin saying sharapova is the most exciting player on tour.. PLEASE...

Wimbledon_VIP
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Well, that's partly true, especially in thsoe Roddick matches:rolleyes:.....

Mudbone
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM
link?

Don't play the 'link' game with me!!! I assure you she said it...The media is trying to protect from herself by playing it down...But i promise you, i didn't make this up to stir the pot..Its an actual true quote from the Russian diva!!!!

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!!! After all that arse kissing you fools have done for this overhyped prima-dona this is the thanks you get!!! hehehehehohohoho

If this is true, can you provide the entire aritcle or the link to the article so that everyone can see it?

volta
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:11 PM
no one will believe it if u don't post a link. if u dont u will be the one bashed here and no im not hating on u just warning u what u might face a bit ahead ;)

Mudbone
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:11 PM
and this whore tracy austin saying sharapova is the most exciting player on tour.. PLEASE...

I am sure she does excite Tracy more than any other player...But Miss Austin does not speak for all tennis fans..

Oneofakind0490
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I heard her say it yesterday during top spin on CBS.

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:12 PM
link?

SJW
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:14 PM
link?
hmm how original griff! :nerner::lol:

so you have no link?

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM
hmm how original griff! :nerner::lol:

so you have no link?

You're a trend-setter, what can I say? :tape:

shtexas
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM
She said it on the USO preview show yesterday, BUT it is only part of what she said. I don't know if there is a link to it, but the rest of what she said was about her liking the different atmosphere. If you saw it as a whole, it was not so bad.

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:22 PM
She did say that. She also said it was a different atmosphere.

Portobello
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Don't play the 'link' game with me!!! I assure you she said it...The media is trying to protect from herself by playing it down...But i promise you, i didn't make this up to stir the pot..Its an actual true quote from the Russian diva!!!!
I dont want to play "link" game with yu :o ,but i want to see the link to make sure her words n want to read the entire sentense ;)

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Well,she's right. If you look at the US Open there's always lots of noise,people walking around and in and out of the stadium,etc... And we shouldn't even mention those ear shattering airplanes that fly over every couple of seconds....I don't mind,spectators really get involved in the matches and this chaotic atmosphere makes the US Open different from the other slams,but you can't say that they follow "proper protocol" there. :smoke:

Pengwin
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
What about the French then :o

jacobruiz
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=goldenlox]US fans must love her. Why else would they put Maria's match on primetime in the USA?
It's a Greek vs a Russian, after midnite in Europe.
But the US fans want to see her, more than the Americans.

UM..US fans ARE americans :rolleyes: Ps..LET THE AMERICA BASHING BEGIN!! :woohoo: :ras:

lizchris
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:38 PM

Well, it depends on who you ask. And if you ask me, she is not the most exciting player on tour. Overhyped, maybe, but not exciting.

SelesFan70
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:38 PM
This is hardly news...the NYC crowds have always been boisterous...it's part of the "charm" of the US Open. Typical Maria hater. :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
What's weird about this is that she's grown up here since she was like 7 so what else would she be used to??

jacobruiz
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:45 PM
What's weird about this is that she's grown up here since she was like 7 so what else would she be used to??

Maria said it was different (from Wimbledon, the FO,etc.). That's not the same as not being used to it.

Sorry, haters. Nothing here to feed on.:rolleyes:

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:46 PM

I take it you actually heard her? Was she really complaining or just stating a (fairly obvious) difference?

Helen Lawson
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
She could call the America public "fat ugly slobs who aren't fit to kiss my shoes" and she'd still be Miss Popularity. When you're young, blonde, and beautiful, you can write you own ticket, and do and say whatever you want.

Albireo
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:49 PM

I realize that this is an Internet forum (etiquette and decency be hanged and all that) but the use of the word 'whore' in your statement is entirely unnecessary.

hotandspicey
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I heard her say it too, on US open preview. She said that Americans were loud and noisy,always standing up during matches, and she didn't think it was proper. Exactly what she said! It's amazing how money and fame after having nothing, suddenly allows you to see others as not being proper.Wonder what she thinks of the French crowd. They should have asked her.:rolleyes:

Mr Snuggles
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Someone should provide a link (if there is one) or post the entire statement instead of an edited version so we can see the CONTEXT inwhich it was said.

Portobello
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:04 PM
hahah it's funny that when she told the truth,ppl call her arrogant but
when she said nice things,ppl still think she's faking it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's life :o

Mudbone
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM
She could call the America public "fat ugly slobs who aren't fit to kiss my shoes" and she'd still be Miss Popularity. When you're young, blonde, and beautiful, you can write you own ticket, and do and say whatever you want.

Helllooooo!!!! Someone finally gets it!!! The reason its not a big media issue is she is blond!!! If Serena or Venus said this the tennis media would be all over them...American tennis fans would be ready to crucify!!! But everyone wants to keep kissing her rear end for no other reason than she is the blond haired hope!!!!! Sick sick sick

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:09 PM
I take it you actually heard her? Was she really complaining or just stating a (fairly obvious) difference?

Yes I heard her. She wasn't complaining really, it was almost like she was surprised by the way Americans act in the crowds, so she said it with a little giggle. She just said it was different as if she never experienced it before. It wasn't like she was pleased with the behaviour she stated, but she was just stating what she thought about the crowd.

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I heard her say it too, on US open preview. She said that Americans were loud and noisy,always standing up during matches, and she didn't think it was proper. Exactly what she said! It's amazing how money and fame after having nothing, suddenly allows you to see others as not being proper.Wonder what she thinks of the French crowd. They should have asked her.:rolleyes:

Our german eurosport commentator just said the same about the crowd...and itīs true, come on! This is the US Open, itīs like a tennis rock concert, always been that way and like it or not, it makes the tourney unique. There arenīt a lot of foreign players who love to play the USO, itīs just different. Ever heard a non-American naming the USO as their fave slam?

Letīs get the party started!!! :bounce:

Infiniti2001
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Hey I heard her. I had recorded CBS's womens' preview, uploaded it, but didn't think it was worth any beans :lol: Anyway, here it is.. I had to dig my old email for it :p

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=23HUNZ9D

Mudbone
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM

Be careful....Being honest and thoughtful will get you labeled a Maria Sharapova hater!!! Someone has already called me a hater for simply posting the truth about what she said...No matter how you slice it..Her statement was not respectful of American tennis fans...Maria did not intend it to be respectful nor complimentary.....There is no way to minimize the meaning of her words...She was quite clear.....

Mr Snuggles
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Just heard it for myself, some people need to get a grip. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

darrinbaker00
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Except, of course, when when they buy all the products she endorses..... :tape:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Much ado about nothing. What Sharapova said is NOTHING compared to what people here say about her or other players. Why is it ok for "fans" to call players whores,bitches,etc,but as soon as a player says the tiniest thing (and probably quoted out of context at that) it's a major issue? :smoke:

Helllooooo!!!! Someone finally gets it!!! The reason its not a big media issue is she is blond!!! If Serena or Venus said this the tennis media would be all over them...American tennis fans would be ready to crucify!!! But everyone wants to keep kissing her rear end for no other reason than she is the blond haired hope!!!!! Sick sick sick

Portobello
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Be careful....Being honest and thoughtful will get you labeled a Maria Sharapova hater!!! Someone has already called me a hater for simply posting the truth about what she said...No matter how you slice it..Her statement was not respectful of American tennis fans...Maria did not intend it to be respectful nor complimentary.....There is no way to minimize the meaning of her words...She was quite clear.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yu're patriot,man :lol: :lol: :lol:

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:23 PM

She may not particularly LIKE the noise, but there is a difference between stating the obvious (the USO is noisy and has a lot of distractions, and the crowds are more boisterous than most other non-RG crowds - something that has been noted by others, and at times with pride by some Americans) and "blasting" people.

The only thing "thoughtful" about your post (and thread title) was the thought and effort you put into getting a fight started.

Cariaoke
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Griff is on a roll... as usual. :( :angel:

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I was just wondering what she thought of her father's behavior at the YEC last year? :confused:

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I was just wondering what she thought of her father's behavior at the YEC last year? :confused:

Oooh, that's a good point.

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Except, of course, when when they buy all the products she endorses..... :tape:
Or when it's her and her father. Oh, but they're not Americans. :p

SJW
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:39 PM
the continuous fascination with Sharapova is surprising and somewhat annoying.
yes the USO crowd is obnoxious and arrogant and loud but thats what makes it the USO. and its not a bad thing. most of the time

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:43 PM
:yawn:

I heard her say it, it must not have been that bad coz I had forgotten all about it till I saw this thread :tape::haha:

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:44 PM

:lol: probably too close to home for her to objective about :lol:

*Karen*
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:46 PM
There are worse crowds than New York. Wimbledon crowds sleep or sit in silence and the Frenc crowd is just evil.

morningglory
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Ah well... Maria once said she'd love to kick Roddick's ass and so forth... etc. yet laughs it off and she and Roddick are friends
When you quote someone you need to consider in what way the comment was made, light-hearted, joking, sarcastic? That's the problem with just looking at the words spoken, one of the limits of written communication :)

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM
:lol: probably too close to home for her to objective about :lol:

pft,who is? (and no, I wouldn't expect Serena, Venus, Jenn Cap, Lindsay, Nathalie Dechy or anyone else to call out oon of their parents in public, either)

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Ah well... Maria once said she'd love to kick Roddick's ass and so forth... etc. yet laughs it off and she and Roddick are friends
When you quote someone you need to consider in what way the comment was made, light-hearted, joking, sarcastic? That's the problem with just looking at the words spoken, one of the limits of written communication :)
Most of us heard it first hand on the USO preview yesterday.

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:07 PM
pft,who is? (and no, I wouldn't expect Serena, Venus, Jenn Cap, Lindsay, Nathalie Dechy or anyone else to call out oon of their parents in public, either)
Yeah, but you know what they say about people that live in glass houses. :wavey:

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I agree,I like the New York crowds. But all that Sharapova said is that they are loud,and everyone agrees that they are loud. So,what's the big deal over her saying something that basically everyone knows is right? :shrug: :smoke:
She also said she didn't think that their behavior is proper. :)

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I am, but I'm not sure how it applies, since I've never heard Sharapova complain about Richard or any other tennis parent (thought to be honest, I don't pay that much attention to her interviews.

Or were you referring to YOUR comment about HER father?

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:12 PM

I wouldn't tolerate that from my parents.... but that's just me :p

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Really? Wow! The nerve on that girl! :rolleyes: :smoke:

She also said she didn't think that their behavior is proper. :)

Martian KC
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Eh. It's true, but I have a hard time believing she used those exact words. Protocol? Protocol? Protocol?

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I am, but I'm not sure how it applies, since I've never heard Sharapova complain about Richard or any other tennis parent (thought to be honest, I don't pay that much attention to her interviews.

Or were you referring to YOUR comment about HER father?
Are you talking to me? :confused:

If so, I was referring to HER making negative comments about the USO attendants and their behavior, knowing that her father behaved very badly and improper at the YEC in LA last year. That's what I mean by people living in glass houses.

I really could care less that she said it, because who cares what she thinks. But, by the same token, I don't think she has room to talk about anyone's behavior at a tennis event.

selking
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:16 PM
she has played the french open right? Because i dont know how she could say this about us when france is like they are during roland garros

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Really? Wow! The nerve on that girl! :rolleyes: :smoke:
:rolleyes: To tell you the truth, no one really gives a shit. I was just adding to your comment, since you tried to make it seem like that's all she said.

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Eh. It's true, but I have a hard time believing she used those exact words. Protocol? Protocol? Protocol?
I didn't hear her say "protocol". I heard her say she didn't think their behavior was proper.

griffin
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:23 PM
If only we all held ourselves to the same standards we hold players when we posted here :lol:

Portobello
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:28 PM
If only we all held ourselves to the same standards we hold players when we posted here :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maria speech'll turn to be tiniest thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I know,and I didn't mean to sound sarcastic to you personally. It's just that some posters don't behave in the same way that they expect from the players that makes me roll my eyes every now and then. They are ever so eager to say nasty things about players while the things they themselves are used to saying are often much worse. I mean,"American crowds are loud and don't behave properly",how does that compare as a statement with "Sharapova (or any other player) is a bitch,whore,bimbo,stupid,etc..". :smoke:

:rolleyes: To tell you the truth, no one really gives a shit. I was just adding to your comment, since you tried to make it seem like that's all she said.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Exactly. :smoke:

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Exactly. :smoke:
Like I said, I don't really care what she thinks about American anything. It is the "American Market" that loves her and is bowing and kissing her feet. So, I think that they are the ones who should be :speakles: at her comment, hoping it doesn't get out to the public at large. The only thing that bothered me was that she is fully aware of her father's behavior at the YEC last year, from running onto the court, to cursing out a fan and then she criticizes the behavior of the American fans at the USO for improper behavior? :retard: When I heard her say it, I just :rolleyes: You wanna talk about hypocrisy? Oh, but I forgot, she's only 18. She'll learn, I guess. :rolleyes:

TeamUSA#1
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I am pretty indifferent to Maria--- COULD TAKE HER OR LEAVE HER, -----but some posters here are making some shit up. She said it was noisy and different and that the crowd really got into the matches and THAT WAS WHY SHE REALLY ENJOYED PLAYING IN NEW YORK.....

alfajeffster
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I know,and I didn't mean to sound sarcastic to you personally. It's just that some posters don't behave in the same way that they expect from the players that makes me roll my eyes every now and then. They are ever so eager to say nasty things about players while the things they themselves are used to saying are often much worse. I mean,"American crowds are loud and don't behave properly",how does that compare as a statement with "Sharapova (or any other player) is a bitch,whore,bimbo,stupid,etc..". :smoke:

You forgot my personal favorite: "Chrissie the slut"!:lol:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. And by the way,I'm not a Sharapova fan either,Jen's my girl! ;) Like I said,I suspected that Sharapova was quoted out of context. Easy to make someone look bad by doing that. The trashy magazines do it all the time. :smoke:

I am pretty indifferent to Maria--- COULD TAKE HER OR LEAVE HER, -----but some posters here are making some shit up. She said it was noisy and different and that the crowd really got into the matches and THAT WAS WHY SHE REALLY ENJOYED PLAYING IN NEW YORK.....

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Where did you hear that? Must have been something different from the USO Preview Show. I don't doubt she said it, but the thread starter didn't make it up. Several of us heard it. But, you don't have to take my word for it and I suggest you don't, because I am a proud Sharapova hater.:p But, some others who heard it are indifferent and have no motive to make it up. :shrug:

TeamUSA#1
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Heard it during an interview with her on TV yesterday

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Heard it during an interview with her on TV yesterday
Well, she said this what was quoted here during a clip of an interview on the USO Preview Show on CBS. Like I said, I don't doubt you that she said that also. But, she did say what the thread starter and the rest of us said she said about the American crowd.

cheo23
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Some Posters in here, just Love to STart DRAMA & question her Father's behavior during the YEC, which has NOthing to DO w/ NEw York & her commments....its like WHATEver & Get iT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MISS MASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Yes,but I hear a lot of love and longing in the intonation of your voice when you're saying that. :p You better get her out of your mind though,because Chrissie is ALL MINE :drool: :drink: (daze can have Tracy as a consolation :lol: ) :smoke:

You forgot my personal favorite: "Chrissie the slut"!:lol:

TeamUSA#1
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Well, she said this what was quoted here during a clip of an interview on the USO Preview Show on CBS. Like I said, I don't doubt you that she said that also. But, she did say what the thread starter and the rest of us said she said about the American crowd.

Not debating that she said it, but the thread starter left of the last part of the quote which was about how all of that were the reasons she liked playing in NY.

In other words, she never ripped the American crowds, she said she liked the different atmosphere

middy
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:11 PM

OMG I actually agree with Sharapova :tape: Now excuse me to drown myself in some tequila http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/images/smiles/leaving.gif

cheo23
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Not debating that she said it, but the thread starter left of the last part of the quote which was about how all of that were the reasons she liked playing in NY.

In other words, she never ripped the American crowds, she said she liked the different atmosphere
so Basically the THread-starter Needs to CHANGE THE TITLE of the THRead...I guess he/she just WANTS Attention...PLEASE!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

gentenaire
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:17 PM
A few things you should know about annoying posters like SJW, Griffin and me is that we like to see the whole story. Quotes can easily be taken out of context. And when there's such a huge spelling error in the quote, it's quite clear that it's not taken from an article.

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:19 PM

Well, yeah you kinda debated it. But, to be honest I didn't hear her say the rest of that, that that was the reason she liked playing in NY.

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:20 PM
A few things you should know about annoying posters like SJW, Griffin and me is that we like to see the whole story. Quotes can easily be taken out of context. And when there's such a huge spelling error in the quote, it's quite clear that it's not taken from an article.
It's not an article. It was a verbal interview on American television.

pav
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:03 PM
There was this young blonde Sheila came with a shearing gang once,and at eating time She could lean across the table right in front of You and spear a great big hunk of roast Mutton with Her bloody fork, and no one complained!

marmite1
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I think it depends how she put across. If you could tell from how she said it that she ment it in a derogratory way then obviously that is rude. But, if she ment it as a statement without malice then i dont see the problem.

RVD
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:13 PM
She could call the America public "fat ugly slobs who aren't fit to kiss my shoes" and she'd still be Miss Popularity. When you're young, blonde, and beautiful, you can write you own ticket, and do and say whatever you want.:haha: :haha: Helen, sometimes you slay me with your quick wit! :lol:

Alenyaa
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Oh please, give me a break. If it's the truth then don't be such a big baby for the one time she says something that does not carress your American patriotism!

-VSR-
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
This is why I don't like Maria Sharapova.

AlexB
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM
ok heres the deal, and im by no means a sharapova fan the overexposure is too much for me, but she is 1000% correct....i was standing next to a guy during the arnaud-udomchoke final round qualy match and he was chatting on his phone loudly during the third set tiebreak and in the outer courts people just go through them during points without any regard for the match going on talking amongst themselves, banging on the metal benches, dropping crap, not even having any idea who the players are, are and thats before the airplanes flying over....its a mess if you really think of it....i can see why people would hate playing here cause the tennis etiquite here is zero...thats the facts

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I think it depends how she put across. If you could tell from how she said it that she ment it in a derogratory way then obviously that is rude. But, if she ment it as a statement without malice then i dont see the problem.
Like I said, I don't care that she said it. She just said it so arrogantly, in light of her father's behavior at the YEC last year.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry if this bullshyt happens to be true then maybe she shouldn't bite the hand that's feeding her. Compared to French crowds American crowds are quiet reserved.
One thing American crowds don't like is a fake and they can see through a person a mile away. That's why they wanted Lindsay to beat Sharapova love and love at Pacific Life. She got embarassed oh well. Stop trying to be in a media purgatory with Europe, America, and Mother Russia.
I fell asleep at Sharapova's match during the Advanta Championships last year. Noone woke me up except for Sharapova's grunting. So if anyone is loud she is.

lindsayno1
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:34 PM
'The American's are loud SHES loud!!! *screech*

roarke
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I heard it. She said it yesterday on TV right after the Arthur Ashe kids day celebration when Mary Carillo and Dick were doing the Us Open preview...

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
We ARE loud. But we shut up before the serve, and we don't (anymore than anyone else) shout at the players and try to distract them during points. Some places, they're prety quiet all the time except polite applause. We are what we are. Nobody ever talks about how 'shy and retiring' the average American is.

Alenyaa
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry if this bullshyt happens to be true then maybe she shouldn't bite the hand that's feeding her. Compared to French crowds American crowds are quiet reserved.
One thing American crowds don't like is a fake and they can see through a person a mile away. That's why they wanted Lindsay to beat Sharapova love and love at Pacific Life. She got embarassed oh well. Stop trying to be in a media purgatory with Europe, America, and Mother Russia.
I fell asleep at Sharapova's match during the Advanta Championships last year. Noone woke me up except for Sharapova's grunting. So if anyone is loud she is.
Oh you've got to be kidding!

marmite1
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Like I said, I don't care that she said it. She just said it so arrogantly, in light of her father's behavior at the YEC last year.

I dont know how she said it so I couldnt agree or disagree with you. But, if she did say it arrogantly then :(

Black Mamba.
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
How can she hear anything over her loud grunts?

Brandon85
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
and this whore tracy austin saying sharapova is the most exciting player on tour.. PLEASE...more exciting than venus...oh lord you people are so jeallous.

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Oh you've got to be kidding!

Nope. I'm not. When you get a chance though ask Nadal how the French crowd is compared to the American crowds.

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
she sucks

Denise4925
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:03 PM
more exciting than venus...oh lord you people are so jeallous.
:haha: Yeah, we are just dying of jealousy of her ass-whippin' by Venus at Wimbledon.

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I agree because the fans in the stands are from a melting pot of people and culture from all over the world. You have your French, your English, your Australians, Greek, Indian and then you have your American. Alot of culture actually cheer loud and get boisterious during sporting events. I mean this slam when it comes to the fanbase is the most diversified of them all and you will get noise, PLENTY of noise.

Dawn Marie
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM
RG when it comes to movement and the noise during slam tennis, RG is nowhere near as noisy as The US Open. RG crowd cheer LOUDLY for their favorite but the US open crowds are noisy as hell.

Lynx
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:33 PM
UM..US fans ARE americans :rolleyes: Ps..LET THE AMERICA BASHING BEGIN!! :woohoo: :ras:I think s/he meant "But the US fans want to see her more than the American (player)s." ;).

We don't need to bash Americans, btw - they're doing that themselves very nicely, by being loud and boisterous, and not following proper protocol! :( :ras:.

:lol: :tape:

SJW
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:34 PM
i was under the impression this thread was about Maria Sharapova.

Denise4925
I think s/he meant "But the US fans want to see her, more than the American (player)s." ;).

We don't need to bash Americans, btw - they're doing that themselves very nicely, by being loud and boisterous, and not following proper protocol! :( :ras:.

:lol: :tape:
:haha:

Dawn Marie

Venus just won Wimbeldon after a long lay off of slam wins. I think most Venus fans are happy and giddy at the moment. How can one be jealous of Masha being a Vee fan? Venus has her own business and is smart as a whip, and a good competitior to boot. Come on, now.:lick:

SJW

how dare you call me annoying :lol:

:p

iWill
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:50 PM
the USO and FO crowds are pretty similar if you piss them off you'll get booed if they dont want you to win you'll get booed and if u play bad they still will boo you unless your american or french so i hope Sharapova gets booed alot shes just pissed because she lost in the 3rd last year. (brat)

jacobruiz
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:57 PM
:haha: So Masha actually said (paraphrased) that the USO crowds are loud, not "proper", and boisterous and that is one of the reasons she loves playing in N.Y.

And so far three pages of haters trying to start some lame-ass shit against her!

:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: GO MARIA! Your every word sets them off!:lol:

-VSR-
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Well lets see who the crowd cheers for tonight, I hope Danillidou!

RayRob
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:28 PM
:rolleyes: I would never of interpreted what she said on that preview in such a negative way....in fact I saw it as :shrug: "hey what can you do - they're just so excitable!" ;)

I love the Us open - it's my fave slam and I would love to be there to witness such an atmosphere - especially the night matches!

-Rache

Junex
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:35 PM

yeah right race card issue!

and i wonder why you started this thread.... :confused: :rolleyes:

Tati & Dani
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:37 PM
she's not the only one who said this, a lot of commentators talk abouth the noise the american fans make during a match.

Junex
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:39 PM
the continuous fascination with Sharapova is surprising and somewhat annoying.
yes the USO crowd is obnoxious and arrogant and loud but thats what makes it the USO. and its not a bad thing. most of the time

sometimes your hate makes you fabricate things.

as if you implied Maria said the word i bold.^ :rolleyes:

Junex
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:42 PM

Hater never knew a "lighthearted" comment from someone they hate...

like whatever trash they could find, throw it to her....

Pathetic really, and to think Williams fans knew this of all the fanbase, since they are almost always crying foul when a Williams qoute is being feasted upon on this board.....

I think its just popular instinct "getting-even" ......... :rolleyes:

Junex
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:46 PM

NO!

what you care is to find every oppurtunity to bash a player not named Williams!

geez.....

dnt sound like an angel or ethics police...its pathetic we knew your true colors! :rolleyes:

jacobruiz
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:48 PM
yeah right race card issue!

and i wonder why you started this thread.... :confused: :rolleyes:

I've never seen a player criticised for being "blonde", meaning white, more than Maria on these boards. Sad, really.

Renaissance
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:54 PM
What about the French then :o
Roland Garros is her second favourite tournament :rolleyes:

Junex
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I've never seen a player criticised for being "blonde", meaning white, more than Maria on these boards. Sad, really.

oh you knew why they hate Maria so much!
and it ain't about her color....

same could be said why Hingis fans hate the Williams...
Grafanatics hate Seles.....
and the list goes on...

Chrissie-fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:09 AM
"Team USA #1" already posted what Sharapova said and it's context,but nobody is interested in that because it doesn't make her look bad enough. :smoke:

NO!

geez.....

dnt sound like an angel or ethics police...its pathetic we knew your true colors! :rolleyes:

morningglory
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:18 AM
"Team USA #1" already posted what Sharapova said and it's context,but nobody is interested in that because it doesn't make her look bad enough
lol found it somewhere. Yep Maria was actually giving the US crowd a compliment. The thread starter obviously just picked some words and twist them out of context so as to start a bashing thread... I dissapprove... that's why it's almost mandatory to provide a link as to the actual source :)

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Oh she's basically American...she has a terrible accent when she speaks Russian...she spends all her time here and is really into American pop culture. She thinks she is America but doesn't want to say it because everyone will say "see I told you so."

American fans are much better than the European fans...

She's annoying...

morningglory
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Q. What is it about this Grand Slam that kind of separates it from the other three for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think everyone is just hyper and everyone is excited about the tennis. We're in a really crazy atmosphere here. The fans are so different compared to anywhere else in the world.
But, you know, that's the cool thing about tennis, is we travel around the world and we get to play in different atmospheres and feel the different vibe.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2005-08-29/200508291125333546152.html

Chrissie-fan
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:26 AM
The only reason why she's annoying to some is that she is too successful for their liking. If she wasn't any good nobody would care what she said,let alone feel the need to misquote her. :smoke:

Oh she's basically American...she has a terrible accent when she speaks Russian...she spends all her time here and is really into American pop culture. She thinks she is America but doesn't want to say it because everyone will say "see I told you so."

American fans are much better than the European fans...

She's annoying...

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Dont hate her for pointing out the obvious :rolleyes:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:05 AM
4 pages and counting...

Go Masha!!

Junex
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:22 AM
4 pages and counting...

Go Masha!!

yeah!

Own the Boards now!!!!

Tennisation
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Uhh...as if what Maria sed is shocking to all of us :rolleyes: , As an American, i kno we're obnoxious, New Yorkers are even worse. The guh is just tellin the truth.

franny
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Why is this such a big deal? Shit who the hell cares. If anyone else said it, no one would even care. But since Maria says it, everyone is jumping on her for saying it. I guess that's what you get for being a celebrity. Venus, Serena, and Maria are the only ones who get attacked for saying such things. If Davenport or Clijsters said it, everyone would be like, "omg it's so true, I love them and want to kiss their feet."

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:52 AM
:zzz:

SzavayFi
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:54 AM
And i was beginning to like maria :rolleyes: She can go straight to hell :wavey: -jk- :p I like her.... but she says that she has good tennis protocol? sheesh :o

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Some people appear so stunned that Maria could utter such words. This puzzles me - considering how rude she has been on and off court. The manner in which she behaved at the YEC towards and injured Serena, how she has on many occassion using aggressive body language told the crowd to shut up - how she snubbed fans of autographs in dubai (she just waved her hands - as though the kids stand in Doha one day).

There's something nasty about her behaviour SOMETIMES. But because she's 'cute' and blonde - like many psychological studies have shown - a blind eye is turned. Just call her fiesty (postitive / fiery). If this was Svetlana, or someone who looks like Molik - the word would be 'rude'.

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Some people appear so stunned that Maria could utter such words. This puzzles me - considering how rude she has been on and off court. The manner in which she behaved at the YEC towards and injured Serena, how she has on many occassion using aggressive body language told the crowd to shut up - how she snubbed fans of autographs in dubai (she just waved her hands - as though the kids stand in Doha one day).

There's something nasty about her behaviour SOMETIMES. But because she's 'cute' and blonde - like many psychological studies have shown - a blind eye is turned. Just call her fiesty (postitive / fiery). If this was Svetlana, or someone who looks like Molik - the word would be 'rude'.overly dramatic post once again ;)
you should start writing novels :cool:

whos doubting Maria said the words...but what exactly is wrong with what she said?

Q. What is it about this Grand Slam that kind of separates it from the other three for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think everyone is just hyper and everyone is excited about the tennis. We're in a really crazy atmosphere here. The fans are so different compared to anywhere else in the world.
But, you know, that's the cool thing about tennis, is we travel around the world and we get to play in different atmospheres and feel the different vibe.

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:12 AM
ppl shud read the entire statement before starting to bash her :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:19 AM
overly dramatic post once again ;)

whos doubting Maria said the words...but what exactly is wrong with what she said?

LOL. OoOoO - I'll take that as a compliment. You heard it here folks, Dan said i was a COMPELLING writing.

Well those words in your quote - aren't what were in the original post. It does not contain:

I have to admit, i haven't read all 4 pages (too lazy) - and i apologise if i'm WAY out of line. But the original post was probably intended to make her seem rude. I already believed she is - and offered SOME reasoning. It just so happens my post was girpping stuff lol.

It's my opinion, and it seemed approprate to share it here.

morningglory
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Dude... read the earlier posts.... ;)
True evidence confirms that Maria was giving the US crowd a compliment, duh

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:28 AM
LOL. OoOoO - I'll take that as a compliment. You heard it here folks, Dan said i was a COMPELLING writing. yes it was :lol:
compelling writing that looks far too deep into very minor issues

Well those words in your quote - aren't what were in the original post. It does not contain:

I have to admit, i haven't read all 4 pages (too lazy) - and i apologise if i'm WAY out of line. But the original post was probably intended to make her seem rude. I already believed she is - and offered SOME reasoning. It just so happens my post was girpping stuff lol.

It's my opinion, and it seemed approprate to share it here.
I could dig up quotes as far back as 2003 where Maria talks about the US crowd and how they act differently to other crowds. She always says it in a positive and humourous way and this is no exception...it wasnt rude at all...she enjoys it

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:29 AM
No one can stop the pain of the losers really. The nicest commentary I heard from not a hater, yet disliker was a.... "Allez Masha! :devil: " (If you don't understand, he was a juju fan thirsty for revenge)

Yet I heard so many, "Hell Yeah" about her losing to Eleni, and even though Maria was fearful of her injury having a renaissance on her, she still went I and OWNED all the haters tonight. You lose. Don't be so sore.

If Maria is the number one seed is because she is too good, or Lindsay, AMelie, Kim, Justine, Serena, Venus, LenaD, Svetlana, Patty, or anyone else I forgot to mentioned suck compared to her.

So far, for all the Sharaphobic....

You just got... OWNED!

http://www.omgpwned.net/pics/owned/tankguy.jpg

Don't even try. Just accept it, she is good.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:29 AM

Read my last post again. I apologised for making a mistake - and confessed i hadn't read 4 pages... come on! What i said in the first post was MY OPINION with relation to the first few posts.

It isn't bashing, but had she not been complimenting them (as yuo claim) - was arguing for why i wouldn't be surpised. Logically speaking - not even she's dumb enough to say something like that in public.

But i don't feel like arguing anymore - and don't ruin my mood. I'm still on cloud 9 - after Dan's compliment lol. A novelist - lil old me lol j/k (before i get a duh.. i KNOW it wasn't designed as a compliment!)

morningglory
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:33 AM
ok. we're cool, dude :cool: :D

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Read my last post again. I apologised for making a mistake - and confessed i hadn't read 4 pages... come on! What i said in the first post was MY OPINION with relation to the first few posts.

It isn't bashing, but had she not been complimenting them (as yuo claim) - was arguing for why i wouldn't be surpised. Logically speaking - not even she's dumb enough to say something like that in public.

But i don't feel like arguing anymore - and don't ruin my mood. I'm still on cloud 9 - after Dan's compliment lol. A novelist - lil old me lol j/k (before i get a duh.. i KNOW it wasn't designed as a compliment!)

He is right though. You really overly focused on a minor issue.

Other than that, it is interesting how you spend so much on what really was a pseudoreality.

Perhaps that is the main issue in this board.

Marshmallow
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:58 AM
He is right though. You really overly focused on a minor issue.

Other than that, it is interesting how you spend so much on what really was a pseudoreality.

Perhaps that is the main issue in this board.

I can believe you bad repped me. Bitch! [I'm teasing].

Pseudoreality!?! My argument was based on REAL observations. They are minor to you, probably because you're a fan. It's no secret that i'm not, but i'm also no hater. That qualifies me as unbiased :P (really). Unbiased observations - IMO have shown her to be rude. Minor things add up, to build a bigger picture.

I mean, if you have heard her life story, psychologically speaking - there is likely to be something nasty about the whole thing. I believe she IS rude, but mostly because of bad influences and experiences.

I only wish people could acknowledge this nasty things (like her YEC final behaviour) and balance it out. But i know that's asking waaaaaaaaaay too much.

*Gripping stuff eh?* I'm too tired.

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:12 AM

What an idiot!:lol:

And I sure can't say much for those who joined in criticising Masha for "dissing the USO crowd".:rolleyes:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:16 AM
I can believe you bad repped me. Bitch! [I'm teasing].

Pseudoreality!?! My argument was based on REAL observations. They are minor to you, probably because you're a fan. It's no secret that i'm not, but i'm also no hater. That qualifies me as unbiased :P (really). Unbiased observations - IMO have shown her to be rude. Minor things add up, to build a bigger picture.

I mean, if you have heard her life story, psychologically speaking - there is likely to be something nasty about the whole thing. I believe she IS rude, but mostly because of bad influences and experiences.

I only wish people could acknowledge this nasty things (like her YEC final behaviour) and balance it out. But i know that's asking waaaaaaaaaay too much.

*Gripping stuff eh?* I'm too tired.

I am a common man. I misjudge people, and I don't read between the lines. Forgive my inmaturity. I thought you were another troll.

By the way, how was she rude?

In my personal philosophy, I believe all humans live under two sets of ethics. Personal ethics, and gaming ethics.

Tell me.

In tennis, is it alright to bluff and fake that you are going to shot a crosscourt forehand, while you really are going to do a forehand straight down the line?

When racing, is it alright to make good use of your opponents weakness which is run slower than you, to pass him and beat them?

These things are really alright. These sets of rules are gaming ethics. It is honest to do these things. You from the moment you compete you agreed to do your best top give as much competition to your opponent.

Now you mean she is rude, when she goes wildly with her C'mon!

I don't think so. Naturally she has isolated herself and trancended to an stated where everything is gone, and all the thing she can do is play all she knows, but the most important part is keeping the fighting spirit on.

She agreed in that final to be under those rules of ethics.

If your oppoent missed you are not really cheering for the negative otucome of your oppoent, but for your resitance. In that big rally, she was there, she stayed there, and then comes the UE, goodness, what a reward she stayed on.

Now the crowd is different. They came to spectate this competition, they are not part of it. Thus they are under personal ethics. Many fans try to distract whom they are not cheering for so the outcome of these fans' favorites is positive. Yet, they are intruding.

There is a fineline of enjoyment for what is happening, or interacting with what is happning hoping for a crossing back to side of enjoyment.

Is it fair and right that I yell negative, and vulgar things to whom I dearly hate? Of course not. You are here to enjoy the competition, no matter what happens. Afterall, you should have no say whatsoever in what is happening.

Is it really nice to celebrate the injury of whom you dearly hate? Not really cause the show is over, and afterall, you waste your money, and your not really helping your favourite by sublimanlly telling that your favorite is gratly victorius, when afterall, the competition becomes unfair.

Maria telling the crowd not to shut up but to be reverent is the least she can expect. Things really become unfair, and there is nothing like seeing two true fighters giving it all for the sake of competition.

Maria behaviour was accetable, and there is no such thing as normal my compelling friend.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:18 AM
NO!

geez.....

Oh please, you're laughable. :lol: Who made you judge and jury of anyone as flawed as you are. One obvious aspect of your flaws is that you're a liar, not only with the first sentence, but with almost every one of your posts. You find any opportunity to bash any fan of the Williams. Hypocrite. :rolleyes: You're the one who's pathetic. We know YOUR true color and it is anything blonde. :lol:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:22 AM
The only reason why she's annoying to some is that she is too successful for their liking. If she wasn't any good nobody would care what she said,let alone feel the need to misquote her. :smoke:
Yeah, I love her success in 2005 so far. :yeah:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:24 AM
overly dramatic post once again ;)

:lol: That's not even the quote everyone is talking about. :haha: I knew y'all would get it backasswards.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Oh please, you're laughable. :lol: Who made you judge and jury of anyone as flawed as you are. One obvious aspect of your flaws is that you're a liar, not only with the first sentence, but with almost every one of your posts. You find any opportunity to bash any fan of the Williams. Hypocrite. :rolleyes: You're the one who's pathetic. We know YOUR true color and it is anything blonde. :lol:

What about me. I am a Williams fan. I love Venus and Serena.

why the hate? Yah she beated Serena a couple times and Venus once. And sop Serena beated Maria and Venus MAria to go to win a Slam. And I don't hate them. They are all cool. I don't see the point in hating. You don't have to like her, just don't hate her.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:27 AM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2005-08-29/200508291125333546152.html
This is NOT the interview the thread starter is referring to. Good God!!! :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:30 AM
ppl shud read the entire statement before starting to bash her :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You all have it wrong. The interview we are referring to was on American television, CBS' Pre-US Open programming yesterday afternoon. It was not a press conference or a transcribed interview. You would have had to watch the program. If you don't get American television, there's no way you would have seen it or know what we are talking about. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Dude, you have the wrong information. :tape:

franny
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:32 AM
It's so easy to turn things around. All you have to do is leave out 3 words and all of a sudden a statement becomes all negative and insulting. If I were to say, "I think mean white people suck" and someone posted in another thread, "Franny said that she thinks white people suck," the people on this board would believe it. The fact is that words are all too often left out and tone is all too often left out. Maria loves playing in America and she loves the fact that Americans are loud, boisterous, and doesn't follow the proper etiquette that British fans have to follow. And yet, she is slammed for saying that. Go figure.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:36 AM
You have quoted many stuff... many except mine...

anyways... it is the true... so what...

Do you remember last year when there was the Russian tragedy, and Elena Dementieva asked for a minute of silence. The ever smart American crowd just boomed in primitve rage, while Elena just quietly and humbly bowed her head down. The USTA president in embarassment actually had to remind them telling all the crowd what she just asked for. She asked for one minute of solemn silence, she received barely ten second of whispering silence.

That was so disrespectful not only to the players, but also it puts us the Americans in a really bad position in front of all other countries, at demonstrating how arrogant our crowds are.

I actually would have preferred Maria being like a Patty Schnyder and yell on TV this. And really the spectators are som numb in thier heads that they would hate her to death and complot to kill her, or just keep loving her.

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:38 AM
You all have it wrong. The interview we are referring to was on American television, CBS' Pre-US Open programming yesterday afternoon. It was not a press conference or a transcribed interview. You would have had to watch the program. If you don't get American television, there's no way you would have seen it or know what we are talking about. :rolleyes:

sorry i don't want to argue with some1 older than my mom,it's not polite to do so :angel: :angel: :angel:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:38 AM
What about me. I am a Williams fan. I love Venus and Serena.

why the hate? Yah she beated Serena a couple times and Venus once. And sop Serena beated Maria and Venus MAria to go to win a Slam. And I don't hate them. They are all cool. I don't see the point in hating. You don't have to like her, just don't hate her.
Dz, I'm happy that you are a Williams fan and a Sharapova fan. I have nothing against her fans who have nothing against me. I just don't like her. Yes, I'm a "Sharapova hater". So what??!!! It's no big news. Why do I hate her, because she is arrogant, rude and she beat my faves last year (but not this year :devil: ) Anyway, I'm not sure where your post is going here, but just because you like the Williams' along with being a fan of Sharapova, doesn't mean I have to be a fan of hers or even like her. :shrug:

I'm not sure you could call it real "hate", it's just sports "hate". I don't know her personally, so I couldn't like, hate or love her. Just as my "love" for Vee and Rena is sports "love". I don't know them personally, so how could I love them, really? You know what I mean?

Anyway, I don't want us to be enemies. I don't have anything against you or any of your posts. So, we are cool in my book. :cool:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:40 AM
sorry i don't want to argue with some1 older than my mom,it's not polite to do so :angel: :angel: :angel:
Then maybe you should go to bed and take a nap, like a child should? :tape:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:43 AM
It's so easy to turn things around. All you have to do is leave out 3 words and all of a sudden a statement becomes all negative and insulting. If I were to say, "I think mean white people suck" and someone posted in another thread, "Franny said that she thinks white people suck," the people on this board would believe it. The fact is that words are all too often left out and tone is all too often left out. Maria loves playing in America and she loves the fact that Americans are loud, boisterous, and doesn't follow the proper etiquette that British fans have to follow. And yet, she is slammed for saying that. Go figure.
Then you have to blame CBS for that, because they did not allow her to follow up on her criticism with "that's why I love to play here". CBS edited it to say exactly what has been quoted here. :shrug:

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:47 AM
:lol: That's not even the quote everyone is talking about. :haha: I knew y'all would get it backasswards.
no-one said that was the actual quote...and I have nothing 'backasswards' :p

since no-one could produce the actual quote aside from saying its what Maria said then we found another more recent comment Maria made...there would be many others we could also post

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Then maybe you should go to bed and take a nap, like a child should? :tape:

Nope,i have to drink milk first :spit: :zzz:
yu shud have some rest too,yr body need it,i wanna see yu play this board a bit longer :p

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Nope,i have to drink milk first :spit: :zzz:
yu shud have some rest too,yr body need it,i wanna see yu play this board a bit longer :p
You seem very immature, even for your age. Either you are only 10 years old or you're a troll and I'm going to put you on ignore, because you are not worth my time, either responding to or reading your posts.

Have a nice life. :wavey:

jacobruiz
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:53 AM

If Maria herself says, and has said many times, that she enjoys the US Open crowd and loves playing there then what are you on about?

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:55 AM

She said it on the USO preview show yesterday, BUT it is only part of what she said. I don't know if there is a link to it, but the rest of what she said was about her liking the different atmosphere. If you saw it as a whole, it was not so bad.

...seems to be the best info we have in here about it

Tennisation
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I love her success in 2005 so far. :yeah:
Success alrite, let's make sure we're on the same page, we talkin bout her new perfume line rite? If we talkin bout tennis, the onli success i can think of was Maria managed to get Lindsay to serve her................double bagel that is :tape:

Portobello
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:56 AM
You seem very immature, even for your age. Either you are only 10 years old or you're a troll and I'm going to put you on ignore, because you are not worth my time, either responding to or reading your posts.

Have a nice life. :wavey:

Thx for yr compliment :lol: :lol: :lol:
yu're so sweet :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:58 AM

since no-one could produce the actual quote aside from saying its what Maria said then we found another more recent comment Maria made...there would be many others we could also post
Okay, we can't produce the quotes because we'd have to get them from the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS), an American television network. They were not transcribed. I don't know or care what Maria said in the past or on that show. I don't care what she thinks about America or any continent in the world. My only comment was that it was pretty arrogant and hypocritical of her to criticize the USO crowd with the display her father put on at the YEC in LA last year. That is all.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:59 AM
If Maria herself says, and has said many times, that she enjoys the US Open crowd and loves playing there then what are you on about?
See the post above. ^^^^

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Success alrite, let's make sure we're on the same page, we talkin bout her new perfume line rite? If we talkin bout tennis, the onli success i can think of was Maria managed to get Lindsay to serve her................double bagel that is :tape:
:retard:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Denise. I don't really remember Maria being that rude before if at all.

I, wonder though, if you dislike Anastasia Myskina? Or Patty Schnyder?

I mean they are both heck mean?

Something that it is true though is that Sharapova has now gotten the spotlight. That is not enough reason to hate a player though... ;)

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Okay, we can't produce the quotes because we'd have to get them from the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS), an American television network. They were not transcribed. I don't know or care what Maria said in the past or on that show. I don't care what she thinks about America or any continent in the world. My only comment was that it was hypocritical of her to criticize the USO crowd with the display her father put on at the YEC in LA last year. That is all.
Yes understood...but the problem people seem to be having here is understanding that it wasnt criticism of the US crowd, it was explaining why she enjoys playing in NY :hatoff:
YEC is completely irrelevant..

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Denise. I don't really remember Maria being that rude before if at all.

I, wonder though, if you dislike Anastasia Myskina? Or Patty Schnyder?

I mean they are both heck mean?

Something that it is true though is that Sharapova has now gotten the spotlight. That is not enough reason to hate a player though... ;)
No, I don't dislike Myskina or Patty. Meaness has nothing to do with it. I've told you why I don't like Maria. Accept it and move on.

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:04 AM
wow that was so original...classic stuff :unsure:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Okay, we can't produce the quotes because we'd have to get them from the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS), an American television network. They were not transcribed. I don't know or care what Maria said in the past or on that show. I don't care what she thinks about America or any continent in the world. My only comment was that it was pretty arrogant and hypocritical of her to criticize the USO crowd with the display her father put on at the YEC in LA last year. That is all.

She cannot control any other's actions. WE ALL KNOW, there is many embarassing parents. Yuri is a very great father, but definetly he isn't the best fan.

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Yes understood...but the problem people seem to be having here is understanding that it wasnt criticism of the US crowd, it was explaining why she enjoys playing in NY :hatoff:
YEC is completely irrelevant..
Not to me. It was a criticism and you can't blame it on a language barrier because she's been here in the states long enough to know when something is critical and when it's not. Whether it was followed up with it being the reason why she likes the USO is irrelevant. Maybe she likes loud and improper crowds because her father is that way. :shrug:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:07 AM
She cannot control any other's actions. WE ALL KNOW, there is many embarassing parents. Yuri is a very great father, but definetly he isn't the best fan.
I'm not blaming her for her father's actions.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:09 AM

:haha:

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Not to me. It was a criticism and you can't blame it on a language barrier because she's been here in the states long enough to know when something is critical and when it's not. Whether it was followed up with it being the reason why she likes the USO is irrelevant. Maybe she likes loud and improper crowds because her father is that way. :shrug:
Thats a weird way of looking at it :scratch:
If its followed by saying its the reason she likes NY then why is it bad? Would you rather Maria fib and say the crowds are just like any other...nice and quiet and dont get involved at all?
How is YEC relevant if Yuri's behaviour has nothing to do with Maria? :)

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Thats a weird way of looking at it :scratch:
If its followed by saying its the reason she likes NY then why is it bad? Would you rather Maria fib and say the crowds are just like any other...nice and quiet and dont get involved at all?
How is YEC relevant if Yuri's behaviour has nothing to do with Maria? :)
Any criticism, unless constructive is bad, in my opinion. She may not have had any mal intent, but it was still a criticism.

How is it relevant? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If your parent behaves a certain way and you say nothing, then criticize others for doing the same thing, isn't it relevant and hypocritical? In my opinion it is. But, everyone has a different opinion on this issue.

morningglory
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:28 AM
will this thread please die?
If you like her, like her... If you don't like her, I'm not asking you to like her either :)
Seems we don't have any actual 'proof' for either case, unless of course someone taped the show, so believe what you wanna believe and move on :)
5 pages now....

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Any criticism, unless constructive is bad, in my opinion. She may not have had any mal intent, but it was still a criticism.Its just stating the obvious...anyhow as you say each to their own opinion...

How is it relevant? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If your parent behaves a certain way and you say nothing, then criticize others for doing the same thing, isn't it relevant and hypocritical? In my opinion it is. But, everyone has a different opinion on this issue.For all we know Maria may well have had words to Yuri about his behaviour as Robert and Max did but do you really expect Maria to talk publicly about it? Of course she'll defend him...but again its not on topic ;)

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Its just stating the obvious...anyhow as you say each to their own opinion...

Well, if someone you knew had gained a lot of weight, would you tell them "hey you've gained a lot of weight"? I wouldn't because it would be stating the obvious, which would also be a criticism that would hurt the person. Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Especially about a country's event. As you can see, some people here in the states on this board took offense to it. Just because you didn't doesn't mean that whether it's obvious or not is not insulting.

For all we know Maria may well have had words to Yuri about his behaviour as Robert and Max did but do you really expect Maria to talk publicly about it? Of course she'll defend him...but again its not on topic ;)
Then why make a criticism of others doing the very same thing? Again, some things are better left unsaid.

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Well, if someone you knew had gained a lot of weight, would you tell them "hey you've gained a lot of weight"? I wouldn't because it would be stating the obvious, which would also be a criticism that would hurt the person. Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Especially about a country's event. As you can see, some people here in the states on this board took offense to it. Just because you didn't doesn't mean that whether it's obvious or not is not insulting.Most of those who took offense in here, would take offense to anything Maria said...if another player, especially an American, said the same thing it wouldnt be so much of a big deal

Then why make a criticism of others doing the very same thing? Again, some things are better left unsaid.Again it wasnt criticism...this is fast becoming a useless discussion ;) :wavey:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Most of those who took offense in here, would take offense to anything Maria said...if another player, especially an American, said the same thing it wouldnt be so much of a big deal

Now you're generalizing. So, there's no point.

Again it wasnt criticism...this is fast becoming a useless discussion ;) :wavey:

In your opinion and I agree, it is useless. :wavey:

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Why would Maria talk about her father in this interview? Was she even asked about it? So how is this relevant at all?

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Why would Maria talk about her father in this interview? Was she even asked about it? So how is this relevant at all?
Nah Yuri was not involved at all in Maria's interview or the subject of the post ;)
Is it relevant? IMO no...but see above for alternative opinion :lol:

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Nah Yuri was not involved at all in Maria's interview or the subject of the post ;)

So if it wasn't brought up, then how can Maria be criticized for being hypocritical? :confused: As if she would publicly criticize her father?

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Why are you laughing? Do you think your opinion is superior?

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:26 AM
So if it wasn't brought up, then how can Maria be criticized for being hypocritical? :confused: As if she would publicly criticize her father?
Wanna read all of the posts, instead of asking questions for it to be rehashed?

Try this link.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=6073991&postcount=42

That's it in a nutshell, okay?

cellophane
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Wanna read all of the posts, instead of asking questions for it to be rehashed?

I have read your posts, and what you said about "her saying nothing" makes no sense, considering it wasn't a part of the interview? Also, if she doesn't want to say bad things in the press about her father, it doesn't make her a hypocrite.

Dan23
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Why are you laughing? Do you think your opinion is superior?
No I dont...there is just plenty of opinions for Cellophane to read in the last few pages of the thread ;)

WIMBLY2004
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Any criticism, unless constructive is bad, in my opinion. She may not have had any mal intent, but it was still a criticism.

How is it relevant? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If your parent behaves a certain way and you say nothing, then criticize others for doing the same thing, isn't it relevant and hypocritical? In my opinion it is. But, everyone has a different opinion on this issue.

In your opinion, people can't criticisze others for being rude if any of their parents have done anything rude before, then it makes me wonder, you made some very rude comments on this board before and got banned, and now you are accusing someone being rude, I don't know what house you are living in :rolleyes:

~ The Leopard ~
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:53 AM
:haha: So Masha actually said (paraphrased) that the USO crowds are loud, not "proper", and boisterous and that is one of the reasons she loves playing in N.Y.

And so far three pages of haters trying to start some lame-ass shit against her!

:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: GO MARIA! Your every word sets them off!:lol:

I know. Some people sure go off half cocked, don't they?! :bounce: :lol:

@m@nd@
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:27 AM
well..the truth is that us fans are very noisy during matches

SJW
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:29 PM
sometimes your hate makes you fabricate things.

as if you implied Maria said the word i bold.^ :rolleyes:

and your stupidity makes you look daft :shrug:
you must be blind as well as stupid. what i said was my opinion. and please show me where im hating on Maria, because i missed that :yawn:

Stamp Paid
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:33 PM
and your stupidity makes you look daft :shrug:
you must be blind as well as stupid. what i said was my opinion. and please show me where im hating on Maria, because i missed that :yawn:

All fans of Serena are Maria haters. We're jealous of her fame, beauty, and talent.

At least thats what I was told?

DA FOREHAND
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:39 PM
i just looked it up in the manual, you're right that makes her a whore! :rolleyes: :tape:

Knizzle
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:41 PM
All fans of Serena are Maria haters. We're jealous of her fame, beauty, and talent.

You need to take those lies out of your signature. I didn't raise no liars. :fiery:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:10 PM
In your opinion, people can't criticisze others for being rude if any of their parents have done anything rude before, then it makes me wonder, you made some very rude comments on this board before and got banned, and now you are accusing someone being rude, I don't know what house you are living in :rolleyes:
Let's get something straight, a lot of people got suspended along with me in the same thread. A lot of people made rude comments to me and still do. I'd like to know what house you're living in that you can come here and be rude enough to throw that in my face like I'm the only poster that's ever been suspended NOT banned for making comments that the administrators subjectively thought were inappropriate. Posters continue to make rude comments to me and other posters all of the time and don't get suspended because it's all subjective and a lot has to do with luck. For example sartrista was lucky not to be suspended for calling me a ****. I think that's much worse than anything I've ever said to anyone.

I've never attacked anyone on this message board without being provoked, but somehow to an immature twit such as yourself, you think it's some kind of badge of dishonor to be suspended. Well, if you keep posting messages such as this, you may be the next to go, so don't act so high and mighty like it can never happen to you or any one of your friends. Get a clue, this is a message board. It's not life. A suspension on this board does not end my life. When you grow up, you will find that there are worse things to face. This is entertainment. I have friends here that I enjoy, but this isn't the only place I can interface with them.

Regarding your comment, on my opinion about Maria and her criticism of the US Open, please don't spin what I said to suit your argument. I never said she was rude. If you had read all of the posts, you would have seen that I said, I don't care what she said, I just thought it was arrogant and hypocritical of her to say anything about a loud, obnoxious crowd of people acting improper, in light of the fact that her very own father behaved less than proper at the YEC last year in LA. A lot of posters here agreed with me. Those same posters have made rude comments to other posters on this board, rightly or wrongly. Some may have even gotten suspended at one time or another unbeknown to you personally, but you chose to question my personal integrity or my ability to have an opinion about what someone said. I think your actions just go to show that if you have to personally attack someone for having an opinion, then it's your maturity, your integrity and your ability to proffer a proper argument to rebutt my opinion that should be questioned here.

Renaissance
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Let's get something straight, a lot of people got suspended along with me in the same thread. A lot of people made rude comments to me and still do. I'd like to know what house you're living in that you can come here and be rude enough to throw that in my face like I'm the only poster that's ever been suspended NOT banned for making comments that the administrators subjectively thought were inappropriate. Posters continue to make rude comments to me and other posters all of the time and don't get suspended because it's all subjective and a lot has to do with luck. For example sartrista was lucky not to be suspended for calling me a ****. I think that's much worse than anything I've ever said to anyone.

I've never attacked anyone on this message board without being provoked, but somehow to an immature twit such as yourself, you think it's some kind of badge of dishonor to be suspended. Well, if you keep posting messages such as this, you may be the next to go, so don't act so high and mighty like it can never happen to you or any one of your friends. Get a clue, this is a message board. It's not life. A suspension on this board does not end my life. When you grow up, you will find that there are worse things to face. This is entertainment. I have friends here that I enjoy, but this isn't the only place I can interface with them.

Regarding your comment, on my opinion about Maria and her criticism of the US Open, please don't spin what I said to suit your argument. I never said she was rude. If you had read all of the posts, you would have seen that I said, I don't care what she said, I just thought it was arrogant and hypocritical of her to say anything about a loud, obnoxious crowd of people acting improper, in light of the fact that her very own father behaved less than proper at the YEC last year in LA. A lot of posters here agreed with me. Those same posters have made rude comments to other posters on this board, rightly or wrongly. Some may have even gotten suspended at one time or another unbeknown to you personally, but you chose to question my personal integrity or my ability to have an opinion about what someone said. I think your actions just go to show that if you have to personally attack someone for having an opinion, then it's your maturity, your integrity and your ability to proffer a proper argument to rebutt my opinion that should be questioned here.

Boringggg

Your arguments is everytime...."You are immature"

When I go on this board you squabble like a lassie :rolleyes: Who is immature?

Just pathetic :fiery:

Denise4925
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Boringggg

Your arguments is everytime...."You are immature"

When I go on this board you squabble like a lassie :rolleyes: Who is immature?

Just pathetic :fiery:
Oh great...another personal attack. Who's immature? :rolleyes:

Renaissance
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Oh great...another personal attack. Who's immature? :rolleyes:
It is an observation...a factual "attack"...

You should question yourself about your behaviour because you have problems with others members... :rolleyes:
I don't discuss with you anymore,you are maybe perturbed :rolleyes:
I don't want to spend my time with you anymore bybyeeeeeeee :wavey:

SJW
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:44 PM

yeah. i wish Serena could be like her.