PDA

View Full Version : AUS Tennis Coverage (2)

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:46 AM
I'm lazy to find the one from last week :p Anyway, I just saw Optus TV guide and it say Fox Sports will have US Open coverage from 1am for live! :eek: I thought they only have night sessions? :confused: At least we have live coverage on Fox Sports while Nine don't show up! :banana:

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Yep 2nite!!

Hayato
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:50 AM
what about Free to Air TV?

It's like everyone else gets coverage of tennis except people living in Australia with only free to air tv. :tape: We didn't get ANY French Open coverage at all, only the Aussie's at Wimbledon, The Medibank International, Gold Coast Final, and the Australian Open. (which is all mainly Lleyton Hewitt or Mark Poo) That's the only tennis we get here...it's ridiculous!! :armed: I complained to ABC about there being no French Open coverage :lol:

And anyway even if we do get coverage it will be on during the middle of the night :awww:

Mateo Mathieu
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:02 AM
what about Free to Air TV?

It's like everyone else gets coverage of tennis except people living in Australia with only free to air tv. :tape: We didn't get ANY French Open coverage at all, only the Aussie's at Wimbledon, The Medibank International, Gold Coast Final, and the Australian Open. (which is all mainly Lleyton Hewitt or Mark Poo) That's the only tennis we get here...it's ridiculous!! :armed: I complained to ABC about there being no French Open coverage :lol:

And anyway even if we do get coverage it will be on during the middle of the night :awww:
Nine is no longer aired at 1am! :eek: First time in years! :o Thanks God for Fox Sports take care of that for us! :D

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:10 AM
yep fox.......Just load upon the vids and away we go........cant wait.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:18 AM
:woohoo:

TS
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:28 AM
I'm certainly not staying up until 1am. I wake up at 5:30am to go to work, so at least I'll get to watch some tennis for the hour or so before I leave.

Having said that, I can't believe Channel 9 haven't come to the party this year.

majuu
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Yeh i hate it....every year the tennis coverage in Aus gets worse and worse..anyway i read on their site that they are covering the QF's onwards so its better than nothing

jan.
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Just curious how many hours of live coverage do you get? just want to compare:)

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Just curious how many hours of live coverage do you get? just want to compare:)

in aus or where Jan?

jan.
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:57 AM
in aus or where Jan?
Yes in australia.

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM
on fox pay tv it says its starts 1am 'live'..i expect we will get the full day/nite then some replays and highlights etc till 3pm arvo ....well thats what its been like in the past with slams.
& nothing on commercial tv..........& makes a lot of people. :)
'not happy jan' :bounce:

jan.
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:34 AM
on fox pay tv it says its starts 1am 'live'..i expect we will get the full day/nite then some replays and highlights etc till 3pm arvo ....well thats what its been like in the past with slams.
& nothing on commercial tv..........& makes a lot of people. :)
'not happy jan' :bounce:
Lucky you, I only get 4 hours of live coverage daily. Haha I remember someone who always use to call me 'not happy jan' :) Anyway Thanks

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Lucky you, I only get 4 hours of live coverage daily. Haha I remember someone who always use to call me 'not happy jan' :) Anyway Thanks

WHY only 4 hours....
& (i dont think a jan hasnt worn that at least once) ;)

xr6turbo
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Channel 9 is showing from the QF's onwards.

Xanadu11
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I feel so sad, It's like my ritual to stay up for the US Open and go to school sleepy the next day, now i'll be wide awake and well-rested, whats the fun in that??

I wish I had foxtel, but my parents think its distracting... :sad: :sad:

~lollipop_girl~
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah I'm really pissed about this too. It's fine for Nine to show from the QF but (i hate to say this) I don't think at least one of my girls is gonna make it that far. At least last year with the ABCs minimal coverage of RG it was something. Tennis use to be shown all the time on Nine (with highlights at 4pm) when my brother use to watch it but now I'm into it and they stop coverage, maybe i'm a jinx!

Hayato
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Channel 9 is showing from the QF's onwards.

phew at least that's better than nothing :D

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:18 AM
I don't understand why SBS shows stuff like Fish Tanks at 1am when they could he showing tennis, oh well.

Xanadu11
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I think channel nine is showing oh so important ads for the ab-doer or something else equally fascinating. I feel so deprived. It's just adding to my bad mood :mad:

jan.
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:51 AM
WHY only 4 hours....
& (i dont think a jan hasnt worn that at least once) ;)
Just because idk, haha. I found out they actually had 4 hours of live coverage starting from 11am (UST) and then they take a break for 4 hours and they show 4 hours of live coverage again :S

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Babsi Schett is commentating!! :drool:

Rohin.
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:17 AM
shit load of good it does me :sad:

Hayato
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:19 AM
We should all complain to NBN and PRIME. Then maybe we can have a chance next year :p

sweet_angel23
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:00 PM
phew at least that's better than nothing :D

agree :)

Lemonskin.
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:01 PM
:mad: Ch 9 has done it again...

DutchieGirl
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:14 PM
shit load of good it does me :sad:

me either!

ceiling_fan
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:57 AM
ok people, very very important message...

is it just me... or does the tvguide really have no tennis coverage for next monday and tuesday on channel 9?

maybe it will start on wednesday for us??

who knows... but i can't check wednesday until tmoz

Xanadu11
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:53 PM
ok people, very very important message...

is it just me... or does the tvguide really have no tennis coverage for next monday and tuesday on channel 9?

maybe it will start on wednesday for us??

who knows... but i can't check wednesday until tmoz

No, i noticed that too??
What if there is no coverage??? :bigcry: :bigcry:

DutchieGirl
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:57 PM
it starts on wednesday... I checked in TV Week at work on Monday! :devil:

ceiling_fan
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
http://www.tvguide.ninemsn.com/guide/09092005_73.asp?channel=free&day=9/9/2005

on friday.. the mens qf's are on at 930-1130 am

and the womens semi's are at 330 am:(

ceiling_fan
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
and it doesn't start on wednesday for us? :confused::(

DutchieGirl
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
:scratch: In tv week it said there was tennis before Friday!

ceiling_fan
Sep 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
coudl be different for you guys but basically this is it for us...

It's under "THURSDAY" (but really friday morning) (EST 1:30-4:30am): Men's Semi's

Friday morning (EST 9:30-11:30am): Men's semi's
Under "Friday night" [but really Saturday morninig] (EST 3:30 - 6am): women's semi's

i think there could have been a misunderstanding since the times are in "am" :confused:

DutchieGirl
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
:scrath...I'm sure we got some QFs! :shrug: Unless they changed it!

Xanadu11
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
I heard its only semis and finals

Die channel nine :mad:

DutchieGirl
Sep 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
:smash: Stuff this!

Experimentee
Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
It says there will be tennis on Thurs night at 1.30am (or technically Fri morn)
So it is just the semis onwards. Its good that they are showing something, but still pathetic :mad:

TS
Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:57 PM
It's a great Slam to watch so it sure sucks that free to air isn't giving it the coverage it deserves.

pierce_fanatic
Sep 3rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Fox Sports 2 are only showing Men's matches this morning apart from the Lindsay Davenport Match as part of the Night session !

not happy jan !

DutchieGirl
Sep 3rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
Dan23 got one of Maria's matches on Fox... ;)

Xanadu11
Sep 4th, 2005, 08:41 AM
This is the coverage I have gathered so far from the tv guide, it doesn't look like its going to be live coverage.

Friday morning- 1:30-4:30 am (Mens quarter finals)
Fridary morning- 9:30-11:30 am (Mens quarter finals)
Saturday morning- 3:30 am (Womens semi finals)
Sunday morning- 2:00 (Mens semi-finals)

Either we are getting delayed coverage or they have made some mistake on the tv guide

Source- http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide

DutchieGirl
Sep 4th, 2005, 09:05 AM
This is the coverage I have gathered so far from the tv guide, it doesn't look like its going to be live coverage.

Friday morning- 1:30-4:30 am (Mens quarter finals)
Fridary morning- 9:30-11:30 am (Mens quarter finals)
Saturday morning- 3:30 am (Womens semi finals)
Sunday morning- 2:00 (Mens semi-finals)

Either we are getting delayed coverage or they have made some mistake on the tv guide

Source- http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide

What do you mean? That actually looks like it WILL be live coverage! Play on Ashe usually starts at 1:30am our time and the night session would then start around 9:30am...that seems to be right!

And then I guess for the semi's the matches start later...

Invisible Fan
Sep 4th, 2005, 10:58 AM
So they're doing the Mens Q-Finals, but not the Womens - how pathetic :rolleyes:

I actually didn't really miss the coverage that much for the first 5 days (since it would mainly focused on such "classics" as Hewitt vs Costa). Now it's really starting to piss me off, especially after seeing todays main court line-up.

I can't believe we can't get someone to show it, given some of the crappy sports that do get shown.

~ The Leopard ~
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Quite, all they ever want to show is Hewitt anyway.

~ The Leopard ~
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Thank the gods for the AO.

~ The Leopard ~
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Oh, and yeah they'll show Sharapova so we can perve at a pretty 18-y.o.

I like Masha and I sometimes feel pro-Hewitt (I wax and wane on this; sometimes he pisses me off), but they are not the players I want to see all the time.

DutchieGirl
Sep 4th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I don't mind watching maria and Hewitt..wouldn't mind seeing some of Kim's matches though! ;)