PDA

View Full Version : How good is Fujiwara?

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:55 AM
What should we expect from Venus' first round opponent? I've never seen her play I don't think, just see her name in draws occasionally... Is she the type of player who is at Venus' mercy from the start or does she have the game to make it interesting? I'm hoping that Venus' match doesn't start until about 3:00 so I can get home from school in time to watch ;)

ezekiel
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:02 AM
why are you worried? :devil:

cellophane
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Does school in the US start this early? :confused: I have a whole two weeks before school to sit at home and watch the Open. :devil:

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Not worried:), just never seen her play & was curious what to expect. I have never heard anything about her really...Didn't know if she was a power baseliner, a pusher, or if she was a moonballer :eek:

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Does school in the US start this early? :confused: I have a whole two weeks before school to sit at home and watch the Open. :devil:

Yes, I've been in school for about 2-3 weeks (high school) & then doing some college classes for 2 weeks, but I don't know if everywhere in the US has been going for so long, just here in Georgia:)

cellophane
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Not worried:), just never seen her play & was curious what to expect. I have never heard anything about her really...Didn't know if she was a power baseliner, a pusher, or if she was a moonballer :eek:

All three! :devil: ;)

cellophane
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Yes, I've been in school for about 2-3 weeks (high school) & then doing some college classes for 2 weeks, but I don't know if everywhere in the US has been going for so long, just here in Georgia:)

Are you doing both high school and college? :confused:

416_Man
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:06 AM
She's a very good player. But she doesn't have the weapons to beat a Venus. Hits fairly flat, goes for the lines, and pretty consistent. Though, if someone can outhit her, she's very weak on her back foot. Against Vesnina (Final round of Toronto qualifying) she took advantage of her opponents errors, and when she was down, she fought even harder to level the match. If Venus thinks her match is on Louis Armstrong, Rika has a chance. But otherwise, 6-2 6-3. She should give us some great points though.

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:07 AM
All three! :devil: ;)
Oh what fun:lol: as long as its an 'ok' match with Venus prevailing of course...just maybe not as bad as the Lucic USO 1R a few years ago...that was painful to watch.... well not for me :devil:

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Are you doing both high school and college? :confused:

Yeh, I took alot of my classes early b/c my school is small and doesn't do alot of AP or Honors, so I'm finishing up 3 classes @ high school & doing math & english at a local college.. tons of fun :tape:

SzavayFi
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Dunno, but my school has started too :( But i am missed 3 days of school to go to new york and watch the US OPEN! :woohoo:

Infiniti2001
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:10 AM

Schools here in SW FL were back in session on Aug.8 (they were out before Memorial day).

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Dunno, but my school has started too :( But i am missed 3 days of school to go to new york and watch the US OPEN! :woohoo:

I usually become deathly ill @ least twice each week during the USO & am forced to miss school... *cough* *cough* :devil:

SzavayFi
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I usually become deathly ill @ least twice each week during the USO & am forced to miss school... *cough* *cough* :devil:
:lol: good plan :hehehe:

cartmancop
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Schools here in SW FL were back in session on Aug.8 )thye were out before Memorial day).

I think we started Aug 18th & I graduate on may 18th...so close.......yet so far away :sad:

cellophane
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Schools here in SW FL were back in session on Aug.8 )thye were out before Memorial day).

That's early. :eek: High school here is until the end of June and doesn't start until after the first weekend of September. Uni ends considerably earlier, in April, and doesn't start until the second week of September.

pcrtennis
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Rika will make Venus hit a lot of balls but she's reallly short and so is limited in the weapons department...She's a very good all-around player though.

Venus should get through in two straight-forward but hopefully entertaining sets

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Venus hasn't played since Stanford so I could see Rika probably getting a dozen winners against her at moments.

But this is Venus, 2005 Wimbledon Champion, and even though her summer has been pretty lackluster since Stanford, I would have to think Venus has the confidence to take Fujiwara out quickly.

Hachiko
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:52 AM
I saw her against Bartoli at Wimbledon this year ... she's good, but shouldn't threaten Venus at all.

Rafe306
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:32 AM
My Grandma plays better than her

Maryamator
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:36 AM
:lol: :haha:

ive never seen fujiwara play but i think venus will win some thing like 6/1 6/2

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Well then tell her to get out of her wheelchair and enter the tournament......and hopefully she draws Rika in the first round.........:lol: :tape: