PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! The Nastya Sunday US Open Practice Report

AlexB
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:08 AM
just came back from the grounds (and after 3 days of running around the grounds my gas tank is at empty) and yes i did attend the nastya practice this afternoon..keep in mind i did not bring a camera and did not take notes so this is all from memory

Nastya practiced with daniela hantuchova (daniela looks ready for the us open) this afternoon....no air cast. she just had an ankle brace, and didnt seem to look at the ankle at all during practice so it looks like she will be able to play on it...her movement was good, baseline to baseline, did not notice any problems, her strokes were solid...only 2 times did she abuse the raquet by semi slamming it to the ground after a few serves were netted, and jens had to calm her down once after she started muttering under her breath, he smiled after nastya almost lost it on another occassion...all in all a pretty routine practice, nastya was smiling a lot on the changeovers, and in another funny moment jens was talking to her in her chair and nastya just reached out and used jens shirt sleeve as a towel to wipe her hands :lol:

jens also said hi to me during a changeover, and at the end of the practice pointed to nastya and asked me if i got my autograph, and i told him i did (i got it before practice started cause i wasn't talking my chances with the rain cutting practice short, but id didnt rain, only afew drops toward the end)

didn't get to talk to her because of the nature of the court but i did thank jens for helping me out with the practice times so i was able to sleep late and not get to the grounds until half hour before practice...he shook my hand and that was that, then i roamed the grounds and caught henin's practice (hers was cut 20 minutes short by rain) and later on saw vaidisova, and dulko hiting with kirilenko

in other words if you can get to the grounds the week before the open you should...its a great experience!!!!

two asperin and some sleep for me now :lol:

martirogi
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:59 AM
so glad you finally got to see her. and apparently ur great friends with jens now. :lol:
myskina and hantuchova practicing together sounds like heaven. next time you need to take a camera so we can all be even more jealous of your experience. hope you get to see her matches later this week. it's good that she's not ranked so high now because they'll put her on smaller courts and you'll get to be closer.

angiee3
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:39 AM
ohh. how jelous i am of you. i really wish i could be in NY to see her. I'm so
close to NY (I live in PA). But i can't go and school starts tomorrow. So there's
another reason why i can't go. but anyways. thanks for sharing.
see ya.

hablo
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:58 AM
in another funny moment jens was talking tor her in her chair and nastya just reached out and used jens shirt sleeve as a towel to wipe her hands :lol:

that girl is jokes :lol:

JLDementieva
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Thanks Alex, great to hear that Nastya was practicing with Daniela!! :D

AlexB
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:34 AM
so glad you finally got to see her. and apparently ur great friends with jens now. :lol:
myskina and hantuchova practicing together sounds like heaven. next time you need to take a camera so we can all be even more jealous of your experience. hope you get to see her matches later this week. it's good that she's not ranked so high now because they'll put her on smaller courts and you'll get to be closer.

ill be there for her opening match for sure, probably saturday. and will 100% be there next monday vs amelie

selyoink
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Glad to here about your great experience. All these candid tales I hear about Nastya make me like her even more.

Daniel
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:30 AM
thanks Alex :D

cindy
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:35 AM
jens shook your hand...poor spunky...don't be so jealous
btw I'm happy for you it's looks like tis better to see jens before to see nastya...this guy must be realy realy realy nice

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM
btw I'm happy for you it's looks like tis better to see jens before to see nastya...this guy must be realy realy realy nice

:lol: I am not actually, I had my moments last year and besides, probably also in a few weeks :angel:

frenchie
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
You're nearly a member of her family now :lol:

Seriously,you're so lucky to be able to speak so easily. If it was me, I would have been petrified in front of Jens and Nastya and the only words I could pronounce would be "abababa..." :tape:

cool_olga
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I gotta add my few words here if the talk is about Cutie J. :p
Seems many people had a 'moments' with him, he's really nice for sure. I saw him two times last year, and he remembered me and was saying 'hi' every time I saw him. But unfortunately this year didn't saw Nastya on any tourney that's a shame :(
Anyways from what I saw many coaches are nice to people, one coach of famous ATp player, I won't say who asked my friend to dance. They generally are friendly.
Well waiting for more reports about Jens :D

AlexB
Aug 29th, 2005, 03:56 PM

first off, the weather for the next 3 days is gonna be brutal in terms of rain, so who knows how this will affect the matches...

you'de shake the man's hand too if his information led to 3 extra hours of sleep on a sunday morning :lol:

martirogi
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM
spunky when r u gonna see nastya again :scratch: filderstadt?

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:36 PM
spunky when r u gonna see nastya again :scratch: filderstadt?

I hope so. I desperately need a "holiday" as the tourney will be right after I will have delivered my Bachelorīs thesis and right before Iīll start with the masters studies. Besides, four friends of mine moved there to study, so...itīs a good chance. By now I have friends in every german city which features a ATP/WTA-tourney :devil:

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I gotta add my few words here if the talk is about Cutie J. :p
Seems many people had a 'moments' with him, he's really nice for sure. I saw him two times last year, and he remembered me and was saying 'hi' every time I saw him. But unfortunately this year didn't saw Nastya on any tourney that's a shame :(
Anyways from what I saw many coaches are nice to people, one coach of famous ATp player, I won't say who asked my friend to dance. They generally are friendly.
Well waiting for more reports about Jens :D

We should launch a very own website just for Cutie-J :lol:

AlexB
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:11 PM
We should launch a very own website just for Cutie-J :lol:

as a male tennis fan, ill call him by his other nickname: mr "get nastya a towel so she wont have to use your shirt" :lol:

miffedmax
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:38 PM
as a male tennis fan, ill call him by his other nickname: mr "get nastya a towel so she wont have to use your shirt" :lol:

I'm a guy and I have no problem with calling him "Cutie J." I mean, who am I to question the wisdom of Spunky?*

*except when she supports JHH. ED is clearly the better choice, and one day Spunky will come to the blonde side, I just know it.

Spunky83
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I'm a guy and I have no problem with calling him "Cutie J." I mean, who am I to question the wisdom of Spunky?*

*except when she supports JHH. ED is clearly the better choice, and one day Spunky will come to the blonde side, I just know it.

We, Spunky want to thank you for trusting us :angel: :lol:

You know, I never become a fan of someone I already know...doesnīt mean I didnīt like Elena, but fan? No, no ;)