PDA

View Full Version : Will Clijsters and Mauresmo ever win slams?

*Karen*
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I think they're probably more talented than many of the players who have won slams. Do you think they will ever get through the two weeks without choking.

Knizzle
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I agree, they are both more talented than Jennifer Capriati and she has 3 slams.

Dexter
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Kim yes, Amelie not

blamoh
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Yes she will win a grandslam. And her fans believe that she will win the
2005 usopen.
Are you satisfied now. How many times people will ask this question.
No one knows when she will win a grandslam. All depends when God agrees
The most important thing is she must be healthy and injury free.

ans
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:07 PM
will these threads ever stop?

RenaSlam.
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Kim yes, Amelie no.

*Karen*
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I agree, they are both more talented than Jennifer Capriati and she has 3 slams.

And Venus. Kim lasted longer at number 1 than she ever did.

K-Dog
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Amelie maybe if at the Oz or Wimbledon the major names are out with injuries. Kim needs one here. If she doesn't win here, I'd say it is going to be awful tough for her mentally to win one.

RenaSlam.
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:15 PM

I disagree. I think Capriati is one of the most talented players out there...

njnetswill
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM
ugh too many of these threads

Knizzle
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I disagree. I think Capriati is one of the most talented players out there...

You don't understand sarcasm?? ;)

Knizzle
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:19 PM

Yeah cause being #1 in the last few years always indicated who was the most talented.

*Karen*
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Well if theres too many of these threads. You all know what you can do. Don't read them and don't post.

Justin
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Kim- yes US Open or Oz.

Amelie- probably. Ameile stands the best chance at Wimbledon.

ans
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Well if theres too many of these threads. You all know what you can do. Don't read them and don't post.

you could put everything together in one thread for example. It's ok when you see your fave being questioned in one thread but it's annoying when you see threads popping up everywhere, all with the same question.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Kim needs to, soon. Otherwise the pressure is just gonna get bigger. Heck, Momo has been ABLE to win slams since 1999. Has she ever come close? Not really. I doubt she ever will, sadly :(

sebbe
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I don't think Amelie ever will get a slam. There are too many players that are so much better then her if they are on their top. Kim, maybe but she has to find a way to controll her nerves in the big and important matches late in week two.

volta
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Kim yes, Amelie no.
ditto

Mudbone
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I think Kim will win a couple of Aussie Opens...Mauresmo is nothing but adirtballer that chokes in Paris...She will never win a slam...Her talent is vastly overstated in many cirlces....Yes her long loopy strokes look cute...But they simply don't hold up under pressure....You beat the best players hitting moonballs and dinks!!!! Mauresmo is slamless because she is not that talented....Even when she has easy draws she isn't good enough to get thru

Chrissie-fan
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I think that Mauresmo's best chance for winning a slam would come if she would completely turn her game around and become a full fledged serve and volleyer. Her groundstrokes are good enough to beat lesser opponents,but they sit up too much against the best players on the big occasion,and when she uses slice shots they usually don't have enough bite on them. She's a good baseliner,but in the slams there's always gonna be someone who's able to blow her away.

Kim,well,it's almost a miracle that she hasn't won one already. :smoke:

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM

:tape: :tape: :eek: :eek: :tape: :tape:

flyingmachine
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I think that Mauresmo's best chance for winning a slam would come if she would completely turn her game around and become a full fledged serve and volleyer. Her groundstrokes are good enough to beat lesser opponents,but they sit up too much against the best players on the big occasion,and when she uses slice shots they usually don't have enough bite on them. She's a good baseliner,but in the slams there's always gonna be someone who's able to blow her away.

Kim,well,it's almost a miracle that she hasn't won one already. :smoke:
I think you are right about Amelie she still has a few areas needs to be improve. I think her real chance of winning GS will be in Wimblendon.
For Kim well I just have no idea why her didn't won any yet. :shrug: Her best chance will be in the US but it is depends on her mental state.

fifiricci
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Who bloody cares?

They are both great players who are great to watch.

I'd much rather watch those two play an awesome match against each other (eg the three setter round robin match in YEC 2003, NOT the final for those of you who arent concentrating, or the Rome final 2003) than a whole shedload of crappy GS finals I've had to sit through in my time. :devil:

Andy.
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Kim may if she can if she can get past that mental block but I dont think Amelie will ever win a slam she has had to many opportunities without converting.

vettipooh
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:55 PM
And Venus. Kim lasted longer at number 1 than she ever did.But Kim would trade Venus' 5 slams for her #1 ranking, any day and twice on Sundays!!! ;)

blumaroo
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Kim is just too good. I have the belief she will win. I think it's either going to be Us Open or Aus.
Amelie no. Her game lacks. Unless she gets a very very lucky draw.

Freakan
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:02 PM
kim-yes
amelie-nooooo

-Sonic-
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:03 PM
yes

sapir1434
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:07 PM
yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!

Infiniti2001
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:20 PM

I consider Kim a fav, but this is the dumbest statement I've ever heard, if I may say so. Kim would gladly trade her weeks at #1 for at least one of Vee's slams and you can take that to the bank :rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:22 PM
P.S. unless Kim drops this Miss nicey attitude and adopts some toughness during the slams, I don't think she will win. As for Amelie, I just don't see it...

Knizzle
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Someone in this thread is hiding. :tape:

hablo
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:51 PM
allez momo and kimmie :bounce:

I'll say "never say never" till they retire :p:devil:

Infiniti2001
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Someone in this thread is hiding. :tape:

Stalker :tape:

jcaprulez
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Kim should've won either the US open or the Australian by now. I think Amelie is good enough but don't think she ever will.

Knizzle
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Stalker :tape:

OWNED.

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:04 AM
i think its now or never for clijsters.....both seem to get a shot of nerves...irony would be with kim being such a short favourite..mesmo getting up & surprizing.

Volcana
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I think they're probably more talented than many of the players who have won slams. Do you think they will ever get through the two weeks without choking.Clijsters probably, Mauresmo, probably not.

Outside of the French, I don't think either of them choke. They sometimes don't play their best, but that happens to everybody. Almost everytime they've lost in a slam, it was to a more talented player. Certainly in all five their slam final losses.

JPrince
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:13 AM
I say let's give both of them a break and see what happens until they both retire. They still have alot of tennis left in them. Most importantly though, let's stop having this thread repeated over and over and over again! Enough!

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:20 AM
I say let's give both of them a break and see what happens until they both retire. They still have alot of tennis left in them. Most importantly though, let's stop having this thread repeated over and over and over again! Enough!

Why? :shrug:
Should someone have bumped and old thread?

Marshmallow
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Kim may if she can if she can get past that mental block but I dont think Amelie will ever win a slam she has had to many opportunities without converting.

Right! Because Mauresmo is the one who's been in 4 slam finals and hasn't converted!

Mauresmo's best chance of a slam is wimbledon. It's her best surface, and she's lost the last two semi-finals in close 3 setters, against very good players. She can win any slam, as her game is all-court. However i think she needs to be more aggressive with her game, and not let emotions get the best of her on court. She's better mentally IMO, and doesn't choke away leads. She still gets nervous and that awful defensive game comes out - but she is fighting much better. I believe she has a slam in her.

Clijsters - well, her game is very aggressive, and she is a good defender. She's probably better mentally - and between her and Momo, she is more likely to get the slam first - but she too needs things in her favour. A draw without a fit williams sister, without Justine near the final or Davenport on grass or hardcourt - if lindsay is playing well. When the pressure is on - she just gets very aggressive and frustrated. To be honest, i think pile on some pressure in another final soon and she'll choke again.

Mauresmo and kim have as good a chance as each other of winning a slam soon - but things have to be in their favour. Like Maria's YEC victory. It would always help if your opponent can barely hit a ball.

MinnyGophers
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Why? :shrug:
Should someone have bumped and old thread?

because the same things are said over and over in the same threads... no new infos here.
who knows what will happen? i certainly don't and predicting things doesn't mean that it will happen or not.

Marshmallow
Aug 29th, 2005, 12:46 AM

So kim doesn't having winning head to head against Venus because? Being more talented and all.

Ceecor
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:03 AM
because the same things are said over and over in the same threads... no new infos here.
who knows what will happen? i certainly don't and predicting things doesn't mean that it will happen or not.

Well, if your new to wtaworld, then every thread is a 'new' thread for some time at least.
AND
Speculation as to what will happen is a lot of the fun of following any kind sport as is post mortems after the game.

If 'we' dont discuss what happened and what may happen..what would the threads be about? Tits,arse and fashion? etc etc

Linnie
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I say let's give both of them a break and see what happens until they both retire. They still have alot of tennis left in them.
Exactly :)

I'm glad Amélie and Kim don't read these threads (or at least I hope they don't) ;)

FedererFan84
Aug 29th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Clijsters will, Mauresmo won't.

leokennan
Aug 29th, 2005, 04:46 AM
good luck

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Momo will probably never win a slam if Serena is in the draw :tape:. As for Kim, she'll definitely win a hardcourt slam sooner or later.

Rub
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:08 AM
i hope kim wins sooner so these threads will stop!