PDA

View Full Version : Your strategy?

Stingray
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
How do you prefer to PAW?
Personally I always keep a few back for final/semi, but I noticed a lot of people use most of their PAW's up in the first round or two. For US open 1st round I've picked 7

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:19 AM
I'd like to think I'm the Clijsters of PAW, I play defensive when required (pick safely) but go for the passing shot/win when there's an opportunity.

Hayato
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:04 AM
I'd like to think I'm the Clijsters of PAW, I play defensive when required (pick safely) but go for the passing shot/win when there's an opportunity.

I think I'm Kveta Peschke...she is pretty erratic (unlike me :tape: :lol: ) but we tend to perform as well as each other each week.

geegables
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:29 AM
ive realised a good way to go is to either play safe and go for the 8 pointers which usually end up wining you a lot. or you go crazy in the first few rounds and safe in the last few rounds to balance it all out

Hachiko
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:09 AM
I wish I could say I had a strategy, but I really don't.
Maybe that's why I'm so crap, lol.

:Rawwb:
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Pick and Pray is my strategy....

jrm
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Using my head (that's why i normally skip big points), current form, surface ...

to sum up:

no suprises - high in the rankings
many suprises - low in the rankings

nitsansh
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I have quite a regular distribution of picks... normally in a 13-picks tournament, I have 5-6 picks in the 1st round and 3-4 in the 2nd, and that leaves 2 for the QF, 1 for the SF and 1 for the final. I rarely use my final pick before the final, because I want to be "in control of my destiny".

My playing style is quite aggresive, I usually select picks with high scoring points. That may be the reason I had 5 finals this year and only 2 other top-10 places... and my best W-L record in a 13-picks tournament is 9-4 in those 3 wins and 1 runner-up...

If I find myself in a situation that I have a shot for the title, I select my picks carefully and look at the picks made by my close rivals. In situation like this I would opt for the picks that would give me best chance to win the tournament and not necessarily those I think will win the match...

andrew_uk
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:59 PM
I always like to climb the table rather then blow too many upset picks in the 1st round - if there are likely upsets in the 1st round I usually tend to pick them though.

I love having a solid start and then unleashing an attack so I can have a strong finish :armed: :lol: :wavey:

James
Nov 8th, 2005, 05:23 AM
I'm the Anna Smashnova of the tour, an occasional Tier IV win but never anything major. :lol:

I usually try and pick safe, but adding big pointers if many go for it or I truly believe in the upset.

Hayato
Nov 8th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I think I'm Kveta Peschke...she is pretty erratic (unlike me :tape: :lol: ) but we tend to perform as well as each other each week.

:spit: okay i'm definitely not her anymore :p

Shonami Slam
Nov 8th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I grew up idolizing *cory* :lol:
no, really - i prefer picking around 7 first round picks in 13-pick tournies, then i add the qualifier matches that seem worthwhile
but i don't go for crazed picks nor anything too safe.
i mostly thrive on the 8-12, 9-11 picks, and no one likes 10-10 picks like i do.
this type of game gives me a consistent appearence in the lower tiers, but i've yet to really break the top tournies.
if you would check the record - my 18th tourny is 10 points, yet i'm ranked outside the top100 - it basicly means you could count on me to get points every week of the year.
i need to do better at slams and big tournies and i'll be a top50 player next year.
still- i'd love to be so courageous as *cory*

Louis Cyphre
Nov 8th, 2005, 06:46 PM
strategy hmmm... I think it`s "Юруш на черешитееее" if you know what i mean :p

Ballbasher
Nov 8th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I use on pick for some points,but I play very risky
And when I see I canīt do anything I try to get a positive w/l record :lol:

tal1985
Nov 8th, 2005, 08:33 PM
im a big gambler
i like to pick games with a lott of point's