PDA

View Full Version : Ipek Senoglu may play in USA or UK if not supported by Turkey :(

Tenisci
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Ipek Senoglu announced that she is looking for a club in Turkey but didnt agree any of it. She wants to play in Turkey but she has to get something more for her career. There are invitations from USA and UK. If Turkey does nor help her, she must go one of these countries :(

Tenisci
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:38 PM
hope she will stay here :)

~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I hope she'll play for USA!!!!!!!

Declan
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:20 PM
What's her connection to Britain then?

Monica_Rules
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:46 PM
She plays here quite a bit. Maybe she has family here?

controlfreak
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I bet if she changed her name to Reebok Senoglu she could get an endorsement.

Tenisci
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:30 PM
She plays here quite a bit. Maybe she has family here?

she was training in The Tennis Academy in Suuton or London :)

Tenisci
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I bet if she changed her name to Reebok Senoglu she could get an endorsement.

didnt understand ?

Boss monkey
Aug 29th, 2005, 05:35 PM
didnt understand ?
It was a joke :p .

Tenisci
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM
What's her connection to Britain then?

She was a member of The Tennis Academy in London :)

deep bass
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Quite frankly, our tennis needs all the help it can get! Come on over Ipek. Show our middle-class-wannabees-but-never-will-bees-except-for-Bally-(hopefully) how the game should be played.

grmbl
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
i hope she'll retire... ;)

Tenisci
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
i hope she'll retire... ;)

She wont:) I wrote here as Ipek is retiring and she read that and she became angry with me :sad:

tennisbum79
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Quite frankly, our tennis needs all the help it can get! Come on over Ipek. Show our middle-class-wannabees-but-never-will-bees-except-for-Bally-(hopefully) how the game should be played.

It is a pity that the home of Wimbledon has not has a player of note for a long time.

Frankly, for all its prestige, Wimbledon image is making it difficult for British youth to develop as tennis players.

Wimbledon is still a private club I gather. Hence elitist
Not enough facilities outside Wimbledon to attract sons and daughters middle or working class families.
In a society highly hierarchical as the British society, it is a tall order for family to muster the courage to sign up their sons and daughters for a sport associated with members of society with title in front of their names.

The sons and daughters issued from the high society play for recreational purposes. They do not have the motivation or intention to make it a career path, because they lack the drive and motivation. Characters traits in abundant supply with sons and daughters from a middle or working class family, given their circumstances.

marmite1
Sep 15th, 2005, 01:40 PM

Agreed! We are in desperate need of some players :)

tennisbum79
Sep 15th, 2005, 06:06 PM
So Where? US, UK or Turkey

polishprodigy
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I say she go play for Britain..or Canada! Ipek, if you join Canada, you can get a WC like Haydi did and have a better shot of winning a match! Of course, if you play for GBR, which you seem to love so much considering you loved Wimbledon so much, you can get a Qualy WC into Wimbledon ;)

Stingray
Sep 16th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Is Ipek any good??? like roughly Top what (100, 50 etc) potential does she have when fit?

Irish
Sep 16th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Would love to have her here. :kiss: :D

kaki
Sep 16th, 2005, 08:40 AM
If she is talented,I would like her to go to great britain,because there are already plenty of players in USA,so her chances to emerge will be slim compared to those she would have heading to GB

Jeff
Sep 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Personally, I'm tired of players coming to represent USA, just so that they can have a representation and better training. There's way to many players doing that.

Tenisci
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I say she go play for Britain..or Canada! Ipek, if you join Canada, you can get a WC like Haydi did and have a better shot of winning a match! Of course, if you play for GBR, which you seem to love so much considering you loved Wimbledon so much, you can get a Qualy WC into Wimbledon ;)

you may be right, It may be good for her to play in Canada but there is no invitation from there i think. The invitations came from USA (where she played as a college student in California and elected as the best single player in 2000, best plater in both in singles and doubles in 2001) and from UK

Tenisci
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Is Ipek any good??? like roughly Top what (100, 50 etc) potential does she have when fit?

Former world no 85 in doubles. Played 3rd in US Open last year with Laura Granville :)

For WTA Biography http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerBio2.asp?PlayerID=190578