PDA

View Full Version : Mary vs Mara Santangelo Mary wins 6-2 6-4

Mark Spruce
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Go Mary and have fun !!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to cheer you on all the way from Scotland.

take care

mark

MPStylee
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Fuck yeah, Mary!

sebbe
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:11 AM
The funny thing is that I was watching Mara all week in Stockholm and I can't say that I can like her, she was angry all the time, never nice to anyone and always like...oh this is boring and bla bla. So I can't wait for Mary to crush Mara. But you guys know one thing, Mary is slow between the points and Mara is absolutley the same, her routine before the serve is so slow so it will probably take some time to play this match;).

flea
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:19 AM
But you guys know one thing, Mary is slow between the points and Mara is absolutley the same, her routine before the serve is so slow so it will probably take som time to play this match;).
:yawn: :yawn: :drink: :drink: :lol:

Scotso
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Even with them taking so much time, it will be 6-0 6-0 Mary in 36 minutes. :angel:

Andy.
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Mary should be able to blow her off the court i have seen her play once and i wasnt impressed.

cakiteror
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:44 AM
guys,one match at a time!
lol

sebbe
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:48 PM
guys,one match at a time!
lol

This is one match at a time ;)

atoutix
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:08 PM
i m exited to see this first match :lick: ( do you know when it will be play?? ) and I hope that Mary is in the zone !! :bounce:

vanillalatte
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:09 PM
kick her ass, Mary! :devil:
does anybody know the time when this match will start??
hope it will be televised.

LefandePatty
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:20 PM
The question is how many games will Mara win? 2? 3? ;)

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:46 PM

they'll play tuesday, so .. patience ;)

vanillalatte
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM
they'll play tuesday, so .. patience ;)

i'm famous for not having an angelic patience :rolleyes:

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:04 PM

I see the tv program ! No horror movies on Tuesday ! :devil:

rsunderji
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I'm heading over to the US open next weekend I hope mary will still be there, but yes lets start with this mara chick and hope mary puts her in her place

Mark Spruce
Aug 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
just go out there mary and have fun.

do you best

We will all cheer you on so hard.

Mark

p.s OGAAT

sebbe
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Hope though that Mary is cmpletely healed now and fit for alot of tennis.

MaryPierceFan
Aug 29th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Go girl! You can do it!

stenen
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Go Mary! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Aug 29th, 2005, 08:47 PM
So do I. I will not be watching the match live. As if I watch the match I seem always to bring Mary bad luck, or she has a hard match.

Is there any web cams this year. I hope so

Mark

saby
Aug 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
:angel: Good luck Mary :angel:

Mark Spruce
Aug 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Grandstand (1500 GMT)

Sesil Karatantcheva (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/1234/) (Bulgaria) v Meghann Shaughnessy (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/141/) (U.S.)

11-David Nalbandian (Argentina) v Alex Bogomolov (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/925/)

(U.S.) Andrei Pavel (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/27/) (Romania) v Andy Murray (Britain)

Mara Santangelo (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/576/) (Italy) v 12-Mary Pierce (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/160/) (France)

Robby Ginepri (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/348/) (U.S.) v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/623/) (Spain)

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Scotso
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Grandstand is the best court :D

ALLEZ MARY!

cakiteror
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Good Luck Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaary!

aimee20
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:44 AM
i'm so looking forward for her new dress as well :bounce: .

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Oh yes the new outfit. WOW I can't wait to see it and see what materials it could be made of.

Mark

Andy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I hope Mary comes out with something amazing and blows us away. Good luck Mary im sure you will do well.

JMC
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Best luck Mary GOOOOOOOOOOOOO :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

sebbe
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Oh yes the new outfit. WOW I can't wait to see it and see what materials it could be made of.

Mark

Have you seen it?

atoutix
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:34 PM

Mark

yes, i hope her first match will be on eurosport france :confused:

Ballbasher
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:06 PM
gooo Mary

vanillalatte
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:23 PM
best of luck Mary!

aimee20
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Have you seen it?

i predict it would be some what between yellow or blue or purple. :wavey:

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I have not seen it, it will be a total suprise I think.

I think that it for sure will have red in it. Now I suppose Mary will see that comment and change it LOL

Mark

sebbe
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I think it will be the same as in San Diego.

Andy.
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:05 PM
I hope it will be something different.

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I am sure that it would not be the same, as this is a major tournament. And I am sure that Mary would want somthing completely different.

Mark

Kathrin
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I am sure that it would not be the same, as this is a major tournament. And I am sure that Mary would want somthing completely different.

Mark

Hi,
that's right, it will not be the same as in San Diego because the players always wear something completely different from the former (little) tournaments; especially when this tournament is called US Open (GS,you know)!
I'm very excited about the first match...I can't wait to see her!!! But first Andy Murray is playing on the court so that it will still take some time.. So hurry up Andy!

Kathrin

sebbe
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:40 PM
She didn't at Roland Garros, played with the same as she had done all spring. But I really hope she will wear something different:D

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I think that we will find out in about probably 2-3 hours I think.

I do so hope that Mary has got somthing new for us to marvel at.

Mark

Kathrin
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Hi,
it's almost 2am and I'm watching tennis for about nine hours now; just waiting to see Mary playing her first match: and now they are showing Lindsay Davenport on Eurosport German!? I can' t believe it!!! What the f... is that??? I'm so disappointed and TIRED.. What am I gonna do now:-(?

Kathrin

sebbe
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:05 AM
It was the same;)... white dress with blue and yellow stripes

I like it, still the swedish colors haha

aimee20
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:11 AM
at least my prediction was right :lol: yellow and blue
I think she couldn't focus on her own line because she's been busy with practicing. good on ya girl :wavey:

Scotso
Aug 31st, 2005, 12:47 AM
Mary is on fire right now :eek:

sebbe
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:04 AM
They just showed a few games from the match and Mary was looking like she is out there doing what she have to. Moved okey but not like in San Diego.

Kathrin
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:15 AM
They just showed a few games from the match and Mary was looking like she is out there doing what she have to. Moved okey but not like in San Diego.

Hi,
finally I saw her for about 14 minutes and I feel the same.. She's not that straight and somehow moving slow.. Maybe she needs a few games to show what she's really got! I believe in her!

By the way: it's 6:2;4:2 now (allright for this first round)

And yeah, you were right with her look;-)!

Kathrin

sebbe
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:25 AM
As usual Mary couldn't take care of her first 2 match points at 5-3 and now Mara broke match to 4-5.... this starts to make me a bit frustrated, every single match, but I bet it is much more frustrating for Mary. Go mary, break Mara and take the match.

sebbe
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:30 AM
Mary won the match on her 3:d matchpoint .... 3 winners in the last game.

34 winners and 9 unforced errors....

6-2 6-4 .... pretty good start for Mary is Us Open.... still has some things to improve.

Congratulations Mary and good Luck against Kata...

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:33 AM
yeah do not keep loosing your games LOL Mary when you serve for a match.

puts us though so much LOL

but well done so proud of you

Mark

Nyangel2103
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:34 AM
It looks like Mary wore the same thing as the Acura....:( But then again I don't care what Mary wears as long as she wins!!!! Maybe she feels that if she wears the same she'll have the same result?

Kathrin
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:36 AM
Hi,
now it's 3:30am and finally I will sleep pretty well as the upcoming US Open Champion of 2005 managed her first match! Didn't convince me at all but I love Mary too much to criticize her;-)!
I just had the feeling she wasn't enjoying it as usual..?!

So, good night ladies and gentlemen.

Kathrin

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:37 AM
well time to go hunt for some pics of mary

Well done and sleep well mary

Mark

Lu_Weird
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:40 AM
Happy Mary win...but still waste some match points and be broken back...I am not expecting there were a easy match because too easy much not good for following matches like Justine. I don't want Mary's match be arranged too late, if finsih in the evening might effect her rest and train of tomorrow, especiall when the match play everyday after 3rd. Mary, just get ready for everything!!!

Andy.
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:41 AM
Well done Mary, a nice solid start to the tournament, she can really build from here

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:47 AM
Yes build and this will give her confidence. And also not wanting to go out in the 1st round would give extra nerves

SO WELL DONE AGAIN FROM ME

mark

cakiteror
Aug 31st, 2005, 02:21 AM
nice job mary!

Scotso
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:09 AM
Stop being modest, guys. Those stats are amazing. A little slip at the end doesn't take away from that. Amazing match from Mary. Simply amazing. :hearts:

saby
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:32 AM
GREAT GOOD NEWS FOR A GOOD DAY !!!

well done Mary

MaryPierceFan
Aug 31st, 2005, 07:20 AM
Good job!

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:39 AM
Well said Mellissa

Mark

rsunderji
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Was Mary wearing anything on the thigh that she strained? I was listening on Eurosport radio (they went to the Pierce match in between the davenport and roddick mack which is more than I can say for usa network) and they had good things to say about Mary, saying it was a real good start for her. But I'm little worried if you guys are saying she wasn't moving as well but maybe that improves with more match play.

Rahim

sebbe
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:27 PM
Was Mary wearing anything on the thigh that she strained? I was listening on Eurosport radio (they went to the Pierce match in between the davenport and roddick mack which is more than I can say for usa network) and they had good things to say about Mary, saying it was a real good start for her. But I'm little worried if you guys are saying she wasn't moving as well but maybe that improves with more match play.

Rahim

What I could see she wasn't taped or anything so I guess it is pretty good. I would guess that Mary was moving a little slower then usual beacuse she had to wait for a long time before she could go out in court. But I think that Mary can raise her level quite alot, specially on her returns.

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Also she has not played a proper match in a short while, and just needs to get back in the grove. Also maybe Mary was a bit weary of straining her thigh.

Lets she what happens tommorow.

regards

Mark

vanillalatte
Aug 31st, 2005, 03:37 PM
Mary :kiss:
well done.
see you in the 2nd round
& good luck against srebotnik!

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 31st, 2005, 04:27 PM
Well done Mary...good scoreline...!!!:worship:

Good luck against Srebotnik...

COME ON MARY...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!:bounce: :worship: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:40 PM
Mary can do it for sure.

Wishing Mary all of the best.

Are any of you gus able to go to the Open

mark

saby
Aug 31st, 2005, 05:54 PM

Rahim

Guys I don't think we should worry at all, I still have on my mind, Taylor Dent and Nick Bolietierie's comments about Mary, so if both said such a huge compliment to her, we should trust Mary.

rsunderji
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:52 PM
Guys I don't think we should worry at all, I still have on my mind, Taylor Dent and Nick Bolietierie's comments about Mary, so if both said such a huge compliment to her, we should trust Mary.

I missed what Taylor Dent said?

saby
Aug 31st, 2005, 08:46 PM
I missed what Taylor Dent said?

Taylor said,
Mary is amazing, what she is doing during training is unbeliveble, she never stops during 2 hours, 2 times a day, even me i can't do it, I'm amaze...

Nick said,
Mary is really dangerous....

pierce_fanatic
Sep 1st, 2005, 07:19 AM
Well Done Mary ! Good luck for tonights/tomorrows match. I know you can do it !

:D :D :D :D

rsunderji
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:29 PM
Taylor said,
Mary is amazing, what she is doing during training is unbeliveble, she never stops during 2 hours, 2 times a day, even me i can't do it, I'm amaze...

Nick said,
Mary is really dangerous....

Thanks for that...wow that's crazy I'm so pumped for Mary

Rahim

Mark Spruce
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:56 PM
Mary is so dedicated

Mark