PDA

View Full Version : Awwww, Lindsay's post-match interview was so sweet. I love her!

LoveFifteen
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Awwww, Lindsay's post-match interview was so sweet. I love her! I just want to fly through the TV and give her a hug and tell her that she's such an inspiration. Please, oh please Lindsay, win the US Open!

Awwww, it just showed Amelie and Lindsay sitting in their chairs chatting. They looked really nice and friendly to each other. Didn't seem fake or anything. I know I'm too mushy, but really I just love them both.

P.S. I'm getting more and more worried that Kim and Lindsay will meet in the final. I don't think I'll ever have seen a more gut-wrenching match. I so want Kimmie to win a Slam, and I so want Davy to win, too.

hablo
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Awwww, Lindsay's post-match interview was so sweet. I love her! I just want to fly through the TV and give her a hug and tell her that she's such an inspiration. Please, oh please Lindsay, win the US Open!

Awwww, it just showed Amelie and Lindsay sitting in their chairs chatting. They looked really nice and friendly to each other. Didn't seem fake or anything. I know I'm too mushy, but really I just love them both.

P.S. I'm getting more and more worried that Kim and Lindsay will meet in the final. I don't think I'll ever have seen a more gut-wrenching match. I so want Kimmie to win a Slam, and I so want Davy to win, too.

I just saw that too... :lol::awww:

LoveFifteen
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:50 PM
As much as I love other players like Serena, Maria, Venus, Jen Cap, I cannot really imagine them chatting together after the match in a friendly manner. Haha.

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:57 PM
hahahha agrees

Ty-Ty
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Good atomosphere between the two, obviously. I hope Momo does well at the Open as well as Lindsay. <3

RayRob
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:34 PM
:awww: Eurocrap didn't show it - they never show post match ceremonies anymore :(

It would have been nice to see that, the exchange at the net looked very friendly!

Go Lindsay - roll on US Open! :bounce: Getting excited now - it's my fave slam :D

-Rache

K-Dog
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:36 PM

Don't worry, Venus will take care of that!!

griffin
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:07 AM
As much as I love other players like Serena, Maria, Venus, Jen Cap, I cannot really imagine them chatting together after the match in a friendly manner. Haha.

Actually, the last time Venus and Lindsay played in the Pilot Pen final, they too chatted quite amicably after the match. I'm sure it's happened at other finals I've been to, but that one stuck out for me becuase they seemed to be gossiping about a rather, uh, interesting painting of the Sisters that some fan was holding up behind them :lol: (and of course I was paying attention today because of Momo :angel: )

The fact is, I think the players get along a lot better than most of us assume. We're the ones holding grudges.

Dawn Marie
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:18 AM
I think when younger players come up they are cocky at their rivals. Each of them know who to fear on the court so they talk a lil smack and have a lil attitude. When they mature and start getting old in tennis years each of their tennis moments are cherished. They begin to have respect for one another. Because they soon realize that they were put there at the same tennis time that their peers were. Basically it is so much more than tennis as the players age. It's about respect for their fellow sports sister who is sweating it out on the court opposite of you.

JenFan75
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Now I wish I had been awake to see it ._.

Robbie.
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Lindsay and Amelie are both great girls and seem pretty laid back so this doesn't surprise me.

I think probably the most memorable instance of player's chatting after a championship match would have to be Majoli-Hingis at RG97. Hingis was laughing and chatting with Iva on the winner's dais after she had in her own words "been killed" and this was at a time when Hingis was supposed to be the biggest brat ever to grace the women's tour :tape:

Marshmallow
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:25 AM
:awww: Eurocrap didn't show it - they never show post match ceremonies anymore :(

I was gonna say the same thing about Euroshyte. The cut out the ceremony and shows us WATTS repeats!!!

sebbe
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I just miss the hunger from Lindsay to win. She always looks so bored, don't take me wrong I like Lindsay and would like for her to finally get a slam now....but it would be nicer to watch.

bis2806
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Hey I saw that too! Lindsay and Amelie seemed like they were really good friends and even though Amelie lost today and in Wimbledon, she didn't seem to be cold or upset with Lindsay. Looks like Lindsay is definitely the most respected female player on the tour :)

new-york
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
i love to see that some players are really cool to eachother. that's just nice.

Loughyunijen
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:07 PM
anyone got a transcript of the post match interview?

vwfan
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Lindsay is just really decent. She is also a great player and has really pulled in game together working on her two biggest weaknesses: movement and on-the court attitude. I think this is why she had a breakthough. In the San Diego final in 2004, she didn't back down in that three-set match against Venus and she didn't allow Venus to exploit her movement the way Venus was accustomed to doing in the past. Kudos to her! She and Venus, my fav, have given us some thrilling tennis.
I'm glad she won the Pilot Pen and took the #1 ranking back!