PDA

View Full Version : Do You Cook?/Post your recipes!!

Wigglytuff
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:16 PM
hey, so i have been learning to cook recently (i am 24 going to be 25 in a few weeks). and i am wondering if you guys cook.

darn it! the second option should be i HATE cooking.

GBFH
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:17 PM
sure do.

my specialties:

cheese soup
spaghetti and meatballs
chili
southwest spaghetti

decemberlove
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I cook macaroni & cheese, if that counts. :)

BigB08822
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I love to cook but doesnt mean I am very good at it.

I like to make chicken parmagian (sp?) and hamburger steaks with gravy among other things.

I think my next attempt will be making salmon cakes.

Wigglytuff
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I once blew up a microwave while making popcorn.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
i mean how :sad:

matthieu_tennis
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:41 PM
i cook Tourtiere
italian spagetti
Pancake

Come-on-kim
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I like cooking.... well I am "learning" to cook, meaning that I can't do it like that, it's not natural to me :p I have to follow the steps of a recipes in a book ;)

Speciality :

Chicken with sour-and-sweet sause and chinese vegetables

skanky~skanketta
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:00 PM
meals: butter chicken, chicken curry, honey soy chicken, chicken tikka masala, spaghetti bolognese, prawn briyani, fried eggplant with yoghurt and corriander sauce, aloo gobi, pepper potato, somemushroom thing which i make (dunno what it's called), fish cutlets, rogan josh (lamb), roasted chicken.

dessert: chocolate cheese cake, payasum, choc raspberry cake, choc jam cake, moist carrot cake, fruit salad (my special sauce).
and i'm proud to say i make these from scratch.

i've tried and tried, but i can never seem to make peking duck. :( same with tiramisu. i seem to put too much rum. :o

Avid Merrion
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:09 PM
i love cooking, must be the Italian in me ;)

i'll have a go at making anything but Italian food is my speciality :lick:

Vincent
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I am really good at cooking, nothing can elude me actually. ;)

Josh
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Cooking is not too difficult, just try out some things. That's how I do it and everything I've made so far has been yummie (if I may say so myself ;)).

propi
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I love cooking, if I'm good or bad you better ask to these eating what I cook :p
I love doing Spanish omelette, very easy to do... just onion, eggs, potato, salt and pepper if you want to :p :lick:
I like to cook different types of tapas too :bounce::bounce:

sarza
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:26 PM
meals: butter chicken, chicken curry, honey soy chicken, chicken tikka masala, spaghetti bolognese, prawn briyani, fried eggplant with yoghurt and corriander sauce, aloo gobi, pepper potato, somemushroom thing which i make (dunno what it's called), fish cutlets, rogan josh (lamb), roasted chicken.

dessert: chocolate cheese cake, payasum, choc raspberry cake, choc jam cake, moist carrot cake, fruit salad (my special sauce).

i've tried and tried, but i can never seem to make peking duck. :( same with tiramisu. i seem to put too much rum. :o

how do u make butter chicken, please! i buy it alot and love it, many thanks

Martian Willow
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I started to like cooking when I realised you don't have to follow a recipe. :)

Come-on-kim
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Cooking is not too difficult, just try out some things. That's how I do it and everything I've made so far has been yummie (if I may say so myself ;)).
When will you invite me over to taste it? :p

ics_seitan
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:24 PM
my favorite recipes:

potato leek soup with homemade vegetable broth
napa cabbage salad with peanut-miso dressing and tofu croutons
stir fried seitan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seitan) and bok choy
horchata

:Rawwb:
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Lumpy Spaghetti Bolognese :drool:

OUT!
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I love cooking. I can cook awesome Irish stew and a competent Jamaican ackee and saltfish meal. My fave celeb cook is Delia Smith! Check out her website ;) http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/r_0000001166.asp

Infiniti2001
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:43 PM
I love cooking---- learned everything I know from my grandma in the Caribbean. Although I'm a vegetarian, I can fix just about any meal ---- I cook fish, chicken , meat in so many different recipes for my family ---never taste the shit :lol:

Anyway, I love cooking pasta and some Indian dishes. I felt like having some pasta tonight, so I whipped up some red and green peppers, onions , olives , basil, with fresh tomatoes for my sauce and cooked some wheat pasta, and for veggies some peas ( I am so sick of broccoli) . I captured the pic for my msn :lol:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7158/1737370ep.jpg

Fingon
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:27 AM
my speciality, fried eggs.

put some oil on a pan, then break 1 or more eggs, carefully by hitting the balls agaisnt the pan border (alternatively, you can break the eggs with a fork or a knive, or any hard object).

put the pan on the stove and heat it up.
Then wait around until the eggs look good.

Then, serve the eggs, put some salt on them and eat them. It's a good idea to have some bread with them.

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Yep I cook dinner on most nights.

Maryamator
Aug 28th, 2005, 10:15 AM
i can cook macaroni and cheese too its easy :p

tfannis
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I love cooking (and since I'm vegetarian, I can't count on my dad that often anymore. He's really into meat ;) )...speciality: all kinds of pasta. Ate some tortellini filled with 5 types of cheese with mushroomsauce yesterday :drool:

SJW
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM

i love Indian food. can we move in together? now that would be funny :lol:

SJW
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
i love cooking, must be the Italian in me ;)

i'll have a go at making anything but Italian food is my speciality :lick:

:hearts:

SJW
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:53 PM
i can cook most things that i eat :lol:
the West Indian stuff is passed down generation by generation
the Italian stuff i just managed to pick up :shrug:
same with the English stuff.

i dont own a cookbook and i doubt i ever will.

azza
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I can cook

Scrambled Eggs
Mashed Potatoes
Spaghetti Bolaganse with mince :drool: :orgasm:

azza
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:05 PM
anyone know how to cook Honey chicken?

Wigglytuff
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:51 PM
can someone help me with french toast:

here is my problem, what do you have to do with the eggs to make the bread soak them up real good. i put little but of milk in the mix but it doesnt seem to help much.

Wigglytuff
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM
anyone know how to cook Honey chicken?

ehre are to recipes

http://chicken.allrecipes.com/az/HoneyChicken.asp

http://chicken.allrecipes.com/az/YummyHoneyChickenKebabs.asp

Grachka
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Being a veggie, I can't cook meat at all, and panic when anyone asks me to :o

My lentil bolognaise (:help: ) is my most popular dish :devil:

Spunky83
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Ever since I live on my own, I started to cook...Lasagne, Spaghetti Bolognese, Ceasars Salad with grilled chicken, several rice dishes, veggie soup. My fatherīs a chef but never learned how to do it. Itīs s steady work in progress.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I once blew up a microwave while making popcorn.

:haha:

CooCooCachoo
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Being a veggie, I can't cook meat at all, and panic when anyone asks me to :o

My lentil bolognaise (:help: ) is my most popular dish :devil:

That sounds gross :o Even though I quite often eat vegetarian too, cause it's nice.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I do love to cook, but not seven days a week :p But in this student home I have lived in since a week, the kitchen is quite gross and I am kind of :scared: when it comes to cooking.

Meesh
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I enjoy cooking when I have time. I've been bringing this to parties lately.. IT's not really cooking but everyone loves it.

Taco Salad :lick:
-----------
lettuce
little tomatoes cut in half
onion (chopped small)
Ranch dressing (usually the whole small bottle)
ground beef (1lbs.)
Dorito's (regular not ranch)

brown the beef, cool it... add everything except the dorito's until the last minute. When ready to serve.. open dorito bag.. crush the dorito's in the bag and mix it in... it's so yummy and everyone likes it. Make sure you add the dorito's last or it gets soggy. And don't add the beef while it's hot or it will wilt the lettuce...

Grachka
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM
That sounds gross :o Even though I quite often eat vegetarian too, cause it's nice.
It sounds awful, and guests look a bit scared when I tell them what I'm going to make, but once I add my secret ingredients they are like lambs to the slaughter :devil:

Harju.
Aug 28th, 2005, 06:00 PM
i love cooking :o. i like to cook new stuffs that i made up myself. sometimes its gross, sometimes it turns out to be pretty good.

my speciality is however, grilled salmon with mango :o sounds weird but taste damn good.

controlfreak
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I like to think I can cook just about anything... the trouble is, when I get going in the kitchen, the result could turn out to be just about anything... and probably not what the recipients were expecting!

My speciality is tortilla de patatas, aka Spanish omelette. It took me quite a few attempts to get that one right, but I'm very proud I did.