PDA

View Full Version : Mary Joe Fernandez: "Capriati won't play the rest of the year"

alwayshingis
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Oneofakind0490
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I never knew she got wrist surgery:sad:

Sinnet
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:39 PM
She had WRIST surgery??

Foot_Fault
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:39 PM
She said "SHE DOESN'T THINK she will" come on, report accurately.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
She said "SHE DOESN'T THINK she will" come on, report accurately.
My thoughts exactly...

pcrtennis
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
She talked to her a few weeks ago and sounded like Capriati will not play till next year

yukon145
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:41 PM
no one knew she had wrist surgery too. but i remember seeing Jenn's wrists taped last year at the US Open for the first time i have ever remembered so it makes sense that she would have them fixed while she was out.

the good news is that she wants to get better she wants to fix her injuries. shes not retiring like people have said. also Mary Joe said that Jenn has been working 4-5 hours a day getting fit. i can't wait for her to comeback, when ever that may be.

Sinnet
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Chances are she'll make a return in an exhibition before the Australian Open or AT the Australian Open. No point in coming back this year, it'll be too early.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I don't think even CAP knows if she will play in the fall. It depends how how fast she heals and rehabs. Thats why she has entered into a couple fall tourneys in october. She will have no problebs getting into the tourneys incase she is healthy by that time. She will also not have to use any of her WCs..save those for next year ;) :bounce:

TeamUSA#1
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Pat Mac asked her what she knew about Capriati and she said she talked to her a few weeks ago and that she rehabbing 4-5 hours everyday. Mary Jo surmized that she(Mary Jo) thought she wouldn't be back this year. I know when Wimbly came around the reason they listed Capriati as being out was her wrist??? perhaps she had surgery in the spring on that???

As of now, she is still entered into Moscow and Linz....

ezekiel
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM
no surprise. Come back in Australia Jen :kiss:

cometz9
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Jennifer :sad:

Foot_Fault
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:58 PM
well i prefer her to comeback completely Healthy.... and if that is the 06 season then there it will be...you have to remember there has to be a great quality of life After Tennis.

But he asked her what she thought...and she said I THINK she wont.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:16 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :smoke:

jamatthews
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Imagine her winning the AO without a ranking... :lol: :tape:

Stamp Paid
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Imagine her winning the AO without a ranking... :lol: :tape:

or even a tournament!

they were hard enough to come by when she was #1 in the world!! :lol::lol:

manu32
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:53 PM
come on jenny miss your smile

SAEKeithSerena
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:54 PM
hahahahaha loves it

K-Dog
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well, that means that Jen will probably start at her favorite tournament, the Oz Open. Hopefully they'll give her a wildcard, since she doesn't have a ranking. Boy, a Serena vs. Jen first round would get the tournamnet off to a great start!!

~Will she have a protected seeding and ranking?~

Lemonskin.
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Well, that means that Jen will probably start at her favorite tournament, the Oz Open. Hopefully they'll give her a wildcard, since she doesn't have a ranking. Boy, a Serena vs. Jen first round would get the tournamnet off to a great start!!

~Will she have a protected seeding and ranking?~
I think 6 months or less gets you a protected seeding, unless I'm very much mistaken.

But hey, What tourney director WOULDNT give her a WC? She'll get a WC to any tourney she wants.

JennyS
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I think Jen gets protected ENTRY into events, but not a protected ranking. The only way she gets a protected ranking is if the WTA changes the rules (again).

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:56 PM
this story looks like what happened to Kournikova and Seles... she won't comeback :(

xcrtbckhnd
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Whatever the case, I am missing JenJen so much at the moment!!!! The USO won't be the same without her, but I hope that her recovery goes well. Come back next year Jen and make a splash!!!!

JennyS
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:32 PM
this story looks like what happened to Kournikova and Seles... she won't comeback :(

She seems pretty serious about the comeback.

K-Dog
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:33 PM

I don't think so. I think that Jen's injuries are easier to recover from than Seles' and Anna's. Jen needs time because she had two surgeries this time. Plus I still think that Jen can win matches on the tour, something both Monica and Anna were having trouble with before they went out.

R. Federer
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:52 PM
this story looks like what happened to Kournikova and Seles... she won't comeback :( kournikova's experience with injury (or "injury") is very different from seles's very real injury