PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova and Roddick :eek:

Chunchun
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:01 PM
27 August 2005

TENNIS MATCH

FORMER Wimbledon champ Maria Sharapova has been romantically linked with fellow tennis star Andy Roddick.

Speculation about the love match grew when the American turned up to support the Russian teenager at an event in New York on Wednesday.

He insisted they were just friends but the New York Post said Roddick's pals are telling everyone they are an item

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15901529%26method=full%26siteid=66633% 26headline=tennis%2dmatch%2d-name_page.html

AjdeNate!
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:03 PM
That's hot.

honeyke
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:04 PM
andy and maria would be a cute couple i guess...hope itīs not just a speculation

DutchieGirl
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Isn't that one of the British trash papers? :p

Meesh
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Reminds me of Jimmy and Chrissy

*Karen*
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:59 PM
They'd make a nice couple but I don't really believe it. It was the Maroon 5 singer last week.

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Didn't Roddick fuck date Harkleroad a while ago.

Maryamator
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:08 PM
roddick and maria :scratch:.... cute couple I GUESS

Mitzi
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:16 PM
cool, I guess :scratch:

Berlin_Calling
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:14 PM
masha gets around, huh? first adam levine, then the next week, andy roddick :p

Vincent
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Maria is probably taller than Andy! :o

But good luck to them! :D

Andrew..
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:23 PM
First Juanqui, then Andy. Is Maria taking Marti's position on the ATP?

Wombat
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Who will it be next week in newspapers?

VRee_Willario
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:27 PM
First Juanqui, then Andy. Is Maria taking Marti's position on the ATP?
No, she still has to date at least 15 men

Sinnet
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:34 PM
It's all tabloid mumbo-jumbo. If they ever hooked up, it was just a one time thing -- I don't think they're actually an "item." I just don't see what the connection there would be, Maria doesn't act mature enough I would think to be someone Andy would be interested in.

And no, I don't think he and Harkleroad ever hooked up. She's married and was engaged before that, and he was dating Mandy Moore back then.

Chunchun
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Maria is probably taller than Andy! :o

But good luck to them! :D

Andy is 6'4 ;) Maria is 6'1-6'2

Spunky83
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:37 PM
However...Maroon 5 singer, Andy, JCF....Maria has a damn fine taste!

Sad, I am

Andrew..
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Their children will never be as tall as Lindsay's.

Sinnet
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Andy is 6'4 ;) Maria is 6'1-6'2

Wrong. Andy is 6"2 exactly. So is Maria.

Spunky83
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Isn't that one of the British trash papers? :p

Yep

goldenlox
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
The Sun just had her with Maroon 5. Maria can't talk to a guy without being linked romantically to him.

Chunchun
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Wrong. Andy is 6"2 exactly. So is Maria.

oops my bad :o

Andrew..
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM
The Sun just had her with Maroon 5. Maria can't talk to a guy without being linked romantically to him.
She could just be a damn good sport.

Dan23
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
get over it people....these papers come up with a different version each week :p
if its true then good for them....we'll find out in good time
..but have another cheap dig while you can

Sinnet
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM

EXACTLY.

It is like this for every celebrity, folks. And while I DO find it odd that they've been to so many of the same events, I think it's coincidence. Andy needs a girlfriend, but he needs someone out of the limelight, down-to-earth and older than 18. :lol:

DutchieGirl
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Yep

well then that says it all! ;)

DutchieGirl
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:00 PM
If the banner is red it's a skanky paper.

uhh well I can't see the banner in Australia can I? :p (I didn't click the link to read the article). :p

morningglory
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM
:lol: ah well........ Roddick'll never live this down as long as he lives...
Nice.... maybe the USO crowd will support Maria even more now :)

sweetiepiedoll
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:34 PM
It doesn't matter who Maria is dating because she needs to win the USO in order to validate her #1 ranking (even if Lindsay does win the Pilot Pen).

pikespeak
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM
This whole thing is bullshit.

I'm not buying this.

I will go ahead and believe they are not dating. But I wouldn't be upset if they were.

However, if Andy and Maria are upset about all this, they can only blame themselves--and their publicists.

Here the real coup: :secret:

Andy's excuse about being a friend of Maria is granted--and well taken, but why couldn't he just say, "hey, I was invited at the last minute, I'm also doing a cologne with the same people, and plus I was in the neighborhood, I had to do the Today show and some other appearances." Did you see his interview? He spoke like he had something to hide, "um, um.". Tsk, tsk, Mr. Roddick. You should know better, obviously you learned nothing from dating Mandy Moore. Oh, well.

Andy is quite media savvy--but I don't know why his mind goes blank when it comes to his own publicity. :unsure: :confused:

Plus Maria's, "I don't talk about my personal life..." Wow, she told that to every network, then starting talking about--you guess it, her personal life. "No comment," would have done fine. Plus, she sounded kind of like a programmed robot when she talked too :lol: :lol: :lol:--complete with that annoying laugh. :rolleyes:

Also, from what I read, apparently their PR people were in a tizzy about not letting them get photographed together...it doesn't make any sense. What was the point then? When you are promoting a product, the main star (or celebrity spokesperson) has their picture taken with the makers of the product and their celebrity friends who are guests. HELLO! This is typical Public Relations protocol. Having them avoid each other made the whole thing worse and created a platform for more speculation--and excuse me, was extremely tacky, desperate, and entirely unneeded. :fiery: :fiery:

Oooo, child.

I had to vent on that. I'm wired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, lads.

M

Oh and P.S.

Andy needs a girlfriend, but he needs someone out of the limelight, down-to-earth and older than 18. :lol:

Out of the limelight? Down-to-earth? That's all sounds good in writing, but that's going to be really hard to find when your Andy. Is this girl willing to travel with him? Would it be better if she had a career of her own? When would she see him? He always traveling. Does she have the money to pay for all those flights, or will Andy pay?

Wouldn't it be easier to date someone who understands to limelight and also is completely cognizant that tennis is top priority for Andy, not you, the girlfriend?

That's going to be a doozy.

:lol: :lol:

Ta.

tommyk75
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM
By the way, yes Andy did in fact go out with Ashley, at least for a short while. It was before she got married (obviously), and before Andy really made it big. He even mentioned it in an interview that he was going out with a tennis player, but one that wasn't really that well-known.

Mrs. Peel
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:47 PM
She couldn't get Juan Carlos so I guess she has to settle for less.

Andy Roddick: WTA Man Whore. :p

Paialii
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Indeed, Andy and Ashley Harkleroad did date. They dated off and on for about two years when they were both around 15-17. Funnily enough, that's about the age Andy lost his virginity. Hmmm. :devil:

All the best to Andy and Maria if they're dating, even though I think it's all fabricated nonsense that the tabloids come up with, :wavey:

LoveFifteen
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Well, if I was the hottest girl on the WTA tour, I'd be trying to fuck all the hottest ATP players. Call me a slut, but I'd try to! :lol:

Paialii
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Well, if I was the hottest girl on the WTA tour, I'd be trying to fuck all the hottest ATP players. Call me a slut, but I'd try to! :lol:

Don't worry, when I join the WTA tour next year, I'll get my shot. :lick: :devil:

Penglover
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:00 PM
ar... too early to dream :haha: how you knew andy lost his virginity at 17 or 18? you were there? :)

Penglover
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:00 PM
who knows? maybe andy still is a virgin.

pikespeak
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:06 PM
who knows? maybe andy still is a virgin.

eh...
He said in Rolling Stone in 2003 that he lost his virginity when he began dating in his teens.

Apparently, according to him, he didn't make a big deal about it....losing his virginity, "wasn't a big concern for me," in regards to his friends--who lost it a lot earlier.

Hmmm...

pav
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I am far more concerned as to whether Maria did or didn't indulge in the eating of an olive, as reported recently:confused:

Sweep
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I smell BULLSHIT!

A pal or close source says...pah. Whatever. Go and write some real stories.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:20 PM
That's hot.

Whatever you say PARIS ;) :kiss:

faste5683
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Their children will never be as tall as Lindsay's.

:haha:

:wavey:

Chunchun
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:28 AM

:haha: you are such a BIG SLUT :lol: