PDA

View Full Version : Peng Shuai:"A little fortune can push me into USO final or even..."

adachi
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Brave girl! :lick:
I doubt if she mean USO final or other.I find these from a Chinese website:
(translated)
Peng Shuai said one of her biggest advantage was that she had played against almost all of the top players,
including Venus,Sharapova,Henin,Davenport,Clijsters.
She said she was practising hard,especially her serve,which she imporved a lot.
She also said her coach had told her lots of practice and a little fortune can help her reach USO final or even win the whole thing.And she can't help expecting that day.

Pengwin
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Wow, I'm so excited about her prospects and her draw at the US Open :hearts:

V.Melb
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Well, she should be confident. She is obviously an amazing player. Those big groundies can take her deep into the draw. Not easy for her to play Serena though.... even IF she manages to out slug Serena, which she is capable of.... Serena is very quick around the court and with more aggression.

Can't wait to see how she goes. But for the moment, her first round, Emma Laine, is not a pushover IMO. Will be a good warm up for her against Laine.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:33 AM
:lol: She can have big dreams :)

JenFan75
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I think she should get far in this tournament. Serena can barely drag her fat ass around the court anymore...

Emma Laine? Psshhh :rolleyes:

Then again, she can be inconsistent. but if she's playing decently she should be able to beat Serena.

VRee_Willario
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Good luck Emma against Shuai :D

Fingon
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
ok

tennnisfannn
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I think she should get far in this tournament. Serena can barely drag her fat ass around the court anymore...

Then again, she can be inconsistent. but if she's playing decently she should be able to beat Serena.
fancy a jen fan describing Serena as unfit:rolleyes:

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I have a feeling Laine will knock her off in 1r.

Dementirilenko
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Well, she shows us a lot of confidence. This is good.

Portobello
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:18 PM
I think that's good attitude ;)
if even she doesn't believe in herself,who else???? :D

RenaSlam.
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:51 PM
:eek: :rolleyes:

Xanadu11
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:11 PM
If you can concieve it you can achieve it.

Meesh
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Nice attitude. I hope I get to see some of these players that are creeping up in the ranks!

jj74
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Well, it seems she is a very optimistic girl :lol: :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Lovin' the attitude :hearts:

Bероника
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:53 PM
good...Shuai has to believe in herself and her abilities

Happy Guy
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Great to see Shuai is so confident, hope she can get through some rounds.

DragonFlame
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:00 PM
:eek: well... i hope she doesn't mean this year... she has to take out serena,venus and kim behind eachother and then probably maria to get through to the final :tape: that's just sick thinking... maybe she can take out rena in her current form but i see her stopped by venus if she does take serena and schiavone out.

alibaby
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
good...Shuai has to believe in herself and her abilities
yeah,but im not that sure,if she really said it that way...maybe some translation fault..because i rate her rather defensive and modest,as most of the chinese girls are..,got something to to with their culture. id rather say:take it step by step,shuai-baby! :kiss: the potential is there,no doubt.but she should not let too much pressure on her.hey,shes so young,theres always next year!!but of course:all the best,my shuai-baby!! :kiss: :hearts:

cometz9
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
it will be a tough 2nd rd if she plays Schiavone who beat her at LA this summer but i can definitely see Shuai or Schiavone troubling Serena or even beat her.

Experimentee
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Shuai didnt say it, her coach did. I hope she does beleive it though, you have to have a positive attitude to win big matches.

andrewC
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:47 PM

lol the irony :lol:

glad the girl can dream though, ambition is nothing to be ashamed of, although to be fair I doubt it will happen this year... Peng's more than welcome to prove me wrong though :P

Rafe306
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Go Shuai win the US Open you can do it!! :rolleyes:

adachi
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Hmm,I start to realize perhaps Peng thinks she can avenge her loss against Schiavone,
beat an unfit Serena and continue her win against Clijsters.And the fortune is Venus being rusty,Sharapova re-injured in 2nd week.
It's really hopeful!

njnetswill
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM
A young player being this confident is obviously much better than one with no belief in herself.

tenn_ace
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM
She also said her coach had told her lots of practice and a little fortune can help her reach USO final or even win the whole thing.And she can't help expecting that day.

has he read it in a fortune cookie? :p ;)

RenaSlam.
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:25 AM
A little fortune can push you into the 3R :)

frenchie
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:25 AM
I think she's right!
It depends on what she calls "a little fortune". Maybe 7 byes or withdrawals in a row :tape:

JenFan75
Aug 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM

:lol: Jen's one of the fastest people in the game ^^

Can't say that for Serena right now, can you?

1jackson2001
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:00 AM
:lol: Jen's one of the fastest people in the game ^^

Can't say that for Serena right now, can you?

Can't say that about Jen now either, can you?;)

JenFan75
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Can't say that about Jen now either, can you?;)

o.O...I think I just did.

jrm
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:14 AM
This kind of comments always backfire in your face! I would understand if she had some success in last few months to back up the theory. So she beat Clijsters ... two years ago when Kim was winning all those hc tournaments she fell to Krasnorustkaya in Toronto!

Fingon
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:29 AM
This kind of comments always backfire in your face! I would understand if she had some success in last few months to back up the theory. So she beat Clijsters ... two years ago when Kim was winning all those hc tournaments she fell to Krasnorustkaya in Toronto!

agreed, she is repeating what her coach said. Similar case to that idiot of John Alexander predicting that Alicia and Samantha Stosur were going to be # 1 and 2.

the point is, some coaches believe they will motivate the players but telling them they are better than they are and by setting very high goals.

it's ok to dream but you need to be realistic, that statement is not a confidence statement, it's just plain silly.

Who knows, she might win the US Open one day, but she certainly is not winning it this year, and I would bet my ass on that. They have to take it step by step, not put huge expectations on her. I don't blame her, I blame the idiot of the coach.

tennisrox
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Good to see her confidence,but thats really setting herself up for a fall.She's promising but no way would i give her a chance to win :rolleyes: .Remember Sam Sostur's coach and his wimby prediction :tape: ?She lost in the first round! :lol:

G1Player2
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:43 AM

Like Capriati trying to drag her fat ass around the court when she lost 0-6, 1-6 to Zvonareva in Philly?

Like her trying to drag her fat stankin' ass chasing down Dementieva's shots at the US Open and AGAIN going down in a 3rd set tie-breaker...Not to mention her big un-fit rear getting bageled in the 1st set and losing it in just 16 minutes...

This aregument can go on and on...Don't even GET me started...The WIDEBODY has only won 14 career titles in her LONG career and the last one was due to a retirement over a player who OWNS her...

firefly_ac
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Good to see her confidence,but thats really setting herself up for a fall.She's promising but no way would i give her a chance to win :rolleyes: .Remember Sam Sostur's coach and his wimby prediction :tape: ?She lost in the first round! :lol:

ahem! but Shuai is CHinese... Chinese are fighters! :bounce: :)

morningglory
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Best wishes, Peng :D
Yes... with a bit of luck, any player can beat another player on a given day

firefly_ac
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Like Capriati trying to drag her fat ass around the court when she lost 0-6, 1-6 to Zvonareva in Philly?

Like her trying to drag her fat stankin' ass chasing down Dementieva's shots at the US Open and AGAIN going down in a 3rd set tie-breaker...Not to mention her big un-fit rear getting bageled in the 1st set and losing it in just 16 minutes...

This aregument can go on and on...Don't even GET me started...The WIDEBODY has only won 14 career titles in her LONG career and the last one was due to a retirement over a player who OWNS her...

cool it! thought the thread's abt shuai? :p

dansnewbeg
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I like that girl... she can beat Serena Williams should they meet in the 3rd round.

New
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:03 AM
She should think big... :yeah:

No point coming to a Slam if you only think to win enough to reach 2nd/3rd round only...

Pengwin
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:41 AM
You know, if you don't believe you can win a Grand Slam then you never will, so good on her :yeah:

@m@nd@
Aug 28th, 2005, 07:44 AM
no offense, but a little fortune can only push her into R32

Penglover
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
no offense, but a little fortune can only push her into R32

you will see :lol:

Penglover
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I think serena may need a little fortune instead of Peng :lol:

Ellery
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Good luck, Shuai! :kiss:

Sam L
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Damn, she's been reading too many Chinese fortune cookies.

adachi
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:37 AM
OMG Peng Shuai......
She needs to learn from Li Na how to deal with low-ranked player

dukeblue5
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:45 AM
I think serena may need a little fortune instead of Peng :lol:

:lol: :lol: :tape: :tape: :devil: