PDA

View Full Version : Steffi has a 36-0 winning record over the Maleeva sisters! !<!ouch!>!

gRaFiC
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Steffi is 17-0 against Manuela, 11-0 against Katerina and 8-0 against Maggie.

Amazing that not one sister could manage an upset. Manuela had her chances in a couple of matches but to no avail...

Great head to head for steffi. Maleeva sisters :o

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:49 AM
where the heck is calimero?

Calimero377
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Steffi is 17-0 against Manuela, 11-0 against Katerina and 8-0 against Maggie.

Amazing that not one sister could manage an upset. Manuela had her chances in a couple of matches but to no avail...

Great head to head for steffi. Maleeva sisters :o

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pengwin
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Oh joy.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Woo-fucking-hoo.

:p

tennisIlove09
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:48 AM
why isnt this a "sign of greatness thread"

JenFan75
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:59 AM
And Lendl was something like 17-0 against Brad Gilbert. Whoo for good head to heads against mediocre players! :rolleyes:

gRaFiC
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:25 AM
well i was kinda amazed. I thought manuela mighta beat steffi in the early days. I thought that given that there are three sisters and a combined 36 matches they played against steffi over many years that one of them might of racked up a win.

To balance things out (kind of) I can think of two players, both mediocre, with winning head to heads against steffi. Liz Smylie 1-0 (nee sayers) and Jo Durie 4-3!!

Maryamator
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:30 AM
wow! a true legend!:worship: steffi graff :worship:

hanafan
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Jo Durie "mediocre"??? Well, that's your conception, not mine anyway! Joe has reached number 5 spot in the world in 83/84, and was a talented player. If she's mediocre, that means that the likes of Kohde, Bunge, Maleeva's, Jordan, Garrison, Rubin, Schnyder.. are mediocre... That's not an objective appreciation of their talent. And, tell me, who is not mediocre, then?

Chunchun
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:50 AM
17-0 :eek:

and it may become the h2h for Serena vs. LenaD 10 years later :tape:

volta
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:07 AM
17-0 :eek:

and it may become the h2h for Serena vs. LenaD 10 years later :tape:
:lol: :lol:

Declan
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Jo Durie "mediocre"??? Well, that's your conception, not mine anyway! Joe has reached number 5 spot in the world in 83/84, and was a talented player. If she's mediocre, that means that the likes of Kohde, Bunge, Maleeva's, Jordan, Garrison, Rubin, Schnyder.. are mediocre... That's not an objective appreciation of their talent. And, tell me, who is not mediocre, then?

True. Jo was at least a Quarter-Finalist at all four Slams, and reached the last four at the US Open and Roland Garros in 1983:that can never be called mediocre. Nor were the Maleevas remotely 'mediocre' (although Maggie's Slam record wasn't the best.)

samn
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM
At least Manuela gave Graf some very tight matches in the 80s. The worst was Nathalie Tauziat, who in 21 matches against Graf, didn't even win a set. Hell, she didn't take Graf to a tiebreaker even once!

Shonami Slam
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM
well. even though they ARE sisters, they had very different game-styles IMO, even though mama maleeva was a strict little woman and had them go through her training methods.
but what their game-styles vary, thier power doesn't - all 3 had no chance against the outbursting forehand and the glorious head to head.
that's why it wasn't just win/loss, it was match wins dominated as well. she lost just 6 sets to the supiorior of the sisters - Manuela. btw - 4 of these sets were taken by Manuela in the Maleeva-surface (and what COULD have been thier slam had there been a slam like that) - Carpet.
Manuela was a top10 player in all but the last two meetings, so she ain't no pushover.
Katerina could only take one set in 11 matches. moreover, she could only win 6 games from steffi APART that one set. as for lil' Maggie who in my opinion is a solid rock in the world of tennis (up to a couple of years ago, age has caught up with her) could take just one set as well.
all in all Maleevas took 8 sets from graf. and that's a whole lot IMO.

king416
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Theres 2 Steffi fanatics on the board now?! 1 is enough :rolleyes:
Yes she was an all time great but enough with the pointless threads like this one.

gRaFiC
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I don't care if steffi is the greatest or not. I came across this head to head and was kinda shocked. that. is. all.

Come to think of it, Liz Smylie can hardly be classed mediocre either, she's a former wimbledon champion.

frenchie
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I think Steffi is 22/0 against Tauziat!!!
She didn't even take a set off Steffi.....

DragonFlame
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM
owh.....my......GOD.................. :o btw we never try to put the word steffi in a title, you're making cali all aroused that way :tape: :lol:

Jakeev
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I think Steffi is 22/0 against Tauziat!!!
She didn't even take a set off Steffi.....

21-0.

matthias
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM
this is really ---- > :eek:

crazillo
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I think Maggie beat Graf in doubles once. :p :eek:

le bon vivant
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Isnt she like 21-0 against Mary Joe Fernandez? lol!