PDA

View Full Version : Is Chakvetadze playing the second best tennis among Russians right now?

alwayshingis
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Seems like it to me with all the injuries, etc. Jeep it up Anna. :D

RenaSlam.
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Prob. Then again, Kuznetsova can barely keep it in the court, Dementieva is just bleh, Myskina is the same level she was in '04...not much competition there.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Prob. Then again, Kuznetsova can barely keep it in the court, Dementieva is just bleh, Myskina is the same level she was in '04...not much competition there.

I think Myskina is out of what she was last year

jfk
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM
She was extremely average tonight.

I'd say Sharapova, Myskina, and Petrova are playing better. Dementieva is hit or miss. Kuznetsova and Zvonareva are off right now.

Volcana
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Yes.

The problem is, it's NOT because she's playing better.

Jakeev
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:30 AM
I think Anna has the best summer record of the Russians. Or at least the most consistent results.

Ceecor
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I think she is playing well...but for the thread ,not sure if it isnt inflated by other russians poor recent form..BUT i took the 17's on her to cover a dav wager.

Munchen
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Go Anna :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:44 AM
It is incredible how can people so easily forget Petrova and how consistent she has been except for her late injury.

_LuCaS_
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:03 AM
What do you mean with right now? Summer? Last tourney?
and btw who plays the best tennis among the Russians right now ?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:09 AM
What do you mean with right now? Summer? Last tourney?
and btw who plays the best tennis among the Russians right now ?

Should be Maria cause she is the one with the most tournaments won and at least more consistent.

Jakeev
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Here are the records of the Russia's top 15 Russians from Wimbledon on:

1. Maria Sharapova: 7-1 (defaulted in LA quarters)

2. Svetlana Kuznetsova: 6-4 (now has a back injury)

3. Elena Dementieva: 8-4

4. Nadia Petrova: 8-4

5. Anastasia Myskina: 13-3

6. Elena Bovina: No matches since the French Open cause of injury

7. Vera Zvonareva: 2-4 (is injured)

8. Elena Likhovsteva: 5-3 (I think has been injured)

9. Dinara Safina: 7-4

10. Anna Chakvetadze: 8-4 (think pulled out of Toronto)

11. Vera Douchevina: 4-3 (had some injuries after Wimbledon)

12. Elenea Linetskaya: 0-4 (has been ill and issues with father)

13. Maria Kirilenko:5-6 (three qualifying matches, has also been injured)

14. Alina Jidkova: 9-6 (7 qualifying matches)

15. Ekaterina Bychkova: WTA: 5-5 (4 qualifying matches) ITF: 1-3

Make your own judgements folks. From the looks of it, good ol Myskina has been the model of consistency. So there you have it.

Sweep
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I think she's been doing bloody well lately. I'd like to see her continue to rise up the rankings.

In Chakvetadze Russia has yet another bright prospect to go along with Sharapova and the crew - she's got a good future if she continues at this rate!

goldenlox
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:19 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PPT14908270204.jpg

Russia's Anna Chakvetadze stand between shots in the second set of her semifinal round singles match at the Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament in New Haven, Conn., Friday, Aug. 26, 2005, with Lindsay Davenport, of Laguna Beach, Calif. Davenport defeated Chakvetadze, 6-3, 6-3, to advance to the chamnpionship match where she will meet France's Amelie Mauresmo, Saturday, Aug. 27. (AP Photo/Bob Child)

Shonami Slam
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
well, the russians have really had a few girls each time play some great tennis for parts of the year.
of course, that's because they have so many great players.
even with vera and bovina out of the USopen, they still drown the field.

Jakeev
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:42 AM
well, the russians have really had a few girls each time play some great tennis for parts of the year.
of course, that's because they have so many great players.
even with vera and bovina out of the USopen, they still drown the field.

I think there is truth to that. Anna for instance struggled for much of 2005 until Instanbul. Her best result prior I think was at Indian Wells were she got to the 3rd round.

You are right the women seem to drown out the draws week end and out, but they are definitely a step below in 2005.

Only Sharapova has dodged an early round exit but has played all of 7 matches since Wimbledon.

Portobello
Aug 29th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I dont think so :p