PDA

View Full Version : Is this the 1st "Lindsay's number 1 again!" thread? maybe, maybe not ;) who knows?!

RayRob
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Lindsay defeats Ana Chakvetadze 6/3, 6/3 to become number one again :D

I must admit, I'm really enjoying this battle between these two - makes the US Open more interesting (not that it won't be already because it's my favourite Grand Slam).

I am one of those people who would prefer the #1 to be holding a GS title, but unfortunately with injuries and so forth the number 1 has to be the most consistant person on the tour....and right now, that's fair....and as of monday, that's Lindsay....at least I hope I got the calculations right or I'll be looking a bit red in the face with this thread :lol:

Go Lindsay - now, the US Open ;)

-Rache

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:53 AM
:haha: :yeah:

Infiniti2001
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Will the WTA give her a trophy ? :lol:
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4223/grabbedframe19xu.jpg

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Today... the world becomes a worst place to live in.

Nah, just kidding.. :p Congrats Linz!

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Or a cupcake like Maria got... :lick: :drool:

SelesFan70
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:56 AM
:banana:

Kelly
lmao...well the wta are all about savng money these days

hablo
congrats Lindsay on getting her #1 ranking back :yeah:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Beware Lindsay... Maria and Kim are coming back... keep the honor high!

Robbie.
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:58 AM
:bounce: :lol: :bounce:

-VSR-
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:58 AM

Oh my god. Bad picture. :lol: But at least I know the score of the Red Sox game!!!! :bounce: :lol:

zuluagafan
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:00 AM
aww maria only lasted like 5 days :lol:

yay lindsay!!

RayRob
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:02 AM

HAHA, you got that picture almost as quick as I posted this ;) I wonder if she will get a cake, or a trophey....or maybe the WTA are bored of doing that for her since she's been there so many times ;)

RayRob
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Oh my god. Bad picture. :lol: But at least I know the score of the Red Sox game!!!! :bounce: :lol:

:haha: good one!

Kelly
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:05 AM
there thinking
'jesus.....shes had a trophy, cake, new porsche, few million $$$, a new rolex--his and hers of course, what can we get her now......the us open trophey??? i think she will like that"

RayRob
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:07 AM
I hope so Kelly....nothing left to give her - she's just being greedy now ;)

TF Chipmunk
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:33 AM
:woohoo: This week was just a blip in the radar for Lindsay (ranking-wise) :D

Marshmallow
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Mission accomplished. On to your next mission. Keep it after the USO. That will involve getting to yet another Slam final or winning it. Good luck Lindsay.

Portobello
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:50 AM
I'm fair enough so ;)
Congrats Linds,great comeback :yeah:
has a good 2 weeks in NY :D

iPatty
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Awesome Lindsay. Now complete your mini "comeback" and beat lil Momo in the final! Also you can kick Kims ass in the US Open final!!

goldenboi356
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:00 AM
I love u lindsay!! u got ur num 1 back!!!!!

RussiansFan
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Congratulation Lindsay for having returned playing so well after an injury and for your #1 rank, although you keep it from my fave! :) :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:42 AM
It is amazing how when Maria became number one... she was being bashed all over the place, specially by Davenport fans...

Now in this thread... I have seen quite a bucnh of Sharapova fans, who even know their favorite lost a great part, still honor Lindsay as she deserves it.

I honor the class that they demonstrate... :worship:

Yet, I hope the rotten souls of some actually can find any respect for this people, and stop bashing her.

Sun*Kissed
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:45 AM
:banana: Lindsay!!

Elldee
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Lindsay won't get an hoopla for returning to the top spot... you only get that when you take it for the first time.

Lindsayfan32
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:11 AM
HAHA, you got that picture almost as quick as I posted this ;) I wonder if she will get a cake, or a trophey....or maybe the WTA are bored of doing that for her since she's been there so many times ;)

They didn't even do for her the first time and this according the WTA offical site is her 7th time a number one. Yes I have been following her long enough to remeber the first time.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

thekimfan
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:16 AM
glad she's number 1 again :D

Veenut
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:56 PM
According to recent definition of WTA #1, Lidasay you are the most consistent player with 6-7 finals this year including 2 majors and IW. :yeah:
I have the feeling that Lindsay will get to the final of the USO and if there isn't a Williams in the final she will be holding the trophy.

RayRob
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:50 PM
It is amazing how when Maria became number one... she was being bashed all over the place, specially by Davenport fans...

Now in this thread... I have seen quite a bucnh of Sharapova fans, who even know their favorite lost a great part, still honor Lindsay as she deserves it.

I honor the class that they demonstrate... :worship:

Yet, I hope the rotten souls of some actually can find any respect for this people, and stop bashing her.

Well, I was NOT one of those Davenport fans that slated Maria as number 1....she deserved it earlier in the year but couldn't get one round ahead of Lindsay which she needed.

As I said in the opening post - I greatly look forward to the battle for #1 during USO :D

-Rache

PS. much respect to those Maria fans that have come in here to congratulate and not critisize :yeah:

Lindsayfan32
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Lindsay defeats Ana Chakvetadze 6/3, 6/3 to become number one again :D

I must admit, I'm really enjoying this battle between these two - makes the US Open more interesting (not that it won't be already because it's my favourite Grand Slam).

I am one of those people who would prefer the #1 to be holding a GS title, but unfortunately with injuries and so forth the number 1 has to be the most consistant person on the tour....and right now, that's fair....and as of monday, that's Lindsay....at least I hope I got the calculations right or I'll be looking a bit red in the face with this thread :lol:

Go Lindsay - now, the US Open ;)

-Rache

I agree with you rayrob but Lindsay has done the next best thing and made two finals and even if she makes the US Open final and falls short (which I hope she dosen't) shge is still the most deserving at moment. Its not her fault the Williams sisters don't play much outside the grand slams.

:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

foreva lindsay
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:32 AM

:haha: :haha:

foreva lindsay
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM
According to recent definition of WTA #1, Lindsay you are the most consistent player with 6-7 finals this year including 2 majors and IW. :yeah:

definatley more deserved #1 this year :D

I have the feeling that Lindsay will get to the final of the USO and if there isn't a Williams in the final she will be holding the trophy.

or 3rd time lucky and beat a sister ;)

Loughyunijen
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
what were all the gifts for?? did lindsay gether pen??