PDA

View Full Version : So which sister will get the coveted Monday/Tuesday night spot??

V-MAC
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Depending whether they play on Monday or Tuesday, I'm wondering which will get the honour of playing the night session. Of course Kim has a chance of getting it too but quite unlikely. I am thinking it will be Serena. It has become almost tradition for her to open up the US Open night session matches first. I really hope it will be Venus though ;) :devil: , mainly because the night matches are ALWAYS a sure bet to be shown live over here and I am dying to see her play again :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

alwayshingis
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:20 AM
What will be your reaction if it is Masha?

V-MAC
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:22 AM
What will be your reaction if it is Masha?

I didn't know they were in the same section of the draw :eek: :o Are you sure they are? I can't imagine Kim, Venus, Serena and Maria all squashed together in the same half :confused:

cometz9
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I think Sharapova will open the Night Session on Arthur Ashe because she's the No.1 seed. They will probably put Venus and Serena either on Ashe or Armstrong in the day.

Knizzle
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I didn't know they were in the same section of the draw :eek: :o Are you sure they are? I can't imagine Kim, Venus, Serena and Maria all squashed together in the same half :confused:

Yes, they are in the same half.

I think the defending champ gets to play first on Ashe stadium so I guess Kuznetsova will be first up on Ashe on Mon or Tues.

cometz9
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:24 AM

You didn't know, Sharapova, Clijsters, Kuznetsova, Venus and Serena are all in the Top Half of Draw?

V-MAC
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Yes, they are in the same half.

yikes, didn't study the draw well enough :o :lol:

hmm, very interesting then, I still think Serena will get it over Maria though, being American and all

alwayshingis
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Depending on what men's side is playing that day, I see it going:
Serena with the first match on Ashe
Masha with the night match on Ashe
Kim with an early match on Louis
Venus with an afternoon match on Louis

Venusfan4EvEr
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:26 AM
ya it is quite unfortuante that 4 out of 5 players with the best chance (even though i dont give Serena a hell of a chance) but still quite unfortuante

V-MAC
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:26 AM
You didn't know, Sharapova, Clijsters, Kuznetsova, Venus and Serena are all in the Top Half of Draw?

I knew Venus' section was tough but I thought Maria was in the other half :tape:

tennisbum79
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Venus, Maria, maybe Serena

Maybe because Serean is not 100%. In my opinion if she was, she would be on top of the list to headline Monday night.
Organizers may be concerned about headlining her for fear she she might not finish the match.

-VSR-
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Venus won Wimbledon, she should get it. Serena prob will play sloppy tennis, and Maria can play during the day. Kuznetsova will prob lose, so not her. Kim will play during afternoon.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Maria will get the night session, she's the top seed.

Stamp Paid
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Why does it matter which sister?

Damn yall are always the first ones to compare the two, and then act like I'm doing something wrong when I shove the records down your throats...

-VSR-
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Maria doesn't deserve the night spot, considering her past results.

pcrtennis
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Either way, I get to see Rika or Yung-Jan!

alwayshingis
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Maria will play Monday Night. They just said so on CBS.

Babolatpro880
Aug 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
On Monday they're showing Venus vs. Fujiwara and Serena vs. Chan during the day, as well as Agassi vs. Zabau(sp?) followed by Sharapova vs. Daniilidou at night.

Anyway, I'm excited to see Chan play, she seems to be very talented.