PDA

View Full Version : Williams' Fans I have a Question!

kosmikgroove
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:32 PM
How many siblings do Serena & Venus have (obviously not counting each other and half-sisters) and what are they doing today?

I was wondering more specifically if you have insight, why only Serena and Venus played tennis? Or did all the other girls play as well and only these two specific girls showed promise?

tennisIlove09
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:33 PM
They have three older sisters. Yetunde died almost two years ago :sad:

I think they all played tennis, but Venus and Serena were the two that had the passion for it the most, and were the best. I remember them saying Lynne played but wasn't very good.

Oneofakind0490
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:35 PM

I think they all played tennis, but Venus and Serena were the two that had the passion for it the most, and were the best. I remember them saying Lynne played but wasn't very good.Is Lynne good at anything :p j/k

darrinbaker00
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:46 PM

I think they all played tennis, but Venus and Serena were the two that had the passion for it the most, and were the best. I remember them saying Lynne played but wasn't very good.
Someone please correct me if I wrong, but I believe I read in Jon Wertheim's book "Venus Envy" that Richard has two kids from his first marriage, and one of them, Richard Williams Jr., is in prison.

darrinbaker00
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Is Lynne good at anything :p j/k
Without a doubt, yours is the greatest sig in WTAworld history. ;)

davidmario
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:48 PM
:lol:

CJ07
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM
they have several more siblings. There are around 10 in all between Oracene and Richard if I'm not mistaken.

However, they're estranged from most.

Volcana
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Someone please correct me if I wrong, but I believe I read in Jon Wertheim's book "Venus Envy" that Richard has two kids from his first marriage, and one of them, Richard Williams Jr., is in prison.Google yields nothing on this. You might check the book.

tennisbum79
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM

She is good at unscripted drama!!
Seriously though, I heard she had an engineering degree. But I am not sure she is still in that line of work.
She seems to follow her sisters in a lot of countries, I don't see any company tolerating that for 9-5 job.