PDA

View Full Version : Am I A Bitch?

SelesFan70
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Yesterday at work, a guy brought his new born baby in to show her off to the office. Fine. But the baby was crying (more like WAILING) and it was disrupting me, so I called my supervisor and asked her to ask him to leave...or at least take the baby into a lobby area. The man looked at her like she was crazy, but he did it. This is not a nursery...it's a business.

Was I wrong?

Helen Lawson
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:32 PM
If it was a one-time thing to show the baby off, I would have let it slide. I mean, unless you're doing a film shoot or a medical operation, how much can you job really be affected over a few minutes of baby-wailing?

AjdeNate!
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:37 PM
i hate kids, you did nothing wrong as far as i'm concerned

SelesFan70
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:37 PM
If it was a one-time thing to show the baby off, I would have let it slide. I mean, unless you're doing a film shoot or a medical operation, how much can you job really be affected over a few minutes of baby-wailing?

Well, it was more like 15 minutes. Believe me...I didn't want to do it, but you'd think common sense would have told him to take the baby to another area since the baby just wasn't coopertating? :shrug: We have 150+ people in this office (I work in a call center type of place where we have to take incoming calls, and it's hard to for me at least to concentrate with a crying baby in the room). I wasn't the only one complaining...just the only one who said something to our supervisor...who was in her office on the the other side of the room with the door closed. :tape:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Have you stopped to consider that you did the right thing, but are a b!tch anyway? :-p

(By the way, I think you did the right thing. My experience is that workers with kids tend to be ingrateful about the sacrifices those of us without kids make to cover for them.)

SelesFan70
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Have you stopped to consider that you did the right thing, but are a b!tch anyway? :-p

(By the way, I think you did the right thing. My experience is that workers with kids tend to be ingrateful about the sacrifices those of us without kids make to cover for them.)

I almost put that as a poll option, but I already I know I "can be" bitchy. :lol:

kebab
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
You are absolutely right

CooCooCachoo
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Kids stink :armed:

Dexter
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
I will do the same :yeah:
Altough I love kids ;)

ampers&
Aug 26th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Yesterday at work, a guy brought his new born baby in to show her off to the office. Fine. But the baby was crying (more like WAILING) and it was disrupting me, so I called my supervisor and asked her to ask him to leave...or at least take the baby into a lobby area. The man looked at her like she was crazy, but he did it. This is not a nursery...it's a business.

Was I wrong?
No, you were not wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that you are indeed a bitch. :p

ToeTag
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Was I wrong? Hell No!!
I would have put up with it though. :rolleyes: :smash:

kabuki
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:10 AM
You are an intolerant bitch. :D

new-york
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:22 AM
you could have let it slide,i guess he hadn't planed to stay the full day + vacations there.

SelesFan70
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:28 AM
You are an intolerant bitch. :D

I swear, if 10 more people tell me that...I'm gonna start to believe it! :devil:

kabuki
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:41 AM
I swear, if 10 more people tell me that...I'm gonna start to believe it! :devil:

Does it count if I tell you 10 more times? :p

Wigglytuff
Aug 27th, 2005, 12:49 AM

Was I wrong?

i think you did the right thing. people with children are so annoying, they feel like the are entitled to ruin everything for everyone.

i hate it when pregnant women look at me funny on the subway like they want my seat. i always say to myself "why should i give some knocked up woman my seat just because she doesnt know how to use a condom" :devil:

le bon vivant
Aug 27th, 2005, 01:12 AM
the workplace is no place for kids. but i would have ridden it out until he was gone. i have a weakness for children. even the ugly ones.

me too, it was a precious lil' baby!

Selesfan, you suck. :)

RenaSlam.
Aug 27th, 2005, 02:25 AM
I would have done the same. Allez SelesFan!

kabuki
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:03 AM
i don't know. i mean the more i think about it the more i feel that was pretty mean, selesfan. :lol:

I'm concerned that you were bothering to think about it. :unsure: :lol:

ceiling_fan
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:11 AM
i hate crying babies, u were right :yeah:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:07 AM
the workplace is no place for kids. but i would have ridden it out until he was gone. i have a weakness for children. even the ugly ones.lol.

i like kids, but it seems that they always have a weakness for me.:rolleyes: i remember a few days ago, this year old baby brat of a child was just crying and cryin in the train. i was so fucking annoyed cuz his mom couldn;t do anything i smiled and asked her if i could carry him. i did and he shut up.

back home my friends always called me when they babysat. :mad: "vee, this little monster is driving me up the wall!what do i do. P<LEASe get over her NOW!" i'll never forget.

i dont know. i'm like a baby/children magnet. unfortunately i get bored with the really fast and they dont.:rolleyes: luckly i have the patience of a saint!

but i have to admit, carrying a sleeping baby is the best feeling in the world.

Maryamator
Aug 27th, 2005, 08:54 AM
babies are annoying the only thing they do is cry and cry and cry

Kart
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:28 PM
You were right, and also brave.