PDA

View Full Version : Us Open 2005 Draw

saby
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Mary vs Mara Santangelo - Italy

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ws/r1s3.html

allezmary
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
gosh! i just knew she'd draw henin. that stinks she's playing such great tennis and gets such a tough draw. the same thing happened at the 97 and 98 us opens when she drew seles and venus in the 16s. anyways, here's to payback for roland garros!!

vanillalatte
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Allez Mahree!
way to go :woohoo:

Edman
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM
good luck mary!!!!!

ali
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
This was the draw I was dreading! I would have prefered any forth round match over Henin (with the possible exception of Clijsters). My prayers for her to be in Kuznetsova's quarter weren't answered! ;)

Oh well, if she's going to win the title, I guess she'd probably have to face her at some point!

sebbe
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Agree with you, this is a terrible draw. Pretty easy though before the 4:th round, I said before...please, anyone but Henin. And what a surprise, Henin.

Oh well, Mary need to win three matches but yeah.

Declan
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I saw a couple of Henin's matches in Toronto, and she's definitely not at her best right now. If Mary comes out all guns blazing in the early rounds I would feel more hopeful than I ever have at the prospect of a match with the Belgian. And truthfully, it's not even a given that Henin will get that far really.

cakiteror
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
id rathwr MARY played justine in the round of 16,than in final!

ali
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I can't really see anyone troubling Henin before the 4th round though Declan - wish there was a Daniilidou in there but it looks quite straight forward.

After my initial "oh no" reaction, I'm going to try and be positive. They've played some close matches before when Mary wasn't playing as well as she is now, so she'll definately have a chance.

cakiteror
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:54 PM
sorry,rather

vanillalatte
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM
don't worry.. IF mary's gonna play henin she will win :D
her revenge :devil:

rsunderji
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM
yeah I have faith in Mary to beat Henin too (assuming Mary and JHH will get there). I thinkt he key to beating JHH is to come to the net more often and force her to make shots. Like was said earlier if Mary is going to win this thing she has to beat the best players. She did beat Hingis, the world number one at the time, when she won the French in '00 remember. Allez Mary!

Rahim

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:05 PM
What a "GOOD" draw, un tableau comme on les aime !

3 easy rounds (but BE CAREFULL, ONE MATCH AT A TIME !) and then :
Henin, Mauresmo, Davenport, and CLijsters to finish !

Bah écoutez, ca fait du bien, ca fait plaisir, c'est que du bon, que du lourd, que des chocs !
Le genre de match que Mary adore disputer, et qu'on adorera suivre !

Go Mary, SHINE and FIGHT ! Play your best game, and the best things will happen ! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Best of luck to Mary !!!!!!!

One match at a time

Your Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!

Mark

NicoMary
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Well if mary play like she did in san diego...any draw would be a good draw:rolleyes: :worship:

..SO lets see...hope Mary is in shape.... her powergame talk for her right now:hearts:

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM
did some one say Mary would arrive tommorow at the Open ??

Mark

christo
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Mary will go by plane from Florida to New York thursday evening so tomorrow

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:55 PM
A NEW GRAN SLAM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OR BOTH :lol:

rsunderji
Aug 24th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I dont' think Mary is enrolled for doubles it says she is only entered for singles at the usopen.org site but maybe that will change

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I dont' think Mary is enrolled for doubles it says she is only entered for singles at the usopen.org site but maybe that will change

it was saying the asme during the first days of Wimbledon, so it doesn't reveal anything ;)

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I hope that Mary will play Mixed again with Mahesh !!!!!!!!!

Mark

sebbe
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Would be cool yeah if Mary and Mahesh teamed up together again.

Andy.
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:40 PM
She shouldnt have too much trouble getting to the fourth round but after that Mary will have to be playing really well if she wants to advance. Good luck Mary i hope you play an awesome tournament and stay injury free

aimee20
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:35 PM
she can do it. there 's nothing boost you better than beating your nemesis! :devil:

Scotso
Aug 25th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Of course Mary would draw Justine :rolleyes:

Still, up until that point she has a really good draw.

ALLEZ MARY! :D

MPStylee
Aug 25th, 2005, 03:35 AM
I hope she does get to the 4th round beats Henin as revenge for the French and then has to play Davenport and beats her for revenge of 1999 US Open Quarter!!! Anything's possible dudes! Remember she beat Maria last year and no one expected that!!! Allez!!!!

DomenicDemaria
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Hopefully Mary can have a good tournament!!! Not the draw I wanted, but it is still good. Hopefully Mary plays mixed with Mahesh but I have a feeling she wont because of her thigh. Remember she said she only played mixed because she was fit enough.

ashwu
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:00 AM
one match at a time~
go mary!

LostGlory
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Good Draw for mary, the painful thing is that all the USOPEN articles i've read untill now do not even consider her a contender and she's had one of the best hard court results this season.....

ashwu
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:26 AM
from tennis reporters, that Matthew Cronin again :)

Mary Pierce: One of the smartest players and most confident volleyers out there, Pierce showed in winning San Diego that she has enough pop to do damage on hard courts. But, she's never played great here and will have to prove she can deal with the eccentricities of Flushing Meadows before fans believe that she has a proper NY state of mind. That means getting serious measure of revenge on Henin-Hardenne for the butt kicking the Belgian delivered on her in the Roland Garros final.

LostGlory
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM
from tennis reporters, that Matthew Cronin again :)

Mary Pierce: One of the smartest players and most confident volleyers out there, Pierce showed in winning San Diego that she has enough pop to do damage on hard courts. But, she's never played great here and will have to prove she can deal with the eccentricities of Flushing Meadows before fans believe that she has a proper NY state of mind. That means getting serious measure of revenge on Henin-Hardenne for the butt kicking the Belgian delivered on her in the Roland Garros final.

Actually that could be considered quiet an intriguing match to watch....maybe Piece can do the butt kicking this time although what Frightens me is the mental strength and Determination of JHH....Pierce's way of play pisses alot of people off especially the amount of time she takes to serve and the fact that she needs to use the towel even when she just got up from the chair and after each and every point.....but that is her way and if it works for her then good on her.....to win anything is a mixture of alot of things including luck and circumstances and one should do what works for them...in the end no one remember how close the match was but everyone remembers THE WINNER....
Good Luck Mary....

isaboulou
Aug 25th, 2005, 11:41 AM
be careful Gisela dulko is dangerous i think, but mary can do it
One match at a time and the first is santangelo

stenen
Aug 25th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Actually that could be considered quiet an intriguing match to watch....maybe Piece can do the butt kicking this time although what Frightens me is the mental strength and Determination of JHH....Pierce's way of play pisses alot of people off especially the amount of time she takes to serve and the fact that she needs to use the towel even when she just got up from the chair and after each and every point.....

You might be afraid of Justine's mental strength or determination but Mary isn't since she has a good healthy dose of it herself.
What do you mean that she pisses a lot of people off? Do you mean spectators or players? As for the players her long, but within limits, preparation before serving doesn't piss that many players off. She doesn't use the towel after each and every point...she starts doing that more when the match has progressed, it's hot and hands a greater tendency to develop sweat much faster than in the beginning of the match. A lot players start wiping sweat their hands more during the point as the match progresses.

Good luck Mary! :bounce:

cakiteror
Aug 25th, 2005, 12:03 PM
guys we are thinking about the 4th round,but mary can have problems in early rounds as well,remember vakulenko at wimbly!!!???
so lets just take one match at the time!
GOOD LUCK MAAAAAAAARY!!!!

Lu_Weird
Aug 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Guys...it is really terrible draw...Justine Hennie.. :( The most dangerouse player.... look at Patty's draw..so lucky... :( if Mary 11seed it could so good. Justine always a super crazy player..I remember last year in Olypimic..Mary defeat Venus.and then confront Justine..I thought Mary could won her too because it was just the first match of Justine injury back from FrenchOpen. But she seems still too super aggressive....... :(((( want to cry!!! But on the other hand..If Mary defeat Justine..it would make her very very very confident and win the tiltle!!! :D

stenen
Aug 25th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Guys...it is really terrible draw...Justine Hennie.. :( The most dangerouse player.... look at Patty's draw..so lucky... :( if Mary 11seed it could so good. Justine always a super crazy player..I remember last year in Olypimic..Mary defeat Venus.and then confront Justine..I thought Mary could won her too because it was just the first match of Justine injury back from FrenchOpen. But she seems still too super aggressive....... :(((( want to cry!!! But on the other hand..If Mary defeat Justine..it would make her very very very confident and win the tiltle!!! :D

It's not a dream draw but Mary is in much better shape now than she was last year.

Kathrin
Aug 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Hi,
I don't think Mary will have any problems with the draw at New York. Have you all seen her play this year? She is sooo awesome I can't believe it. I guess she will win the US Open which means it doesn't matter when she will face Justine or other higher ranked players! She has to beat them anyway and this will definitly work. I totally trust her because she plays with heart! So don't be afraid, Mary is unbeatable on hard court;-)!

Kathrin

sebbe
Aug 25th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Mary has been playing great the last couple of months and do have a great chance.
I just wish Mary could get a breakthrough and beat Justine this time.

saby
Aug 25th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I read an article today and journalists count on Mary to open the draw for Mauresmo...(You can easily understand that they hope Mary can beat Justine, b/c it will be easier for Mauresmo to get through the semi-final...) :rolleyes:

flea
Aug 25th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I read an article today and journalists count on Mary to open the draw for Mauresmo...(You can easily understand that they hope Mary can beat Justine, b/c it will be easier for Mauresmo to get through the semi-final...) :rolleyes: French journalists are stupid !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vanillalatte
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:00 PM
French journalists are stupid !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

not only.. does anybody remember anabel blah blah (craft?) ?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

cakiteror
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM
well,hey better pray mary loses,cause if she beats justine,amelie,will be juct an easy effort!

flea
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM
if she beats justine,amelie,will be juct an easy effort!
:lol: :clap2:

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I read an article today and journalists count on Mary to open the draw for Mauresmo...(You can easily understand that they hope Mary can beat Justine, b/c it will be easier for Mauresmo to get through the semi-final...) :rolleyes:

Gosh !

Qu'est-ce qu'ils sont cons quand même !
Mary va ouvrir le tableau petit à petit, en sortant Justine ... Amélie, Kim, Lindsay ... :angel:

cakiteror
Aug 25th, 2005, 07:52 PM
i am so sorry guys,i dont know what in the hell is wrong with my spelling,but you get the point!:)

Mark Spruce
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah when/if Mary beats Momo I think that would have to consider a new ladys French number one.

Anabel Croft, I think that she is a rare bread of Dog I think LOL

Mark

sebbe
Aug 25th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Oh please Mary, beat Justine and the MAURESMO!!

vanillalatte
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Allez Mary!
we luv you ;)

sebbe
Aug 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Mary will begin her Usopen campaigne on tuesday cuz the top half will play on monday.

Mark Spruce
Aug 27th, 2005, 09:37 PM
oh that is good as on Monday I am travelling !!!!!!!!

Mark

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Oh I have just checked the ladies double draw, and Mary does not seem to be there. So it might be that Mary will be playingng mixed with Mahesh.

I hope it will be so

Mark