PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of...

Paldias
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
the song Instant Pleasure by Rufus Wainwright? I just researched it and it came out in 1999, and I'm surprised I've only heard it now because I really really like it.

katiektc
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
I ADORE Rufus Wainwright!

He's one of my favourite artists. That song was for the soundtrack to 'Big Daddy', it's good, but he has loads more better songs. You should check out his 'Want One' and 'Want Two' albums, they are just simply amazing.

And he is beautiful. ;)

Paldias
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:34 AM
I ADORE Rufus Wainwright!

He's one of my favourite artists. That song was for the soundtrack to 'Big Daddy', it's good, but he has loads more better songs. You should check out his 'Want One' and 'Want Two' albums, they are just simply amazing.

And he is beautiful. ;)

Do you have any suggestions?

selking
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:08 AM
I was gonna see him when ben Folds came to town but never got tickets. Seem like good stuff from what i heard.

PamShriverRockz
Aug 24th, 2005, 09:11 AM
the song Instant Pleasure by Rufus Wainwright? I just researched it and it came out in 1999, and I'm surprised I've only heard it now because I really really like it.

OOoo words cannot describe how much I LOVE Rufus!!!

As Katie says, Instant Pleasure is good but he has tonnes of better songs. 'Want One' and 'Want Two' are excellent albums. There's his debut 'Rufus Wainwright' album and 'Poses' too, all great stuff. The first two have a slightly different sound to the second two. If you really want a proper introduction to Rufus it might be best starting with the first two albums first! :)

Oh and you MUST get hold of his version of Hallelujah from Shrek. (even though his version didn't feature in the film) There are a couple of covers like He Aint Heavy and Across the Universe that are a must in any Rufus collection!
If you have trouble finding the odd mp3, PM me I might be able to help you....

Oh and he's bloody gorgeous ;)
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/images/112004/97f1119.jpg

Achem, I'll calm down now ;)

Shonami Slam
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:48 PM
his sister is way better.
martha.

PamShriverRockz
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Martha Wainwright indeed rockz too. Bloody Mother Fucking Arsehole is a genius song!